Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 422. (Read 1201332 times)

Activity: 452
Merit: 251
What now? Any news? If the price will rise, why would it? You cant really use Decred to pay etc. yet.

The first RFP will go up soon - that will be for native GUIs. A Windows GUI is well underway, but UI/UX designers are likely going to have to step in and pretty it up. That's where the RFP will come in as well. Mac OS X and then Linux GUIs are on the cards too and big priorities. A stake pool is going up very soon (today or tomorrow), so any user can get involved in voting and PoS mining using a web interface. That's critically important.

In the meantime, I'll continue correspondence and get in touch with other people based on community feedback to let them know Decred developers are standing by and ready to help anyone interested in integration. There's also RPC work and developers have looked at a web dashboard so the network is visible and interpretable by anyone. And of course, everything built is open-source, so anyone can work with it and improve it.
legendary
Activity: 957
Merit: 1006
you can check it on block explorer.
i would guess when airdrop moved, then mainly for selling the coins.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007
What now? Any news? If the price will rise, why would it? You cant really use Decred to pay etc. yet.

Well in 3 days not much can happen. Bugfixes are actively ongoing on github as far as i can see. And the price is rising probably because there are not much coins  available, and there is a demand for it and those who wanted to dump the airdrop at this price dumped already

Would be interesting to know how many airdrops have been claimed to this date and how many of those coins have been already sold. I am rather certain that most of the airdrop is still hanging because 800k coins at this price would need some serious whales to buy all that up and maintain the price.
And as told, the coin just launched, cant expect much yet.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500

Well in 3 days not much can happen. Bugfixes are actively ongoing on github as far as i can see. And the price is rising probably because there are not much coins  available, and there is a demand for it and those who wanted to dump the airdrop at this price dumped already
Activity: 560
Merit: 501
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
Can someone tell me why Decred is different than any other coin with PoS?

Pos is completely different than for any other coin, there is a consensus system built in, so for future implementations pos minters will have to vote with yes or no. It is a community backed system to avoid such monopoly that is present in btc for more information i recommend reading this https://blog.companyzero.com/2015/12/iterating-bitcoin/

Doesnt ethereum have such feature aswell? or are there differences, because ethereum guys are claiming to improve governance aswell, so what are differences?
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Sure, huge premine, backed up by few whales (devs), just buy more.

shut up i want real answers not a faggot troll.
Hmm, someone needs some coffee ... Can't you read? OP says it all. New tech, respectful devs, huge financial backing.

Good coin on the pipeline This DCR , nice to see all of this after last year with so much shitcoins . 2016 is good i feel
Activity: 686

Pos is completely different than for any other coin, there is a consensus system built in, so for future implementations pos minters will have to vote with yes or no. It is a community backed system to avoid such monopoly that is present in btc for more information i recommend reading this https://blog.companyzero.com/2015/12/iterating-bitcoin/
Activity: 441
Bigboss

shut up i want real answers not a faggot troll.
Hmm, someone needs some coffee ... Can't you read? OP says it all. New tech, respectful devs, huge financial backing.

shut up i want real answers not a butthurt troll.
Activity: 441
Bigboss
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000
What would you recommend to buy? Bluetrade or Bittrex? I have no account at the moment so I’m quite flexible to open a account there.
Any news regarding a listing at Poloniex? That would be great, because of the Margin-Lending.

A good philosophy is to follow the volume as you have a bit more security.
Don't look only at volume. Better look at the company and his CEO behind the exchange-site.

And never use a exchange as a savings bank for you coins. Always use your local wallet for savings.

MtGox and Cryptsy has a lot of volume, both in trouble.

You can of course do back ground checks on various things connected to coins but even these are a lie sometimes. There have been a lot of coins in the past that have given crappy details.

I'm still waiting for certain coins that say they're actual businesses to file reports with HMRC and companies house here int he U.K. All some coins do is bullshit so you need to be very careful.

The reason I mentioned Volume is because it's easier to cut your losses if there is a larger volume on the exchange. Of course that can stop just like that too.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021
2009 Alea iacta est
What would you recommend to buy? Bluetrade or Bittrex? I have no account at the moment so I’m quite flexible to open a account there.
Any news regarding a listing at Poloniex? That would be great, because of the Margin-Lending.

Remember  remember  Mtgox---cryptsy    surrender.........
Activity: 81
Merit: 1002
It was only the wind.
good day

try to compile cgminer-0.0.5 from github, but have error when make :

cgminer.c: In function 'kill_mining':
cgminer.c:3398:23: error: invalid operands to binary != (have 'pthread_t' and 'long int')
   if (thr && PTH(thr) != 0L)
                       ^
cgminer.c:3402:11: error: invalid operands to binary && (have 'int' and 'pthread_t')
   if (pth && *pth)
           ^
cgminer.c: In function 'api_thread':
cgminer.c:5249:13: error: incompatible types when assigning to type 'pthread_t' from type 'long int'

PTH(mythr) = 0L;
             ^
make[2]: *** [cgminer-cgminer.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/mingw/user/cgminer-0.0.5_decred'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/mingw/user/cgminer-0.0.5_decred'
make: *** [all] Error 2

what is wrong ?

Was fixed in my pull, but my pull was rejected in favor of another - that one DIDN'T fix it. I wish they had at least cherry-picked that fix from mine.
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

Don't look only at volume. Better look at the company and his CEO behind the exchange-site.

And never use a exchange as a savings bank for you coins. Always use your local wallet for savings.

Thanks I agree, that is a good advice. Will download the client and wont keep the coins at the exchange.
Looking forward to it. If the interest is so huge from the very beginning it seems to be one of the coins in the next months you want to own.
Activity: 594
Blockchain entrepreneur✔

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Activity: 770

Even though i am not having anything against bleutrade i would recommend bittrex. Well estabilished exchange with considerably more overall volume
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
Jump to: