Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 43. (Read 1201283 times)

legendary
Activity: 2898
Merit: 1823
This is overdue, my DCR are rotting in an Exodus wallet, so I have begun to sync the blockchain and start staking.

Some questions,

What is a good staking pool?

How much does one ticket earn on average in a month?

Is "per ticket" the most efficient way to calculate earnings?

Activity: 505
Merit: 252
When can we vote for ProgPOW.

My Obelisks turned unprofitable  Cry
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
Decred is not based in the US, the devs are pretty decentralized, the last i checked there were 25 devs listed on the contributor page of decred website. it is a decentralized project like bitcoin which nobody can shut it down. Decred IS developing privacy feature in private so not many actually knows how it will be. But the standard of decred work is pretty high. till its ready to roll out we just gotta wait and see.

The founders are based in Texas, USA, but they welcome contributors from anywhere.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
Decred is not based in the US, the devs are pretty decentralized, the last i checked there were 25 devs listed on the contributor page of decred website. it is a decentralized project like bitcoin which nobody can shut it down. Decred IS developing privacy feature in private so not many actually knows how it will be. But the standard of decred work is pretty high. till its ready to roll out we just gotta wait and see.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
Activity: 980
Merit: 512
Dcr will get listed on binance for free. They don't need money and he said sometimes they charge 0 when the community is big enough. We don't need them whereas all the other projects do.
Activity: 588
Merit: 1
List of Decred mining pools with live stats & hashrate distribution

https://miningpoolstats.stream/decred
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Actually I advise everyone to just buy the currency itself instead of a miner as the ROI is mostly worse when buying a miner :-)

Decred has a splendid team, I have never had any doubt about them.
It's true for now.
Investing money directly into favorite coins are much better than buying rigs and  mining to get coins.
Most of coins are un-profitable for miners ATM.
I really agree with what you say that investing money directly into your favorite coins is much better,
because if that was done for me it would be very profitable
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
Actually I advise everyone to just buy the currency itself instead of a miner as the ROI is mostly worse when buying a miner :-)

It's true for now.
Investing money directly into favorite coins are much better than buying rigs and  mining to get coins.
Most of coins are un-profitable for miners ATM.

In my 5 years in crypto I have only had real success mining one coin, PIRATE,  just the last month, every other time if I worked out my ROI after a decent hourly rate for my time it was a loss. Mining is only profitable if you have cheap electricity, own the hardware already, and enjoy the time spent as a recreation activity, otherwise in 99% of cases it's better to buy.
Activity: 146
Merit: 0
I see you need 100 decred to join the pool...I just 10 short do you think price will come down so I can enter?
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
Miners will drop the price, so wait for buy coins, i personally don't like what they've done in zcash (equihash), it should have forked, but Decred is very solid at the price as well.

I've been expecting more price drops, too. It's already halved (usd/dcr) since some of the first asics hit consumers...I'd be surprised to see that happen again in the next couple months even though more asic batches get shipped.

With the unique PoW/PoS system, DCR miners have a special chance for increased revenue past what normal asics provide via staking their mined coins. I'm betting a good chunk of DCR miners who are mining at basically break-even or at loss are staking their coins instead of dumping in an effort to secure ROI.
Activity: 635
Merit: 208
Belgian based crypto-enthusiast
Despite the nasty feeling of wrong investment in miner, Decred team is at least treating people nice. I know one kind of crypto team just ban people without proper reason to ban.

This project, hybrid PoW + PoS, PoW part is screwed, at least we have PoS. Buy DCR directly, do NOT buy miners, as Pangolin will sell their ultra efficient ASIC miner at November only!

legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
Activity: 46
Your project looks very promising and interesting, specially the concepts, implementations and the professional team work etc. was very impressive. In your whitepaper have hole acknowledgement of the project and that's why the project is very helpful the users. So keep it up guys and all the best for the future.  Cheesy
Activity: 14
Luxor mining is not pay the price what the decred mining calculator say.
So better look other mining pool.
Mine for 3 days now with the Obelisk Drc and get 0.04556 for 3 DAYS HuhHuh?
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
Building Decred With Systems Development Lead Marco Peereboom - Governance, Politeia, Lightning...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHvy-2R0Asw
Activity: 146
soon will have decred I need
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
Holy shit! New Decredition update (1.3.0) brought some awesome changes to the gui. Looks beautiful, nice job devs.  Cool

Latest wallet have more professional looking layout and new implementation will make it more reliable and user friendly. No doubt the team is putting their all best efforts on this project to make this next big thing.

after upgrading from 1.1.3 I seem to be stuck at:

Discovering addresses...

...any suggestions, or I should I just let it run for a few more days ?

close and restart
Activity: 220
Merit: 101
Holy shit! New Decredition update (1.3.0) brought some awesome changes to the gui. Looks beautiful, nice job devs.  Cool

Latest wallet have more professional looking layout and new implementation will make it more reliable and user friendly. No doubt the team is putting their all best efforts on this project to make this next big thing.

after upgrading from 1.1.3 I seem to be stuck at:

Discovering addresses...

...any suggestions, or I should I just let it run for a few more days ?
Pages:
Jump to: