Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 80. (Read 1201324 times)

legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
To start I love the Decred project and think it has a great future, but something i was thinking was that technically lets say the price went up a bunch, with the current ticket voting system couldnt some whales come in buy a ton of tickets and vote for things they know are bad for decred? I know that the point of buying the ticket is that your locking in an amount so you havee skin in the game but in the future couldnt say a bank buy a ton of tickets and deciede the fate with negative intentions? And couldnt it become so much for tickets that normal people couldnt afford it

The short answer: no, such an attack is not really feasible. There's been a number of discussions/thought exercises on that topic, and basically it comes down to "no". The protocol is designed to defend against such things. You have to consider the number of tickets that can be bought in a block, the amount of DCR such an attack would cost, the amount of DCR in circulation, and of course, the difficulty adjustment algo of PoS in and of itself.

Not to mention the very unique manner in which PoW miners and PoS voters create and validate blocks.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
To start I love the Decred project and think it has a great future, but something i was thinking was that technically lets say the price went up a bunch, with the current ticket voting system couldnt some whales come in buy a ton of tickets and vote for things they know are bad for decred? I know that the point of buying the ticket is that your locking in an amount so you havee skin in the game but in the future couldnt say a bank buy a ton of tickets and deciede the fate with negative intentions? And couldnt it become so much for tickets that normal people couldnt afford it
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
the year started with another milestone the 200,000th block was mined today  Cool

https://explorer.dcrdata.org/block/200000

And a slow but nice price rally for the last few days.

I don't think we can replicate last year's early January mooning but it's sure nice to see it reach a decent price finally

I don't consider it a decent price if DASH has a higher market cap than Decred, but it is improving.
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002
the year started with another milestone the 200,000th block was mined today  Cool

And a slow but nice price rally for the last few days.

I don't think we can replicate last year's early January mooning but it's sure nice to see it reach a decent price finally
legendary
Activity: 1981
Merit: 1039

legendary
Activity: 2758
Merit: 1075
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000
https://cryptoworld.io
Is already out the 2018 roadmap?
thanks!  Wink
Activity: 896
Merit: 289
Twitter: @BTY_11073
With Lightning Network, Privacy Feature and the Atomic Swap... DCR is sure thing a hit by 2018 Smiley
Yeah, it's really wonderful. Cheesy
I live in Japan, but Decred is still undervalued around me.
People will notice Decred is an excellent coin in 2018.

I hope to be able to use DCR at stores in my country. Wink
With Lightning Network, Privacy Feature and the Atomic Swap... DCR is sure thing a hit by 2018 Smiley

This along with their superior governance model should bring good things in 2018.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002
this is our 2018 : Lightning Network, Politeia, Enhanced Privacy, Hardware Wallets, Mobile Wallet, Atomic Swap DEX, Payment integrations, ASICs, The Decred DAO.

we do not need macfee to know how it will end up  Grin

just to ask: so decred will be the first coin to implement Lightning Network? even before btc? wow, that's great!

I think even litecoin plans to implement lightning before btc
legendary
i can't say before BTC but we surely have a huge advantage thanks to the fact that LND uses btcdsuite as daemon and this implementation was created by decred devs.

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565
this is our 2018 : Lightning Network, Politeia, Enhanced Privacy, Hardware Wallets, Mobile Wallet, Atomic Swap DEX, Payment integrations, ASICs, The Decred DAO.

just to ask: so decred will be the first coin to implement Lightning Network? even before btc? wow, that's great!
I'm just looking at DEcred as a whole. How do they intend to identify themselves as they continue to grow? They are a very talented team, but are yet to really get our and market the coin. When they do, will they be promoting DEcred as a store of wealth type of coin?? Or are they intending it to be a coin for everyday use. I'm thinking with the limited supply and also the fact that most supply will be tired up in tickets at any one time, that it'll be a store of wealth coin. If this is the case then privacy features are critical or you miss the target market your intending to capture. Looking forward to potentially investing, just would like someone to explain DEcred goal or intention of how they'll market the coin.

The Decred team is focusing on developing the coin 1st, and once they feel it ready, they will do more marketing. After they incorporate lightning, I think the next major development will be privacy features. Ultimately IMO they will become the store of wealth coin. I think the chosen store of wealth coin will be the most valuable cryptoasset of all and decred has a serious shot at it.

I recently came across DeCred. Since then, I am like totally into it trying to understand the project and listened to all the interviews with Charlie & Willy Woo (woonomic). The project looks so good and the team is one of best out there.

I started to think where exactly DeCred will completely dominate in the following use cases. i am listing out the following 3 cases where it can compete. Please let us know your opinions on them and share if there is any other area where DeCred will shine.

1. Store of Wealth: Currently Bitcoin dominates this. Given the Bitcoin brand name, I think its extremely difficult to dominate this. Decred has much better protocol, but it needs lot of marketing to reach out to people.
2. Coin for everyday usage: As Decred's liquid supply is very limited, every day usage might not be a good area to compete.
3.Privacy features: Decred has not completed the privacy features and it has to compete with the popular names like Monero, Zcash. Decred has to do it innovatively in order to grab some of this market.

IMO the privacy features development is the most important of the three. Those features have helped monero and dash stay at the top of coins with high market caps for years.

Also, if they wanted to become an everyday coin but needed 10x or 100x the # of coins the stakeholders could easily decide this by voting an doing a 10 for 1 split etc. That is the beauty of decred it can change without drama.
Activity: 298
Merit: 253
I'm just looking at DEcred as a whole. How do they intend to identify themselves as they continue to grow? They are a very talented team, but are yet to really get our and market the coin. When they do, will they be promoting DEcred as a store of wealth type of coin?? Or are they intending it to be a coin for everyday use. I'm thinking with the limited supply and also the fact that most supply will be tired up in tickets at any one time, that it'll be a store of wealth coin. If this is the case then privacy features are critical or you miss the target market your intending to capture. Looking forward to potentially investing, just would like someone to explain DEcred goal or intention of how they'll market the coin.

The Decred team is focusing on developing the coin 1st, and once they feel it ready, they will do more marketing. After they incorporate lightning, I think the next major development will be privacy features. Ultimately IMO they will become the store of wealth coin. I think the chosen store of wealth coin will be the most valuable cryptoasset of all and decred has a serious shot at it.

I recently came across DeCred. Since then, I am like totally into it trying to understand the project and listened to all the interviews with Charlie & Willy Woo (woonomic). The project looks so good and the team is one of best out there.

I started to think where exactly DeCred will completely dominate in the following use cases. i am listing out the following 3 cases where it can compete. Please let us know your opinions on them and share if there is any other area where DeCred will shine.

1. Store of Wealth: Currently Bitcoin dominates this. Given the Bitcoin brand name, I think its extremely difficult to dominate this. Decred has much better protocol, but it needs lot of marketing to reach out to people.
2. Coin for everyday usage: As Decred's liquid supply is very limited, every day usage might not be a good area to compete.
3.Privacy features: Decred has not completed the privacy features and it has to compete with the popular names like Monero, Zcash. Decred has to do it innovatively in order to grab some of this market.

IMO the privacy features development is the most important of the three. Those features have helped monero and dash stay at the top of coins with high market caps for years.

Is this the official news? If true, then in 2018, Decred will have a lot of outbreaks

Pretty much, check the roadmap.
Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Is this the official news? If true, then in 2018, Decred will have a lot of outbreaks
Activity: 323
Merit: 19

Actually I'm glad we don't have him. These kind of pumps can not end on a positive note
legendary

Activity: 588
Merit: 10
What I'm expecting some time ago is now proven, the price has passed $ 100, and I'm getting more confident with the DCR project.
Pages:
Jump to: