Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 76. (Read 1201324 times)

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
Where can I see the road map for 2018? The site is available only for 2017 Huh I saw in third-party sources that in February and March will appear, is this correct information? Thanks in advance for the answer

Yes, I read they will publish it a few months into 2018. They've done everything so far with such professionalism and direction that I am not to concerned. I know how hard they are working and how mind blowing smart they are.
Activity: 77
Merit: 1
Where can I see the road map for 2018? The site is available only for 2017 Huh I saw in third-party sources that in February and March will appear, is this correct information? Thanks in advance for the answer
Activity: 453
Merit: 261
Look Morty magic internet money
Decred stays strong in stormy weather. Good project!

Agreed, we simply shrugged off the entire btc slump & slide or recent weeks. I love the upward trajectory over the last month and a half. And as I post, blockfolio just notified me that we passed the 0.01 btc mark ... WHOOOHOO Smiley

This is a winner folx. Hold on for the long ride.

Looking at tradingview I dont see it crossing the 0.01 mark bittrex or polo.

I think decred is a great project and I supported it the moment I learned about it recommended it to everyone who wanted to step into crypto. The only thing with decred is the trading volume. Its so low an average. Also with no possibilities to open new accounts on bittrex decred has little options for new audience. Holding a large position in decred is a big risk now that bitcoin and the whole market is looking weak. There is just no way to sell you coins if you want to. Fundamentals, devs, vision etc are most important but without good liquidity people with more to spend will never feel comfortable holding this coin since they cant get out if they want to. Not here to hate on DCR its one of my biggest bags but I do think this is a growing problem considering we have one of the lowest volumes of the top 200 especially top 100. This Should not be the case if you look at our ranking and fundamentals of decred and im hoping the liquidity issue is being thought of in the future.
Activity: 220
Merit: 101

Agreed, we simply shrugged off the entire btc slump & slide or recent weeks. I love the upward trajectory over the last month and a half. And as I post, blockfolio just notified me that we passed the 0.01 btc mark ... WHOOOHOO Smiley

This is a winner folx. Hold on for the long ride.
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
I think I better have a look, and dust off my old wallet!  wow....
Activity: 75
Merit: 0
Activity: 75
great idea of this project. count my support thru sharing and posting on my social media accounts. i wish this project a big success in the near future. goodluck to this project and goodluck to you dev.
Agree. Welcome aboard!
Activity: 10
great idea of this project. count my support thru sharing and posting on my social media accounts. i wish this project a big success in the near future. goodluck to this project and goodluck to you dev.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
10 % of coinbase from each block goes to DAO fund. That is where contractors get paid from.
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
Excuse my ignorance but in the proposal system do people get paid as an agreed allocation from the creation of decred's like POS and POW do? or is it just dished out by the creator's from an old wallet?
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1028
#mitandopelomundo
do you know where the devs are communicating (telegram, btt, ...)

It's easier to talk to them in   slack. If you want  tell me your email I sent you an invitation.

Many ways: Decred Community
Code:
Activity: 50
Merit: 1
Hey guys, hi there. New to DCR. Stupid question : if I don't have enough DCR to buy ticket (as I see it's 85 DCR now), there is no way I can stake it?
It seems that there is no other way, only buying a ticket. At the current Decred price, it is not possible to participate in the mining of coins for those who did not participate in the distribution of coins at an early stage.
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
POS killed the POW-star
Hi, I'm new in decred world, I have buy 2 decred on an exchange, anyone can explain me what is the PoS feature and the ticket?? Thanks!

Sure, More info: https://docs.decred.org/mining/proof-of-stake/  
With the current ticket price of about 85 Decred you will need more DCR to stake currently. There is talk about allowing those with smaller amounts to pool there holdings but not currently.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
Looks like Bitmain came out with asics for sia, do you think its possible they have or soon will have asics for Decred since the algos are similar?

very likely they surely don't lack of expertise for doing that could be the foruth competitor after oblisk, dcrasic and baikal.

It's not over until it's over....

From SIA developers regarding Bitmain Asics...

We prepared for something like this by adding an extra feature to the SC1. We can do a soft-fork that slightly changes the PoW algorithm which would invalidate the bitmain ASICs, but allow the SC1 units to continue working.

Let the games begin!

I stumbled upon this on another thread. This adds an unexpected layer of politics to the matter.

It's a bit chopped there, cuz he later goes on to explain how activating such a fork is likely not the best interest of the miners or community, since it would hurt the ppl much more than it would bitmain.

Anyway...here I am crossing my fingers they don't announce a DCR asic they will launch before my batch of Obelisks! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1049
Merit: 1001
Hey guys, hi there. New to DCR. Stupid question : if I don't have enough DCR to buy ticket (as I see it's 85 DCR now), there is no way I can stake it?

If you are not that far from the current price you can wait for the ticket price to fall or just buy more Decred. The only way to stake is from purchasing a ticket
Activity: 266
Merit: 102
Hi, I'm new in decred world, I have buy 2 decred on an exchange, anyone can explain me what is the PoS feature and the ticket?? Thanks!
Activity: 45
Activity: 291
Merit: 10
is blake 256 totally different from blake 256 then blake 256 r14 en blake 256 r8?

so , could you mine decred , blake 256 with the baikal giant b miner? using blake 256 r14?
Pages:
Jump to: