Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][DCR] Decred - Community Governance | Bitcoin Devs | Lightning Network - page 81. (Read 1201324 times)

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

I started to think where exactly DeCred will completely dominate in the following use cases. i am listing out the following 3 cases where it can compete. Please let us know your opinions on them and share if there is any other area where DeCred will shine.

1. Store of Wealth: Currently Bitcoin dominates this. Given the Bitcoin brand name, I think its extremely difficult to dominate this. Decred has much better protocol, but it needs lot of marketing to reach out to people.
2. Coin for everyday usage: As Decred's liquid supply is very limited, every day usage might not be a good area to compete.
3.Privacy features: Decred has not completed the privacy features and it has to compete with the popular names like Monero, Zcash. Decred has to do it innovatively in order to grab some of this market.

Don't forget the voting mechanism which works very well. It gives an advantage in deciding the future development of the coin among other things and can help resolve conflicts like the ones bitcoin has struggled with in the past.

I don't expect decred to dominate in any of the above fields. It doesn't need to, it just needs to be competitive in all.

Essentially Decred will be the what people want Bitcoin to be. However the powerful governance, along with the developers fund will allow upgrades to happen without drama. I was a bitcoin maximalist once, but the bitcoin community infighting is a huge negative on progress.
legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

I started to think where exactly DeCred will completely dominate in the following use cases. i am listing out the following 3 cases where it can compete. Please let us know your opinions on them and share if there is any other area where DeCred will shine.

1. Store of Wealth: Currently Bitcoin dominates this. Given the Bitcoin brand name, I think its extremely difficult to dominate this. Decred has much better protocol, but it needs lot of marketing to reach out to people.
2. Coin for everyday usage: As Decred's liquid supply is very limited, every day usage might not be a good area to compete.
3.Privacy features: Decred has not completed the privacy features and it has to compete with the popular names like Monero, Zcash. Decred has to do it innovatively in order to grab some of this market.

Don't forget the voting mechanism which works very well. It gives an advantage in deciding the future development of the coin among other things and can help resolve conflicts like the ones bitcoin has struggled with in the past.

I don't expect decred to dominate in any of the above fields. It doesn't need to, it just needs to be competitive in all.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I'm just looking at DEcred as a whole. How do they intend to identify themselves as they continue to grow? They are a very talented team, but are yet to really get our and market the coin. When they do, will they be promoting DEcred as a store of wealth type of coin?? Or are they intending it to be a coin for everyday use. I'm thinking with the limited supply and also the fact that most supply will be tired up in tickets at any one time, that it'll be a store of wealth coin. If this is the case then privacy features are critical or you miss the target market your intending to capture. Looking forward to potentially investing, just would like someone to explain DEcred goal or intention of how they'll market the coin.

The Decred team is focusing on developing the coin 1st, and once they feel it ready, they will do more marketing. After they incorporate lightning, I think the next major development will be privacy features. Ultimately IMO they will become the store of wealth coin. I think the chosen store of wealth coin will be the most valuable cryptoasset of all and decred has a serious shot at it.

I recently came across DeCred. Since then, I am like totally into it trying to understand the project and listened to all the interviews with Charlie & Willy Woo (woonomic). The project looks so good and the team is one of best out there.

Activity: 882
Merit: 252
I've been with this coin since day 1 and have never sold a single one, knowing this coin would be a big one and well, that paid off so really well so far. I like the fact that this coin gets developed under the radar, people notice it automatically in the end
Activity: 1181
Merit: 259
I'm just looking at DEcred as a whole. How do they intend to identify themselves as they continue to grow? They are a very talented team, but are yet to really get our and market the coin. When they do, will they be promoting DEcred as a store of wealth type of coin?? Or are they intending it to be a coin for everyday use. I'm thinking with the limited supply and also the fact that most supply will be tired up in tickets at any one time, that it'll be a store of wealth coin. If this is the case then privacy features are critical or you miss the target market your intending to capture. Looking forward to potentially investing, just would like someone to explain DEcred goal or intention of how they'll market the coin.

The Decred team is focusing on developing the coin 1st, and once they feel it ready, they will do more marketing. After they incorporate lightning, I think the next major development will be privacy features. Ultimately IMO they will become the store of wealth coin. I think the chosen store of wealth coin will be the most valuable cryptoasset of all and decred has a serious shot at it.
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
It does seem to be in a holding pattern for a long time compared to the market. I decided to exchange it on Exodus and Exodus won’t allow it to happen. Is the market volume so light that they can’t exchange it?

Yea I've seen exodus use decred. Although it might be cheaper in terms of conversion rates to use one of the regular exchanges. Something like bittrex would work. I believe binance also has decred exchange.
Activity: 323
Merit: 19
It does seem to be in a holding pattern for a long time compared to the market. I decided to exchange it on Exodus and Exodus won’t allow it to happen. Is the market volume so light that they can’t exchange it?

Exodus uses Shapeshift for exchanges. When Shapeshift enables DCR again you will be able to exchange it in Exodus
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Wow! Stoked to be a miner/hodler since genesis block Cheesy

I have a feeling we'll be seeing another 0 or two on that number within the next couple years  Grin

Graph does look very sexy. With more adoption price will skyrocket in future for sure. Super good for early Decred adopters!
Activity: 2
Love DCR but the ticket price is too high considering the price. Hope it will drop in the future

This is imo one the lowest prices you are gonna have (once this dip is over), I've been following this coin for a while and it's still undervalued.

I was referring to the ticket price which is around 85 DCR, not the actual DCR price which I also believe is undervalued
Activity: 19
Activity: 304
Merit: 15
0xF8D135631a3dE808D86cA1CB1a5D4ecd9c2a0921
Love DCR but the ticket price is too high considering the price. Hope it will drop in the future

This is imo one the lowest prices you are gonna have (once this dip is over), I've been following this coin for a while and it's still undervalued.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1068
i liked this project and tried staking function with 1 ticket. after 3 months i melt my invested btc, then i was dissappointed. but i know, after 4-5 month in '18 summer price will go double. i will re-invest if i reserved 10k usd again
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010
Wow! Stoked to be a miner/hodler since genesis block Cheesy

I have a feeling we'll be seeing another 0 or two on that number within the next couple years  Grin

legendary
Activity: 2165
Merit: 1002

The ROI of a ticket is measured in decred. Higher or lower decred price does not affect ROI. You spend more fiat for the ticket and earn more when it votes.

Of course, lower decred ticket price encourages staking, which increases locked amount and might affect coin price a while later.
Activity: 1085
Merit: 500
hi =D
decred is the future of encryption, I hope that in this new year it can be among the 10 best in the world, because the project is well deserved to be in this ranking
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
decredpool.org seems not to answer any more ?
Have some people news on this site ?

Decred with new features can be a good investment. Low volume and low coin supply this is what I like especially with ongoing development and fair history. I see only way for Decred which is up.
Activity: 24
170$ in next 24h Grin

I'm not too optimistic as you related to 24h, however but I expect Decred in $300 usd in short-term as well. Very well positioned.

Just invested in this coin, I think it has a great future.

The hybrid PoW - PoS is a good balance
Activity: 182
Merit: 101
Pages:
Jump to: