Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]DeleteCoin ***GET IN WHILE YOU STILL CAN **** - page 6. (Read 36263 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
Github updated.

what is a fork and what benefits will it does to the coin/the community?

I outline it in the OP. Essentially we are reducing the total coins and block reward, hopefully increasing the coin value to allow for a more effective manner of purchasing alts. Secondly, we are changing the process for the coin entirely. Only alts on an exchange can be traded for Delete, at that point we will sell back the coins on exchange to drive down the price and hopefully render the coin worthless, use that BTC generated to buy back DeleteCoins, and than remove those coins from circulation forever, thus reducing again the overall Deletes to be in circulation. Essentially it will become a self deleting coin.
Activity: 50
Merit: 0
what is a fork and what benefits will it does to the coin/the community?
I will the second I get home. I am stuck at work at the moment and don't have access, will be up within a few hours
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092
New Source - https://mega.co.nz/#!5oUnUQRY!ZpdjFmV7XQS_O5QK1HxF7dMgtriJrc5bRo7iq43o58o

Can you please put the source back on github? Smiley
Activity: 751
Merit: 500
OP updated with fork information. I know it is a drastic change but we feel it will be the most effective way to proceed. That being said, anyone mining thus far will be ahead of the game as coins currently being mined to block 6,000 will reward 10x what future blocks will. Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

New Source - https://mega.co.nz/#!5oUnUQRY!ZpdjFmV7XQS_O5QK1HxF7dMgtriJrc5bRo7iq43o58o
New Wallet - https://mega.co.nz/#!NwFnXILS!shtP7TSUFjpYlSfN0g9RKCYrV_ioi_6v34Z6dcN1-zI

Done!
OP updated with fork information. I know it is a drastic change but we feel it will be the most effective way to proceed. That being said, anyone mining thus far will be ahead of the game as coins currently being mined to block 6,000 will reward 10x what future blocks will. Please let me know if anyone has any questions.

New Wallet - https://mega.co.nz/#!NwFnXILS!shtP7TSUFjpYlSfN0g9RKCYrV_ioi_6v34Z6dcN1-zI
We are working on the hard fork as described as we speak. Ill get an update once we have it all together.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Let's just say I have too many.
I am willing to support this coin but I need the devs to cooperate and actually do something about this coin.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Waiting 24 hours and if nothing happens I am dumping by coins.
HOW much do u have?

100k probably

whales always have between 100 and 1k blocks
Activity: 44
Merit: 13
HOW much do u have?
Activity: 308

Where is the bus ?
I think the devs have other ideas
Is the coin abandoned?
Is the coin abandoned?
I for one am glad of the changes, and for a developer who is willing to listen to the community and make the changes necessary to make the coin a success. Or would you rather a developer who left things as they were, or just abandoned the coin? If so, perhaps DeleteCoin isn't for you.

I think this coin has massive potential to shake up the market, so I'll be supporting it, and following its progress with great interest.

me too
Activity: 532
I for one am glad of the changes, and for a developer who is willing to listen to the community and make the changes necessary to make the coin a success. Or would you rather a developer who left things as they were, or just abandoned the coin? If so, perhaps DeleteCoin isn't for you.

I think this coin has massive potential to shake up the market, so I'll be supporting it, and following its progress with great interest.
Activity: 490
WTH. I kind of thought that would happen. All you are doing here is lowering our total supply therefore increasing its value. Now I wont have to fork DIME. Thanks bud!  Grin
PROPOSES FORK -

We have learned some things going through this process and we unfortunately are not accomplishing the goals we had put forth. Unfortunately the amount of coins being giving out per block and the max coin is keeping the price in the zone where most do not want to exchange their coins for Delete. Some do, but we are not killing alts like we had wanted. Secondly, the overall business model was not going to ultimately achieve the end all game as DeleteCoin itself would, in the end, still be an alt with nothing new to offer.

What we are proposing is a hard fork, changing the block reward to 25 instead of 250, and also changing the max coin to 600 million, 500 million of which would remain in the premine. With this is gives more buying value to DeleteCoin and also allows us to establish our new business plan.

With the increase of cost, we are going to change which alt coins we will be acquiring. We will be buying coins on legitimate exchanges only. After coins are acquired, the will essentially be dumped onto an exchange in bulk, driving down the price and hopefully and ultimately in the end, killing the coin off. With the BTC that is generated through these sales, DeleteCoin will be purchased back off exchanges and sent to a specific public address that is inaccessible to anyone, essentially Deleting itself. As this process continues, more coins will be driving out of business, and DeleteCoin will be deleting itself through the process, driving up the price and the total max supply of coins. This is a very aggressive approach to killing alts, but we fill strategically it is the most effective way. As the price of DeleteCoin increases through this process, we will be able to take on larger alts and in the end, make crypto a much more stronger place.

We are looking at implementing the fork at block 5,500, which would roughly be 5pm est tomorrow. All feedback is needed and welcome. Thanks!  
Your fail coin is a joke...

Everyone has their opinion, but good news is I just sent out 200 DeleteCoins for DimeCoin yesterday.
Activity: 490
PROPOSES FORK -

We have learned some things going through this process and we unfortunately are not accomplishing the goals we had put forth. Unfortunately the amount of coins being giving out per block and the max coin is keeping the price in the zone where most do not want to exchange their coins for Delete. Some do, but we are not killing alts like we had wanted. Secondly, the overall business model was not going to ultimately achieve the end all game as DeleteCoin itself would, in the end, still be an alt with nothing new to offer.

What we are proposing is a hard fork, changing the block reward to 25 instead of 250, and also changing the max coin to 600 million, 500 million of which would remain in the premine. With this is gives more buying value to DeleteCoin and also allows us to establish our new business plan.

With the increase of cost, we are going to change which alt coins we will be acquiring. We will be buying coins on legitimate exchanges only. After coins are acquired, the will essentially be dumped onto an exchange in bulk, driving down the price and hopefully and ultimately in the end, killing the coin off. With the BTC that is generated through these sales, DeleteCoin will be purchased back off exchanges and sent to a specific public address that is inaccessible to anyone, essentially Deleting itself. As this process continues, more coins will be driving out of business, and DeleteCoin will be deleting itself through the process, driving up the price and the total max supply of coins. This is a very aggressive approach to killing alts, but we fill strategically it is the most effective way. As the price of DeleteCoin increases through this process, we will be able to take on larger alts and in the end, make crypto a much more stronger place.

We are looking at implementing the fork at block 5,500, which would roughly be 5pm est tomorrow. All feedback is needed and welcome. Thanks! 
Your fail coin is a joke...
PROPOSES FORK -

Pages:
Jump to: