Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 135. (Read 523478 times)

Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
people i am 3 days behind on the faucet payments, but i will try to get everyone paid tonight! i've only got 2.53 DGC left so it might be only a small amount but i'm trying! hope to add more to the DGC faucet once i reach the payout limit on digiclick.co!
Activity: 134
Merit: 100
Pool owners, is it possible to mail your users asking them to set another pool (perhaps a p2pool) as their failover?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Hack The Planet
We may have a 51% attack attempt on DGC today...this could get interesting.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/51-attack-on-all-altcoins-since-feathercoin-happening-236498

Now we are going to believe any kid that creates an account on bitcointalk with all this BS.
If you are afraid you are going to loose you money maybe you already lost it.
We all invested in this coin because we believed that is going to stand the test of time and any other attempt of destruction.
I better see now after 1 month where we are ... than after 1 year.

P.S. Bitcoin will never be accepted as a real store transaction coin because confirmation takes to much time. This is why we believed DGC is going to be good enough to take the crypto-currency to another level. No other crypto has grown in 1 month like DGC did, this definitely will say much.  Wink
Activity: 448
Merit: 250

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/51-attack-on-all-altcoins-since-feathercoin-happening-236498

while the dev may be confident in the coin being able to withstand this, as a pool op who has supported this coin since launch, donated > 650DGC from pool donations, and will undoubtedly be ddos'd into oblivion as part of any attack, I must say I'm not too thrilled with DGC right now, nor the recklessness of those comments.  Be confident, fine, but don't throw the entire pool infrastructure running to support your coin into the line of fire for no good reason.    Angry

I am heavily invested as well and have donated plenty.  Am I worried?  NO!  I believe DGC to be the next altcoin to succeed, this is the time to find out what it is made of.  The coin will be attacked regardless.  Just maybe later than sooner.  The community will rally behind DGC and its Dev.

-tb-
+1

It'll rally, and it'll survive I am sure.  But foolish actions are still foolish actions, attack or no attack.  I've still not seen any reasons, if they are legit I'm happy to hear them.  
Activity: 266
aka 7Strykes
Cart what we can do is change are ports and keep them private send them in a e-mail or something if the attack occurs

Simple port scan would reveal it. Wouldn't work.

I am heavily invested as well and have donated plenty.  Am I worried?  NO!  I believe DGC to be the next altcoin to succeed, this is the time to find out what it is made of.  The coin will be attacked regardless.  Just maybe later than sooner.  The community will rally behind DGC and its Dev.

-tb-

So true. Bitcoin has faced attacks like these too. If we handle them right when they come, we will succeed.
Activity: 308

while the dev may be confident in the coin being able to withstand this, as a pool op who has supported this coin since launch, donated > 650DGC from pool donations, and will undoubtedly be ddos'd into oblivion as part of any attack, I must say I'm not too thrilled with DGC right now, nor the recklessness of those comments.  Be confident, fine, but don't throw the entire pool infrastructure running to support your coin into the line of fire for no good reason.    Angry

-tb-
+1

+2

Bring it on
Activity: 532
Merit: 500

-tb-
+1
Cart what we can do is change are ports and keep them private send them in a e-mail or something if the attack occurs
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain

-tb-
not good guys come mine

/digitalcoind getnetworkhashps
aka 7Strykes
dgc.epools.org  ~370Mh/s
digitalcoin.scryptmining.com ~160Mh/s
digitalcoinpool.com ~270Mh/s

~700Mh/s spread out over 3 pools.  Pretty sure he wouldn't need much if he managed to take down all 3 of us first

Sure could still be fud, but the required power isn't quite what it seems. 

Oh you do bring up a good point... If he DDoS'ed the 3 pools, then he could easily jump in and attack. Shoot. Everyone needs to have a fallback pool set that isn't one of those pools.
Miners,

Add fallback DGC pools to cgminer in case your main pool gets attacked. We can avert the 51% attack if we all keep mining.

Also, someone notify me if you see the attack taking place. I can quickly open up connected pools at various locations through the world.

We need people like you if this attack were legit.

However, this appears to be a FUD campaign as I have seen none of the other alt coins reporting 51% attacks. The attackers "proof" may be fake. The PWC he has could have been purchased, or mined early. If his attack was legit, his sentence structur "on a good day I can get 200 Mh/s" implies he may have a botnet. I don't think DGC is in trouble as our network hashrate is at 725 Mh/s. His attack barely makes up for a third of that. Dont freak out.

dgc.epools.org  ~370Mh/s
digitalcoin.scryptmining.com ~160Mh/s
digitalcoinpool.com ~270Mh/s

~700Mh/s spread out over 3 pools.  Pretty sure he wouldn't need much if he managed to take down all 3 of us first

Sure could still be fud, but the required power isn't quite what it seems. 
aka 7Strykes
Miners,

Add fallback DGC pools to cgminer in case your main pool gets attacked. We can avert the 51% attack if we all keep mining.

Also, someone notify me if you see the attack taking place. I can quickly open up connected pools at various locations through the world.

We need people like you if this attack were legit.

However, this appears to be a FUD campaign as I have seen none of the other alt coins reporting 51% attacks. The attackers "proof" may be fake. The PWC he has could have been purchased, or mined early. If his attack was legit, his sentence structur "on a good day I can get 200 Mh/s" implies he may have a botnet. I don't think DGC is in trouble as our network hashrate is at 725 Mh/s. His attack barely makes up for a third of that. Dont freak out.
legendary
Activity: 1270
Merit: 1000
Miners,

I would recommend putting some of your DGC earnings into DDOS protection.  Well as long as you think the coin is worth it.

haha thanks for the advice

As for the rest, disappointed.  Perhaps baritus will pop up with some logic behind his words, I don't know.  Don't really care if an attack happens at this point or not.  So Silly.
legendary
Activity: 1270
Miners,

legendary
Activity: 1316

+1
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002
Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na
Hmm, I was considering to buy another 250k of DGC but I'll wait for the pricedrop, caused by the rumours of a 51% attack Smiley
Activity: 714

there is a good reason.  if the network is strong enough and people are committed to DGC then people will invest in it appropriately.  I would recommend putting some of your DGC earnings into DDOS protection.  Well as long as you think the coin is worth it.

Jump to: