Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 134. (Read 523478 times)

Activity: 383
Merit: 100
If you guys are worried about a 51% please make sure you guys spread it around.

To those asking about fallover for cuda and pooler, there was a scrypt that was written for YAC mining (if I remember right) that was basically a BAT that setup pools as fallbacks, I believe it is hiding somewhere on this forum or maybe the litecoin forum.

if you need a small p2pool node I have this running
http://gomineit.no-ip.biz:25397/static/
(5 DGC bonus to finders of valid blocks over the next 12 hours)

Donating you 5 DGC if you can find that BAT file for me Smiley
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Minds are like parachutes they work best when open
Hi

Just to inform you I have added DigitalCoin to my escrow services and I can now perform trades between users. Whether you are buying items, digital services or wish to swap to other cryptocurrencies you can now.

I charge a rate of 3% for standard transactions but this can be lowered for exceptionally high amounts or volume discounts.

Please visit www.KoolioEscrow.com to carry a trade out!

Please note if you wish me to add a manual orderbook if your coin has no exchange presence this can be done, but rates would be 5% or a sizeable donation from devs in return for a lower % fee for all trades.

Please PM or contact me through my site as I may miss replies on forum threads....

Thanks

Koolio
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
Ok, i recieved 5 dgc donation anonymously. faucet is back up for the next round at least.

http://dgc.u.gp

GET YOUR SUBMISSIONS IN FAST FAST FAST

EDIT: SUBMISSIONS IN THE CURRENT ROUND HAVE BEEN PAID!!! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 1722
https://youtu.be/DsAVx0u9Cw4 ... Dr. WHO < KLF
Posting to say that I'm supporting digitalcoin as best I can looking forward and congrats. to baritus (+others) on a great coin.

Since returing to crypto-currencies and this forum I've flitted between a few alt. coins and have been somewhat undecided, however digitalcoin is increasingly becoming the coin of choice for the many I think.

I've been mining digicoin on the down low for a good few weeks now and I'm currently putting more hashpower towards DGC than to LTC mining!

My DGC seed node is running at: addnode=80.229.2.127 which is a static IP address on my 2nd 'home' network / router located in the UK. I'm sorry to other alt. coin devs, but I've stopped seeding all other coins from this IP for now. Two Tor relays run from this IP address i.e. addnet1 and addnet2. Anyway, the DGC node is correctly forwarded on port 7999 and I intend to keep it up and running 24/7 365 with only the occasional restart.

How else am I supporting digitalcoin ? Well, I've added the DGC logo and link to the homepages of my web proxies. See: http://xeronet.primeoptic.net

I have five other established web proxy domains similar to this one that I've also added the DGC logo and links to. I've not been advertising these sites that much recently, but they do get a lot of traffic, serving more than a couple of TB+ a month in fact. I'm working on updates and revising blocklists etc. at the moment with lots more stuff planned. Anyway, 4096 bit SSL certs. (CAcert.org).

See: http://xeronet.primeoptic.net/about-ssl.php Enjoy!

I've got some ideas for DGC related hardware and software, products and services planned for the near future. Hopefully, I can bring those to this community within a month or so, all being well.

Everyone, please stop posting destructive junk, flaming others, bikering and just trolling these boards etc. - Lets get creative and work together on cool stuff. There is plenty of room for all crypto-currencies! Good times ahead!
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
If you guys are worried about a 51% please make sure you guys spread it around.

To those asking about fallover for cuda and pooler, there was a scrypt that was written for YAC mining (if I remember right) that was basically a BAT that setup pools as fallbacks, I believe it is hiding somewhere on this forum or maybe the litecoin forum.

if you need a small p2pool node I have this running
http://gomineit.no-ip.biz:25397/static/
(5 DGC bonus to finders of valid blocks over the next 12 hours)
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
NEW Digital Coin Mining Pool: http://dgc.pro-tech.bz.it

Easy stratum connect:
  • stratum+tcp://pro-tech.bz.it:3336
    (VARDIFF Stratum Server: available to everyone)
  • cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://pro-tech.bz.it:3336 -u username -p password -I 9
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I think that DGC should consider changing the block rate from 20sec to 30sec, as there are far too many stales and orphans being produced the way it is now.
there is it's brother ARG for that Smiley
erk
Activity: 826
I think that DGC should consider changing the block rate from 20sec to 30sec, as there are far too many stales and orphans being produced the way it is now.
legendary
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004
Pool owners, is it possible to mail your users asking them to set another pool (perhaps a p2pool) as their failover?

Wouldn't help, as if you take the pool server down, then the server can't send reconfiguration code to miners (if that's even allowed). Now, it could be reverted if the server detected 90% load and sent miners instructions ahead of time.

if individual miners set the --failover flag in cgminer it'll automatically redirect them if their main pool fails.

In my experience, you don't need the failover flag for CG/BFGMiner to failover to additional pools if it can't get work from a higher-prioritized pool.  It will just do it automatically.  That being said, I do now have the --failover-only flag set in my DGC mining config now too  Smiley

Multiple P2Pools set as backups and a last-resort of solo mining might not be a bad idea.

+1

CGMiner conf updated

pools + p2pools + solo

Cool
Activity: 134
I'm not exactly sure I understand what that failover-only flag does, but but I've had many miners failover without it over many months. 

I did see a thread not too long ago (earlier in this one, maybe?) where someone described using it to get block info from pools using that flag, but were only solo-mining.  I think by default the miners send block info to backup pools so they are up-to-date in the case of failing over, using round-robin or load-balanced mining and that flag keeps from sending block info from a slow/dead pool to other pools since it could be too old to be used? 

Yeah, apparently I've misunderstood the command... In any case, miners should have multiple pools set with the failover feature enabled.
Activity: 389
I'm not exactly sure I understand what that failover-only flag does, but but I've had many miners failover without it over many months. 

I did see a thread not too long ago (earlier in this one, maybe?) where someone described using it to get block info from pools using that flag, but were only solo-mining.  I think by default the miners send block info to backup pools so they are up-to-date in the case of failing over, using round-robin or load-balanced mining and that flag keeps from sending block info from a slow/dead pool to other pools since it could be too old to be used? 
Do you know if there is such a setting for cudaminer as well? (Yeah, I know shouldn't really mine with nvidia GPUs. But understand that it is the only GPU I posses.)

Not that I can see in the included readme:
--no-autotune
--devices   
--launch-config
--interactive
--texture-cache
--single-memory

Are the only config options I see documented.

From the CGMiner docs, this is what the failover-only flag does:

--failover-only     Don't leak work to backup pools when primary pool is lagging

I think all the pooler cpuminer flags also applies, but I haven't read all of them. Thought maybe one of you knew. I don't want our coin to get attacked Sad
Do you know if there is such a setting for cudaminer as well? (Yeah, I know shouldn't really mine with nvidia GPUs. But understand that it is the only GPU I posses.)

Not that I can see in the included readme:
--no-autotune
--devices   
--launch-config
--interactive
--texture-cache
--single-memory

Are the only config options I see documented.

From the CGMiner docs, this is what the failover-only flag does:

--failover-only     Don't leak work to backup pools when primary pool is lagging
Pool owners, is it possible to mail your users asking them to set another pool (perhaps a p2pool) as their failover?

Wouldn't help, as if you take the pool server down, then the server can't send reconfiguration code to miners (if that's even allowed). Now, it could be reverted if the server detected 90% load and sent miners instructions ahead of time.

if individual miners set the --failover flag in cgminer it'll automatically redirect them if their main pool fails.

In my experience, you don't need the failover flag for CG/BFGMiner to failover to additional pools if it can't get work from a higher-prioritized pool.  It will just do it automatically.  That being said, I do now have the --failover-only flag set in my DGC mining config now too  Smiley

Multiple P2Pools set as backups and a last-resort of solo mining might not be a bad idea.

Activity: 134

Activity: 266
aka 7Strykes

Activity: 1162
Oh you do bring up a good point... If he DDoS'ed the 3 pools, then he could easily jump in and attack. Shoot. ...

Same for Bitcoin:

BTC Guild + 50BTC have 51% of the network
BTC Guild + 50BTC + Slush have 61% of the network

Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
people i am 3 days behind on the faucet payments, but i will try to get everyone paid tonight! i've only got 2.53 DGC left so it might be only a small amount but i'm trying! hope to add more to the DGC faucet once i reach the payout limit on digiclick.co!

What's the address to your faucet btw?

http://dgc.u.gp/
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
people i am 3 days behind on the faucet payments, but i will try to get everyone paid tonight! i've only got 2.53 DGC left so it might be only a small amount but i'm trying! hope to add more to the DGC faucet once i reach the payout limit on digiclick.co!

What's the address to your faucet btw?
Jump to: