Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 156. (Read 523478 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
The copyright is the correct year.
Please join the DGC advertising platform. It's in beta so advertising hasn't gone live yet. Pay DGC to advertise, and earn DGC by viewing ads. http://digiclick.co/?ref=Matt%20Moody
Make sure to change the copyright to the correct year
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Please join the DGC advertising platform. It's in beta so advertising hasn't gone live yet. Pay DGC to advertise, and earn DGC by viewing ads. http://digiclick.co/?ref=Matt%20Moody
Yea, figured it out right before I read this. Thanks again!

Edit: Also to others trying this. If you have a encrypted wallet you must use the "walletpassphrase" command before you can import keys.

Also anyone know if a new wallet backup is needed after doing this btw?

You do need to unlock your wallet briefly before you import the key.

You do need a new backup because you added a new address.
Jay where did you go?
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
aka 7Strykes

Edit: Also to others trying this. If you have a encrypted wallet you must use the "walletpassphrase" command before you can import keys.

You do need to unlock your wallet briefly before you import the key.

You do need a new backup because you added a new address.
Activity: 383
Merit: 100

Well that didn't really work.. It either freezes or return error -4

If it froze, and didn't give an error, it should have been imported. Close the program and reopen it.

aka 7Strykes

If it froze, and didn't give an error, it should have been imported. Close the program and reopen it.

aka 7Strykes
It took me half a second to generate the address. but I am having issues importing it to the DGC wallet. Doesn't work as smooth as with the bitcoin wallet.

Yeah, short addresses are really easy and quick.

To import, Click the Help tab, then click Debug Window. click console then type importprivkey YoUrPrIvAtEkEyHeRe

I mean on freenode #digitalcoin

Theres a digitalcoin IRC? Where/How do I sign in? I haven't ever been on it.

Ahh, OK.

I always wondered how the vanity address services got past the security issue with private keys.

Good to know if I ever want a address made and do not want to divert mining power from my rigs.. Cheesy

We use split-key generation. Basically, we take the PUBLIC key from an address you own and use it to make a PRIVATE key. You then take the PRIVATE key from the address that you own and gave me the PUBLIC key to, and combine it with the PRIVATE key I give you to make a new private key. That new key will make an address that has the prefix you ordered. I really don't know much about Elliptic Curve Cryptography but thats what it's called if you wan't a deeper look. One of my customers said that bitaddress.org couldn't combine the two keys for a Digitalcoin private key, but for Bitcoin it always works. Working on that.
Yes just use Google type freenode webchat than you want to join #digitalcoin I'll be waiting lol

Joined!
Thanks for the tips on vanity addresses guys.

OK. If you decide your hardware is too slow, I can generate you a digitalcoin address with the prefix Dkarsy for 0.02 BTC or 50 DGC.

It took me half a second to generate the address. but I am having issues importing it to the DGC wallet. Doesn't work as smooth as with the bitcoin wallet.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
We have more features included than are visible right now. Testing one thing thoroughly at a time and opening it once it's confirmed working well.

I'll open up the advertising later today most likely.

Make sure to turn off adblock if you'd like to use the site.

digiclick.co

Ahh, OK.

I always wondered how the vanity address services got past the security issue with private keys.

Good to know if I ever want a address made and do not want to divert mining power from my rigs.. Cheesy

We use split-key generation. Basically, we take the PUBLIC key from an address you own and use it to make a PRIVATE key. You then take the PRIVATE key from the address that you own and gave me the PUBLIC key to, and combine it with the PRIVATE key I give you to make a new private key. That new key will make an address that has the prefix you ordered. I really don't know much about Elliptic Curve Cryptography but thats what it's called if you wan't a deeper look. One of my customers said that bitaddress.org couldn't combine the two keys for a Digitalcoin private key, but for Bitcoin it always works. Working on that.
Yes just use Google type freenode webchat than you want to join #digitalcoin I'll be waiting lol
aka 7Strykes
Ad platform now in public beta: http://digiclick.co/

Quickly tested it. Few issues.

First, the non-important one. During the registration process the registration voids are incorrectly formatted. When I went to switch voids by using the Tab key, on the second hit it skipped 4 voids and went straight to the captcha box.

The important one. I viewed the test advertisement and switched tabs in Google Chrome while it was timing. It continued and I switched back 20 seconds later it was done, and I only viewed for 2 seconds. You might want to make the ad appear in a Java applet or something so you can trace mouse movement to know the ad is actually being watched. There are certainly other ways too though.

Also, when will I be able to purchase ad views? I'd like to start advertising.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
aka 7Strykes

Ahh, OK.

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Or you can just hire  jaywaka2713 to do it for you, though that does mean trusting him with the private key to that custom address.  Smiley

Actually no, you should read my business thread. In the security section it explains why I actually cannot have your private key. There are some issues on the customer end though, as finding your public key isn't exactly easy.

Ahh, OK.

OK. If you decide your hardware is too slow, I can generate you a digitalcoin address with the prefix Dkarsy for 0.02 BTC or 50 DGC.
Was trying to talk to you on irc did u leave?

.....I was never on IRC. I've never logged into the bitcointalk IRC lol. Did you really see my name there?
aka 7Strykes

.....I was never on IRC. I've never logged into the bitcointalk IRC lol. Did you really see my name there?

Jump to: