Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 290. (Read 523390 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
imho setting up node is only installing wallet on public ip - so anyone can use --addnode xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to connect to starting nodes until complex network rises

The issue with that is new installs will all be trying to use the same nodes, overloading them and causing connection issues.

Separately, on the issue of TX and fees, it seems there's no other way to guard against vector attacks than a minimum fee. Also, no one(including me) wants to pay larger fees for larger transactions.

All you have to do to be a node is setup the client to run on a public IP.

Lastly, you'll be impressed with the client Smiley.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
imho setting up node is only installing wallet on public ip - so anyone can use --addnode xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx to connect to starting nodes until complex network rises
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
bearded, drunk, fat, naked
i have a VPS in germany and could help out, however I'm not sure what providing a node entails - never done it before.
legendary
Please contact me if you are interested in making a pool, block explorer, or any software integrating digitalcoin. There will be a bounty.

Thank you.
legendary
i got one vps in Czech Republic and one in US - if you need seeds, pm me

Thank you very much. I will surely use your help.

My server + PC + Your servers + Friend's servers brings us up to around 9. I would really like to have 30 guaranteed nodes at launch because I don't want a launch where one person gets all the blocks and everyone else is mining orphans.

Also, I updated an earlier post with a picture of my own mining computer.
Activity: 350
i got one vps in Czech Republic and one in US - if you need seeds, pm me
legendary
Can I have some volunteers to help seed at launch after tomorrow? I want to make sure there's no node connection problems like others are currently experiencing.
legendary
Tuesday or Thursday? .......

Good reminder, that should be in the previous post. Launch moved up to Tuesday since things are going better than expected.

Can't wait for this DigiCoin (DGC, calling it now). Can you give an exact time for the release? And will your thread be updated here, or will a new thread be made?

I added more details about release in the OP, and it will be announced in this thread.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Tuesday or Thursday? .......
legendary
I like what I see so far.

Any word on fees and priority ?

I've made a post on what I would like to see in an AltCoin https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/what-the-community-absolutely-needs-in-an-altcoin-from-a-multiple-faucet-owner-209786

I'm hoping some tools will emerge or some knowledgeable & respectable players will emerge to either do such a coin themselves or allow me to assist in one. I'm offering a domain and hosting for anyone that can build a coin to those loose specifications.

More to come on fees and priority today as I run more testing and make sure everything works smooth in the current setup.

Also, I posted a screenshot of the software(windows executable) on the main page.
Activity: 196
I like what I see so far.

Any word on fees and priority ?

I've made a post on what I would like to see in an AltCoin https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/what-the-community-absolutely-needs-in-an-altcoin-from-a-multiple-faucet-owner-209786

I'm hoping some tools will emerge or some knowledgeable & respectable players will emerge to either do such a coin themselves or allow me to assist in one. I'm offering a domain and hosting for anyone that can build a coin to those loose specifications.
why not digital money?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Starting at 1 would be fair, but might be too high for the network to solve blocks at the beginning.

You might be right but I would really like to see what happens when an altcoin is released with a starting difficulty of 1 or higher.. Smiley
legendary
So.. what's the added value of this coin comparing to the existing ones?  Undecided

Fast, transparent, fair, and through out.

needs higher difficulty.

That's why there is a target difficulty before blocks are rewarded at full value, to make the launch fair. Early miners still are still rewarded though.

Starting at 1 would be fair, but might be too high for the network to solve blocks at the beginning.
needs higher difficulty.
Activity: 208
So.. what's the added value of this coin comparing to the existing ones?  Undecided
Activity: 266
aka 7Strykes
Can't wait for this DigiCoin (DGC, calling it now). Can you give an exact time for the release? And will your thread be updated here, or will a new thread be made?
legendary
I updated the OP with details of the fair launch policy. The difficulty of 1 was originally meant to guarantee the fair launch, but I have since found a better way.
Activity: 588
Glad for a real coin this time been so much junk coins lately.
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
‘Try to be nice’
The confirmations are based on my testing. I tried many combinations and settled on 5.
I'm guessing more detail will be in the white paper?

baah White paper bite paper !

lolz
Jump to: