Author

Topic: [ANN][DGC] Digitalcoin | Multi-algo & Masternodes | Established 2013 - page 286. (Read 523390 times)

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
The developer of digicoin is mining WDC....so what's that tell you about confidence in digicoin?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-wdc-contracts-rent-guaranteed-rate-mining-209339

...I admit I lol'd for reaalll.

It's amusing, but that said, I wouldn't doubt the devs behind CNC, WDC, etc were all mining FeatherCoin before it crashed. They were just smart enough to release their coins under an alt account.
Activity: 167
Merit: 100
The developer of digicoin is mining WDC....so what's that tell you about confidence in digicoin?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-wdc-contracts-rent-guaranteed-rate-mining-209339

I guess he is trying to sap hashrate from WDC to lower the difficulty there?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Why does this coin even exist when it's obviously just trying to cash in on the success of WDC?

Hypocritical much? You can pretty much say the same for any Litecoin clone.
If you don't know the difference between LTC and WDC I can't help you, there are countless threads on it.

If you look at the block time and difficulty reset times on DigitalCoin you will see that it's almost identical to WDC which are nothing like LTC times.

So what, CNC had 60 second block times which was already ridiculously fast. Changing from 60 to 15 to 20 -- it doesn't really matter.

Being less a week old WDC hasn't exactly proven itself so if someone thinks they can do better I see no problem with it.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Why does this coin even exist when it's obviously just trying to cash in on the success of WDC?

If you don't know the difference between LTC and WDC I can't help you, there are countless threads on it.

If you look at the block time and difficulty reset times on DigitalCoin you will see that it's almost identical to WDC which are nothing like LTC times.

Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
where the hell can i get the client software

legendary
Activity: 1148
Baritas if you aren't even planning on mining your own coin, why should we trust you.  Are you just trying to steal our wallets with a trojan?

Ok this is Very Weird!
erk
Activity: 826

Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’
how did you mined diff 1 genesis ?
He didn't - did you read the post?
Difficulty: Starts at 0.00024414
 No one has ever released a scrypt coin at difficulty 1.  But he did use my system for ascending rewards during low difficulty.  This is why we didn't release the details of the Nibble until 2 hours prior to launch.

There will be huge amounts of orphans until difficulty 1 - there is no way around that.

So are all coins premined then?

all except for hyoshi's apparently he got none lol !  he's a straight up guy !
Activity: 224
Baritas if you aren't even planning on mining your own coin, why should we trust you.  Are you just trying to steal our wallets with a trojan?

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Activity: 756
 No one has ever released a scrypt coin at difficulty 1.  But he did use my system for ascending rewards during low difficulty.  This is why we didn't release the details of the Nibble until 2 hours prior to launch.

There will be huge amounts of orphans until difficulty 1 - there is no way around that.

Insta-mined, not pre-mined.

Pre-mined = before released to the public.

Thinking about it, it's not insta-mined either.

I would say GLDCoins or Bitbars or MinCoins are insta-mined due to their gigantically huge early adopter rewards and this is the reverse.
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
Excuse me if this has already been answered. Can you tell us what this is a fork of, so that I can make sure I know how to compile it on a CentOS server. I have had trouble in the past and don't want to be left out.

Litecoin.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Excuse me if this has already been answered. Can you tell us what this is a fork of, so that I can make sure I know how to compile it on a CentOS server. I have had trouble in the past and don't want to be left out.
Activity: 182
I'm be looking forward to this!
Activity: 756

Insta-mined, not pre-mined.

Pre-mined = before released to the public.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250

In effect, yes.  the only way to not have a coin premade would be to be fair, and have the entire community have their cgminer instances fully configured and ready to go and literally releash 1Ghash/sec+ of scrypt hashing power on the network at once

as it is now only people with 10+ MHash/sec and --scan-time=1s and fast connections will get 99% of the blocks
Activity: 588

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

Jump to: