Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ECA] Electra ⚡ | POS 3.0e | Super Rewards Bonanza - page 51. (Read 144299 times)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0
It seems to be an interesting project. It could be a good investment! I’ll have to check it out.
Activity: 25
I hope to see him go to the moon and all to be rich this year
Activity: 25
many useful infomation shared here. Thanks for all bro
Activity: 165
Merit: 11
Does Electra have superblocks or does it just stake at a normal percentage? How would some one stake such a high amount?

Well, like with most coins, the system that mines/stakes a block usually gets the block reward + eventuell transaction fees, if there are other transactions. And reward and fees are just added together as one output.. In this case, the bug used almoust all of the sent amount as Fee, so almoust nothing arrived at the Destination address. And, as usual, the fees got combined with the reward..
Activity: 182
Does Electra have superblocks or does it just stake at a normal percentage? How would some one stake such a high amount?
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
and wow someone holds 133 million eca worth 200k then loses it because of a wallet bug Shocked

I know the guy who got these 133M in person, so he told me that these 133M look like 'Mined', e.g. looks noone has lost coins from their wallets, but rather that guy just got everybody's stake reward, right?
Correct me if i'm wrong.

And yes, i don't think he will lose these coins.

To those who didn't notice how it went. At Block 76946 someone tried to transfer this 133 Mio to a new address - but only 0.5 ECA arrived, all the rest was considered FEE, and thus went to the address that staked that block, combined with the stake reward and the original input... Probably the others went a similar way, but don't now the block number.  So, in fact, someone got a much to high stake reward...

Thanks for the explanation. Yes, you're right. It was a wallet issue, but the guy who received this fee is not a cheater. He was just staking his coins, and was lucky enough to stake this block.
Yes, this amount (133M) is much greater than the usual stake reward. It was even more than he had on this address. But it's not his fault, right?
Should he return these coins? I don't know.
@Electra1 has done the right thing by compensating the loss from the premine, but it should have been done by the guys who created this wallet.
and wow someone holds 133 million eca worth 200k then loses it because of a wallet bug Shocked

I know the guy who got these 133M in person, so he told me that these 133M look like 'Mined', e.g. looks noone has lost coins from their wallets, but rather that guy just got everybody's stake reward, right?
Correct me if i'm wrong.

To those who didn't notice how it went. At Block 76946 someone tried to transfer this 133 Mio to a new address - but only 0.5 ECA arrived, all the rest was considered FEE, and thus went to the address that staked that block, combined with the stake reward and the original input... Probably the others went a similar way, but don't now the block number.  So, in fact, someone got a much to high stake reward...
Activity: 378
Merit: 102

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Wait what? 

The 133M went to a random person? I'm not sure what you're saying.

No one lost 133 million coins. They are fine and worked themself out. No need to spread misinformation.
Activity: 34

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Wait what? 

The 133M went to a random person? I'm not sure what you're saying.
Turn off your firewall completely. Connection timeout denotes that the wallet is trying to establish connections but cannot and after a time it will not continue.

I've also tried turning the firewall off completely.  It makes no difference.  Still 0 blocks synced.

Try the #help channel on discord. You need to turn off your router firewall too. Takes 24 hours to sync. Install the conf file found on discord to help syncing.
Activity: 53
hi today i sign up to quanta "COMMUNITY DRIVEN DECENTRALIZED EXCHANGE" recive 25$ in credit for trading and after vote for Electra listing in this page https://quantadex.com/vote/28/electra-eca-listing-on-quanta

link

https://quantadex.com/

if you wont this my ref but also not i write this post only for electra Wink

https://quantadex.com/?ID=270BQ08x8vJP
Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Activity: 87
Any tips on getting the Electra wallet to sync?

I've got the latest windows version (64 bit, windows 10).

I've put the new Electra.conf file in place under C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Electra

(There seems to be two Electra.conf files to download, one from the website and one from a google docs link -- they're different and I've tried them both.)

I get "connection timeout" repeatedly in the debug.log.  Over and over.  I've let it run for several hours, and it won't sync a single block.

I've reinstalled, I've rebooted.

I've unblocked it from the windows firewall.  I've even tried forwarding port 5817 on my router.  Still no luck.

What am I missing?

which wallet old qt or new desktop
Activity: 87
Very honourable to bail out those losses I must say.

you say "If you are risk-averse, use the core wallet" which I assume is the qt wallet?

But community are putting it out there telling people to transfer to the new desktop wallet as soon as possible

which is it?

and who authorised the release of the desktop wallet, its almost like nobody tested it first! which version had the bug because I used version v1.06 to get around a bug in v1.08

Activity: 261
Merit: 6
Russian bloger, https://evgen3790.ru/
ECA TO THE MOON
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
Turn off your firewall completely. Connection timeout denotes that the wallet is trying to establish connections but cannot and after a time it will not continue.

I've also tried turning the firewall off completely.  It makes no difference.  Still 0 blocks synced.

I've put the new Electra.conf file in place under C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Electra

(There seems to be two Electra.conf files to download, one from the website and one from a google docs link -- they're different and I've tried them both.)

I get "connection timeout" repeatedly in the debug.log.  Over and over.  I've let it run for several hours, and it won't sync a single block.

I've unblocked it from the windows firewall.  I've even tried forwarding port 5817 on my router.  Still no luck.

What am I missing?

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

What am I missing?
I just sent a lot of ECA from Cryptopia and only had to pay 0.01000000 ECA Fee. I received the transaction in my wallet within 15 seconds after sending from Cryptopia. I am often critical of ECA but I find this cool.

Nothing particular about ECA in this.. If you run a full synced wallets, all coins will show incoming transactions ASAP,that is within a few seconds. (There isn't a reason why it should be slower than sending e-mail). Sometimes, you have to wait till exchanges really execute the withdraw...

But the point most people miss, is that all coins only become spendable once they have sufficient confirmations on the blockchain. Usually, if you send coins to an exchange, they only show up on your balance (as deposits pending) after the first confirmation.

Furthermore, I hope that a mobile wallet will be developed, because if that's the case I will become even more enthusiastic, if mining is possible in the mobile wallet.

This seems most unlikely, staking on a mobile wallet would require that you have the entire blockchain downloaded on your device, and are almost always online - if you have unlimited data, this might technically be possible, but would certainly not the thing you should expect...
On April 20, a bug in the community-made wallet caused losses to multiple users that amounted to about 150 million ECA. This in US dollars is close to $270,000 at today’s value. The community developers have informed me that the bug has since been fixed. Note that this did not happen in the Electra core wallet which has been working flawlessly for the past year.

Though I have nothing to do with the development of the community-made wallet, in order to protect the stability of the Electra ecosystem and its ensure long-term growth, I have decided to compensate all the affected users fully from the pre-mine.

I will not do a bail-out like this again. Please be very cautious when downloading wallets other than the core wallet. I ask the community developers to be more careful when releasing wallets in the future. That being said, the community wallet is highly innovative and I sincerely hope they will continue to develop it along with the other projects they have going such as Electra Social Pay.

The compensations will be sent today. For reference, I have included a spreadsheet showing all the affected addresses.

Interesting. So do you recommend not using the community wallet? Stick with the QT wallet instead?

If you are risk-averse, use the core wallet. The community wallet is still being developed and, as its code is modified, may sometimes run into problems.

Alright. Thanks Electra01. It is very interesting that the community wallet ran into these problems. I'll wait until they get more updates and bug fixes in before completing the switch.
Pages:
Jump to: