Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ELITE] EliteCoin - Only 20k ELC! - NO PREMINE! X11 POW+POS - *BITTREX!* - page 28. (Read 80331 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I don't think it would be a good idea to mine only 3000 ~ 5000 blocks for a total of 20k ELITE. At least for us.
Remember that we wanted to do something different, and that's why we decided for 2 weeks of mining with only 1 ELITE reward per block.

The problem is that people want to mine everything and sell, in two days.
In long-term, the price of our coin might go up and it could be really valuable.

then stick with what you proposed, i like that you are looking for the long run unlike these 1 week in existence coins, you are the boss it's your coin
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I don't think it would be a good idea to mine only 3000 ~ 5000 blocks for a total of 20k ELITE. At least for us.
Remember that we wanted to do something different, and that's why we decided for 2 weeks of mining with only 1 ELITE reward per block.

The problem is that people want to mine everything and sell, in two days.
In long-term, the price of our coin might go up and it could be really valuable.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Activity: 340
Merit: 251
buy 1 elitecoin x 1 btc pm

you buy 1 eli with one btc? market cap 20k btc,

prepare your pm lol
it's fair price, i will sell

We were going to edit this official ANN and add a poll about that, but well, thanks.

Why the rush to end it so early?

We want the original plan:
20k blocks - 20k ELITE.

But a lot of people are complaining that the cost of the mining is way more than what they might earn.

My options would have been 10k blocks, 15k or 20k for the poll.

But we'll let the community decide!
Activity: 672

We were going to edit this official ANN and add a poll about that, but well, thanks.
Activity: 104
Merit: 10

Don't forget the more efficient; the p2pool: sgminer --kernel x11mod -o next.awiki.org:8193 -u yourELCaddress/0.4 -p . --queue 0 -s 1
and the source code to setup a new node: git clone git://github.com/repojohnray/p2pool-one.git

The p2pool nodes operate perfectly; Nowaday the network hashrate is huge; a little more hashrate will be better. Indeed mining requires patience.
Activity: 574
Activity: 951
Merit: 259
whats up with people trying to buy the coin for less than the cost of mining it, they think miner rents hash to give them free money?

It happens with every new coin.  People sell at a loss and don't even realize it.  Blinded by impatience.

it's gambling, everytime they think that it would be the time for a huge profit, yet they just lose money lol

This problem start when some person make new coin and think that's it...I finish my job and now I will have a money !
No no....that person, Admin, Dev is responsible for the prices on exchanges and he must push the value, he must make the best offers, spend some BTC's until coin have a good value and there will be money for all of us....no one bittrex, or any exchange will save the day...just Dev, Admin who obviously will do nothing !

And who said we won't do anything? In the first post I said we will invest our own money. It's been less than a day, so stop complaining.

About the pow blocks, if everyone really wants to stop early, I'll make a poll so everyone can decide the maximum blocks.

EliteCoin is now being traded at SwissCex!
https://www.swisscex.com/market/ELITE_BTC

Then I apologize, but I'm tired of spending a lot of money and then come the dumpers who mining for don't know what reason, many admins doesn't support his own coins.....and untill now lazycoins is totally dead....well...sorry one more time if I'm wrong !
Activity: 742
I'm dying.
I've mined 9 ELITE so far. I quit Grin

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
whats up with people trying to buy the coin for less than the cost of mining it, they think miner rents hash to give them free money?

It happens with every new coin.  People sell at a loss and don't even realize it.  Blinded by impatience.

it's gambling, everytime they think that it would be the time for a huge profit, yet they just lose money lol

This problem start when some person make new coin and think that's it...I finish my job and now I will have a money !
No no....that person, Admin, Dev is responsible for the prices on exchanges and he must push the value, he must make the best offers, spend some BTC's until coin have a good value and there will be money for all of us....no one bittrex, or any exchange will save the day...just Dev, Admin who obviously will do nothing !

And who said we won't do anything? In the first post I said we will invest our own money. It's been less than a day, so stop complaining.

About the pow blocks, if everyone really wants to stop early, I'll make a poll so everyone can decide the maximum blocks.

EliteCoin is now being traded at SwissCex!
https://www.swisscex.com/market/ELITE_BTC
Activity: 951
Merit: 259

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1014
I checked the wallet link provided on a virus checking site...
https://www.virustotal.com/uk/url/274b18e83a3b2b1db2350782fdb36e225aa3d656f350d26269233ac115c82f67/analysis/1406124257/

URL Scanner   Result
Comodo Site Inspector   Malware site

Not accusing dev of anything but is this usual or something we should be concerned about?

that result is for the link to mega.co.nz file host website not the file itself, many backdoored files do get uploaded there but nothing to do with mega, its nothing to worry about
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

you buy 1 eli with one btc? market cap 20k btc,

prepare your pm lol
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
By the way, the wallet compiled from the source using Linux (Ubuntu 14)

I tried following the instructions given in the source and failed. But I didn't clone it, I just downloaded the zip.

If you have problems I used:

sudo apt-get install build-essential libboost-all-dev libcurl4-openssl-dev libdb5.1-dev libdb5.1++-dev qt-sdk make

qmake -qt=qt4 "USE_UPNP=-"
make

At first it gave me a runtime error but it's working now (although it did think I was compiling the daemon).

You compiled the old version, there is a newer one available.

The initial error on first run is common with most wallets, it needs to create some directories and files.

clone from git
qmake-qt4
make

If you have any problems it is because you are missing dependencies.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070

Pages:
Jump to: