Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 195. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Such a shame With Polo..
I wanted to get my account verified so i could transfer larger amounts in and out, this was in April.
2Months later they responded to my ticket and said the picture was blurry (taken with 18megapixel camera).

Waited another 2weeks to be able to upload a new picture, it got verified yesterday.
I have moved almost all my funds out of Polo, never again shall i use such a sh***y exchange site as Polo.

I really hope EMC2 have better luck and dont get delisted, not for my sake but for the coin itself.

When a really stable wallet for EMC2 gets out i will transfer all my EMC2 to that wallet and keep for long holding.

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Conclusion..polo is crappy exchange? Roll Eyes Huh

I stopped using Polo long time ago....mainly I use Bittrex. Although from time to time, some shady things with many different alts can be seen there, I really never had any similiar problems with my account/coins being frozen etc.
Big up for Bittrex, keep up with the good work!  Cheesy

seriously FUCK BITTREX! re: Bittrex Bill&Julian is linked to Asian mafia... :\  +they stole my coins! * do not trust bittrex.

I'm wondering that everybody who likes to play some semi-legal games of Mahjong is considered an Asian Mafioso... Did you loose a few bucks gambling while being high? Always remember - do not ma jiang with the pros after a few shots of bei jiu...
Activity: 267
Merit: 150

I stopped using Polo long time ago....mainly I use Bittrex. Although from time to time, some shady things with many different alts can be seen there, I really never had any similiar problems with my account/coins being frozen etc.

Agree, I've been slowly reducing my exposure to polo - I suspect that they will delist EMC2 in their next cull round - I noticed that any coin that causes them more than a few minutes of work seems to be getting delisted - even if its just a hard fork. Not good customer service IMO.

~we need to be on yobit Wink lol

YoBit and BlueTrade
Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

Agree, I've been slowly reducing my exposure to polo - I suspect that they will delist EMC2 in their next cull round - I noticed that any coin that causes them more than a few minutes of work seems to be getting delisted - even if its just a hard fork. Not good customer service IMO.

~we need to be on yobit Wink lol

seriously FUCK BITTREX! re: Bittrex Bill&Julian is linked to Asian mafia... :\  +they stole my coins! * do not trust bittrex.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

Oh, Really?

How do you know that there was issue at all?
And if yes, how do you know if it was on the chain itself or maybe on their side?

If it was on the chain, they would have contacted us, which they haven't.

Maybe there was no issue at all and they just preventively freeze the coin to protect both chain and themselves, till we finish soft fork,
and to save their time doing maintenance.

im inclined to believe the latter ...

preventative maintenance is no maintenance at all ...

they have had MASSIVE issues lately - and the last thing they need is more issues with coin daemons ...

who knows - i dont ... guessing is all we can do - unless you own poloniex ...

speculation is just that - guessing Smiley ...

we just work on what needs to be done - and do it ...

#crysx

Oh, Really?

How do you know that there was issue at all?
And if yes, how do you know if it was on the chain itself or maybe on their side?

If it was on the chain, they would have contacted us, which they haven't.

Maybe there was no issue at all and they just preventively freeze the coin to protect both chain and themselves, till we finish soft fork,
and to save their time doing maintenance.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

Activity: 9

Big up for Bittrex, keep up with the good work!  Cheesy
is it still possible to mine emc? On a truly meaningful level (profitable)? I've run through this forum and it seems the majority of the issues are coming from attacks to exchanges and wallets forcing volume to drop.
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, just looking at other Scrypt based coins and wondering whether it was even still possible based on the last 10 pages of this forum!

Thanks in advance for humouring my stupidity.

EMC2 has always been profitable to mine with Scrypt asics, plus there are wormhole events with 2970 coins per block.

Even more so if you consider anyone who mined until few months back and didn't dump, got back at least 10x more Smiley

The exchange issues are a world of their own. Bittrex had an attempted attack in EMC2, minor but due diligence dictated the freeze (now unfrozen since new code) ... Polo issues, no one can explain and Polo themselves won't humour the customers to say wtf is going on.

In May Polo had frozen my account because according to my IP I was supposed to be in a country which the USA doesn't really like. It took me many weeks to have it unfrozen, after having sent them documents and photos which proved that I was in Europe. I got back my assets sometimes in June. You can imagine my losses being unable to buy/sell/change-existing-orders for so long...

There is trading, but there is also investing, and gambling. daily trading = gambling
Most of my holdings are 3 to 18 months, and this is what I consider investing.

Sometimes the best way to make money in crypto is just to hold the coin...
Activity: 1015
Merit: 289
is it still possible to mine emc? On a truly meaningful level (profitable)? I've run through this forum and it seems the majority of the issues are coming from attacks to exchanges and wallets forcing volume to drop.
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question, just looking at other Scrypt based coins and wondering whether it was even still possible based on the last 10 pages of this forum!

EMC2 has always been profitable to mine with Scrypt asics, plus there are wormhole events with 2970 coins per block.

Even more so if you consider anyone who mined until few months back and didn't dump, got back at least 10x more Smiley

The exchange issues are a world of their own. Bittrex had an attempted attack in EMC2, minor but due diligence dictated the freeze (now unfrozen since new code) ... Polo issues, no one can explain and Polo themselves won't humour the customers to say wtf is going on.

In May Polo had frozen my account because according to my IP I was supposed to be in a country which the USA doesn't really like. It took me many weeks to have it unfrozen, after having sent them documents and photos which proved that I was in Europe. I got back my assets sometimes in June. You can imagine my losses being unable to buy/sell/change-existing-orders for so long...
As all alts are green again today, it might be a good idea for Polo at least to issue a statement. I have opened another ticket including our official statement regarding possible double spends and the current chain state. Will see if there will be at least some information this time.

Do not expect to get a response anytime soon.
The other day I noticed that quite a few coins had their deposits/withdrawals suspended because the Polo team were updating wallets and fixing issues.
Naturally they will start with the highest volume coins first.

The Bitcoin Segwit update is due to have its first real test on August 1.
We can expect a lot of volatility up to and soon after August 1.
I suspect there will be a run up in the markets right up until the last week of July and then a correction as people pull their money out for Segwit.

I doubt Polo will have time to look at the EMC wallet until after that cools down.
My guess is that EMC2 will remain frozen until mid to late August.

Tristan will unfreeze it when he sees this Cool ^keep calm and emc2*
legendary
Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000
No good deed goes unpunished

Activity: 11

legendary
Activity: 1130
No good deed goes unpunished
As all alts are green again today, it might be a good idea for Polo at least to issue a statement. I have opened another ticket including our official statement regarding possible double spends and the current chain state. Will see if there will be at least some information this time.

The other day I noticed that quite a few coins had their deposits/withdrawals suspended because the Polo team were updating wallets and fixing issues.

I suspect there will be a run up in the markets right up until the last week of July and then a correction as people pull their money out for Segwit.

I doubt Polo will have time to look at the EMC wallet until after that cools down.

thanks for sharing your thoughts,
I kind of have the same feelings, but you never know

Hate to say it, sometimes being right is not a good feeling and Polo has been sending weird signals for a while. Hopefully it won't affect EMC2.

The coin play they do got a bit out of hand in the past year and that was bound to piss off a fair few people.

thanks for sharing your thoughts,
I kind of have the same feelings, but you never know

Activity: 798

Activity: 110
Merit: 10
Thank you for all explanations on what is going on with Polo.
As an early adopter of EMC2 (March-April 2014 or so) I can now see the coin slowly becoming what was supposed to be from the very beginning. Even though I am an EMC2s holder I'm temped to hope for an even bigger correction which would allow me to get back some of the too many coins (since 2014 I've been a EMC2 whale - or an EMC2 bagholder depending on the points of views) which unfortunatelly I did the mistake to sell some months ago during early pumps so as to recover the 2014 losses.
Long live EMC2 !  Smiley

~i'll try to message tristan and see what the deals what happend to honeybadger? :\ hmmm emc2 rollinggg***
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
Thank you for all explanations on what is going on with Polo.
As an early adopter of EMC2 (March-April 2014 or so) I can now see the coin slowly becoming what was supposed to be from the very beginning. Even though I am an EMC2s holder I'm temped to hope for an even bigger correction which would allow me to get back some of the too many coins (since 2014 I've been a EMC2 whale - or an EMC2 bagholder depending on the points of views) which unfortunatelly I did the mistake to sell some months ago during early pumps so as to recover the 2014 losses.
Long live EMC2 !  Smiley
Jump to: