Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 199. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 267
Merit: 150
Wallet done syncing from scratch after 4 hours 15 minutes on a laptop, so not shabby at all.

7 peers are showing Core v13 and only one Satoshi v9 connection. Very nice response there.

your dream finally came true Wink
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

and we KNOW what we have done has fixed the issues we have been encumbered with ... so now its up to the exchanges to test and reestablish full activity ...
#crysx

Well, this is the crucial point I think the community wants to be reassured about. That the unoknows of this issue are perfectly known and that there no unkonow unknows Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000
No good deed goes unpunished
Wallet done syncing from scratch after 4 hours 15 minutes on a laptop, so not shabby at all.

7 peers are showing Core v13 and only one Satoshi v9 connection. Very nice response there.
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---
Is it safe to buy EMC2 now on Bittrex given that they STILL have the wallets frozen with the double spend attack notice, even though we've been told days ago that the devs have cleared things with Bittrex and that notice would disappear soon (which it didn't)?
Or is it safer to keep coins in one owns wallet?
Even the wallet is frozen with polo also how long it will take again to start trading. Already more than 4 days the wallet is frozen in the polo exchange, after reactivating we have to see what is the price of EMC2 is going to be.

this is NOT the issue of the core team now ...

it is completely at the behest of the owners / operators of the exchanges ... bittrex have been very communicative - whereas poloniex havent had a peep from ...

so if you are asking these questions here for us to answer - the answer will be the same as it has been for many many MANY pages now ... we dont know ... simple ...

if we OWNED the exchanges - we could have an answer for you easily ... since we dont - we can do as much as you can ... it seems you all forget that WE ( the emc2 team ) are holders / owners / traders of emc2 as well as you ... we are in exactly the same boat as you - and we KNOW what we have done has fixed the issues we have been encumbered with ... so now its up to the exchanges to test and reestablish full activity ... we are no different to you - and so we ask you to do the same as we do ... wait for the exchanges ...

the exchanges also have their hands full with their own unique problems - and will attend to their situations ( situations WE can do nothing about ) in their own time ...

until then - trading STILL happens and the market on bittrex ( im unsure about poloniex ) is still open ... deposits and withdrawals are the only thing frozen on bittrex ...

so smile - and watch the developments happen - one by one ... a lot in store still ...

Wink ...

#crysx
Is it safe to buy EMC2 now on Bittrex given that they STILL have the wallets frozen with the double spend attack notice, even though we've been told days ago that the devs have cleared things with Bittrex and that notice would disappear soon (which it didn't)?
Even the wallet is frozen with polo also how long it will take again to start trading. Already more than 4 days the wallet is frozen in the polo exchange, after reactivating we have to see what is the price of EMC2 is going to be.

Well, the market is still open on Bittrex, even though wallet is frozen. Price has dropped a bit and volume is very low.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 255
legendary
Activity: 2870
Merit: 1091
--- ChainWorks Industries ---

I don't know how to feel just now ... on one hand, I did warn something like this would happen if things go slow again.
On the other, I know we have capable developers now to fix almost everything and this experience is necessary in crypto.

This is reassuring, except of course for the word "almost" Smiley

developers cant combat miners with MASSIVE hash ...

only miners with MASSIVE hash can combat miners with MASSIVE hash ...

so yup - almost everything Wink ...

#crysx
Activity: 152
Merit: 15
Name one who knows everything. Wink
Activity: 1015
Merit: 289

I don't know how to feel just now ... on one hand, I did warn something like this would happen if things go slow again.
On the other, I know we have capable developers now to fix almost everything and this experience is necessary in crypto.

This is reassuring, except of course for the word "almost" Smiley
Activity: 110
Merit: 10

Onwards .. doo eet

OMG It's SOOOO fast ... and sexy ... oh so sexy ...  Grin

Windows 10 users: If you get the blue box with "Don't Run" button, click on "more info", the tiny text below initial paragraph.

Addendum: New Install;-

Hardware: HP Envy 13-d008na Laptop (Highly Recommended 13"). SSD, Slowest 6th Gen i5 CPU Quad Core, 8GB RAM and 20MBit Wi-Fi ADSL.
Usage stats:
CPU: 7 - 10%
RAM: 759.7MB.
Network: Under 1Mbps

First 20,000 blocks took about 15 minutes to sync, since then they are speeding along around 50 a second from what I can gather. Will update total time taken for new wallet to sync up to date.

300,000 blocks in after 1 hour 15 minutes. Speed now over 100 blocks a second. - This is now 10x faster than previous version.

A little more general information about the initial block download and how it's working now:

- Wallet is connecting to 1 peer to download ONLY the headers
- after it got a few of them, it will start downloading blocks from up to 8 peers simultaneously
- the first 56000 blocks take a lot of time and computing power for verification, this is caused by the POW code which was used then
- after they are in - rocket start

EDIT:
Important notice:

Private keys for your addresses may have changed due to the new P2SH keys. It is recommended to backup them after the update using the console "dumpprivkey
"

Activity: 267
Merit: 150

Onwards .. doo eet

Windows 10 users: If you get the blue box with "Don't Run" button, click on "more info", the tiny text below initial paragraph.

Hardware: HP Envy 13-d008na Laptop (Highly Recommended 13"). SSD, Slowest 6th Gen i5 CPU Quad Core, 8GB RAM and 20MBit Wi-Fi ADSL.
Usage:

First 20,000 blocks took about 15 minutes to sync, since then they are speeding along around 50 a second from what I can gather. Will update total time taken for new wallet to sync up to date.

300,000 blocks in after 1 hour 15 minutes. Speed now over 100 blocks a second. - This is now 10x faster than previous version.

Wait to see our next version with new HTML UI and ability to purchase EMC2 directly from the wallet using Credit Cards.
This is going to be really sexy!

We just need to go through this 'Ice Age'.
legendary

Onwards .. doo eet

Usage stats:

1 million blocks synced after 3 hours 10 minutes.

All done after 4 hours 15 minutes.
legendary
This silence is not so nice. Why has it be frozen on Polo for a few days already?

We answered a lot of questions about Polo, we're waiting for an answer about the reason why they froze EMC2.

Bittrex problem is solved with the new release(in beta).

If a problem happen, the team work to solve it.

prolly cause you never paid your promoters what you owe ? lol   :\  hmmmm

That was me not paying (kinda managed to forget after so many months).

After spending:
- 1,055,755 on giveaways
- 1,350,000 developers funds
- 450,000 "special funding" aka Mr. S

Apologies. Gap would have been filled, but frozen atm.

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639
*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*
This silence is not so nice. Why has it be frozen on Polo for a few days already?

We answered a lot of questions about Polo, we're waiting for an answer about the reason why they froze EMC2.

Bittrex problem is solved with the new release(in beta).

If a problem happen, the team work to solve it.

prolly cause you never paid your promoters what you owe ? lol   :\  hmmmm
Activity: 1015
Merit: 289
Finally a really good wallet for EMC2. Now we just have to wait that Exchanges resurrect both trading and access to our coin.
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
No estimated time of resolve to this? Volume is dropping like a rock on this thing.

EMC2 is over $0.07 on Poloniex, not to shabby actually considering where is was 6 months ago. The coin has been raising in value since the beginning of April. As I said earlier, patience is a virtue...

And on Bittrex virtually the only exchange it's trading on, it's now down to 4 cents and down 30k in volume since the last time I posted. PATHETIC..... Still no word from POLONIEX. And EMC2 spokesmen acting like they're clueless.  Every investor should be up in arms over this. Whatever the problem is EMC2 should know what that is by now. I have heard nothing in regards to this issue from Einsteinium other then "we're looking into it."And ZERO form poloniex. I'm sorry but that's not good enough. And 4 days later there should be some sort of resolution or plan of action between them and Poloniex. And this should be conveyed to the coin holders. The sketchiness of this and lack of transparency, I believe is a direct correlation as to why the price and volume is dropping on Bittrex. You should be concerned if you are a coin holder!!!

If you think you can get an answer from poloniex, open a ticket and let us know what the answer is. We are not responsible for the lack of response from poloniex. When the problem on bittrex happened, the team was on constant communication with bittrex to solve the problem.
If the team doesn't have the reason why the coin was frozen, how do you expect them to solve the problem?

New wallet that result from the problem that happened on bittrex is available: https://www.emc2.foundation/wallets

I have to add that this update provides great enhancements, yet it's a "classic" update which still requires miners and merchants to update as well to utilise the full power, last but not least SegWit implementation. Security enhancements as well as features are all implemented requiring mining consensus, they include then timed transactions, even with multiple signatures. Out of the box it provides faster block downloads (currently at a new install around 2-3 hours), enhanced user interface, and many more.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
No estimated time of resolve to this? Volume is dropping like a rock on this thing.

EMC2 is over $0.07 on Poloniex, not to shabby actually considering where is was 6 months ago. The coin has been raising in value since the beginning of April. As I said earlier, patience is a virtue...

And on Bittrex virtually the only exchange it's trading on, it's now down to 4 cents and down 30k in volume since the last time I posted. PATHETIC..... Still no word from POLONIEX. And EMC2 spokesmen acting like they're clueless.  Every investor should be up in arms over this. Whatever the problem is EMC2 should know what that is by now. I have heard nothing in regards to this issue from Einsteinium other then "we're looking into it."And ZERO form poloniex. I'm sorry but that's not good enough. And 4 days later there should be some sort of resolution or plan of action between them and Poloniex. And this should be conveyed to the coin holders. The sketchiness of this and lack of transparency, I believe is a direct correlation as to why the price and volume is dropping on Bittrex. You should be concerned if you are a coin holder!!!

If you think you can get an answer from poloniex, open a ticket and let us know what the answer is. We are not responsible for the lack of response from poloniex. When the problem on bittrex happened, the team was on constant communication with bittrex to solve the problem.
If the team doesn't have the reason why the coin was frozen, how do you expect them to solve the problem?

New wallet that result from the problem that happened on bittrex is available: https://www.emc2.foundation/wallets
Activity: 11
Merit: 0

And on Bittrex virtually the only exchange it's trading on, it's now down to 4 cents and down 30k in volume since the last time I posted. PATHETIC..... Still no word from POLONIEX. And EMC2 spokesmen acting like they're clueless.  Every investor should be up in arms over this. Whatever the problem is EMC2 should know what that is by now. I have heard nothing in regards to this issue from Einsteinium other then "we're looking into it."And ZERO form poloniex. I'm sorry but that's not good enough. And 4 days later there should be some sort of resolution or plan of action between them and Poloniex. And this should be conveyed to the coin holders. The sketchiness of this and lack of transparency, I believe is a direct correlation as to why the price and volume is dropping on Bittrex. You should be concerned if you are a coin holder!!!
Jump to: