Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 204. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 267
Merit: 150
Happy Friday everyone!...

Happy Friday. Is my last in Amsterdam ... so sad Smiley

Very nice update.

eh, Amsterdam is in our neighborhood
many more Fridays in Amsterdam to come
legendary
Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000
No good deed goes unpunished
Happy Friday everyone!...

Happy Friday. Is my last in Amsterdam ... so sad Smiley

Very nice update.
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
Happy Friday everyone!

As a recap for the past week, and to keep the community up to date on our progress, we are continuing to address the Bittrex warning issue with a resolution imminent

Also, as I previously mentioned, this weekend we meet with Mike (PM-Tech) who is making the 8 hour drive into Belgrade from Austria.  We are grateful that Mike is making this effort and are looking forward to resolving our differences in a civilised and expeditious manner to the benefit of the community

In parallel, the Foundation continues to pursue its business development agenda, which is beginning to bear fruit

During our visit to Belgrade we will also be meeting with Maxeler (https://www.maxeler.com/products/), introduced to us by our host there, Dusan Milutinovic.  Dusan served for 5 years as CFO of Hemofarm, a pharmaceutical company with $250M in revenue and 2,484 employees

The meeting will serve to explore Maxeler’s computing technology solutions for a possible fit in scaling our network’s mining capacity.  Should everything go according to plan it should come as no surprise if in a year hashpower has increased a 100-fold.  Should interest prove mutual, as Maxeler has indicated interest in becoming involved in the crypto markets, I will fly in August to London, along with Alex (Varvarin), Dusan and Veljko Milutinovic, to meet with the company

Addtionally, a meeting with Pedja Andrijasevic, CTO and co-owner of Solely Local Networks Inc (http://solelylocal.com/), has been set up.  A Canadian company currently estimated at $110M, Solely is currently preparing for a public offering in September.  Pedja and I met last month and he is very interested in Einsteinium, particularly with regards to a big loyalty programme Solely is about to release

A meeting with the Belgrade Stock Exchange has also been set.  The exchange has taken an active trading position in Einsteinium and will likely become a channel for institutional funds into the coin in the mid term

Finally, a deal is currently being brokered with a payment scheduling provider to support EMC2.  The vendor’s application supports the development of arbitrarily complex payment workflows and will be transformed into an Einsteinium super-wallet, a first-of-breed product.  The proposal also includes negotiations with a company currently making retail bitcoin sales via credit cards.  Combined, the solution will represent a significant on-ramp for Einsteinium ownership in the public sector.  This will likely be the first project I recommend for our crowdfunding platform and it is so important that I’m currently exploring options to launch the software even before the platform is ready.  The software has been in development for 3 years and is almost ready

We are also meeting with people from the energy business - a group of small power plant owners. It should be obvious that access to cheap or zero-cost energy is important to us

Accompanying us will be Danielle Sremac, Vlada (Mr.Enigmatic) and a few other members from the marketing side.
Varvarin is coming here next week, and I will be very happy to see him too
Pictures will follow, next week

All the best,

Malden Trifunovic

woa this is awesome
Happy Friday everyone!

As a recap for the past week, and to keep the community up to date on our progress, we are continuing to address the Bittrex warning issue with a resolution imminent

Also, as I previously mentioned, this weekend we meet with Mike (PM-Tech) who is making the 8 hour drive into Belgrade from Austria.  We are grateful that Mike is making this effort and are looking forward to resolving our differences in a civilised and expeditious manner to the benefit of the community

In parallel, the Foundation continues to pursue its business development agenda, which is beginning to bear fruit

During our visit to Belgrade we will also be meeting with Maxeler (https://www.maxeler.com/products/), introduced to us by our host there, Dusan Milutinovic.  Dusan served for 5 years as CFO of Hemofarm, a pharmaceutical company with $250M in revenue and 2,484 employees

The meeting will serve to explore Maxeler’s computing technology solutions for a possible fit in scaling our network’s mining capacity.  Should everything go according to plan it should come as no surprise if in a year hashpower has increased a 100-fold.  Should interest prove mutual, as Maxeler has indicated interest in becoming involved in the crypto markets, I will fly in August to London, along with Alex (Varvarin), Dusan and Veljko Milutinovic, to meet with the company

Addtionally, a meeting with Pedja Andrijasevic, CTO and co-owner of Solely Local Networks Inc (http://solelylocal.com/), has been set up.  A Canadian company currently estimated at $110M, Solely is currently preparing for a public offering in September.  Pedja and I met last month and he is very interested in Einsteinium, particularly with regards to a big loyalty programme Solely is about to release

A meeting with the Belgrade Stock Exchange has also been set.  The exchange has taken an active trading position in Einsteinium and will likely become a channel for institutional funds into the coin in the mid term

Finally, a deal is currently being brokered with a payment scheduling provider to support EMC2.  The vendor’s application supports the development of arbitrarily complex payment workflows and will be transformed into an Einsteinium super-wallet, a first-of-breed product.  The proposal also includes negotiations with a company currently making retail bitcoin sales via credit cards.  Combined, the solution will represent a significant on-ramp for Einsteinium ownership in the public sector.  This will likely be the first project I recommend for our crowdfunding platform and it is so important that I’m currently exploring options to launch the software even before the platform is ready.  The software has been in development for 3 years and is almost ready

We are also meeting with people from the energy business - a group of small power plant owners. It should be obvious that access to cheap or zero-cost energy is important to us

Accompanying us will be Danielle Sremac, Vlada (Mr.Enigmatic) and a few other members from the marketing side.
Varvarin is coming here next week, and I will be very happy to see him too
Pictures will follow, next week

All the best,

Malden Trifunovic
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
As we have seen by yesterdays happenings, the blockchain is vulnerable. Could say now "told you before" but somehow I'm interested in resolving this as well...

There is no coin that can defend against an attack. Crypto boys and girls are on the next level, all we mortals can do is try to avert their wrath by playing along nicely.

So ... I have seen and discussed the problem with PM-Tech, I have seen the solutions - both hard and soft fork and neither work perfectly, which sucks ass ...... However, this has nothing to do with EMC2 and all to do with crypto coding. --- Not to go into overdrive here, the new soft fork solution has a fix which works for LTC, but does not work for coins that have difficulty changes on every block.

There is no solution in fact, only workarounds and hope that Gods of Crypto like you enough to let you live in peace. Saying that, they also like a bit of online PvP, so just keep the fight clean without personal insults and we are golden.
-- Don't take this as "there is nothing we can do" ... I say, we have figured out the bugs and backdoors in the new fix, now to figure out how we do this better than everyone else ...

I'm a little more optimistic there, at least we could buy some time. Of course there are more things which need to be taken care of, but at some point we (you, us, them, however) need to start the cleanup. Don't forget, witness is sitting in the coinbase tx, that one at least helps us on the initial transaction.

EDIT: to make it more clear: If SegWit is enforced and other blocks are rejected, any attacker needs to use it as well. It got the advantage, that the merle root can not be manipulated like now anymore which makes the point of entry much more difficult.
legendary
Activity: 1130
Merit: 1000
No good deed goes unpunished
As we have seen by yesterdays happenings, the blockchain is vulnerable. Could say now "told you before" but somehow I'm interested in resolving this as well...

There is no coin that can defend against an attack. Crypto boys and girls are on the next level, all we mortals can do is try to avert their wrath by playing along nicely.

So ... I have seen and discussed the problem with PM-Tech, I have seen the solutions - both hard and soft fork and neither work perfectly, which sucks ass ...... However, this has nothing to do with EMC2 and all to do with crypto coding. --- Not to go into overdrive here, the new soft fork solution has a fix which works for LTC, but does not work for coins that have difficulty changes on every block.

There is no solution in fact, only workarounds and hope that Gods of Crypto like you enough to let you live in peace. Saying that, they also like a bit of online PvP, so just keep the fight clean without personal insults and we are golden.
-- Don't take this as "there is nothing we can do" ... I say, we have figured out the bugs and backdoors in the new fix, now to figure out how we do this better than everyone else ...
There's a ghost of a chance a random guy could create a looped transaction, being just an outside miner. It must have been an inside job in the finest, exploit by someone who had the access to the pool backend. If anybody thinks this incident has no precedent they must be new to crypto. In most cases hacks that happen to pools are conducted by pool operators.

You might got that first one wrong, by "looped transaction" I referred to a certain amount sent to his own privkey within one transaction. That can be done by anyone.

On the other, I tend to share the "insider" hypothesis but right now that's all speculation. At the end I'm pretty convinced that none of our "known" pools are involved, that's why I'm reaching out again for consensus and action.
Activity: 148
Merit: 20
There's a ghost of a chance a random guy could create a looped transaction, being just an outside miner. It must have been an inside job in the finest, exploit by someone who had the access to the pool backend. If anybody thinks this incident has no precedent they must be new to crypto. In most cases hacks that happen to pools are conducted by pool operators.
As we have seen by yesterdays happenings, the blockchain is vulnerable. Could say now "told you before" but somehow I'm interested in resolving this as well.

For non-miners: There was some guy mining into an address published here before utilising a flaw in the nodes. Remarkably this explicit flaw I have never published, nor did I talk to others about it. At the end he was creating a new mempool entry with a looped transaction, created the corresponding block based on this modified merkle root and ran ahead of the chain so all (known) pool blocks got orphaned even minutes after the network accepted them. Wasn't that perfect at first he was able to catch 8-10 blocks, later on he was able to control the whole chain.

Research did not get any evidence, but some indications on the MO. So what I know and confirmed is that the other major pools are using customised stratum software. Now there are several sources, but anyone needs to be adapted to the EMC2 specs while still providing the possibility to add free text (flags) to the coinbase, this is configurable in the common distributions. According to this flags, the culprit is using the "officially supported" Stratum codebase. This finding got some kind of importance because this repo is old and actually he is the only one known to us using it. We can say this because on one hand he is flagging the coinbase "/stratumPool/" which is the default in ahmedbodi's configuration, on the other hand he is as well flagging "/P2SH/" which on this specific live development was removed years ago. Bottom line: this combination is only used on the original Einsteinium repository, a fork in between and the current one.

Conclusion is, this guy or anyone copying his MO is not only able to claim all mined blocks but also control the chain (e.g. change consensus) since in this situation it is centralised. And it can be done at any time.

While not being childish enough to get myself a fake account just to read the slack, it's been reported that I'm being propagated responsible for all those happenings. Well that isn't the case, my blocks (the few which are created right now, got all power out) are signed differently not only in the coinbase flags, but in other places as well.

Nevertheless, if miners (and I'm trying to approach Suprnova here again) finally come to the conclusion that action is necessary, the offer is still there. Taking back the chain to the community might require a little bit more progressive measures as it went that far, my email is public.
legendary
Activity: 2424
Merit: 1148
Don't worry, on my mental ignore list already.

I'm looking into the blockchain explorer http://emc3.cryptocloudhosting.org now, balances for several pub keys are odd. At least I think it needs to run it's node behind once with a -rescan flag, if still not equal probably the local DB is messed and a new download of the chain might be necessary.

Edit:

Example here (have a fresh download locally with the privkey inside wallet.dat from the beginning)

http://emc3.cryptocloudhosting.org/address/EJnT383rYV6UHckWqdfv9ckcFtYLv3z2Az

where there everything is fine and matching my local balance:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/emc2/address.dws?EJnT383rYV6UHckWqdfv9ckcFtYLv3z2Az.htm

That was one of the things on my to do list for today, just a quick check over the client on the server.

Block explorer will be offline for a short while, I will pip back when it's back up.
Don't worry, on my mental ignore list already.

I'm looking into the blockchain explorer http://emc3.cryptocloudhosting.org now, balances for several pub keys are odd. At least I think it needs to run it's node behind once with a -rescan flag, if still not equal probably the local DB is messed and a new download of the chain might be necessary.

Edit:

Example here (have a fresh download locally with the privkey inside wallet.dat from the beginning)

http://emc3.cryptocloudhosting.org/address/EJnT383rYV6UHckWqdfv9ckcFtYLv3z2Az

where there everything is fine and matching my local balance:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/emc2/address.dws?EJnT383rYV6UHckWqdfv9ckcFtYLv3z2Az.htm

Will see what can be done, in order to utilise all the potential, some very important basic steps shall be completed. Here a few recommendations:

djnocide:

Kindly get the paperwork done and make sure everything is transparent and available through authority portals. I understand it might be a little problem getting this kind of foundation registered properly especially due to the "enforced donation" - a solution must be found

bluelab:

You guys need to get yourself organised in a trustworthy manner. Decide for yourself where you are operating from and build the company structure accordingly. I can not tell here how PM-Tech is verifying business partners, but if you start by going through the points in this link and can pass them, you are on track:

http://www.techgyd.com/how-to-check-if-a-company-is-legitimate-registered-and-genuine/3899/

I googled your "big" firm named PM-Tech, HashUnlimited and this is what I got:

http://www.firmenabc.at/pm-tech-e-u_FJTW

Is that your firm? Is your name Polzer Michael, as it states there?

It is a firm with 1 employee which is you (translate the page to English if you don't understand german), and it is located in the middle of nowhere village and your house is on a side road, not even on one main road you have there in your village (check the map on the same page).

I assume that in 7 years that your firm exists (the firm was founded in 2010), you grew your firm up to that 1 employee by following the rules from the link you sent?

So you think you have the right to demand anything from the people who made the coin in the first place and maintain it and made it so successful?

ARE YOU THAT CRAZY THAT YOU THINK IT WILL ACTUALLY WORK ?!

As a member of the community and Einsteinium shareholder I say kick him out from the project.

WHO IS WITH ME !?

Enough is enough, after all your threats you are this project enemy number 1 !!

Well thanks for the hint, some of the pages are not really up to dat but I can enlighten you. Actually I am targeting www.pm-tech.at to be upfront in google searches, it is in German as well because this is what we target.

- The company is in existence for 15 years now, since 2010 it is registered internationally.
- That time it was consultant only, meanwhile it got updated with a trading license as well
- Crypto is just a side branch established earlier this year, our main projects are in Automation
- Yes, we are sticking with 1 employee. International project business requires to be handled with subcontractors, freelancers or as Joint ventures as we are doing in the Emirates for example.
- The "nowhere village" is a place here in Austria which is referred as "paradise of carinthia"
- The "side road" is the area where entrepreneurs, businessmen and other creative people are living and having their studios. As it happens that I'm owning some real estate here and the infrastructure is perfect for what we need, logically I place my office right here.

And, as we can see, drawing attention. As per the old wisdom good news is no news, bad news is good news and no news is bad news, somehow satisfying.

There is just one thing which doesn't round up... How would you manage to kick somebody from a community driven project? Especially if he isn't really "in"? I think in the Bitcoin world some guys would love to hear those ideas if they can avoid the upcoming hard fork....

First of all @ALPHI, the answer is YES, I just made my account so I can speak in the name of my clients and me, because we invested a substantial amount of money into this project, and everything was going well until the threats from HashUnlimited (is that some parallel with Bitcoin Unlimited) ?

@HashUnlimited:
I know too much people that have a firm and they are the only employee, and that is only because they need to pay taxes so they can get pension at the end of their career.

And also you are providing a service, you are not making any product besides that, so you don't have to have a domestic and international firm, because both can be done from one firm.

Anyway, as I said before me and my clients have invested a lot in Einsteinium and we want to know what is happening here.

It was all going well right until you HashUnlimited showed up and now my coins are frozen on Bittrex, and there is some rumor that there will be a hard fork?
I have not such extensive knowledge about coins, but me and my clients had to hire a dozen of bitcoin & altcoin experts to explain to us what is going on, and they all say:

THERE IS NO WAY HARD FORK WILL HAPPENED. YOU CAN ONLY MAKE SOME DOUBLE SPENDS ON THE BLOCKCHAIN WHICH WILL BE REVERTED AFTERWARDS.

And they also think that your renegade experimental software made the double spend on the Bittrex and that is why our coins are frozen.

But the most important thing here is that you are asking from the guys that made this coin such a success to answer to you (I am not sure why they are agreeing to that).

Anyway we invested so much and we say YOU SHOULD ANSWER TO US THEN,

so I want to know what are your expertize and what is making you so good that you think you can take over the project, and we need HARD PROOF for that (not a threat of a HARD FORK).

Well, lunch break, but one by one.

- HARD FORK of BTC:

As if you are reading properly, in my last post (and some others as well) I was referring to the (likely) upcoming hard fork of bitcoin. Why I think it is likely? I am simply interpreting the signs, I think about knowing more than most of us here how they are rollin' based on my experience of PM-Tech solely operating in China 2004 to early 2010. They simply won't let go technology, that's reflected on LTC prices right now, BUT they have some demand what the rest of the world doesn't really understand, and if so, we do not support. If I'm interpreting the signs right, they are going to pull that thing off, shame on us because its a drawback in globalisation.

- EMC2:

Honestly we were thinking to fork this one off as well. In fact, to get it on track as it was built by the initiators (the guys behind the project changed as this is common knowledge as well), it would have been necessary, if picking up again, to run a very progressive roadmap (which was in place by February, but in terms of crypto aeons behind). I have been pushing it, sometimes got provoked, sometimes constructive discussions, nevertheless it is far from where it should be where we can put a few soft forks in place to get it running.

For a little more understanding: Those coins are kept alive and are growing by a healthy balance of developers, miners and investors. When EMC2 was revived this year, we had some serious doubts but still we have seen the potential, if everything is done right, it could serve as promoted. Things have changed, opinions have split on the way, what was to fast for the others was too slow for us. Then came the time where we thought to pull the community with us, kind of show-off, get stuff done and stay divided. During this process something very interesting happened - next to some irrational mathematical assumptions (will come to that later) we have found some serious issues inside the initial code which I personally have shared with the responsibles BEFORE the TREX issue arose and AFTER I was explaining the reasons again. Even I think I don't need to defend myself since innocence should be common sense until proven unless, I can prove that the SAME blocks have been mined by the SAME miner since October 2016 where I didn't even know that this project existed nor have been involved in any way.

So for the current EMC2 hard fork talks:

We are pretty m much convinced that EMC2 is running into an unbalanced situation. Next halving is coming up, afterwards it is going to become useless for the miner community. The backbone will break away, wormholes are predictable and there for only being used to make some quick coins. After the next epoch that's over as well, after the last halving there aren't any wormholes anymore.

So our (PM-Tech) current strategy is clearly to let go but being prepared for this imbalance to strike. We have prepared mathematical models of an optimised consensus afterwards, those will require a hard fork, but as we think in a smarter way, mathematically predictable AND most importantly we are going to have a solution there in our pockets which not only guarantees survival of the idea, but as well being able to shift all existing assets to a new chain by preserving value. Of course it's kind of gamble, but if our prophecy becomes true, we are going to change from your enemy Nr. 1 to your best friend ever.

So that's why I'm also in search of GO developers, because we want to be ALL ready.

EDIT: I owe you the irrational assumptions mentioned above. Block values as per consensus do not follow any mathematical function, even halving heights in the final code (as mentioned before) haven't been executed at least as published. With this "mess" in place it is less predictive in coin amount and there for mathematically squaring the risks.

Don't BS the BS-er.
I am talking exactly like you are right now, when I want to close a deal and I think my client is a cow ready to be slaughtered (after all I have almost 20 years of BS experience, a little more than you do).

If you assume that most of the people would be amazed by your knowledge of Bitcoin and alt coins in general, then you are probably right.
But then again there are people and organizations just like ours which still don't understand anything you are rumbling about, but we have experts in our corner who can explain anything you say, and they said that you were reading titles and memorizing the key fancy words, but you didn't get the essence of it.

So in conclusion, we are still not convinced (sorry), you are still the enemy number 1 of the project in our books.

We think that the original team has far more credibility than you do (after all they made the coin what it is today, and it is impressive what they have done in this short revival period).

You on the other hand are talking nonsense, and you just want to take a piece of the cake which someone else baked.

So you are practically trying to steal the money from the community.

Stealing from the community is also stealing directly from us investors, and we are prepared to defend our investment in anyway possible.

@sinansakic , please lets not go further.

I am glad that  HushUnlimited accepted my call to meet in person this weekend.
I am looking to get to the same page, and to take this coin to the next level.
I am solution oriented not problem oriented and always looking to do business with people.

'do not kill the whale, ride the whale'

Malden
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Will see what can be done, in order to utilise all the potential, some very important basic steps shall be completed. Here a few recommendations:

djnocide:

Kindly get the paperwork done and make sure everything is transparent and available through authority portals. I understand it might be a little problem getting this kind of foundation registered properly especially due to the "enforced donation" - a solution must be found

bluelab:

You guys need to get yourself organised in a trustworthy manner. Decide for yourself where you are operating from and build the company structure accordingly. I can not tell here how PM-Tech is verifying business partners, but if you start by going through the points in this link and can pass them, you are on track:

http://www.techgyd.com/how-to-check-if-a-company-is-legitimate-registered-and-genuine/3899/

I googled your "big" firm named PM-Tech, HashUnlimited and this is what I got:

http://www.firmenabc.at/pm-tech-e-u_FJTW

Is that your firm? Is your name Polzer Michael, as it states there?

It is a firm with 1 employee which is you (translate the page to English if you don't understand german), and it is located in the middle of nowhere village and your house is on a side road, not even on one main road you have there in your village (check the map on the same page).

I assume that in 7 years that your firm exists (the firm was founded in 2010), you grew your firm up to that 1 employee by following the rules from the link you sent?

So you think you have the right to demand anything from the people who made the coin in the first place and maintain it and made it so successful?

ARE YOU THAT CRAZY THAT YOU THINK IT WILL ACTUALLY WORK ?!

As a member of the community and Einsteinium shareholder I say kick him out from the project.

WHO IS WITH ME !?

Enough is enough, after all your threats you are this project enemy number 1 !!

Well thanks for the hint, some of the pages are not really up to dat but I can enlighten you. Actually I am targeting www.pm-tech.at to be upfront in google searches, it is in German as well because this is what we target.

- The company is in existence for 15 years now, since 2010 it is registered internationally.
- That time it was consultant only, meanwhile it got updated with a trading license as well
- Crypto is just a side branch established earlier this year, our main projects are in Automation
- Yes, we are sticking with 1 employee. International project business requires to be handled with subcontractors, freelancers or as Joint ventures as we are doing in the Emirates for example.
- The "nowhere village" is a place here in Austria which is referred as "paradise of carinthia"
- The "side road" is the area where entrepreneurs, businessmen and other creative people are living and having their studios. As it happens that I'm owning some real estate here and the infrastructure is perfect for what we need, logically I place my office right here.

And, as we can see, drawing attention. As per the old wisdom good news is no news, bad news is good news and no news is bad news, somehow satisfying.

There is just one thing which doesn't round up... How would you manage to kick somebody from a community driven project? Especially if he isn't really "in"? I think in the Bitcoin world some guys would love to hear those ideas if they can avoid the upcoming hard fork....

First of all @ALPHI, the answer is YES, I just made my account so I can speak in the name of my clients and me, because we invested a substantial amount of money into this project, and everything was going well until the threats from HashUnlimited (is that some parallel with Bitcoin Unlimited) ?

@HashUnlimited:
I know too much people that have a firm and they are the only employee, and that is only because they need to pay taxes so they can get pension at the end of their career.

And also you are providing a service, you are not making any product besides that, so you don't have to have a domestic and international firm, because both can be done from one firm.

Anyway, as I said before me and my clients have invested a lot in Einsteinium and we want to know what is happening here.

It was all going well right until you HashUnlimited showed up and now my coins are frozen on Bittrex, and there is some rumor that there will be a hard fork?
I have not such extensive knowledge about coins, but me and my clients had to hire a dozen of bitcoin & altcoin experts to explain to us what is going on, and they all say:

THERE IS NO WAY HARD FORK WILL HAPPENED. YOU CAN ONLY MAKE SOME DOUBLE SPENDS ON THE BLOCKCHAIN WHICH WILL BE REVERTED AFTERWARDS.

And they also think that your renegade experimental software made the double spend on the Bittrex and that is why our coins are frozen.

But the most important thing here is that you are asking from the guys that made this coin such a success to answer to you (I am not sure why they are agreeing to that).

Anyway we invested so much and we say YOU SHOULD ANSWER TO US THEN,

so I want to know what are your expertize and what is making you so good that you think you can take over the project, and we need HARD PROOF for that (not a threat of a HARD FORK).

Well, lunch break, but one by one.

- HARD FORK of BTC:

As if you are reading properly, in my last post (and some others as well) I was referring to the (likely) upcoming hard fork of bitcoin. Why I think it is likely? I am simply interpreting the signs, I think about knowing more than most of us here how they are rollin' based on my experience of PM-Tech solely operating in China 2004 to early 2010. They simply won't let go technology, that's reflected on LTC prices right now, BUT they have some demand what the rest of the world doesn't really understand, and if so, we do not support. If I'm interpreting the signs right, they are going to pull that thing off, shame on us because its a drawback in globalisation.

- EMC2:

Honestly we were thinking to fork this one off as well. In fact, to get it on track as it was built by the initiators (the guys behind the project changed as this is common knowledge as well), it would have been necessary, if picking up again, to run a very progressive roadmap (which was in place by February, but in terms of crypto aeons behind). I have been pushing it, sometimes got provoked, sometimes constructive discussions, nevertheless it is far from where it should be where we can put a few soft forks in place to get it running.

For a little more understanding: Those coins are kept alive and are growing by a healthy balance of developers, miners and investors. When EMC2 was revived this year, we had some serious doubts but still we have seen the potential, if everything is done right, it could serve as promoted. Things have changed, opinions have split on the way, what was to fast for the others was too slow for us. Then came the time where we thought to pull the community with us, kind of show-off, get stuff done and stay divided. During this process something very interesting happened - next to some irrational mathematical assumptions (will come to that later) we have found some serious issues inside the initial code which I personally have shared with the responsibles BEFORE the TREX issue arose and AFTER I was explaining the reasons again. Even I think I don't need to defend myself since innocence should be common sense until proven unless, I can prove that the SAME blocks have been mined by the SAME miner since October 2016 where I didn't even know that this project existed nor have been involved in any way.

So for the current EMC2 hard fork talks:

We are pretty m much convinced that EMC2 is running into an unbalanced situation. Next halving is coming up, afterwards it is going to become useless for the miner community. The backbone will break away, wormholes are predictable and there for only being used to make some quick coins. After the next epoch that's over as well, after the last halving there aren't any wormholes anymore.

So our (PM-Tech) current strategy is clearly to let go but being prepared for this imbalance to strike. We have prepared mathematical models of an optimised consensus afterwards, those will require a hard fork, but as we think in a smarter way, mathematically predictable AND most importantly we are going to have a solution there in our pockets which not only guarantees survival of the idea, but as well being able to shift all existing assets to a new chain by preserving value. Of course it's kind of gamble, but if our prophecy becomes true, we are going to change from your enemy Nr. 1 to your best friend ever.

So that's why I'm also in search of GO developers, because we want to be ALL ready.

EDIT: I owe you the irrational assumptions mentioned above. Block values as per consensus do not follow any mathematical function, even halving heights in the final code (as mentioned before) haven't been executed at least as published. With this "mess" in place it is less predictive in coin amount and there for mathematically squaring the risks.

Don't BS the BS-er.
I am talking exactly like you are right now, when I want to close a deal and I think my client is a cow ready to be slaughtered (after all I have almost 20 years of BS experience, a little more than you do).

If you assume that most of the people would be amazed by your knowledge of Bitcoin and alt coins in general, then you are probably right.
But then again there are people and organizations just like ours which still don't understand anything you are rumbling about, but we have experts in our corner who can explain anything you say, and they said that you were reading titles and memorizing the key fancy words, but you didn't get the essence of it.

So in conclusion, we are still not convinced (sorry), you are still the enemy number 1 of the project in our books.

We think that the original team has far more credibility than you do (after all they made the coin what it is today, and it is impressive what they have done in this short revival period).

You on the other hand are talking nonsense, and you just want to take a piece of the cake which someone else baked.

So you are practically trying to steal the money from the community.

Stealing from the community is also stealing directly from us investors, and we are prepared to defend our investment in anyway possible.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Current status with Bittrex regarding double spend attack?

bittrex = cryptsy 2.0  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Not likely. What would prompt you to post that? 

when YOUR account gets hacked/frozen and they ask YOU for your personal info...you have been warned :\
Basically what is happening, is that version is set to 2 but commented out at the main part. So what is happening is described there, just with this "forgotten" # it is enabled:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0030.mediawiki

Thanks for the info, reading now.

So how would you roll back these transactions ?

Seems whoever is doing this is outputting the duplicated 20k transaction into two 10k transactions, with new addresses every time.

There is no way to roll back, that's what crypto is about. You can stop it of future happenings BUT once one of those transactions is in the chain, THEORETICALLY (practically difficult) one could use an exploit created by this.

Yep, I probably didn't write that in the correct way, of course I don't mean pulling off an ETH and rolling back but I seen addresses blacklisted before with fraudulent funds so we could do the same with this, I know the amounts aren't huge but just thinking.

Technically that would require consensus as well, fix the known issues first, logically thinking.
legendary
Basically what is happening, is that version is set to 2 but commented out at the main part. So what is happening is described there, just with this "forgotten" # it is enabled:

Seems whoever is doing this is outputting the duplicated 20k transaction into two 10k transactions, with new addresses every time.

There is no way to roll back, that's what crypto is about. You can stop it of future happenings BUT once one of those transactions is in the chain, THEORETICALLY (practically difficult) one could use an exploit created by this.

Yep, I probably didn't write that in the correct way, of course I don't mean pulling off an ETH and rolling back but I seen addresses blacklisted before with fraudulent funds so we could do the same with this, I know the amounts aren't huge but just thinking.

legendary

Jump to: