Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 200. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 152
Merit: 15
Quite surprising/concerning that they have not announced what is happening.

Quote from: djnocide

The same answer was given on slack, reddit and facebook. The dev team is waiting for an answer from Poloniex to know what the problem is so they can solve it. The team can't give a clear answer if they don't know what the problem is. Open a ticket on poloniex and ask them to contact the dev team.
The team openly speak about the future projects and what's being done. I don't know what more they can do. Bittrex problem was solve last week(had to test it to make sure it worked). The new wallet should be announced soon and you can see the github was updated: https://github.com/emc2foundation

[...]
The team contacted them with the updated code. This notice should be removed soon.

Quote from: djnocide
We answered a lot of questions about Polo, we're waiting for an answer about the reason why they froze EMC2.

Bittrex problem is solved with the new release(in beta).

If a problem happen, the team work to solve it.

Just read topic carefully . Wink
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
No estimated time of resolve to this? Volume is dropping like a rock on this thing.

EMC2 is over $0.07 on Poloniex, not to shabby actually considering where is was 6 months ago. The coin has been raising in value since the beginning of April. As I said earlier, patience is a virtue...

Market for emc2 on ploniex is frozen my friend

Indeed not too good for emc2 or for Poloniex have this much uncertainty. Quite surprising/concerning that they have not announced what is happening.
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
No estimated time of resolve to this? Volume is dropping like a rock on this thing.

EMC2 is over $0.07 on Poloniex, not to shabby actually considering where is was 6 months ago. The coin has been raising in value since the beginning of April. As I said earlier, patience is a virtue...

Market for emc2 on ploniex is frozen my friend
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Activity: 401
Merit: 104
I hope I can move to the next high point. I have a large amount of money here, and I don't see any growth every day

I guess nobody can charge EMC2 of not having performed well in the past few months. From 100 sats to over 3000.  Grin
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
If the coin survives this attack (if there is an attack, as Bittrex has claimed), I think the foundation should seriously think for the future about securing enough hash power for the coin to be safe from 51% attacks. Ie to raise the necessary funds to pay for the hardware needed.

Hardware is ordered, just it is delivered in September, nothing available earlier. Need to monitor in the meanwhile and step in with rent power if needed.
Activity: 178
Merit: 100
I hope I can move to the next high point. I have a large amount of money here, and I don't see any growth every day
Activity: 1015
Merit: 289
If the coin survives this attack (if there is an attack, as Bittrex has claimed), I think the foundation should seriously think for the future about securing enough hash power for the coin to be safe from 51% attacks. Ie to raise the necessary funds to pay for the hardware needed.

On Bittex the wallet is now blocked and they are speaking of a double spend attack and they are trying to sort it out with the devs.

The team contacted them with the updated code. This notice should be removed soon.

That's very good. Given the circumstances that message sounds quite allarming.
It does sounds, but you'll notice that at any given time there's (at least) couple similar notices (either dsa, or wallet issues...). Rarely it's something really urgent. Than again, crypto trading platforms have to protect their customers, hence disabled depo/with. But in a first place, they have to protect themselves, which is understandable. Look, if every "attack" would be "real", there wouldn't exist more than half a dozen cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307

On Bittex the wallet is now blocked and they are speaking of a double spend attack and they are trying to sort it out with the devs.

That's very good. Given the circumstances that message sounds quite allarming.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
So if this keeps up I smell a class action law suit against Poloniex and EMC2.

Seriously? Whatever your smoking, I want some! Patience is a virtue, learn it.

This has nothing to do with patience. This has everything to do with being shady. Neither Poloniex nor EMC2 has shown any bit of transparency during this fiasco. I've heard no official response from either. Instead, we have an exchange holding our money hostage without a peep out of them as to why. And EMC2 wont respond to emails to give their side of this either. So as  an investor you have do all kinds of leg work to find out what the hell is going on. It would be nice if one of  them would address their investors/customers and explain what the problem is. I guess we're all just supposed to trust them. As if the crypto market isn't shady at all and coins aren't delisted all the time for shady activity and people losing their money because of it.  This screams shady and it's poor business. And one more reason why all cyrpto's and exchanges will be regulated very soon, to protect investors. 

Imagine if E-trade suddenly froze trading of Google and wouldn't allow people to withdraw their money and gave zero explanation for it. In fact if this happened to Bitcoin it would be all over the news but since no one knows  EMC2 exists no one cares.  And I guarantee investors would lose faith in both and both prices would plummet.

The same answer was given on slack, reddit and facebook. The dev team is waiting for an answer from Poloniex to know what the problem is so they can solve it. The team can't give a clear answer if they don't know what the problem is. Open a ticket on poloniex and ask them to contact the dev team.
The team openly speak about the future projects and what's being done. I don't know what more they can do. Bittrex problem was solve last week(had to test it to make sure it worked). The new wallet should be announced soon and you can see the github was updated: https://github.com/emc2foundation

I've got some coin frozen on Polo too and was hoping to find some answers here.

I've been messing around with mining after a 4 year break and did a bit of EMC2 on pool.emc.foundation recently.  One question I have is are the wormhole events truly random or is timing know by some in advance?

Last week, about an hour before the event, I noticed the main guy there ramp up his KH/s to 23-25x his normal level.  It was an amazing increase to witness, I believe it was close to 31,000,000 Kh/s.  At one point it appeared to me that his hashing was 90% of the total network because we were hitting blocks almost every minute.  Then, about 45 minutes later the wormhole event started and the pool scored the first few wormhole blocks.  Then as word got out and total network hash significantly increased, we dropped back to normal block rate.

Seemed to me that it was a lucky coincidence to significantly ramp up and dominate hash 45-60 minutes before the event, unless the time was already known.  And I believe he had just met with the development group the week before, as evident by the group pictures a few threads back.  Or maybe it's a different person.  Anyways, maybe I'm wrong on this account and I apologize if so, but the coincidence shook my faith in 'transparency' of this coin and now the freeze at Polo - it just reinforces that the small guys usually get the short end of the stick.

Other members can explain it better but it's not completely random. People can determine the start of the next wormhole.

Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
Activity: 11

This has nothing to do with patience. This has everything to do with being shady. Neither Poloniex nor EMC2 has shown any bit of transparency during this fiasco. I've heard no official response from either. Instead, we have an exchange holding our money hostage without a peep out of them as to why. And EMC2 wont respond to emails to give their side of this either. So as  an investor you have do all kinds of leg work to find out what the hell is going on. It would be nice if one of  them would address their investors/customers and explain what the problem is. I guess we're all just supposed to trust them. As if the crypto market isn't shady at all and coins aren't delisted all the time for shady activity and people losing their money because of it.  This screams shady and it's poor business. And one more reason why all cyrpto's and exchanges will be regulated very soon, to protect investors.  

Imagine if E-trade suddenly froze trading of Google and wouldn't allow people to withdraw their money and gave zero explanation for it. In fact if this happened to Bitcoin it would be all over the news but since no one knows  EMC2 exists no one cares.  And I guarantee investors would lose faith in both and both prices would plummet.
Activity: 33
Thanks whoever filled my buy order at 1700 sat. Wish I had more to spend.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

Although majority of my crypto portfolio is/was made by day trading, Einsteinium is one of few that I'm involved long term. That's because I find Einsteinium project as one with great potential. Hence, I look at potential price drop as a buy opportunity. Two years back, in summer '15 some people were selling BTC at ~ $250. Then again, some (of us  Grin) were buying. Guess who's laughing now... Pretty much same happening now. All great things hit obstacles from time to time. Nothing wrong with that. Wink
Activity: 183
Merit: 100
This silence is not so nice. Why has it be frozen on Polo for a few days already?

Polo wants you to Panic and this is the good thing  Grin we need to shake up some weak hands  Wink

It is a good thing?  What are you, nuts?

This is very bad and will hurt EMC2's momentum

It will hurt Idiots who will Panic and sell it after emc2 will be unfrozen.

What are you, one of those Idiots?
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
Miners and Pool Operators:
Please update your nodes with our new wallet software

https://github.com/emc2foundation/einsteinium
legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
This silence is not so nice. Why has it be frozen on Polo for a few days already?

We answered a lot of questions about Polo, we're waiting for an answer about the reason why they froze EMC2.

Bittrex problem is solved with the new release(in beta).

If a problem happen, the team work to solve it.
Jump to: