Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 271. (Read 1076368 times)

legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
The vote on the bylaws will officially start in less than 11 hours.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
matauc12 and Oldminer, right now we are in the 2 days notice of comments, corrections and critiques of the bylaws. Voting start on December 4th  Wink

It's the 4th already here in Australia..well nearly  Grin
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
matauc12 and Oldminer, right now we are in the 2 days notice of comments, corrections and critiques of the bylaws. Voting start on December 4th  Wink
well, I read the bylaw word for word, but apparently didn't read the post about the bylaw
legendary
legendary
An Election to vote in the Bylaws written by the Einsteinium Board Members will be held from December 2nd 2014 6pm EST to December 9th 2014 6pm EST. We're giving a 2 days notice for comments, corrections, and critiques. 5 days (from December 4th 6pm EST to December 9th 6pm EST) of voting will be used.
The vote will be held in this thread by the comment '' Yes, i support the bylaws''.
*The bylaws will need 11 positive votes from members of this community to be accepted.
**No vote from members without post on this thread prior to this announcement will be accepted.

you can find the bylaws here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eZoES8nKwh3iN4jeEhaa_b8gw8pCEwmQ8le4hWrxEuo/edit?usp=sharing

I support the proposed bylaws.
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
I'm thinking about joining your community after I read a few of Armis' eloquent responses to a number of posts, though I would like to ask the following question first. I am of the opinion that there are too many independent cryptos and often the independent projects' interests will much rather conflict with each other than aid one another. My tendency is therefore towards cryptos that really offer a main unique trait that branches into many unique features. I see that you are serious about your work in crypto and I respect that. Can you argue why Einsteinium deserves its own independent cryptocurrency and blockchain? Why is this project not done on top of the Bitcoin blockchain instead?
My personal take on this.
This is one of the few things, but I'm tired and will only stick to this point. It's pretty simple. The fixed donation is pretty unique and serves an actual purpose beyond just ideologies that most other coins vouch for. The only thing that can hinder this is you want those donations to count, so it would be nice to have decent market cap for those donations to mean more. But that in itself, brings a, both, charitable and useful sort of intrinsic value. Something that's mostly absent from most other coins.
The most important thing about this kind of value is its ability to touch and influence people beyond the ordinary usage group. Einsteinium's service is not only valuable for those inside the crypto community, but reaches far beyond. It is important to discriminate between these two groups and to recognise the value and importance of this kind of outreach. Of course this justifies the project, its separate protocol and blockchain and the way it seeks to distribute and provide value. Crypto is potentially a great way to raise money, or arguably even raise money and incentive out of thin air Wink.
The second part of my original question however remains unanswered. I still believe that this project should rather be run as closely to the Bitcoin blockchain as possible and from that benefit from the network. What is the reasoning for a completely separate protocol?
I have fully read and agree to those bylaws
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
An Election to vote in the Bylaws written by the Einsteinium Board Members will be held from December 2nd 2014 6pm EST to December 9th 2014 6pm EST. We're giving a 2 days notice for comments, corrections, and critiques. 5 days (from December 4th 6pm EST to December 9th 6pm EST) of voting will be used.
The vote will be held in this thread by the comment '' Yes, i support the bylaws''.
*The bylaws will need 11 positive votes from members of this community to be accepted.
**No vote from members without post on this thread prior to this announcement will be accepted.

you can find the bylaws here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eZoES8nKwh3iN4jeEhaa_b8gw8pCEwmQ8le4hWrxEuo/edit?usp=sharing
I'm thinking about joining your community after I read a few of Armis' eloquent responses to a number of posts, though I would like to ask the following question first. I am of the opinion that there are too many independent cryptos and often the independent projects' interests will much rather conflict with each other than aid one another. My tendency is therefore towards cryptos that really offer a main unique trait that branches into many unique features. I see that you are serious about your work in crypto and I respect that. Can you argue why Einsteinium deserves its own independent cryptocurrency and blockchain? Why is this project not done on top of the Bitcoin blockchain instead?
My personal take on this.

This is one of the few things, but I'm tired and will only stick to this point. It's pretty simple. The fixed donation is pretty unique and serves an actual purpose beyond just ideologies that most other coins vouch for. The only thing that can hinder this is you want those donations to count, so it would be nice to have decent market cap for those donations to mean more. But that in itself, brings a, both, charitable and useful sort of intrinsic value. Something that's mostly absent from most other coins.
Activity: 101
legendary
Activity: 1130
No good deed goes unpunished
One day EMC2 will have an advert like that  Wink

And the coinwarz fixing block size has stopped the Cryptsy auto-dumps now. Hope you stocked up.
Activity: 407
Merit: 254
When I first saw this commercial I immediately thought of EMC2, it perfectly laid out why one should get involved with helping EMC2 -- well at least 3/4 of the commercial. 
Notice that the whole commercial was only 30 seconds -- you got the intent, subtext, and was motivation to act all in less than a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrXX38sAdVU&noredirect=1

The sorry state of public school science education in this country is reason enough to support emc2.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
When I first saw this commercial I immediately thought of EMC2, it perfectly laid out why one should get involved with helping EMC2 -- well at least 3/4 of the commercial.  
Notice that the whole commercial was only 30 seconds -- you got the intent, subtext, and was motivation to act all in less than a minute.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrXX38sAdVU&noredirect=1
Activity: 126
I am mining at emc2.suprnova.cc. Do I remember right that it used to be 0% fee pool?
Now I just noticed, that it is 1%.  Undecided
1)
Dear EMC2 owners The first draft of the EMC2 Bylaws is complete and can be viewed here:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eZoES8nKwh3iN4jeEhaa_b8gw8pCEwmQ8le4hWrxEuo/edit

please review content and provide any information that you feel should be included.

2)
Please do what you can to get EMC2 listed at Bitcoinwisdom.com (https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoinwisdomcom-live-bitcoinlitecoin-charts-190722)
and anywhere else our CC can get good exposure.

Please list other places where we may write to, vote at, or otherwise request to have our coin recognized.

3)
In the coming days the proposed bylaws will be placed before you for adoption, after that committees will form.  In advance of that I'm reaching out in many directions to find good people within the cryptocurrency industry who are willing to do good works for EMC2 -- we want committee members.   The following are our intended standing committees:

1)   finance -  target is 5 member committee, Chairman is the Treasurer of EMC2, unless otherwise determined
2)   charity project -  target is 5 member committee, Chairman will be appointed
3)   intercoin -  target is 5 member committee, Chairman will be appointed
4)   security -  target is 5 member committee, Chairman will be appointed
5)   elections -  target is 5 member committee, Chairman will be appointed
6)   membership -  target is 5 member committee, Chairman will be appointed
7)   development -  target is 5 member committee, Chairman will be appointed
8)   mining -  target is 5 member committee, Chairman will be appointed
9)   fundraising -  target is 5 member committee, Chairman will be appointed
10) marketing -  target is 5 member committee, Chairman will be appointed
11)  communications -  target is 5 member committee, Chairman will be appointed

If you are interested in sitting on, or chairing a committee please post or PM your interest.

If you have questions, just ask .
legendary
All are encouraged to help create The Einstein Foundation bylaws,  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eZoES8nKwh3iN4jeEhaa_b8gw8pCEwmQ8le4hWrxEuo/edit?usp=sharing

you can share info as you wish, if you want permission to edit the document simply send me you email address via PM.  

The boiler plate is set, we simply need to customize it to suit our unique needs.  There are multiple ways to help in this endeavor:

Damn, thats an impressive document.

totally agree on that  Shocked
legendary
All are encouraged to help create The Einstein Foundation bylaws,  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1eZoES8nKwh3iN4jeEhaa_b8gw8pCEwmQ8le4hWrxEuo/edit?usp=sharing

you can share info as you wish, if you want permission to edit the document simply send me you email address via PM.  

The boiler plate is set, we simply need to customize it to suit our unique needs.  There are multiple ways to help in this endeavor:

Damn, thats an impressive document.
legendary
Activity: 1130
No good deed goes unpunished
Woohoo!  Grin

Thanks guys for your words of support, going to make the best damn science project yet and drive this baby up to where it should have been for months.
legendary
Activity: 1330
I am rather flattered to be voted in EMC2 Foundation and I accept graciously.

Not sure if I can be of help with the vetting, but don't mind digging up info on the project, that's what I do Smiley

yeh congrats Varvarian

1)  suggest content
2)  proofread
3)  remove content that obviously does not apply to us
4)  write material
5)  edit material
and
6)  ask others to help

This project should be completed within a week, after which time the board will vote on it, if approved it will then go to the community for adoption.  
Jump to: