Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 266. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
https://cryptassist.io
I can't find the instructions in the thread about how to import android wallet backup into a qt wallet (windows here).

Anyone can help me with that? I think the original instructions were from bobsurplus

If it were me, I would just dump the private keys from your old wallet, and then import them into your new one.  This way you don't need to mess with pywallet, or different versions of BDB.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I can't find the instructions in the thread about how to import android wallet backup into a qt wallet (windows here).

Anyone can help me with that? I think the original instructions were from bobsurplus
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
There's crazy volume on Poloniex right now, and EMC2 is up 120% as of this post time.  (over 20 BTC in volume)

Wink

Really good to see you Bob.
There's crazy volume on Poloniex right now, and EMC2 is up 120% as of this post time.  (over 20 BTC in volume)

We have also broken into the Top 100 Market Cap List

That's awesome!  Looks like we are picking up more positive attention again Smiley
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
There's crazy volume on Poloniex right now, and EMC2 is up 120% as of this post time.  (over 20 BTC in volume)

We have also broken into the Top 100 Market Cap List

Hapoд! Чтo c мoнeтoй cлyчилocь? Oткyдa тaкoй pocт?

I think there are many reasons for the sudden increase, please read the above posts for the past 3 days to get details, but essentially it boils down to
the community finally securing a science project to fund.  EMC2's mission is to find and fund worth science research projects.   

And as you will see the funding strategy is constructed in a way that should make everyone proud (and financially happy) to be a part of the project
and the EMC2 community.

EMC2 endeavors to increase market value by doing good, very good, and really good.   

Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Hapoд! Чтo c мoнeтoй cлyчилocь? Oткyдa тaкoй pocт?
Sponsor Perks: How To Promote Your Coin (or business) While Supporting This Campaign

This message is directed to non-EMC2 coin communities that want to support our effort.  

We will be launching our crowd funding campaign for The Havekes Project soon, the campaign is designed to include sponsor perks (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5NOAuyPqL4).  
This is your opportunity to have your logo, short text message, and coin (or business) promoted in our campaign.  

Here is how it will work:

1)  your donated CC will be placed in a native wallet,
2)  we will offer the CC as campaign Perks at various donation levels,
3)  at the end of the campaign send perks to appropriate donors,
and
4)  either convert remaining funds fiat to donate to campaign or transfer native funds directly to campaign beneficiary.

To participate please post:  the name of the coin (or entity), the amount of the donation, a link to your logo, and your short text messages (50 characters).

Clearly this is an excellent opportunity to promote your coin or business while supporting the The Havekes Project and The Einsteinium Foundation.

In advance of appointments, I will consider every nominee for the Havekes project campaign staff.
Please post or PM a list of the individuals you believe should be consider for the following positions:

Fundraising Committee Chairman
Communications Committee Chairman
and
Marketing Committee Chairman

You are invited to include yourself on the list if you wish. 

I will announce appointments as they are issued.
Activity: 448
Excellent work being done, major props and good luck with your efforts folks.  Wink

Agree and congrats to Robb!
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
Excellent work being done, major props and good luck with your efforts folks.  Wink
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Poloniex down??? Whatta!
The Havekes Project is what EMC2 is all about, the opportunity to fund a prestigious scientific project associated with a top academic institution while at the same time securing positive exposure for the currency,  Are you ready?

As you know, the fundraising campaign has graduated compensation incentives to encourage higher-level success, if done correctly, we will raise awareness and funds for a worthy science project, and we will raise awareness and the market value of EMC2. 

This 30-day campaign needs a team of self-motivated individuals who are willing to work as a time to secure magnificent success, specifically it needs:

A Fundraising Committee Chairman
A Fundraising Committee Staff (5+)
A Communications Committee Chairman
A Marketing Committee Chairman
and
A Finance Committee Chairman (EMC2 Treasurer)

Fundraising Committee Chair
- read: https://go.indiegogo.com/playbook
- articulate a vision, and a strategy to realize the vision
- recruit and motivate a staff to help you to reach your vision and committee goals
- responsible for the visibles on the crowd funding site (including vid)
- responsible for daily project updates at BCT
- responsible for responding to all comments at crowd funding page (same day)
- Interface with all other chairman to insure effective and efficient use of resources
- Interface with Treasure to insure proper seed funding of project, and proper distribution of collected funds.
- produce contributions 

Each fundraising committee member must:
- register an associated account so that you are properly credited for work, traffic, and donations you produce. 
- List 5 specific ways you will spread the word of this campaign
- produce contributions 

Communications Committee Chair
- articulate a vision for your responsibility and a strategy to realize the vision
- responsible for all media messages
- issue social media blasts a minimum of 2x a week
- issue weekly campaign report via BCT post
- secure a media list of at least 10 outlets (mix of science, crypto, charity and general) to update with weekly info

Marketing Committee Chair
- articulate a vision for your responsibility and a strategy to realize the vision
- secure sponsors for Perks
- work with Treasurer to secure non-sponsored perks
- issue weekly campaign report via BCT post
- interface with other science sites, blogs, vid channels, and forums
- request donations outside of the EMC2 thread
- provide youtube comments and view for campaign vid at youtube

The Havekes Project campaign is what our coin was created for, with your time, wisdom, and energy this campaign will be a success.

Again, this 30-day campaign needs a team of self-motivated individuals who are willing to work as a time to secure magnificent success, specifically it needs:

A Fundraising Committee Chairman
A Fundraising Committee Staff (5+)
A Communications Committee Chairman
A Marketing Committee Chairman
and
A Finance Committee Chairman (EMC2 Treasurer)

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
Great Coin, Great Mission!
Activity: 514
Merit: 500
I already did the trick, but I am still getting the error.

Delete everything in your C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Einsteinium folder (make sure you backup your wallet.dat file first) then download & extract the client again. Add the einsteinium.conf file (before you launch the client for the first time) and it should sync.

No luck.

Deleted all files except wallet.dat. download & extract the client again. Restarted wallet twice. Disappointment Continues.

No Firewall, No router. All settings are right. Please help

Einsteinium  Version: v0.8.7.1-unk-beta

Try this synced to last week .. https://www.dropbox.com/s/gx3t29k7upuqcn9/Einsteinium.rar?dl=0 extract and add wallet.dat and run wallet again .. should work. (normally I would advise against opening stuff that's linked, but I work here  Grin)

Varvarin,
Thanks for your help! I did all what you suggested. It's not just I am only EMC2 wallet; but I have other wallets too and was able to eventually fix the sync problem.

In this case, I give up now. I cannot get EMC2 sync.

Einsteinium was created with 3 critical missions in mind:  

1) Goodwill Mission
2) Increase Valuation Mission
and
3) The Philanthropic Mission

Our Goodwill Mission is to tell everyone in the cryptocurrency world, the scientific world, and the charity world that we are here.   Our Increase Valuation Mission is to preserve and increase the public market value of our currency such as to make it an attractive investment opportunity.  And, our Philanthropic Mission is to, in some small way, fund scientific research.  

This project -- The Havekes Project (named after Dr Havekes), will benefit the grant recipient, but it will also help in the redevelopment of Einsteinium (the coin, foundation, and community).

In an effort to maximize community participation and performance Dr. Havekes has authorized the following graduated incentives:

The foundation guaranteed a minimum of $1M EMC2 equal to ~$500.   If the crowd funding campaign received more than 1M EMC2 (~$500) from outside of foundation resource the foundation would be reimbursed for initial deposits.  The financial incentives are activated when the campaign reaches $1000:

At level 1 the goal is $1,000  up to $1999, at this level EMC2 will receive 10% of amount raised, this will be used to pay for campaign fees charged by the site and Paypal, campaign perks (if not covered by sponsors), and a stipend to campaign workers for reaching this level of success.

At level 2 the goal is $2,000  up to $4999, at this level EMC2 will receive 15% of amount raised, this will be used to pay for campaign fees charged by the site and Paypal, campaign perks (if not covered by sponsors), and a stipend to campaign workers for reaching this level of success.

At level 3 the goal is $5,000  up to $9999, at this level EMC2 will receive 20% of amount raised, this will be used to pay for campaign fees charged by the site and Paypal, campaign perks (if not covered by sponsors), and a stipend to campaign workers for reaching this level of success.

At level 4 the goal is $10,000  up to $49,999, at this level EMC2 will receive 22% of amount raised, this will be used to pay for campaign fees charged by the site and Paypal, campaign perks (if not covered by sponsors), and a stipend to campaign workers for reaching this level of success.

At level 5 the goal is $50,000  or more EMC2 will receive 25% of amount raised, this will be used to pay for campaign fees charged by the site and Paypal, campaign perks (if not covered by sponsors), and a stipend to campaign workers for reaching this level of success.

The campaign staff for the Havekes project are:

- The Fundraising Committee - to generate funds for the campaign  
- The Communications Committee - to keep the media well informed  
- The Marketing Committee - to tell everyone else to support the effort  
- The Finance committee - to oversee the finances  

The amount paid to EMC2 above any reimbursement, site fees, paypal fees, and perks not covered by sponsors, will be allocated as follows:
20% to the chairman of the fundraising committee, 20% to the top producer, 18% to the runner-up, and the balance of incentive funds will be shared equally between the remaining registered paid campaign workers (the remaining members of the Fundraising Committee, the Communications Committee chair, the Marketing Committee chair, and the Treasurer).

The President will oversee all operations and be acting Treasurer, he will appoint the Fundraising Committee Chair, Communications Committee Chair, and the Marketing Committee Chair.   All other members of the Fundraising Committee are self-appointed, the roll is open until the close of appointments.   Once we start the campaign no new names will be added to the list of paid campaign associates.

Please indicate if you would like to be involved with the campaign and to what extent, everyone will be considered.

Job descriptions will be detailed shortly.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
It's been a long time since the community had a project to fund. Let's make this a success
legendary
Activity: 1130
No good deed goes unpunished
Congratulations to Dr. Havekes and his lab.

EMC2 Community wishes the research and the campaign a great deal of success. Spread the word, get involved, involve your friends, post ideas, comment .. and so on  Cheesy
Greeting Einsteinium Community,

It is with great joy that the Einsteinium Foundation announce its newest science research grant winner: Dr. Robbert Havekes, Ph.D

Dr. Havekes is a scientist associated with the University of Pennsylvania.  His science research project is focused on "trying to figure out how sleep loss causes cognitive problems and, importantly, how to prevent the problems".   His work on this particular project is featured here: http://www.neuroscientistnews.com/research-news/memory-problems-caused-sleep-deprivation-prevented

Here is his video application: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/grv2is4anmajn4d/AAAu-6uCJ4QanyQL89mq4Q5ca?dl=0

After the Vetting Committee chaired by Varvarin determined that Dr. Havekes and this science research project was a good fit for the Einsteinium foundation, the board voted.    The board unanimously determined the following:

1) to approve the project for an Einsteinium Foundation grant,
2) to fix a sum of one million EMC2 to that grant award,
and
3) to offer Dr. Havekes the option to allow us to spearhead a
public crowd funding campaign that would likely provide greater
exposure for his project, himself, our cause, and our currency.

Dr. Havekes was appreciative of the award and welcomed the opportunity for us to organize a crowd funding campaign on his behalf.

Crowd funding details will follow shortly.
Oh, wow, I just noticed that Cryptsy increased their rates.  When did that start?

[edit] whooooooooah, the pricing structure is a "minimum" of .25% if the coin is a low volume coin the rate could go as high as .33%

see info at: https://www.cryptsy.com/pages/fees

Fees as of 12/15/2014

Base Market Fees

These are the base market fees for buy and sell orders on our markets. Fees vary depending on the Average Day Volume over the last 14 days of a market (in BTC). Markets newer than 14 days will automatically be given best fee rates. Higher fees on lower volume markets will help us maintain them longer without risk of delisting.

Avg Daily Volume   Fee (Buy & Sell)
0.0 - 0.5 BTC   0.33%
0.5 - 1.0 BTC   0.31%
1.0 - 5.0 BTC   0.29%
5.0 - 20.0 BTC   0.27%
20.0+ BTC   0.25%

User Trade Fee Discounts by Trade Volume

These are the discounts given to individual users based on their total trade volume of the previous 14 days. Discounts increase as trade volume increases. For example: A verified user with a 14 day total trade volume of over 1000 BTC in a market with an average daily volume of over 20 BTC will pay only 0.10% trade fees (0.25% - 0.15% = 0.10%)

14 Day Trade Volume   Verified User Discount   Unverified User Discount
0 - 2 BTC   0.005%   No discount
2 - 10 BTC   0.010%   0.005%
10 - 100 BTC   0.020%   0.010%
100 - 300 BTC   0.050%   0.025%
300 - 1000 BTC   0.100%   0.050%
1000+ BTC   0.150%   0.075%

Market Maker Rebates

Cryptsy has changed the way we classify a market maker. Market maker rebates are no longer automatic. Users who wish to be classified as market makers can contact our support team. We will evaluate requests on a case-by-case basis.

Balance Rebates

Balance rebates are offered to our verified users only. If you are a verified user, then you are automatically enrolled.

What Are Balance Rebates?

Balance rebates are a cut of our collected trade fees for users who hold balances in certain currencies on our exchange. Currently the currencies we collect fees on are BTC, LTC, XRP, and USD. Verified users who have a balance in these currencies will be included in the pool of users who get a daily rebate in the same currency.

How Much Will I Earn in Balance Rebates?

We pay a 2% rebate. Balance calculations include available and held for order balances. So even if all your funds are held for open orders, they are included in the calculation.

So for example: We collect 10 BTC in trade fees in a day. This leaves 0.2 BTC available for rebates (2%). If you had 100 BTC on account and between all users the sum of all balances of verified users was 5,000 BTC, then you would receive 2% of the total rebate for that day. In this case that would be a 0.004 BTC daily rebate. Balances and rebates are calculated and distributed separately for each of the BTC, LTC, XRP, and USD currencies.

Jump to: