Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 275. (Read 1076368 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Alts always take a beating when BTC jumps as it has the last few days. Once it peaks and people decide its hit a plateau, people sell to take advantage of the cheap alts. It happens everytime.

sssshhh ... let that market pattern smack the noobs a few good wacks and they'll not soon forget :-]
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
Last week we a rise in the value of EMC2 going from 80 to 175 sats on poloniex and from 79 to 195sats on cryptsy. Even if we like to see those kind of rise, we have to be really careful as a community to not be overwhelm by the situation. When a price rise too fast, it always tend to drop after some times to stabilize.
What we are seeing today, is the fall after the pike we saw.

The management board always keep an eye on the value of the coins, we work hard to bring this coin back to its former glory.

From my personal view, i don't think we were victims of a PnD but rather a dump after we saw the coin stabilizing itself at 130 sats.
There's 2 options for this dump:
1- Someone with a lot of coins wanted to get out of EMC2 or needed BTCs
2- Someone tried to hurt the community/value by dumping coins on the market

Close to 3 millions coins were sold on the markets to create this drop in price. I'll let you create your own opinion on the event. Let's use this as a warning for future rise in price (which will happen).

We are working hard to help this coin/community and we welcome anyone interested in helping us (with ideas, skills or times).

Djnocide, member of the Einsteinium management board

Shakedown happened by the looks of things .. had orders as low as 70 filled and I know why ... BTC raced $50 today and folks are rushing to sell before the inevitable dump to $400.

really good point, let see if the price rise after BTC drop, if it does.

edit: In less than 30 min the coin went from 70 to 100 sats. Don't act on panic.

Alts always take a beating when BTC jumps as it has the last few days. Once it peaks and people decide its hit a plateau, people sell to take advantage of the cheap alts. It happens everytime.
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
There is no error to see in your log..

Do a 'listtransactions' with the daemon to see if a block was created

listtransactions shows that the blocks are being created.  The issue is that the stratum server is not responding correctly to the block so it is not getting logged in the database.  You can see that the response is null.

No, the response null is fine, it is coming from the coin daemon and means that there was 'null' error transmitting the block to the Network.

The Rest is done by your mpos cronjob, Look in your mpos blocks table, the block is there it must be assigned by your cron
Activity: 3
Merit: 0

listtransactions shows that the blocks are being created.  The issue is that the stratum server is not responding correctly to the block so it is not getting logged in the database.  You can see that the response is null.
legendary

EMC2 ...

What project do you propose we should work together on?    Keep in mind that our mission mandates that we fund science related projects particularity in the area of research however we are flexible on that part if need be.  We prefer a project that has high exposure and high impact.  

I think each coin should work on projects independently.  
So you can fund anything you like.  
(But UNO focused on science&invention so there is the ability to work together see Blue Cryto Awards)

For this joint venture I thing the project should be:
* How can charity coin communities flourish? (open discussion / think tank)
* What are the best practices for securing "the donations"? (fund custodianship best practices)
* Do we need an oversite / underwriter / auditor mechanism? (independent body)

My goal is to establish
1. Legitimate Crypto Charities (weed out the scams / prevent scams)
2. Promote Legitimate Crypto Charities to the general public (education/information)

EMC2 is a legitimate charity coin, the foundation is a registered NPO, we currently are doing projects independently, and our funding source is written into the coin code (see OP).

We are aggressively looking for actionable projects to fund.  I thought you wanted to convene a round table discussion to focus on possible projects our respective coins could fund together.  

Here is an open invitation, if you should come across a science research related project that has high impact and high exposure, and you believe we may see it as a worthy cause please present it to us for funding consideration.   We are willing to consider it for individual sponsorship, joint sponsorship, or multi-lateral sponsorship.  

We are actively seeking strategic partners in this regard.

Aside from the above, what projects have you funded to date?  And please expand on what UNO and 'blue crypto awards' are about?

Break it into 2 parts:

I.
[joint sponsorship, or multi-lateral sponsorship]
science research related project that has high impact and high exposure ... yes UNO is interested ... we already have funded 100 UNO paid ... PM so I don't forget can get you the link to blue crypto ... I think there is synergy in our goals.

II.
[convene a round table discussion group / forum]
Yes, to focus on possible projects our respective coins could fund together.  But not exactly the main idea.  Main idea is to establish best practices so there is means of measuring integrity and validity of charity driven coins.  Also UNO has discovered it difficult to followup what happens to our donation.  So there is a need to discover new ways of tracking and auditing donations.  End game probably is an office and officer of charity coins.  I think if we lay the groundwork, a high profile individual will fill that seat.  

In a word >> convention.

do we need a separate thread for this discussion?  
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

I have a pool setup for this coin but I am having an issue with submit block.  it is working, the block gets created, but I get the following response so the pool is not registering the blocks

2014-11-12 11:36:22,036 DEBUG interfaces # 3968373f1603cb9cee40060fb7b7be9a3986d359ac2aaab714e834fbe885c907 (6331) valid apnea.1
2014-11-12 11:36:22,036 DEBUG bitcoin_rpc # SUBMITBLOCK RESULT: {"result":null,"error":null,"id":"1"}

2014-11-12 11:36:22,036 INFO bitcoin_rpc # CHECKING FOR BLOCK AFTER SUBMITBLOCK
2014-11-12 11:36:22,037 DEBUG block_template # Got To  Block_template.py
2014-11-12 11:36:22,037 DEBUG block_template # Got To Block_template.py
2014-11-12 11:36:22,037 DEBUG coinbasetx # Got to CoinBaseTX
2014-11-12 11:36:22,038 INFO template_registry # None
2014-11-12 11:36:22,038 INFO template_registry # New template for 0b53e1e17f5b4ac46010a67b7f23d67f8fef6d2cbca40079917aa3cf53cb5f70
2014-11-12 11:36:22,038 DEBUG template_registry # Getting Laat Template
2014-11-12 11:36:22,039 INFO subscription # BROADCASTED to 3 connections in 0.000 sec
2014-11-12 11:36:22,039 INFO template_registry # Update finished, 0.002 sec, 1 txes

Has anyone seen this or can shed some light on it?

Thanks

Apnea

did you set your pool like other pools or you went with the warning in the OP?

The stratum implementation for EMC2 differs slightly due to our donation/block system.

Any pool owners wishing to set up a pool for EMC2 may want to review this code first:
              https://github.com/einsteinium/EMC2-Stratum-Mining

I followed the warning in the original post. I am using the EMC2-Stratum-Mining with no modifications.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Merit: 1000
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
Last week we a rise in the value of EMC2 going from 80 to 175 sats on poloniex and from 79 to 195sats on cryptsy. Even if we like to see those kind of rise, we have to be really careful as a community to not be overwhelm by the situation. When a price rise too fast, it always tend to drop after some times to stabilize.
What we are seeing today, is the fall after the pike we saw.

The management board always keep an eye on the value of the coins, we work hard to bring this coin back to its former glory.

From my personal view, i don't think we were victims of a PnD but rather a dump after we saw the coin stabilizing itself at 130 sats.
There's 2 options for this dump:
1- Someone with a lot of coins wanted to get out of EMC2 or needed BTCs
2- Someone tried to hurt the community/value by dumping coins on the market

Close to 3 millions coins were sold on the markets to create this drop in price. I'll let you create your own opinion on the event. Let's use this as a warning for future rise in price (which will happen).

We are working hard to help this coin/community and we welcome anyone interested in helping us (with ideas, skills or times).

Djnocide, member of the Einsteinium management board

Shakedown happened by the looks of things .. had orders as low as 70 filled and I know why ... BTC raced $50 today and folks are rushing to sell before the inevitable dump to $400.

really good point, let see if the price rise after BTC drop, if it does.

edit: In less than 30 min the coin went from 70 to 100 sats. Don't act on panic.
legendary
Activity: 1130
No good deed goes unpunished

Just synced my wallet after 7 days .. works fine btw.
legendary
I have a pool setup for this coin but I am having an issue with submit block.  it is working, the block gets created, but I get the following response so the pool is not registering the blocks

2014-11-12 11:36:22,036 DEBUG interfaces # 3968373f1603cb9cee40060fb7b7be9a3986d359ac2aaab714e834fbe885c907 (6331) valid apnea.1
2014-11-12 11:36:22,036 DEBUG bitcoin_rpc # SUBMITBLOCK RESULT: {"result":null,"error":null,"id":"1"}

2014-11-12 11:36:22,038 INFO template_registry # New template for 0b53e1e17f5b4ac46010a67b7f23d67f8fef6d2cbca40079917aa3cf53cb5f70
2014-11-12 11:36:22,039 INFO subscription # BROADCASTED to 3 connections in 0.000 sec
2014-11-12 11:36:22,039 INFO template_registry # Update finished, 0.002 sec, 1 txes

Thanks

Apnea

did you set your pool like other pools or you went with the warning in the OP?

The stratum implementation for EMC2 differs slightly due to our donation/block system.

Any pool owners wishing to set up a pool for EMC2 may want to review this code first:
              https://github.com/einsteinium/EMC2-Stratum-Mining

Thanks

Apnea
Activity: 588
Merit: 501

EMC2 ...

What project do you propose we should work together on?    Keep in mind that our mission mandates that we fund science related projects particularity in the area of research however we are flexible on that part if need be.  We prefer a project that has high exposure and high impact.  

(But UNO focused on science&invention so there is the ability to work together see Blue Cryto Awards)

For this joint venture I thing the project should be:
* What are the best practices for securing "the donations"? (fund custodianship best practices)

My goal is to establish
2. Promote Legitimate Crypto Charities to the general public (education/information)

EMC2 is a legitimate charity coin, the foundation is a registered NPO, we currently are doing projects independently, and our funding source is written into the coin code (see OP).

We are aggressively looking for actionable projects to fund.  I thought you wanted to convene a round table discussion to focus on possible projects our respective coins could fund together.  

Here is an open invitation, if you should come across a science research related project that has high impact and high exposure, and you believe we may see it as a worthy cause please present it to us for funding consideration.   We are willing to consider it for individual sponsorship, joint sponsorship, or multi-lateral sponsorship.  

We are actively seeking strategic partners in this regard.

Aside from the above, what projects have you funded to date?  And please expand on what UNO and 'blue crypto awards' are about?

legendary

EMC2 ...

For this joint venture I think the project should be:

My goal is to establish

Activity: 588
Merit: 501
Can you send the thread link  Tongue
Sorry bit hard to google it

Re: Calling All Cause Coin, Ethical Coins, and Conscious Coins Let's Work Together

Very interested.
I will bring BCT and UNO

I suggest we get a roll call list going first.

Regards,
BN

You can start a roll call, my guess is 3 - 4 coins may respond.  

EMC2, World Aid Coin, Aidbit, and you.

Better thing to do is to start immediate discussion (in public forum) of what project you want to do in joint cooperation.

We have funds and are ready to donate to worthy cause that fits our mission.

We can bring the conversation here.

ROLL CALL
EMC2
World Aid Coin
Aidbit
BCT
UNO

EMC2 ...

What project do you propose we should work together on?    Keep in mind that our mission mandates that we fund science related projects particularity in the area of research however we are flexible on that part if need be.  We prefer a project that has high exposure and high impact.  

legendary
Can you send the thread link  Tongue

Re: Calling All Cause Coin, Ethical Coins, and Conscious Coins Let's Work Together

Very interested.
I will bring BCT and UNO

Regards,
BN

Better thing to do is to start immediate discussion (in public forum) of what project you want to do in joint cooperation.

ROLL CALL
EMC2 /einsteinium/  https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9436119 www.Einsteinium.biz
World Aid Coin /?
Aidbit /?
BCT /BN
UNO /BN temp rep.

--suggested participants--
x-child
water
spuds
prosper
pink
green

this is a brief list of the top of my head, some maybe short of "ethics" at launch but hopefully their communities turn around, please suggest others and contact any coin community you think is worthy.
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
Can you send the thread link  Tongue

Very interested.
I will bring BCT and UNO

Regards,
BN

Activity: 13
I am a new investor. I bought couple of 100's EMC2 coins lately.

I need help here!!
My local windows 32 bit desktop wallet cannot sync. For example it's complaining "No Block Source Available"
Einsteinium Version: v0.87.1-unk-beta.

Just delete everything in c:\Users\"UserName"\AppData\Roaming\Einsteinium\   

except wallet.dat & einsteinium.conf which should contain info djnocide posted above.

Also try to redownload the client @ http://download994.mediafire.com/ek818m66b6yg/4vanrt119nq8r44/einsteinium-qt-1.1.zip

Hope that helps.

Sasho
legendary
BTW, we use .conf file only when we wish to mine not for connection issue

A lot of coins solve their connections issue with a .conf file
Activity: 514
Merit: 500
BTW, we use .conf file only when we wish to mine not for connection issue
legendary
Here is the debug log file status

Can't help you much with that, maybe an other member have more informations.
I was always able to get my wallet connected with the .conf file (on some occasions it took a lot of time).
Jump to: