Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 299. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 221
Merit: 100
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
To further add on my post,  because I feel I threw an alternative that wouldn't be realizable. I'm currently one of the top 3 holders of emc2, if I were to make a sizable donation based on what I own, it would still be quite a bit less than the amount needed. So,  at the current market value, it's a great amount to raise,  what I own right now used to be worth about 20k, I think everyone here is in a similar boat, further investment from current holders has incentive, but at another risk for a more than comfortable chuck of what their investment is currently worth. It's not that 3btc is a big fee,  it's just a fee the community isn't really able to absorb at the current market value.

So here's my suggestion. Why not make the new Dev the recipient of the next (or 2) wormholes? It gives him incentive to do a good job, it potentially gives him more money than the flat 3btc fee,  and it's actually realizable. And it also goes towards "helping science"  if it's funding a system TO fun science.

The reason we chose BTC instead of a EMC2 donation is because of current market value. The developer needs money right now in order to pay for the time it will take to begin to implement the changes. Upon payment receipt, it will be the his decision to buy back into the coin while prices are still cheap. Otherwise, the rest he can cash out to pay his bills. If we pay him 3btc in EMC2 directly, it would take a sizable portion from myself or from holders and it's just not a very reasonable decision at current market rates.
It's not only not a reasonable decision for you OR anyone else at current market rate. You have to ask yourself,  why would someone take a risk and pay BTC  to make their past investment worth a little more when they've already lost so much.  It's 1 thing to Baghold until now, it's another thing to Baghold until now AND further pay. Besides, I'm not sure emc2 community currently has the confidence to send 3btc blindly. I'm not coming at you or anything, but things went sideways here, some things were planned and never ended happening and you were recently associated with a potential scam (like I said, I'm not coming at you, I think I actually like you). But I'm stating the current facts. 3btc collected just isn't happening.  It has nothing to do with how strong this community is or not, this community just isn't in a state where it can do that.

Your most loyal community members and biggest pockets already your post,  I think it has been established  that for no one thinks it's worth the risk / reward.

So used your time wisely and don't waste it waiting on that 3btc filled and come up with another proposition.  Maybe try to make my suggestion or something of the sort work out,  or come up with something entirely different,  or a Dev  that would accept such a position without cash up front.

And beyond the scope of the rest of my post,  usually someone gets paid after the work is done, I'm not exactly sure why we're hanged by the balls and that it should be any different especially in a bitcoin world known for scams and jobs unfinished.

I agree that the community is not really where it should be for us to collect the money. Not only that, but forking a coin a changing its fundamentals usually kills it all together. The switch to PoS will not increase our value. It's taken me a bit of humility and learning, but I've come to decide that we need to change direction with this coin. What we really need is a new system for donating to science. Switching algo may be something that can come a little down the line, but at our current state it may be best to refocus on what we are really supposed to be doing with EMC2.

My goal now is for Einsteinium is to create a website much like Kickstarter or Experiment.com specifically geared for funding science projects with crypto. People will be able to create projects and receive votes / funding directly in EMC2. Above that, it's time that we rebuild our coin team from the ground up. I will update very soon.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
I'll remind you of this when we get to 500K

I'll have to add you to the list though because I have about 30 people to remind.

Don't you get it, cloakcoin is the biggest innovation to crypto since btc!

yup for u and about 10 others
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
I'll remind you of this when we get to 500K

I'll have to add you to the list though because I have about 30 people to remind.

Don't you get it, cloakcoin is the biggest innovation to crypto since btc!

I hope you guys listened to me when I told yall to pick up cloakcoin at 20K satoshi.

I really love this community so I really hope you guys did.

Cloakcoin today :0.00180833

Next stop 300K

then 500K

then 1Million Satoshi.

Its not to late boys and girls.

Good luck and god speed.

cloak will crash can u say manipulation?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
I hope you guys listened to me when I told yall to pick up cloakcoin at 20K satoshi.

I really love this community so I really hope you guys did.

Cloakcoin today :0.00180833

Next stop 300K

then 500K

then 1Million Satoshi.

Its not to late boys and girls.

Good luck and god speed.
Here's one proposition.

Stop messing with the coin and start funding science.

+1

Wow someone is done 40sat... 1.6btc
Activity: 196
lol, no Buy Orders in cryptsy
still holding
oh yeah, I'm a great investor
get 600, and hold to ~40 ahahaha
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
Here's one proposition.

Stop messing with the coin and start funding science.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I vote not to pay.

We need to find another way around the obstacles. We cant be buying our way out every time.
To further add on my post,  because I feel I threw an alternative that wouldn't be realizable. I'm currently one of the top 3 holders of emc2, if I were to make a sizable donation based on what I own, it would still be quite a bit less than the amount needed. So,  at the current market value, it's a great amount to raise,  what I own right now used to be worth about 20k, I think everyone here is in a similar boat, further investment from current holders has incentive, but at another risk for a more than comfortable chuck of what their investment is currently worth. It's not that 3btc is a big fee,  it's just a fee the community isn't really able to absorb at the current market value.

So here's my suggestion. Why not make the new Dev the recipient of the next (or 2) wormholes? It gives him incentive to do a good job, it potentially gives him more money than the flat 3btc fee,  and it's actually realizable. And it also goes towards "helping science"  if it's funding a system TO fun science.

The reason we chose BTC instead of a EMC2 donation is because of current market value. The developer needs money right now in order to pay for the time it will take to begin to implement the changes. Upon payment receipt, it will be the his decision to buy back into the coin while prices are still cheap. Otherwise, the rest he can cash out to pay his bills. If we pay him 3btc in EMC2 directly, it would take a sizable portion from myself or from holders and it's just not a very reasonable decision at current market rates.
It's not only not a reasonable decision for you OR anyone else at current market rate. You have to ask yourself,  why would someone take a risk and pay BTC  to make their past investment worth a little more when they've already lost so much.  It's 1 thing to Baghold until now, it's another thing to Baghold until now AND further pay. Besides, I'm not sure emc2 community currently has the confidence to send 3btc blindly. I'm not coming at you or anything, but things went sideways here, some things were planned and never ended happening and you were recently associated with a potential scam (like I said, I'm not coming at you, I think I actually like you). But I'm stating the current facts. 3btc collected just isn't happening.  It has nothing to do with how strong this community is or not, this community just isn't in a state where it can do that.

Your most loyal community members and biggest pockets already your post,  I think it has been established  that for no one thinks it's worth the risk / reward.

So used your time wisely and don't waste it waiting on that 3btc filled and come up with another proposition.  Maybe try to make my suggestion or something of the sort work out,  or come up with something entirely different,  or a Dev  that would accept such a position without cash up front.

And beyond the scope of the rest of my post,  usually someone gets paid after the work is done, I'm not exactly sure why we're hanged by the balls and that it should be any different especially in a bitcoin world known for scams and jobs unfinished.
Activity: 140
so you want 3 btc out of us?? to sort your problems??  Huh Huh
Activity: 196
For how long do you think collect 3 BTC?
To further add on my post,  because I feel I threw an alternative that wouldn't be realizable. I'm currently one of the top 3 holders of emc2, if I were to make a sizable donation based on what I own, it would still be quite a bit less than the amount needed. So,  at the current market value, it's a great amount to raise,  what I own right now used to be worth about 20k, I think everyone here is in a similar boat, further investment from current holders has incentive, but at another risk for a more than comfortable chuck of what their investment is currently worth. It's not that 3btc is a big fee,  it's just a fee the community isn't really able to absorb at the current market value.

So here's my suggestion. Why not make the new Dev the recipient of the next (or 2) wormholes? It gives him incentive to do a good job, it potentially gives him more money than the flat 3btc fee,  and it's actually realizable. And it also goes towards "helping science"  if it's funding a system TO fun science.

To further add on my post,  because I feel I threw an alternative that wouldn't be realizable. I'm currently one of the top 3 holders of emc2, if I were to make a sizable donation based on what I own, it would still be quite a bit less than the amount needed. So,  at the current market value, it's a great amount to raise,  what I own right now used to be worth about 20k, I think everyone here is in a similar boat, further investment from current holders has incentive, but at another risk for a more than comfortable chuck of what their investment is currently worth. It's not that 3btc is a big fee,  it's just a fee the community isn't really able to absorb at the current market value.

So here's my suggestion. Why not make the new Dev the recipient of the next (or 2) wormholes? It gives him incentive to do a good job, it potentially gives him more money than the flat 3btc fee,  and it's actually realizable. And it also goes towards "helping science"  if it's funding a system TO fun science.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
I have one little restrain about paying.

It's the fact it would be paid in BTC. I understand why it's paid in BTC, but would like to see the good side of paying in emc2 take over. Paying a developer in your own currency gives incentive for a job well done. That payment can end up being worth much more.  Of course it could just be reinvested in it instead, but raising 3btc  from community alone at this point will be a hard feat.

i agree with an EMC2 payment.
I have one little restrain about paying.

It's the fact it would be paid in BTC. I understand why it's paid in BTC, but would like to see the good side of paying in emc2 take over. Paying a developer in your own currency gives incentive for a job well done. That payment can end up being worth much more.  Of course it could just be reinvested in it instead, but raising 3btc  from community alone at this point will be a hard feat.
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
"If you are going through hell, keep going"-Sir WC
*UPDATE*

Hey guys, I just got back from a business trip to San Fran. Reporting for action.

Since the announcement, I've been speaking with some big developers in the crypto space in regards to some coin upgrades. The general consensus is that it's going to be hard and it may cost some money for the developers time and skills. With that in mind, I went on a search for the best possible developer for the job. I found 'RelativeSource' who is an extremely competent and experienced coin developer and he is up for the task. Not only that, but he is going to officially join the team as a secondary developer while offering support here on the forums. The only caveat to bringing 'relative' on-board is that he is going to need some initial funding for his time. Once funding is out of the way, RS will be officially brought on the transfer to PoS will begin immediately.

Help crowd fund our transfer to PoS with Bitcoin:
The cost of bringing 'RelativeSource' on-board and beginning immediate updates to the wallet + PoS transfer is going to be 3 BTC.

This fee will cover the following:
  • Bring 'RelativeSouce' on the team as an experienced coin developer. He will be available for support and questions indefinitely.
  • Develop a pure PoS wallet with silk-like GUI and functionality starting immediately.
  • 1:1 exchanging of coins while protecting the new PoS blockchain.
  • Create, setup and maintain the masternode.
  • Servers for hosting nodes.

Einsteinium (EMC2) Crowd Funding Bitcoin Wallet: 1BC7wLcJomTPSNqQM9emiKf9mhf5Le5jJ2
Goal: 3 BTC

ahumanbeingx, I need to ask you a few questions... Are we going to make EmC2 a new BTC2.0 coin or not? Asking because I see only ONE address for community donations and it is BTC address. What's with EmC2 address for donations? Is our future member allergic to EmC2? Why not accepting donations in EmC2? Do we have control of ANN page? If we have, it need to be changed asap, with new community info and donation addresses...

In this way, how do I know for whom I donate and which address. Also, RICH LIST still doesn't work and where is the transparency in this work?

cheers
B.
*UPDATE*

Hey guys, I just got back from a business trip to San Fran. Reporting for action.

Since the announcement, I've been speaking with some big developers in the crypto space in regards to some coin upgrades. The general consensus is that it's going to be hard and it may cost some money for the developers time and skills. With that in mind, I went on a search for the best possible developer for the job. I found 'RelativeSource' who is an extremely competent and experienced coin developer and he is up for the task. Not only that, but he is going to officially join the team as a secondary developer while offering support here on the forums. The only caveat to bringing 'relative' on-board is that he is going to need some initial funding for his time. Once funding is out of the way, RS will be officially brought on the transfer to PoS will begin immediately.

Help crowd fund our transfer to PoS with Bitcoin:
The cost of bringing 'RelativeSource' on-board and beginning immediate updates to the wallet + PoS transfer is going to be 3 BTC.

This fee will cover the following:
  • Bring 'RelativeSouce' on the team as an experienced coin developer. He will be available for support and questions indefinitely.
  • Develop a pure PoS wallet with silk-like GUI and functionality starting immediately.
  • 1:1 exchanging of coins while protecting the new PoS blockchain.
  • Create, setup and maintain the masternode.
  • Servers for hosting nodes.

Einsteinium (EMC2) Crowd Funding Bitcoin Wallet: 1BC7wLcJomTPSNqQM9emiKf9mhf5Le5jJ2
Goal: 3 BTC
Activity: 140
has it been ten days yet lol  Cool Roll Eyes Grin
Activity: 798
yes its a shame, this coin gives to worthy causes, people just wernt to impressed with the amounts raised, well something is better than nothing and the community have contributed toward the donations towards worthy projects. lets get emc2 back up, more cash raised, and some of our time and investments back to in the process  Cool

mintpal is doing spring cleaning and getting rid of the weaker coins since the Vericoin hack almost destroyed them.
my expectation is that many more coins will be chopped from the markets.

if EMC manages to survive the spring cleaning then it should benefit from the reduced selection.

so this coin really needs to continue on with its mission in order to survive.
Jump to: