Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 301. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
hmmm intuition tells me that someone is full of it :/
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

I saw your name in the ann thread and would like to know where you ended it.

Just wanted to make sure this is not another scam of any form.

Read the new DCM thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=636470.1620 that may answer some of your questions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is not the new DCM thread.That is the old thread that was locked.A new thread was started and that was also locked by the devs.

This the new DCM thread    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661876.0

The Core digital commerce Team is listed as
Kreativekrypto,

AhumanbeingX

Aszu

Maybe they got lost in that super decentralised anon system they were supposed to develop?Who knows where they have ended up..Kreativecrypto could be locked in his encrypted wallet and unable to break for freedom.Time will tell where this mystery will unfold but bittrex has delisted this coin so for the moment it looks like you guys have been left on the side of the road.What loon is still voting for digital commerce on poloniex?? Shocked
Activity: 777
Merit: 777
Altbone inc.Burial service for altcoins

Read the new DCM thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=636470.1620 that may answer some of your questions.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is not the new DCM thread.That is the old thread that was locked.A new thread was started and that was also locked by the devs.

This the new DCM thread    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661876.0

The Core digital commerce Team is listed as
Kreativekrypto,

AhumanbeingX

Aszu
RJF
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Online since '89...

The lead dev posted a day ago. You probably know that though.

Where did he post a day ago?
Activity: 141
Why not POW/POS hybrid like HBN has?
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

Who, when and where??

That fucker Jeremy AKA KreativeKrypto still owes me many thousands of dollars!
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
time
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Ladies and gentlemen, Einsteinium will be joining forces with some notable coin developers in order to make a smooth transition from PoW into PoS. Hopefully we can introduce something new and interesting to EMC2 staking.

I'll be working out the details with whomever is chosen to undertake dev tasks and posting updates here. It's my current plan to work with either MindFox or DaSource in order to make this happen ASAP. Now that final voting has ended, things can start picking up again.

Once the PoS implementation is in, we can branch out with multipools and put all the algorithm focus behind us. The next true step for Einsteinium is to create a new system for donating to crowd funded science projects while simultaneously putting buy support on our coin. I have thought about this immensely and I will soon introduce a "white paper" and concept for the new tool.

ahumanbeingx,

Sorry to ask the question.
Are you not part of the DCM scam @ https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7459987

I am not sure it was a scam as the DEV team did say that they were to come back with something in July and as we are still in the month of July time will tell but there has certainly been a serious lack of professionalism and courtesy shown so far and if it does indeed turn out to be a scam many people will have been hurt badly in the process.I am hoping that the DEV team come up with some solution to repair this situation or at least make it possible for a takeover of some kind by allowing access to the codes/keys etc.
legendary
Activity: 1164
Einsteinium Foundation Board Member and Treasurer
The next true step for Einsteinium is to create a new system for donating to crowd funded science projects while simultaneously putting buy support on our coin. I have thought about this immensely and I will soon introduce a "white paper" and concept for the new tool.

Why not simply give them an ''how-to'' use the wallets, ask them the address they have created and send them emc2 directly. you give them informations on how the crypto world works, the mining, the exchanges, how the stakes works and then you show them sites to convert to fiat if they want to now. If they want to wait, you just got new members in the CC world.

We have to let them decide if they want to be part of the CC world or just want the fiat funds.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
ANNOUNCEMENT:

Ladies and gentlemen, Einsteinium will be joining forces with some notable coin developers in order to make a smooth transition from PoW into PoS. Hopefully we can introduce something new and interesting to EMC2 staking.

I'll be working out the details with whomever is chosen to undertake dev tasks and posting updates here. It's my current plan to work with either MindFox or DaSource in order to make this happen ASAP. Now that final voting has ended, things can start picking up again.

Once the PoS implementation is in, we can branch out with multipools and put all the algorithm focus behind us. The next true step for Einsteinium is to create a new system for donating to crowd funded science projects while simultaneously putting buy support on our coin. I have thought about this immensely and I will soon introduce a "white paper" and concept for the new tool.

ahumanbeingx,

Sorry to ask the question.
Are you not part of the DCM scam @ https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7459987

Activity: 221
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
ANNOUNCEMENT:

legendary

What's the plan after the switch to PoS. Any promotion, upgrade to the wallet or features that could bring attention? We know nothing and for the community it's not a good sign.

this coin had an action/rescue plan and a development committee where did they go?

don't tell me they spat the dummy just because they didn't want to change the name.
or was it all just hot air?

I think it was internal conflicts on how to handle things with einsteinium foundation that destroyed everything.
Activity: 798

What's the plan after the switch to PoS. Any promotion, upgrade to the wallet or features that could bring attention? We know nothing and for the community it's not a good sign.

this coin had an action/rescue plan and a development committee where did they go?

don't tell me they spat the dummy just because they didn't want to change the name.
or was it all just hot air?
legendary
I urge you all to watch what is happening with vericoin before moving to PoS.

over the weekend mintpal was hacked 30% of vericoins  (8M) were stolen.
the devs fearing 51% rolled back their blockchain in order to stop the theft.

this has created a huge controversy which can be seen in full detail on the vericoin thread (and the various a news articles)

they did this because if a thief gains 51% of a PoS coin they can have majority control of the coin forever because they can stake and very easily keep creating new coins.

this is not the same thing as a 51% PoW attack which only gives the attacker limited control while they hold 51% of the mining power.

PoS encourages hoarding and centralization of power more so than PoW...
the effects are amplified the smaller the coin.

I expect in the future we will see more PoS coins suffer from this vulnerability

I understand but emc2 need to do something to survive and the majority of people speaking wish for PoS. Will it change the way Emc2 is seen in the CC sphere, i don't know. Algo switch or switching to PoS doesn't do a thing if nobody knows it exist. People need to use it and right now everything is just a big speculative bubble.

What help emc2 prevent the kind of events that happened to VRC is that a lot of coins are already out, so harder for someone to steal the coins and get 51%. The volume is spread on 3 exchanges so i don't think it could happen to this coin but we never know.

indeed the majority of people will only support an action which benefits themselves in the short term.. this is the problem that politicians in all democracies face when they make policy decisions. Its also why we have such a corrupt and broken fiat system.

this is why I gave up arguing the toss on this forum.. I only posted that statement because real world events have demonstrated very clearly how vulnerable PoS can be.

I would rather see the coin prosper and grow in the longer term but if people are willing to risk that for the sake of short term gains then I wont continue to waste my energy arguing... I'll just check in from time to time with a comment here and there.

ultimately if the majority of people get what the want and the price rises in the short term then people like myself who do not support PoS systems in any large way will have a chance to exit the system.

As much as i want emc2 to survive and grow, i still believe that technicality changes won't do much since we need to be known. This change, it's true, is only for short term gain (i hope i'm wrong). We're supposed to be a science coin, why aren't we contacting science magazines, organizations, etc. to get them involved in the coin? They're the ones that will benefit from this coin.
I really hope the switch will help emc2 but after the switch we will probably see a pump then a dump, sadly. This coin was supposed to be one of a kind, now it will become one of many without nothing to differenciate it.

+1

Changing the fundamentals of a coin violates the first axiom of a cryptocurrency, the one which makes a cryptocurrency different (and more reliable) than fiat currencies. It should avoided unless absolutely necessary. We should focus instead on promoting the coin within the scientific community, as I've been repeating for months, this and only this would give the coin a value - anything else are just gambler's speculations. But except a few isolated voices, like the ones which I'm quoting, most of the community which writes on the thread seem not to get it, and hopes that value would appear by magic just by messing with the fundamentals.

Sadly a lot of people don't understand that following a hype don't bring much. Everybody want PoS but who brought any idea on how to help emc2 in any other way? Not a lot, we can clearly see what's happening, people that want to find a way for emc2 to get a pump. Nothing else, is it people looking for quick bucks? Maybe, will it loose it legitimacy? hope not. But without a team behind it and a team promoting it, not much will happen no matter how many changes we make to technical aspect of the coin. We shouldn't be suppose to rely on only one person to give update on the coin.

If the development team need members, we need to find people to fill those seats. Same for the promotion team, we can't stay here waiting for things to change, it won't happen.

So dev we need a good and detailed description of what need to be done to put that train back on track. After that we will be able to work as a community to bring back this coin where it was.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 307
I urge you all to watch what is happening with vericoin before moving to PoS.

over the weekend mintpal was hacked 30% of vericoins  (8M) were stolen.
the devs fearing 51% rolled back their blockchain in order to stop the theft.

this has created a huge controversy which can be seen in full detail on the vericoin thread (and the various a news articles)

they did this because if a thief gains 51% of a PoS coin they can have majority control of the coin forever because they can stake and very easily keep creating new coins.

this is not the same thing as a 51% PoW attack which only gives the attacker limited control while they hold 51% of the mining power.

PoS encourages hoarding and centralization of power more so than PoW...
the effects are amplified the smaller the coin.

I expect in the future we will see more PoS coins suffer from this vulnerability

I understand but emc2 need to do something to survive and the majority of people speaking wish for PoS. Will it change the way Emc2 is seen in the CC sphere, i don't know. Algo switch or switching to PoS doesn't do a thing if nobody knows it exist. People need to use it and right now everything is just a big speculative bubble.

What help emc2 prevent the kind of events that happened to VRC is that a lot of coins are already out, so harder for someone to steal the coins and get 51%. The volume is spread on 3 exchanges so i don't think it could happen to this coin but we never know.

indeed the majority of people will only support an action which benefits themselves in the short term.. this is the problem that politicians in all democracies face when they make policy decisions. Its also why we have such a corrupt and broken fiat system.

this is why I gave up arguing the toss on this forum.. I only posted that statement because real world events have demonstrated very clearly how vulnerable PoS can be.

I would rather see the coin prosper and grow in the longer term but if people are willing to risk that for the sake of short term gains then I wont continue to waste my energy arguing... I'll just check in from time to time with a comment here and there.

ultimately if the majority of people get what the want and the price rises in the short term then people like myself who do not support PoS systems in any large way will have a chance to exit the system.

As much as i want emc2 to survive and grow, i still believe that technicality changes won't do much since we need to be known. This change, it's true, is only for short term gain (i hope i'm wrong). We're supposed to be a science coin, why aren't we contacting science magazines, organizations, etc. to get them involved in the coin? They're the ones that will benefit from this coin.
I really hope the switch will help emc2 but after the switch we will probably see a pump then a dump, sadly. This coin was supposed to be one of a kind, now it will become one of many without nothing to differenciate it.

+1

Changing the fundamentals of a coin violates the first axiom of a cryptocurrency, the one which makes a cryptocurrency different (and more reliable) than fiat currencies. It should avoided unless absolutely necessary. We should focus instead on promoting the coin within the scientific community, as I've been repeating for months, this and only this would give the coin a value - anything else are just gambler's speculations. But except a few isolated voices, like the ones which I'm quoting, most of the community which writes on the thread seem not to get it, and hopes that value would appear by magic just by messing with the fundamentals.
First of all, I want to apologize for my lack of activity here on the message board. After arriving back in the states I was hit with a few situations that needed direct attention (time). Sorry. Over the past few weeks, I've been on contact with several coin developers and people who are willing to help Einsteinium achieve our new purpose. Action is picking up!

Because of my busy schedule and divided attention, I am going to "hiring" a new team to help with marketing and updates. I'm also officially opening the door for a few members who want to be partners in lead responsibility. In doing so, the community can have a steady stream of updates from EMC2.

Official and final announcement for the algorithm poll will come within the next few hours.

As the digital commerce thread is locked I have no option but to ask here what has happened to digital commerce.The website is down,link to wallet is no longer working,thread on ANN is locked,IRC is abandoned and the only exchange left trading digital commerce and that also hosted the IPO is deslisting the coin.People need to know what to do and nobody is helping us?Who do we turn to for direction if the devs are not communicating?
legendary
Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
Activity: 221
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
First of all, I want to apologize for my lack of activity here on the message board. After arriving back in the states I was hit with a few situations that needed direct attention (time). Sorry. Over the past few weeks, I've been on contact with several coin developers and people who are willing to help Einsteinium achieve our new purpose. Action is picking up!

Because of my busy schedule and divided attention, I am going to "hiring" a new team to help with marketing and updates. I'm also officially opening the door for a few members who want to be partners in lead responsibility. In doing so, the community can have a steady stream of updates from EMC2.

Official and final announcement for the algorithm poll will come within the next few hours.

Activity: 588
Merit: 250
any EMC2'ers going to the Chicago 'Bitcoin' Conference?

I did hear there is a sponsorship of an Altcoin called BLU sponsoring the after party in Chicago after the bitcoin conference https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7927320
Jump to: