Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 344. (Read 1076368 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
Great write up on altcoins, including EMC2.

http://www.devtome.com/doku.php?id=a_massive_investigation_of_instamines_and_fastmines_for_the_top_alt_coins

Einsteinium
Einsteinium is a cryptocurrency that has a scientific Foundation alongside the coin's creation, The Einsteinium Foundation, intended to fund scientific research. They plan to do this by requiring 2.5% of all mined currency to be automatically devoted to the Einsteinium Foundation's coffers.

Einsteinium has some bizarre coin mechanisms that make a traditional mining assessment such as we have done here difficult. They use something called “wormhole mechanics”, a gimic really, where a random 180 blocks will be mined at a special 2593 EMC2 coin rate. Coins are currently mined at a rate of 512 coins per block 54).

The first round of blocks received 10747 (I know, there are some errors)coins per block. Because of the aforementioned strange methods of altering the mining amounts, we cannot use our traditional method.

By looking at screenshots of www.coinmarketcap.com, we can get an idea of how many coins were mined early. The first block shows a date of March 1st, 2014 at 6 pm.

The earliest we see EMC2 on the leaderboard is March 19th, showing some 27 million EMC2 created by that point.

One day later, on March 20th, we can see a coin increase of around 1.7 million EMC2…

The next available screenshot of www.coinmarketcap.com isn't until March 26th…

http://i61.tinypic.com/2vjy6c5.png}{{http://i61.tinypic.com/2vjy6c5.png}}

What does this tell us? There will be a little less than 300 million EMC2 produced in time. From March 1st to April 11th, 60 million EMC2 were produced. It's hard to tell what this means exactly. Less than 20% of the coins were created in a month. That seems a little bit problematic. It's not an instamine but it kind of feels like a fast mine. Yet, the coin increases it's “wormhole” event probability as the coin's life goes on, which means by the time the end of the coin production phase nears, there will be wormhole events (i.e. blocks equaling a large 2593 EMCs) all the time. This certainly gives back some advantage from the early adopters and benefits late adopters, a commendable position. But wouldn't giving too much advantage to the late comers be just as unhelpful as giving too much advantage to the first adopters? In addition to their scientific foundation, it is hard to say how to categorize this “ethical” currency in relation to its mining practices.

All in all, ethical coins should be encouraged. We want the cryptocurrency revolution to be more than just making money. But we need to keep our guard up at all times, even if initial reports show that a certain coin appears to be okay.
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
How much is this picture worth?

1 000 000 EMC2 for sure   Wink

I'd say that was worth a little more then 1 000 000 EMC2. He looks so relaxed in the photo, I'd give it 1 000 000 EMC2 and 21 000 000 BTC!
Activity: 147
Merit: 100
Attention P2Pool Node Ops!

P2Pool node OP's if you have the IRC announce enabled for your node, PLEASE disable it!!   it makes it very hard to have a conversation in #einsteinium.org will all the blockfinds.

Also, if there is someone reading this that is an Op in the channel, please join (even if your idle).

Thanks

Sorry about that. Some of that was probably me. I just deployed a node and I didn't notice that channel was set to announce. I've changed it. Sorry again.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

1 000 000 EMC2 for sure   Wink
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
The Top 100 list is not the same now as 2 weeks ago.

According to Cryptsy and Mintpal the $300+ rates are historic lows, according to Market cap and Polonex both of which have a longer history with EMC2, the position has not seen such low values since it's early beginnings at which time that $300+ value wasn't a low but rather a high, at that time the coin was catching waves upward and onward.   

When the coin graduated from a single exchange to multiple exchanges it should have also graduated from the $300 EMC2. 

Maybe if anything you said was relevant at all people would care.
Activity: 588
Merit: 501
The Top 100 list is not the same now as 2 weeks ago.

According to Cryptsy and Mintpal the $300+ rates are historic lows, according to Market cap and Polonex both of which have a longer history with EMC2, the position has not seen such low values since it's early beginnings at which time that $300+ value wasn't a low but rather a high, at that time the coin was catching waves upward and onward.   

When the coin graduated from a single exchange to multiple exchanges it should have also graduated from the $300 EMC2. 

Activity: 350
Merit: 250
https://cryptassist.io
Attention P2Pool Node Ops!

P2Pool node OP's if you have the IRC announce enabled for your node, PLEASE disable it!!   it makes it very hard to have a conversation in #einsteinium.org will all the blockfinds.

Also, if there is someone reading this that is an Op in the channel, please join (even if your idle).

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1988
Yeah I know, I shouldn't do that.

But sometime it's good to pull out what people are thinking low
Activity: 180
This image is for those of you who think everlasting low prices is the answer:

Seriously give it up dude. Most people here don't give a damn about your blah blah and random screenshots. I know EMC2 is way lower than most of us have hoped for but it's far from dying. Instead it's still slowly growing despite some spike and dive.

If you have so much coins, go ahead and dump all you can if you think EMC2 has no future and is dying. We will thank you for handing us that much cheap coins.

legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Picture is worth 1000 words and 1,000,000 EMC2

Hey man,really,can you shut the fuck up please?

Your encouraging some dumper to dump,you re probably trying to dump yourself the price for I don't know why.

Dev working hard,Everything work right,just you,there,spelling some bad word.

You spelling so many bullshit since your there,If you not loving EMC2, hey man, leave ! Your are an adult or not ? You are like a kid playing back his computer trying to get some attention man.

Hey Bud,

Dont feed the trolls. Hes probably just a bit hurt that his EMC2 is only worth 400-500 sat when he probably bought in at 1200+ on the first pump!  Grin

Now hes wishing that EMC2 fails so hes not the only one who loses. Ever here the term "misery loves company"?

I dont see any dumping going on as hard as he tries to prove it I just see some price drop, but no dump.

http://coinia.net/einsteinium/getbalance.php?top=100

These balances are they same today as they were 2 weeks ago. No big holders are dumping, just small miners who mine just for money with no long term goals.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Im in my meagre hashing capacity is being used for good ... I hope Wink

I also join you, haha, we tyr our best to make the coin fly to mooooooooooooon....
Activity: 127
Im in my meagre hashing capacity is being used for good ... I hope Wink
This image is for those of you who think everlasting low prices is the answer:

Activity: 238
Markets EMC2/BTC & EMC2/LTC added:

https://www.swaphole.com/#!market/EMC2/BTC
https://www.swaphole.com/#!market/EMC2/LTC

3 Chart Types - Trailing Stop - 2FA - Fast Support
Activity: 115
Merit: 10

Your encouraging some dumper to dump,you re probably trying to dump yourself the price for I don't know why.

You spelling so many bullshit since your there,If you not loving EMC2, hey man, leave ! Your are an adult or not ? You are like a kid playing back his computer trying to get some attention man

true words
legendary
Activity: 1988

You spelling so many bullshit since your there,If you not loving EMC2, hey man, leave ! Your are an adult or not ? You are like a kid playing back his computer trying to get some attention man.
Activity: 221
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."

Activity: 221
"The only real valuable thing is intuition."
Hello fellow Einsteiners,

Ryan has worked long and hard and I'm proud to announce to the world our first video covering EMC2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cixWuh6AUcc&feature=youtu.be

This is the first in a long list of videos that we have cooking in the back ground. We look forward to your reviews, comments and creative criticism if there is any that is.

Dont forget to share it on your social media pages. Lets get the word out!

Hi, just to note that it would be better that the video will also include the quantity of donation we gathered appart for each project, not only the 2% mining.
Nice video by the way.

Hi there, the video does show the Epoch donation amount in fiat currency. But you are right, we should include the EMC2 coin volume that was converted. There will be new videos for each Epoch winner exclusively and I will include the EMC and fiat amounts as you suggested. Thanks!

Jump to: