Author

Topic: [ANN][EMC2] Einsteinium | FUNDING THE FUTURE WITH THE FUTURE OF CURRENCY - page 431. (Read 1076366 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 250
So i've been debating selling my emc2 for the past few days in order to have more btc to buy blackcoins....but I am sticking with Einsteinium, long-term. No selling here.
Activity: 536
Merit: 252
Sorry for the late response guys I was PM'd by another member and I made a classic mistake of misreading the messages I was getting.

New block detected on the  network - means that a block has been detected but not actually found/mined

New block found - Is the message you get when you've actually mined a block for the coin

I think some of them vary the message a bit which is why I got confused as I only dabble in mining and the technical side of crypto's so sorry to the devs if I've caused any confusion.

LOL. That was a little late.  Grin

I assumed you had figured it all out. Glad to see it makes sense now.

So have you hit any blocks yet?

lmao I've been busy unfortunately! Tongue

Nope, we'll see what happens though if I leave it on all night, will be funny if I hit a block or two.

Busy is better the LAZY!! Smiley

If you dont mind me asking, Why dont you throw your 230KH on a pool, At least then you'll have a steady flow of coins coming in.

Doing that now Tongue But one thing I've always wanted to do is figure out properly how to solo mine and now I know how to configure my config file and everything, it's actually fairly easy to do it once you work it all out, I wonder if I should write a proper tutorial on the damn thing if no one else has already because there are nothing but profit whiners who spam threads when you ask and it's a really obnoxious thing to do.

LOL...

I actually think if you wrote a proper tutorial that it should be pinned. I personally was just taught how to configure the config file. It was an uphill battle but I finally made it. Yaaaay US!
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
Sorry for the late response guys I was PM'd by another member and I made a classic mistake of misreading the messages I was getting.

New block detected on the  network - means that a block has been detected but not actually found/mined

New block found - Is the message you get when you've actually mined a block for the coin

I think some of them vary the message a bit which is why I got confused as I only dabble in mining and the technical side of crypto's so sorry to the devs if I've caused any confusion.

Nope, we'll see what happens though if I leave it on all night, will be funny if I hit a block or two.

If you dont mind me asking, Why dont you throw your 230KH on a pool, At least then you'll have a steady flow of coins coming in.

Doing that now Tongue But one thing I've always wanted to do is figure out properly how to solo mine and now I know how to configure my config file and everything, it's actually fairly easy to do it once you work it all out, I wonder if I should write a proper tutorial on the damn thing if no one else has already because there are nothing but profit whiners who spam threads when you ask and it's a really obnoxious thing to do.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

https://emc2.suprnova.cc

The Day 1 EMC2 Pool
Steady and fast Payouts
Heavy Load approved
Straum+VDiff
Fast US and EU Connections
Over 250MH/s in the Pool

legendary

25 March end vote? When funds wirhdraw to winner project?

First we will need to contact the winner at which point we'll offer the winnings in EMC2. If they decline to take EMC2 then we'll start the process to turn the EMC2 into fiat to be able to make the donation.
Activity: 112
Merit: 11

Shortly after we announce the winner.
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Just to let everyone know Lifeforce.info is experiencing technical issues and it may be some hours till we're back online again. We will be doing a juicy bonus when we return. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Lifeforce.info is back up. We're offering 1% Block Reward Bonus - Starting now.

Found 15 blocks since I posted this, we will be reducing the bonus to 0.5%.  Kiss

Bonus is over for today. May do another one tomorrow @ a random time. Many thanks.

legendary

Just to let everyone know Lifeforce.info is experiencing technical issues and it may be some hours till we're back online again. We will be doing a juicy bonus when we return. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Found 15 blocks since I posted this, we will be reducing the bonus to 0.5%.  Kiss
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1029
p2pool hashes really fast right now! blocks every 3-5 mins!!

Activity: 104
Blake256 an option?, heard good things about it running cooler, and rather then try to be asic resistant, they are working on making it easy to implement merged mining so multiple blockchains can be supported at once.  In theory this would allow asics to be the new gpu bouncing around coin to coin
Activity: 116
Are they any plans how to deliver the fund to the voted project?
I mean, if the winner was near any foundation-member, wouldn't it be nice if a symbolic-cheque was handed over directly at the winners-location (with taking photos etc)?
This can have a huge marketing impact and can also be used on the foundation website for successfully funded projects.

Btw. do you stay in contact with the nominated projects? Backlinks from the project to the foundation website will also attract more people and is a huge gain in integrity.
Activity: 252
Also, if thinking about potential asic resistant pow algorithms consider x11. It drops energy use by 30 to 50 percent. Testing it out, it also makes it feel like an upgrade because hash rate can increase by 3 times. It's easier to switch to for miners because it works easily. I tried vert miner and it was like learning mining all over again.  Standard settings just don't work.  I am really loving the lower temps and less power usage.  The heat factor is really popular with warmer temps coming to the US soon. Just something to think about.

+1. N-scrypt needs a lot of painful tweaking
Here's a great reddit post about X11 and the future of GPU mining. Got it from the Hirocoin community
http://www.reddit.com/r/Hirocoin/comments/215lkd/changing_landscape_for_scrypt/

thanks for bringing this to my attention..
i'll look into it, but i'm already in favour of ASIC resistant algorithm (like x11) for EMC2!
Activity: 574
Merit: 250
Can the code just be added in with an update? Is a hard fork necessary? (if these changes are put in place)

This would require a fork its a new set of algorithms.

Ook.

I've suggested this before, but since the notion of going through a fork has come up I'll suggest it again.

Why not have something like RieCoin POW or Primecoin's POW? Make it so that Einsteinium (ya know, the coin for science and all) is actually supporting science/math through it's proof of work system (looking for primes or cunningham chains or whatnot)

That + asic resistant would be a HUGE eye catcher in my opinion and would be benefiting math..
Jump to: