Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][EXCHANGE] Poloniex - Crypto Exchange with BTC/NXT - page 6. (Read 272217 times)

Activity: 1022
Merit: 683
Love is the answer
Hi together,

yesterday I´ve received an email from Poloniex ([email protected]) - is this a legit email-adress?

Anyway that´s the content:

Hello,

We recently updated our Poloniex User Agreement. We have also introduced a Cookie Policy and E-Sign Consent.

The new User Agreement will become applicable to your use of the Poloniex service on November 2, 2018 so please familiarize yourself with it before then.

The changes to the User Agreement are designed to provide you with greater clarity and certainty surrounding your use of the Poloniex services and form part of the Poloniex team's continuous effort to improve the performance of the exchange and to better serve our customers.

We greatly appreciate your support as we work to continuously improve the experience on Poloniex.

Best,

The Poloniex Team

Opening the hyperlink at "User Agreement" a loooong long page opens: https://poloniex.com/terms/ (Printing this would probably cost the nature a 100-yr-old tree.)

And now the introductional sentences came quite confusing to me:

If you are signing up for Poloniex on or after October 18, 2018, this User Agreement shall be effective immediately. If you signed up for Poloniex prior to October 18, 2018, this User Agreement shall be effective on November 18, 2018 and the User Agreement effective until that date can be found here.

THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER THAT IMPACT YOUR RIGHTS ABOUT HOW TO RESOLVE DISPUTES. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.

The websites and the services offered by Poloniex (as defined below) are NOT addressed to persons who have their registered office or place of residence in China, Germany, Pakistan, the U.S. states of New Hampshire, New York or Washington, Vietnam or any other Restricted Territories as defined in Section 37.

Well, I do have a place of residence in Germany, does this new "User Agreement" tell us German residents that we will not longer be able to register "on or after October 18, 2018" as well as cannot use Poloniex´ services from November 18,2018 "If you signed up for Poloniex  prior to October 18, 2018," ?
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13

It would also appear they have permanently disabled withdrawal of EMC2 which was not supposed to happen until 10/25. Bad news for those of us who had EMC2 on Polo.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1032
I hope Poloniex reconsider XBC for a relisting in the near future.After a years intensive development and major changes to both the codebase and organisational structure it would be great to see it relisted there.
legendary
Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708
Been a while since I've actually used Poloniex.

However I am reading about of panic on Reddit and Bitmex Trollbox about Poloniex disabling BTC withdraws. Something about running out of BTC due to the huge tether mess that happened a few days ago.

Anyone got any more info when this situation will get resolved?
Activity: 2226
Merit: 270
Chainjoes.com
Support not answering for 4 days, my account fully verified and after withdrawal try account blocked... nobody can help me?
I Wish all exchanges should learn from poloniex. Leadership matters in any project, some exchanges had fallen just exactly this way and never recover. My only fear is binance now.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Support not answering for 4 days, my account fully verified and after withdrawal try account blocked... nobody can help me?
vdj
Activity: 56
Poloniex has already made delisting of coins, although a month ago the coins were removed from the exchange at 23:59, and now at about 4:30 pm.
Poloniex, you fucking devils. This exchange sold the soul to the devil, I will never again deal with scam like Polo.
Friends, now a huge choice of exchanges for trade. With 100% certainty, I can say that Poloniyx is one of the hujih crypto exchanges, besides, I have no proof, but I'm sure that the exchange is involved in price manipulation.
Activity: 392
Merit: 28
2-3 years ago, Poloniex was one of the best exchanges,with a small Commission and a large selection of tokens,today,I agree ,one of the worst exchanges,support feedback has to wait at least 2 weeks.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
I just tested Poloniex again today.  

The deposits didn't count right... I didn't figure it was going to credit, but low and behold the deposits started counting (slowly) after Poloniex swept the coins to a different address (they charged the cost of moving the coins on their end to the customer, but whatever I'd do it too).

I sold ETC for Bitcoins.  *this is where I get nervous because my big past issues were withdraws*

Withdrew the Bitcoins within 5 minutes.  None of that "Pending Approval" stuff & waiting over a month for that approval.

I also opened a ticket for CLAM being down because I thought it was due to a public Block Explorer being down.  I got a reply same day from their support explaining:

"Thanks for letting us know that the explorer is back up.  We are currently undergoing unscheduled maintenance with the CLAM wallet.  Our engineers are working to bring this back online as soon as possible."

It's refreshing not to be left in the dark.  Thanks Poloniex.
Activity: 700
Merit: 330

This is a shame.

Poloniex is acting really like bittrex did, stealing users funds. We still can deposit but we can't withdraw anything.

Still can't believe that.

I'm waiting for my Stellar withdrawal for 7.5 months already. The support knows about the problem, keeps saying they are working on this, but nothing happens for months. Does anybody still have any trust in Poloniex?

I think the sooner everyone leaves Poloniex the better it will be for all of us. Hopefully the message will get out there and that Poloniex will stop attracting new users and it will die a slow death.

Finally Poloniex refunded my withdrawal, after 9 months of waiting.

Very sad that I had to wait that long, but I'm happy to get my coins back.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1

This is a shame.

Poloniex is acting really like bittrex did, stealing users funds. We still can deposit but we can't withdraw anything.

I'm waiting for my Stellar withdrawal for 7.5 months already. The support knows about the problem, keeps saying they are working on this, but nothing happens for months. Does anybody still have any trust in Poloniex?

I think the sooner everyone leaves Poloniex the better it will be for all of us. Hopefully the message will get out there and that Poloniex will stop attracting new users and it will die a slow death.
Activity: 700
Merit: 330

This is a shame.

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
I just got the email saying my account is locked.
I didn't even get that kind of notification Lips sealed
I found out mine was locked when I logged in early this month
last time I used it late march, I can still lend, trade and withdraw just fine
Has the same problem as I was a legacy account - got verified last week - trading is working again now, shame I was out of the country when it all kicked off =(
Activity: 1232
Merit: 738
Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com
I didn't even get that kind of notification Lips sealed
I found out mine was locked when I logged in early this month
last time I used it late march, I can still lend, trade and withdraw just fine
I think Poloniex is not accepting Govt issued IDs other then Passport.

I submitted Govt issued Voter ID card but My Verification was rejected stating that its not supported ID type , where as its clearly stated in verification process Note that it accepts Govt issued ID proofs

https://ibb.co/gCOEfJ

Acceptable ID Types

Use a valid, non-expired passport, drive's license, or other government-issued ID, if using a passport ID card, select "identity card"option when seleting an ID type.

Poloniex has to address this issue, what if user doesn't has passport Id proof?

POLONIEX you are doing all wrong.

This is a little bit short sighted, many people don't have a passport or a driver's license or an ID card or any form of government issued ID. Some other form of 'official' ID should be included in there list, but I guess (and this is a bit of a generalization) people who don't have any form of official ID probably don't have the funds to trade in cryptocurrency.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1051
ICO? Not even once.

They basically pulled a bittrex.

It's outrageous that they freeze funds until they accept verifications and doesn't let legacy users withdraw their funds.. I mean they are literally incentivized to decline verifications for whatever reason because that means they can steal your funds. That's a huge conflict that both bittrex and now polo abuses to scam users.
Activity: 41
I think Poloniex is not accepting Govt issued IDs other then Passport.

I submitted Govt issued Voter ID card but My Verification was rejected stating that its not supported ID type , where as its clearly stated in verification process Note that it accepts Govt issued ID proofs

https://ibb.co/gCOEfJ

Acceptable ID Types

Use a valid, non-expired passport, drive's license, or other government-issued ID, if using a passport ID card, select "identity card"option when seleting an ID type.

Poloniex has to address this issue, what if user doesn't has passport Id proof?

POLONIEX you are doing all wrong.
Activity: 1442
Merit: 578

This is a shame.

not really,,,
 bittrex bill straight up stole users coins while poloniex gave us like a 6-9 month window where they made it crystal clear what was about to happen. Wink ^crypto died today>>>*have a nice summer*

Are you joking?

Poloniex did NOT "made it crystal clear what was about to happen". They wrote that they where going to implement kyc in 2018 but withdraw should remain open even without verfication. I remember that news on poloniex side box very well.

Instead the did exactly as bittrex... deposit open and withdraw full closed.

This is a shame.

It's still a bit of the Wild West out there in crypto land, looks like the Chinese did get it right and shut down exchanges to protect people from, if not outright scams, at least from badly run exchanges.
Pages:
Jump to: