Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][FIRE] FireCoin- 97K Fire - POS - Developer leaving - page 2. (Read 78322 times)

Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications
FIRE 4.0 wallet download here:

We're at block 33611 now, so realistically the fork will probably come before 33620.  Keep in mind that the block explorers will continue showing the old fork until they update.

Less than 30 mins, then the 4.0 wallet will be released.
Activity: 383
Merit: 250
We're at block 33611 now, so realistically the fork will probably come before 33620.  Keep in mind that the block explorers will continue showing the old fork until they update.
Applications
2 hours from now, will be the update to the new client (v4.0).
Chain is running smooth. Smiley

Waiting for the new wallet.

New release later tonight, about 12 hours from now. Will post here & Twitter, 2 hours before & then 30 minutes before. All old wallets will not work (2.0 & 3.0), you will need to update to the new clients (v4.0).

Quick clarification, old wallets will still "work" in the sense that they will be able to continue communicating with each other and continue generating blocks on the old fork, they will just not be able to establish connections with the new wallet (v4.0).  That's why it's important for everyone to switch to 4.0 ASAP to try and minimize POS block conflicts.  The good news is that once you're on v4, you can't connect to anything older, so it's like those old forks don't exist  Grin
Applications

New release later tonight, about 12 hours from now. Will post here & Twitter, 2 hours before & then 30 minutes before. All old wallets will not work (2.0 & 3.0), you will need to update to the new clients (v4.0).
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

Applications
Excellent work guys!! Can't wait to test out new wallet! Fire it up---LOL.

I think it should be ready tomorrow & will post to twitter again, so no one misses out.

My wallet now is starting to have enough inputs open to push the blockchain along as well Smiley

The blockchain is one of the main reasons we are forking it, there are two chains other than the correct one & that needs to be fixed. Sounds like the new 4.0 wallet will block all old nodes (bad nodes & chains) & everyone will have to be on the 4.0 wallet, if we would have let it sit any longer..

Activity: 364
Excellent work guys!! Can't wait to test out new wallet! Fire it up---LOL.
Activity: 373
My wallet now is starting to have enough inputs open to push the blockchain along as well Smiley
Applications
Will there be a Linux version of the new wallet released in the future?

As long as the source is posted, just compile your own.

As done with TECH, everything will be on github. I'm in the process of creating a new website for FIRE as well, just something to keep all the info easily accessible for the community & any designs or videos the community might want to create would really help (my artistic graphics designs are not very good). As with TECH, this isn't a ICO/IPO/ITO or any type of development funds were created & its all up to the community where this coin (app) goes (for the most part). Many are resorting to gambling to create funds to use for development, but feel that isn't what this one needs & will find other ways to build with something for anyone (all walks of life). There are many other ways to build something good here, it's not going to just happen overnight & will take much time/effort. Seeing a few ideas of FIRE element & others together might be part of the future for FIRE, but nothing is set in stone.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

As long as the source is posted, just compile your own.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Applications
Hey guys, Testing Crypto and I have been working and testing a new wallet the past few days, and we're just about ready to release it.  Here are a few facts we want everyone to know:

• The wallet will be a hard fork, designated v4.0.  On Friday morning we will look at the blockchain and see where it stands, and at that time we will post an announcement that we are going to upload the wallet at block x, at which time we will turn on our wallets.  We feel this is fair as it gives everyone following time to be prepared.  We will announce the exact block on which we plan to start the new fork so everyone following has a chance to start minting new POS blocks at the same time as Testing and I.
  • The new wallet will reject all connections from previous versions.  This will ensure a clean reboot, and that new POS blocks don't get rejected by the network.  It also means that old clients will continue to mint blocks and create an incompatible fork.  Hopefully enough users will update and the old fork will die off.
  • Windows and Mac versions will be available
  • The most important change is that we are reducing the maturity level from 24 hours to 1 hour, and reducing the number of confirmations from 60 to 15.  This means that coins will be eligible to stake sooner, and will be released from stake sooner, to keep the blockchain moving at a steady rate.
  • The in-wallet trading has been removed.  There are currently no longer any exchanges anyway, and we don't care about gimmicks, we want functionality.
  • We are delaying a new OP for at least one week.  We want active community members to help us test this new fork and make sure that it's functional before we try to attract new members. Your assistance and feedback will be crucial!

Thanks everybody!  Let's keep stoking this FIRE!

If you have any questions about anything, please feel free to post or send a PM. Like cecilbdemented stated "We want active community members to help us test this new fork and make sure that it's functional before we try to attract new members. Your assistance and feedback will be crucial!".
Hey guys, Testing Crypto and I have been working and testing a new wallet the past few days, and we're just about ready to release it.  Here are a few facts we want everyone to know:

• The wallet will be a hard fork, designated v4.0.  On Friday morning we will look at the blockchain and see where it stands, and at that time we will post an announcement that we are going to upload the wallet at block x, at which time we will turn on our wallets.  We feel this is fair as it gives everyone following time to be prepared.  We will announce the exact block on which we plan to start the new fork so everyone following has a chance to start minting new POS blocks at the same time as Testing and I.
  • The new wallet will reject all connections from previous versions.  This will ensure a clean reboot, and that new POS blocks don't get rejected by the network.  It also means that old clients will continue to mint blocks and create an incompatible fork.  Hopefully enough users will update and the old fork will die off.
  • Windows and Mac versions will be available
  • The most important change is that we are reducing the maturity level from 24 hours to 1 hour, and reducing the number of confirmations from 60 to 15.  This means that coins will be eligible to stake sooner, and will be released from stake sooner, to keep the blockchain moving at a steady rate.
  • The in-wallet trading has been removed.  There are currently no longer any exchanges anyway, and we don't care about gimmicks, we want functionality.
  • We are delaying a new OP for at least one week.  We want active community members to help us test this new fork and make sure that is functional before we try to attract new members.  Your assistance and feedback will be crucial!

Thanks everybody!  Let's keep stoking this FIRE!
legendary
Everybody please keep watching the thread.  We're going to fork the coin so coins will mature faster and minted coins will confirm faster so the blockchain will speed up, but we also need help by getting as many staking wallets on the new fork as possible.

OK, once on new chain I will break mine into smaller amounts so chain will move along nicely. Excellent news!

I remember exactly I have break my coins into blocks of 20-30 coins in October or November. And then I did not pay attention to coincontrol. And now I have opened my coincontrol and saw that all the blocks again gathered in one pile. How is that possible? Smiley  We must also check auto block split function.

We are testing the new wallet now, will keep you posted & thinking that Friday will be a required update & new ANN thread will be created.

Great NEWS! Thanks for your hard work, guys! Smiley
Nothing better than a new finely crafted ANN thread! Smiley Thanks for the efforts guys Smiley
Applications
Everybody please keep watching the thread.  We're going to fork the coin so coins will mature faster and minted coins will confirm faster so the blockchain will speed up, but we also need help by getting as many staking wallets on the new fork as possible.

OK, once on new chain I will break mine into smaller amounts so chain will move along nicely. Excellent news!

I remember exactly I have break my coins into blocks of 20-30 coins in October or November. And then I did not pay attention to coincontrol. And now I have opened my coincontrol and saw that all the blocks again gathered in one pile. How is that possible? Smiley  We must also check auto block split function.

We are testing the new wallet now, will keep you posted & thinking that Friday will be a required update & new ANN thread will be created.
legendary

legendary
In the meantime, anyone that reads this. Go ahead and get your wallet online and contact friends to do the same Smiley

Already. Smiley
In the meantime, anyone that reads this. Go ahead and get your wallet online and contact friends to do the same Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: