Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][FIRE] FireCoin- 97K Fire - POS - Developer leaving - page 4. (Read 78322 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

A simple fix for the configuration is reservebalance=. gen=0 is for proof of work only, as far as I know, and no longer applicable. Reservebalance will not allow anything below that number to stake.

Thanks Biomech, was actually just pointing out that the command line for PoS doesn't differ from each other (unless it's a wallet coded from scratch or a change in code through a push on github). 90+ faucets, you would think this wouldn't be a problem & might just be a way of testing what a person has to go through to get added to Multifaucet (customer care). I was going to send a tip, something like it would cost to get on CryptoID block explorer & so glad I waited for a personal test. Can't really complain, it's a free block explorer & faucet (not sure if that's a + or not)? It does look like Block Experts has made a few upgrades to their site, but thought a faucet could help those who use them & give a little redis since there is no exchange.

Nice you guys. I like to see new posts for one and that others are still interested in firecoin for two. What can we do to bring this back from the dead?
Activity: 614
Merit: 506
Applications

A simple fix for the configuration is reservebalance=. gen=0 is for proof of work only, as far as I know, and no longer applicable. Reservebalance will not allow anything below that number to stake.

Thanks Biomech, was actually just pointing out that the command line for PoS doesn't differ from each other (unless it's a wallet coded from scratch or a change in code through a push on github). 90+ faucets, you would think this wouldn't be a problem & might just be a way of testing what a person has to go through to get added to Multifaucet (customer care). I was going to send a tip, something like it would cost to get on CryptoID block explorer & so glad I waited for a personal test. Can't really complain, it's a free block explorer & faucet (not sure if that's a + or not)? It does look like Block Experts has made a few upgrades to their site, but thought a faucet could help those who use them & give a little redis since there is no exchange.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
ok that is nice. my wallet shows always syncing but then stakes with no problem. Always says 95540 blocks remaining.

I"m guessing here, but I'm thinking it likely that the blocks are taking a long time because of low network connections. I've seen this with TRK. The height is correct, but the wallet thinks it's not due to checkpointing being way behind the clock. I don't have FIRE open at the moment, as I'm migrating computers, but I'd bet that is the case. Have a look at how long it's been since the last block, and if it's fairly long, that is probably the case.
ok that is nice. my wallet shows always syncing but then stakes with no problem. Always says 95540 blocks remaining.
Activity: 614
Applications
Ok, so now what???

Wish I knew. The code works, and quite well, so probably the next step is some form of promotion.

Just waiting for someone to show interest in FIRE, many coins (apps) are in lack of community & development. Promotion would be the best way to start, sure the timing just isn't right at the moment.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
Ok, so now what???

Wish I knew. The code works, and quite well, so probably the next step is some form of promotion.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005
I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!
Gimme some nodes please.
Ok, so now what???
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
Im not totally sure... But I think we may have an exchange https://www.coins-e.com/exchange/FIRE_BTC/

There's a guy in another coin thread that says that that exchange stole his coins and has a history of doing it.

I know people who are involved, and I find that highly unlikely. They are not a great exchange, but they're not scammers. Everyone gotta start somewhere.
Activity: 478
Merit: 125
Im not totally sure... But I think we may have an exchange https://www.coins-e.com/exchange/FIRE_BTC/

There's a guy in another coin thread that says that that exchange stole his coins and has a history of doing it.
What is the latest config file? Thanks.
legendary
Anarchy is not chaos.
A coin is not dead if there are new blocks being staked/mined. Smiley

I haven't fired up my wallet in a while. Just did, and it's syncing without issue. I'd say it's not dead just yet Cheesy
Activity: 373
A coin is not dead if there are new blocks being staked/mined. Smiley
So is firecoin dead? Please let me know if anyone is still interested in this coin or not. Thanks.

I just made an account and contacted them in regards to this. I tried to make a deposit addy but couldn't. Will keep you posted.

update: it has been put in maintenance mode and will not be coming back online. damn.
For some reason I have never gotten any message from you crypto. I have the twitter for you if you want.

Thanks, I will check into it & work on cleaning it up for the FIRE community. It should belong to the FIRE community always, so if a team or business wants to rebuild FIRE. I'll give them the account, also if the community wants a new ANN & the login info, that can be done as well.

P.S. Would you be willing to give the FIRE community the Reddit page as well, the community would have to buy the website, as that would have cost something to purchase the domain. Would you know how long the website domain is good till, maybe a few updates on there in the near future as well? Maybe an access/login just to make updates, in the future?

**Just some ideas to help the community rebuild**

Reddit was created by someone else I believe.

Any chance Tom14cat14 of coming back and helping out firecoin?

Nope! I am so glad I am out of alt coins and this mess.

Sorry to hear that. I thought that you were one of the most honest devs out there. I understand though. Take care.
Activity: 357
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
For some reason I have never gotten any message from you crypto. I have the twitter for you if you want.

Thanks, I will check into it & work on cleaning it up for the FIRE community. It should belong to the FIRE community always, so if a team or business wants to rebuild FIRE. I'll give them the account, also if the community wants a new ANN & the login info, that can be done as well.

P.S. Would you be willing to give the FIRE community the Reddit page as well, the community would have to buy the website, as that would have cost something to purchase the domain. Would you know how long the website domain is good till, maybe a few updates on there in the near future as well? Maybe an access/login just to make updates, in the future?

Nope! I am so glad I am out of alt coins and this mess.

Pages:
Jump to: