Author

Topic: [ANN][GNT] Golem Project - The world’s most powerful supercomputer - page 113. (Read 380794 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 330

Golem about to enter the Top10.

In my opinion, Golem is truly destined to be on the top 10 without a doubt.

Jepp.

But they don't even have a working app...

There was an attempt by Apple several years ago to create a network for what Golem now calls Brass Golem (distributed 3D-rendering), but that task was so technically challenging, that Apple finally gave it up. Do you believe that Golem team can do this?

Interesting, didnt know about that Apple thing. When was that? Had they distributed Blockchains at their disposal? You know the Blockchain-invention changed quite a bit when it comes to decentralized tasks.

Regarding the Top10. I don't think that Lisk, Waves or Maidsafe deserve to be Top10. So i am completely fine with Golem entering Top10 and kicking Maidsafe out of Top10.

It was called Xgrid: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xgrid

It was proprietary, no blockchain. But blockchain is not needed for distributed computing anyway, Golem uses it as a ledger for GNT tokens, as a part of payment system.

Interesting.

When it come to valuation of such a project, it's a combination of two factors: a.) likelihood of success and b.) Valuation in terms of (eventually groundbreaking success).

Nearly 80 million market cap is significantly overvalued at the current state of the project. I was thinking that 20 million is too much and may be 10-12 million is close to what they really cost considering all risks. But at 80 million they are not interesting for me. To cost 80 million they need to release a beta version at least.
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

Jepp.

There was an attempt by Apple several years ago to create a network for what Golem now calls Brass Golem (distributed 3D-rendering), but that task was so technically challenging, that Apple finally gave it up. Do you believe that Golem team can do this?

Interesting, didnt know about that Apple thing. When was that? Had they distributed Blockchains at their disposal? You know the Blockchain-invention changed quite a bit when it comes to decentralized tasks.

Regarding the Top10. I don't think that Lisk, Waves or Maidsafe deserve to be Top10. So i am completely fine with Golem entering Top10 and kicking Maidsafe out of Top10.

It was proprietary, no blockchain. But blockchain is not needed for distributed computing anyway, Golem uses it as a ledger for GNT tokens, as a part of payment system.

Interesting.

When it come to valuation of such a project, it's a combination of two factors: a.) likelihood of success and b.) Valuation in terms of (eventually groundbreaking success).

Jepp.

It was proprietary, no blockchain. But blockchain is not needed for distributed computing anyway, Golem uses it as a ledger for GNT tokens, as a part of payment system. And it uses Ethereum blockchain and doesn't have its own.
ImI
legendary

Jepp.

Jepp.

Activity: 315
Merit: 250
Can anyone direct me to the web wallet download, I can't find it on the website, thanks,

There is no official wallet for Golem as of now,you can try default MEW or mist

Thanks, is there a Minimum amount of GNT that can be sent from MEW ? I just tried 13 GNT and it was sent OK to Poloniex, but 10 GNT didn't get sent.

Its a wallet,you can have even 1 GNT,it will work fine,but the gas fees will be more than that

Ok thanks, I was just making sure the MEW was working OK before I send the bulk of my GNT from Poloniex to MEW.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Can anyone direct me to the web wallet download, I can't find it on the website, thanks,

Thanks, is there a Minimum amount of GNT that can be sent from MEW ? I just tried 13 GNT and it was sent OK to Poloniex, but 10 GNT didn't get sent.

Its a wallet,you can have even 1 GNT,it will work fine,but the gas fees will be more than that

ImI
legendary

Jepp.
Activity: 567
Merit: 503

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

ImI
legendary

Activity: 383
Golem's huge pump makes the price more nice, I am quite happy with the price, especially my order at 18k sat got filled yesterday. Lucky bastard.  Grin
Activity: 784
Merit: 506
GNT is up almost 100% in the past 7 days with no news from the dev team. In cryptoworld, 99% of the time this is a pump & dump

Also, I had correctly predicted GNT price decrease more than a month ago, when GNT suddenly went from 2K to 4K. You can look at my past posts in this thread.

That doesn't really mean anything, every coin is pretty much up that much if not more.  Lots of money is following into alts of every kind.  This might be the case if only GNT was on a rise and everything else was down.
Activity: 434
Merit: 257
Are there any statistics or any data that what has the alpha been used for? Like how many computing tasks has been executed, their GNT price etc?

Nothing about this?
Activity: 669
Merit: 520
it doesn't justify my maths.

if you put buy order with 1 btc each, for 20,000 gnt, you will still get lower rate, and I believe there was plenty of supply to fill 20k gnt at much lower rate.

just in case if you want to experiment, try to buy 1 GNT for 20k satoshi, and you can cross check this later in your orderbook/history that what rate was applied.
Activity: 896
Merit: 251
it was an error, the guy want to buy 1000 btc at 2000 sat not 20K sorry for him.

You talking about what guy it looking confusing what he want to buy BTC or GNT. How you know this what he want to buy there.
Activity: 310
it was an error, the guy want to buy 1000 btc at 2000 sat not 20K sorry for him.

do you have any source/authenticity for this?
I don't think that's the case.

What is the reason for you??
Activity: 669
Merit: 520

do you have any source/authenticity for this?
I don't think that's the case.
Jump to: