Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin | On Bittrex now! - page 12. (Read 83604 times)

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
September 27, 2014, 03:01:53 PM
I'm unsure of where they are going as well.

I'm also wonder where they are.
Activity: 190
Merit: 100
★ BitClave ICO. Join NOW ★
September 27, 2014, 02:22:51 PM
I'm unsure of where they are going as well.
legendary
Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012
September 27, 2014, 11:02:53 AM
Anyone know why Allcoins wallet is set to frozen?

They are updating.

What has dev new plans?

We are working on a carbon exchange, as well as updating our wallet to include said exchange and aesthetic updates in general.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
September 27, 2014, 11:00:31 AM
What has dev new plans?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
September 27, 2014, 10:55:33 AM
Anyone know why Allcoins wallet is set to frozen?
legendary
September 27, 2014, 09:34:31 AM
but RBY is going PoS
[/quote

Upon which his pool will be switching to LTC or something else (it's mentioned on there )
Activity: 656
Go Jupiter!
September 27, 2014, 01:38:34 AM
Merged mining is like a Physics class to me.

I remember most of my Physics classes. The explaination given by the teacher was alway crystal clear. But later I was unable to do the homeworks because somehow I was unable to translate the theory to pratical examples.  Sad

Same thing for merged mining. I understand the basics (I think) but I'm confused with the "How to".

I understand that I will mine GRE and another major coin at the same time (correct me if I'm wrong!). If I take BeMining as example, I will mine RBY and GRE at the same time (and maybe 5 other coins??). There is no registration so I use my RBY adress as username. OK but... how will I receive the GRE coins?

Another question, if I want to calculate the profitability of ming GRE, do I take the current difficulty of GRE or the dif. of RBY? Do each coin keep their own difficulty?

Hey, owner of bemining.net here. You are mining all 7 coins at the same time. You set your miner with your Ruby address, start the miner. Then, visit http://bemining.net/stats and copy/paste your Ruby address (may take ~5 minutes for your stats to show). Once there, you will see a list of all the merge-mined coins for you to enter your address. Follow those instructions. Upon that coin finding a block, you will get a payout after the block matures and the payout cycle runs. More on Merged Mining (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merged_mining_specification)

If you have any questions or concerns, come hit me up in #bemining. I'm sigwo or bemining_op there.
Activity: 294
September 27, 2014, 12:59:59 AM
Merged mining is like a Physics class to me.

I remember most of my Physics classes. The explaination given by the teacher was alway crystal clear. But later I was unable to do the homeworks because somehow I was unable to translate the theory to pratical examples.  Sad

Same thing for merged mining. I understand the basics (I think) but I'm confused with the "How to".

I understand that I will mine GRE and another major coin at the same time (correct me if I'm wrong!). If I take BeMining as example, I will mine RBY and GRE at the same time (and maybe 5 other coins??). There is no registration so I use my RBY adress as username. OK but... how will I receive the GRE coins?

Another question, if I want to calculate the profitability of ming GRE, do I take the current difficulty of GRE or the dif. of RBY? Do each coin keep their own difficulty?
legendary
September 27, 2014, 12:34:23 AM
Our stratum should be working properly and has begun to accept blocks and payout.

Check the official pool (weminealtcoins.com) for details.

Thanks all!
Go Jupiter!
Go Jupiter!
September 26, 2014, 06:04:52 PM
Go Jupiter!
September 26, 2014, 06:03:13 PM
Probably not much hash anywhere but my pool right now.... My pool is working great, paying GRE, and merged mining 5 other coins, along with Rubycoin main chain. Link in signature.
legendary
September 26, 2014, 05:43:58 PM
surprise, no payouts from weminealtcoins.com:3333 blocks 1501**
everything was fine not long before,
i still see my address on the list, but no coins coming last hour

Can you give me your address?

Also, we are updating the block explorer.

pm'd

Looking into it. Also, please let me know your intended payout and I will personally pay you the GRE that you lose as a result of this error. Thank you.

forget it, not much, you may easily see my 30MH on the pool graph,
i stopped for couple hours then tried for about 40 min
to check if everything is fine, and suprisingly it's not.
the question is what's up with the pool or my wallet or what?

GreenCoin has a very complicated subsidy function that hasn't been used, and what people don't know is that the pool software actually determines how to send payments (and in the case of a p2pool actually does the math to distribute those payments).

If you have that 30 MH/s, I suggest solo mining and ensuring you get the coins that way. I am working to improve the function, which we can see here:

Code:
 greencoin=math.Object(
+        P2P_PREFIX='fbc0b6db'.decode('hex'),
+        P2P_PORT=11036,
+        ADDRESS_VERSION=38,
+        RPC_PORT=21036,
+        RPC_CHECK=defer.inlineCallbacks(lambda bitcoind: defer.returnValue(
+ 'greencoinaddress' in (yield bitcoind.rpc_help()) and
+ not (yield bitcoind.rpc_getinfo())['testnet']
+        )),
+        SUBSIDY_FUNC=lambda height: __import__('gre_subsidy').GetBlockBaseValue(height),
+        POW_FUNC=lambda data: pack.IntType(256).unpack(__import__('ltc_scrypt').getPoWHash(data)),
+        BLOCK_PERIOD=63, # s
+        SYMBOL='GRE',
+ CONF_FILE_FUNC = lambda: os.path.join(os.path.join(os.environ['APPDATA'], 'greencoin') if platform.system() == 'Windows' else os.path.expanduser('~/Library/Application Support/greencoin/') if platform.system() == 'Darwin' else os.path.expanduser('~/.greencoin'), 'greencoin.conf'),
+        BLOCK_EXPLORER_URL_PREFIX='https://ccc.hashaxe.com/explorer/block/',
+        ADDRESS_EXPLORER_URL_PREFIX='https://ccc.hashaxe.com/explorer/address/',
+        TX_EXPLORER_URL_PREFIX='https://ccc.hashaxe.com/explorer/tx/',
+        SANE_TARGET_RANGE=(2**256//1000000000 - 1, 2**256//1000 - 1),
+        DUMB_SCRYPT_DIFF=2**16,
+        DUST_THRESHOLD=1e8,
+ CHARITY_ADDRESS='AD3325CA903AC90A5D936358C1C34609A030DFEB'.decode('hex')
legendary
September 26, 2014, 05:21:12 PM

pm'd

Looking into it. Also, please let me know your intended payout and I will personally pay you the GRE that you lose as a result of this error. Thank you.
legendary
September 26, 2014, 05:12:45 PM

legendary
September 26, 2014, 04:05:16 PM
At this point, everyone MUST be operating on the new version. Merged Mining has begun so the chain is effectively different.

If you haven't, update NOW.

Thanks all.
September 26, 2014, 12:47:58 PM
I'm trying to setup a pool, is there anything I need to do in particular to get it to accept blocks that I've found?

If you message me, I can help you get setup.
September 26, 2014, 12:39:44 PM
Why you all updating your pools, can you make the minimum difficulty = 128? This is to make it compatible again with NiceHash. See this post for details: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8777393

The vardiff on our MPOS pool was set like this; I honestly wasn't sure what our p2pool is set as. I'll be sure that the vardiff is set as suggested. Thank you.

The problem with setting the min-diff that high is that there are still a significant amount of miners that mine with less than 1 MH/s out there on alt-coins. There are very few people that mine with paid-miners or have large rigs. I have set the starting diff to 128, and the low end to 32; however many times people don't understand why they are not submitting shares with their GPU.

P2pool doesn't have a vardiff strategy, it simply has a set share level relative to the difficulty I believe. Ergo, anyone with low power will likely submit few shares and those with big miners will see a good amount. If you're worried about paying for miners and mining on the pool, then point them to the p2pool address, otherwise I'll likely leave the Stratum stuff set as it is. Keep in mind, p2pool is LONG-Poll.
legendary
September 26, 2014, 10:56:13 AM
So unlike a standard coin that takes a percentage, you need special stratums to manage it

Correct, because of the fact that it isn't a standard charity value. Instead, the stratum has to allow for the sending of the 50% as part of the coinbase, instead.
Activity: 434
September 26, 2014, 10:48:20 AM
So unlike a standard coin that takes a percentage, you need special stratums to manage it
Pages:
Jump to: