Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin | On Bittrex now! - page 11. (Read 83604 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
October 02, 2014, 04:06:35 PM
Hey guys, we updated to the latest version about 5 days ago.  Should be current and correct.  I've pasted the Version information below.  Let me know if anything looks off.

"version" : 90100,
    "protocolversion" : 70006,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
legendary
Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012
October 02, 2014, 03:41:53 PM
Everyone:

I have re-enabled the P2pool however because there are 0 other connections into the world, it is about 3-4 seconds behind in finding blocks. I attempted to brute-force a block with some serious hashing power but no go. IF anyone runs a server wallet for GRE can you please host the p2pool server as well? You can git the software from here : https://github.com/ahmedbodi/p2pool-dev-fee (Thanks Ahmed). It should run pretty close to out of the box, I had to do a few things to make it work for me, so if you get stuck I can help.

tested.
blocks being found but i've no payouts.
and all blocks are found too easy which looks like wrong chain.
where's working block explorer ?

I've contacted the person who runs ours (Cryptoblox) to update.

well, cryptoblox seems ok now,
let's see, when i tested p2pool the block #158357 was found.
p2pool:
hash: 1efe520029bf4b4ea87303f73403336c4f44e4c25b4650d90a6fe961d9342e0c
time: 16:35:45
cryptoblox:
hash: a8415b4afe878ea189d3327c35f25cee7db5f2bb6ac1f19cc213d7080e127bdf
time: 16:34:50

We know. It's a timing issue that we are working on. Since they are a single block off it seems odd.
legendary
October 02, 2014, 02:45:57 PM
Everyone:

I have re-enabled the P2pool however because there are 0 other connections into the world, it is about 3-4 seconds behind in finding blocks. I attempted to brute-force a block with some serious hashing power but no go. IF anyone runs a server wallet for GRE can you please host the p2pool server as well? You can git the software from here : https://github.com/ahmedbodi/p2pool-dev-fee (Thanks Ahmed). It should run pretty close to out of the box, I had to do a few things to make it work for me, so if you get stuck I can help.

tested.
blocks being found but i've no payouts.
and all blocks are found too easy which looks like wrong chain.
where's working block explorer ?

I've contacted the person who runs ours (Cryptoblox) to update.
Activity: 190
★ BitClave ICO. Join NOW ★
October 02, 2014, 11:02:42 AM
Everyone:

Activity: 810
Merit: 1000
September 30, 2014, 10:30:23 PM
Have been trying for a few days to get my old wallets synch'd only to discover this thread and a hard fork --- new wallet is a bicth to get going and keeps falling over. ANy ideas? Is the merged mining change and new wallet mods stuffing up?

'Error reading block' is the fault code.

win wallet has no problems, are you on mac ?

I am on win 7 wallet.

I have used the old wallet for several weeks and the new wallet (post fork) is now producing the code ' Incorrect or no genesis block found. Wrong datadir for network?'

Note: The old wallet will synch up to the fork at block 150000

removed everything except my wallet from %appdata% dir...now synch'd and trading  Smiley
September 29, 2014, 05:53:31 PM
Having a few problems with the wallet still it seems. Everything runs fine but we can't block. I'm constantly working on it testing so anyone who can donate some time I'll try and reward you if you comment here.
September 29, 2014, 12:26:34 PM
Okay, I think I've come to a solution with the pool but I'm going to need time to test it. For some reason, MPOS was upset about some blocks in the 15,000 range and refused to sync past that. I pretty much took the old wallet and the old database and stored them elsewhere. I've also made a new wallet and database. This means that before you come mining you'll need to remake your account. Pretty much the only person with funds on the old database was BiodieselChris and I've talked to him about the situation before today. If anyone is mining coins let me know and we can go over how many you're behind. I should be able to query the old database and get your account info and we can go from there.

Otherwise I'll be enabling a 100GRE finder bonus so if you want to get GRE from my personal wallet you'll want to mine with us c:
legendary
September 29, 2014, 09:32:26 AM
Have been trying for a few days to get my old wallets synch'd only to discover this thread and a hard fork --- new wallet is a bicth to get going and keeps falling over. ANy ideas? Is the merged mining change and new wallet mods stuffing up?

I am on win 7 wallet.

I have used the old wallet for several weeks and the new wallet (post fork) is now producing the code ' Incorrect or no genesis block found. Wrong datadir for network?'

At block 150,000 merged mining took place. The old wallet doesn't know how to recognize the merged chain, so it won't sync past it.

For the incorrect or no genesis block found, there are two options:

-Open the wallet using the command line with the added rescan option
-Delete the database, chainstate, and block folder.

The second option will always work, but will take a bit longer to sync.
Activity: 326
September 29, 2014, 08:05:58 AM
Mac wallet doesnt want to sync maybe nodes are wrong.

if you haven't updated the wallet it won't sync past 9/25. I'd be interested in knowing if the new wallet opens at all for you. It doesn't work for me (nor does the source code compile) with the new version. My OSX is 10.9.4

10.9 pretty well breaks source building, the wallet works fine on mine, 10.8
September 29, 2014, 07:07:25 AM

I am on win 7 wallet.

September 29, 2014, 06:12:18 AM

Activity: 579
Merit: 500
CoinQuacker
September 28, 2014, 11:29:30 PM

if you haven't updated the wallet it won't sync past 9/25. I'd be interested in knowing if the new wallet opens at all for you. It doesn't work for me (nor does the source code compile) with the new version. My OSX is 10.9.4
legendary
September 28, 2014, 10:47:54 PM

Guaranteed node:

Ensure that the current version is 70006.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
September 28, 2014, 09:47:57 PM
CoinQuacker
September 28, 2014, 09:44:32 PM
When I try to run the Mac wallet it appears to be opening but then basically does nothing. The blocks/chainstate folders do not re-appear so I feel like it isnt operating at all.   Huh Huh

I also cannot compile the source code on a mac, even though this all worked before. The error I run into:
Code:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
CoinQuacker
September 28, 2014, 09:16:25 PM
When I try to run the Mac wallet it appears to be opening but then basically does nothing. The blocks/chainstate folders do not re-appear so I feel like it isnt operating at all.   Huh Huh
legendary
September 28, 2014, 10:17:19 AM
As far as I can tell, into the void. I can't seem to find anything regarding the block or coins... :/ I disabled p2pool for the time being. Stratum is on port 4333

now i see why no payouts from p2p.
both p2p and stratum are on different chain than my wallet
and sigwo pool and i guess the most part of the network

Unklo, please do not spread FUD.

Our stratum is no longer reporting block height because it's being tested.

Thanks.
Activity: 326
September 28, 2014, 08:47:04 AM
I've setup an ordinary pool at http://gre.hashcookie.org/, but I don't have anything to test it with. If some people could point some hashes there, that'd be great Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
September 27, 2014, 11:37:57 PM
Merged mining is like a Physics class to me.

I remember most of my Physics classes. The explaination given by the teacher was alway crystal clear. But later I was unable to do the homeworks because somehow I was unable to translate the theory to pratical examples.  Sad

Same thing for merged mining. I understand the basics (I think) but I'm confused with the "How to".

I understand that I will mine GRE and another major coin at the same time (correct me if I'm wrong!). If I take BeMining as example, I will mine RBY and GRE at the same time (and maybe 5 other coins??). There is no registration so I use my RBY adress as username. OK but... how will I receive the GRE coins?

Another question, if I want to calculate the profitability of ming GRE, do I take the current difficulty of GRE or the dif. of RBY? Do each coin keep their own difficulty?

Hey, owner of bemining.net here. You are mining all 7 coins at the same time. You set your miner with your Ruby address, start the miner. Then, visit http://bemining.net/stats and copy/paste your Ruby address (may take ~5 minutes for your stats to show). Once there, you will see a list of all the merge-mined coins for you to enter your address. Follow those instructions. Upon that coin finding a block, you will get a payout after the block matures and the payout cycle runs. More on Merged Mining (https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Merged_mining_specification)

If you have any questions or concerns, come hit me up in #bemining. I'm sigwo or bemining_op there.

Thank you. Being without registration I did not realize that we still have a kind of profile where we can add other adresses.
September 27, 2014, 06:03:10 PM
As far as I can tell, into the void. I can't seem to find anything regarding the block or coins... :/ I disabled p2pool for the time being. Stratum is on port 4333
Pages:
Jump to: