Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][GRE] GreenCoin | On Bittrex now! - page 14. (Read 83604 times)

legendary
Activity: 1628
Merit: 1012
September 21, 2014, 07:35:48 AM
Has this coin gone merged mining yet? I would like to add it to my pool.

I'm excited to say that we finished the stratum for Merged Mining last night. Here it is, straight from Ahmed, the king of Stratum:

https://github.com/ahmedbodi/p2pool-gre

We will be working to finish all of the setup on our own P2Pool tonight, and all of the merged mining changes have been pushed. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
So Greencoin is able to be added to merged mining pools now? If so, that's great!

It can be, yes. We are right now working with our pool operators to make a quick switch over to P2Pool (since that's what you need for MM) and should have that done within a day or so. At that point, some of the larger P2Pools, such as those for Doge and LTC can work with us to merged mine as well.
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
Go Jupiter!
September 21, 2014, 02:41:40 AM

I'm excited to say that we finished the stratum for Merged Mining last night. Here it is, straight from Ahmed, the king of Stratum:

We will be working to finish all of the setup on our own P2Pool tonight, and all of the merged mining changes have been pushed. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
So Greencoin is able to be added to merged mining pools now? If so, that's great!
legendary
September 20, 2014, 01:27:53 PM

Activity: 656
Go Jupiter!
September 20, 2014, 12:21:32 AM
Activity: 579
CoinQuacker
September 19, 2014, 02:00:14 AM
Producers and owners: GreenCoin grows by telling your friends. The website is up and live. It isn't really visually wonderful yet but it does have a good backend that services the coin well. It does what it needs to for right now: allows users to sign up their renewable system and get paid free coins. It has been paying out every day for over 100 days. GreenCoin operates under a very simple mechanistic premise:
1) sign up your renewable system
2) get verified
3) bank free coins

Check out the network page, we've offset 9,451 kg CO2 by paying out 143.06M greencoins to renewable producers.

Allcoin's last is 12 satoshis, and bitcoin's last is $427, so that's 286 M GRE * 12 * 1e-8 * 427 = $14,600 at these current prices, which is the market cap of GreenCoin. But GreenCoin isn't just a coin, it's a commodity-backed asset and dividing the market cap by 9,451.7 kg CO2 = $1.55 per kg CO2. The total value number ($15k) is obviously small potatoes on a global scale but the per kg CO2 is not, and is actually pretty interesting. This type of value provides for $0.75 per kWh of PV solar generated (481 g CO2 offset per kWh) and a whooping $11 for a gallon of biofuel (~7 kg CO2 offset per gallon for biodiesel versus petrodiesel). Do you think biofuel producers would struggle against petroleum if they had an $11 dollar incentive ON TOP of their usual and customary sales revenue? Granted, the coin is very small and relatively unknown and the prices above could very well be more associated with general speculation around what may become of it, but that's interesting in itself; that a newly created asset can price BOTH the future value of it's impact as well as it's current base value (in this case in carbon offset). And this is the real value in my opinion, the coup de grace of a market based carbon offset system in one sentence: Governments price carbon at its face value and GreenCoin prices it at its social value. Why is the latter so important? Because we have no chance of reigning in the problem given the current price of carbon and the lack of a global authority to enforce it. Changes will not occur fast enough. We need to hit 2050 emission targets by 2022 and 2100 targets by 2030. Our current efforts (read: lack thereof) will not get us there. In fact, they are not even close. If we want to change the direction we must develop and utilize a mechanism of pricing and trading the value of the problem with each other.
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
September 18, 2014, 08:22:51 PM
Activity: 579
CoinQuacker
September 18, 2014, 01:06:59 AM
Windows wallet:

If you download and it doesn't sync:
-- Close the client
-- Copy the code from the OP (in the box labeled "coin.conf") but put it in a file named "greencoin.conf" in this folder:
C:\User\[YOU]\AppData\Roaming\GreenCoin

-- delete blocks and chainstate folders, and peers.dat
-- Reopen the client

I got this to work on Windows 7 and 8
Activity: 416
September 17, 2014, 05:13:16 PM
Another question, is there a address for the foundation's GRE funds?

Yes, and it is mentioned in the OP.

The coins for those payoffs come from GreenCoin's splitting algorithm, which sends 50% of every block to a central address, GZdib7W1cxd2VaEfYAw4ppe6dXhkhbScE2, which is then sent automatically to verified renewable energy producers at the end of each business day.

Note that this address is found in every coinbase transaction, and is hard coded into the source.

Thanks!
legendary
September 17, 2014, 10:10:26 AM

Yes, and it is mentioned in the OP.

The coins for those payoffs come from GreenCoin's splitting algorithm, which sends 50% of every block to a central address, GZdib7W1cxd2VaEfYAw4ppe6dXhkhbScE2, which is then sent automatically to verified renewable energy producers at the end of each business day.

Note that this address is found in every coinbase transaction, and is hard coded into the source.
September 17, 2014, 09:35:21 AM
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
September 16, 2014, 10:08:46 PM
Thanks for the helpful replies. Is this the same greencoin mentioned in this article? http://www.greenbankcapitalinc.com/press-releases/greenbank-acquires-greencoin-cryptocurrency-software/

No.....that's something different.
September 16, 2014, 09:59:35 PM
Thanks for the helpful replies. Is this the same greencoin mentioned in this article? http://www.greenbankcapitalinc.com/press-releases/greenbank-acquires-greencoin-cryptocurrency-software/
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
September 16, 2014, 09:48:40 PM
Jackfruit.......I can confirm very consistent payouts, I was the first producer to be added to the list under biodieselchris.......my mom was added under me as third on the list.  We both have been paid out for every single day since.

GREAT team behind this project and a great community slowly building as well.

If you are a renewable energy producer get on this list man and enjoy ride!  Contact bidieselchris for enrollment.
September 16, 2014, 09:10:46 PM
http://www.grcoin.com/pages/our_network

We have paid 138.873 Million GreenCoins to Producers.  Wink

Sweet thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
September 16, 2014, 09:09:08 PM
http://www.grcoin.com/pages/our_network

We have paid 138.873 Million GreenCoins to Producers.  Wink
September 16, 2014, 09:03:05 PM
50% goes to the foundation to paid the person who have solar system. This coin is to promote renewable energy. So if you have solar system that provide electricity, you can get free coin from foundation.  Wink

Sounds nice, has any been paid out yet?
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004
September 16, 2014, 08:55:20 PM
50% goes to the foundation to paid the person who have solar system. This coin is to promote renewable energy. So if you have solar system that provide electricity, you can get free coin from foundation.  Wink
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
September 16, 2014, 08:54:19 PM
GreenCoin is a nice coin! Grin
September 16, 2014, 08:46:42 PM
Just a question... I see that 50% of the block reward goes to the foundation. Does that mean the foundation has 50% of the supply if I'm understanding correctly?
Pages:
Jump to: