Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM - page 13. (Read 189461 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 100
0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282
September 23, 2018, 04:50:06 PM

I think the dev team could provide an update with some info about why it is taking so long when the chain is running for a while now. They must have been in communication with Cryptopia and there must be a reason why it's taking so long.

Getting a bit impatient here myself, but keep in mind we are just now at the end of weekend - Cryptopia will at best have a small team working on weekends and the HLM dev team might also enjoy free time.
Activity: 826
Merit: 103
September 23, 2018, 04:13:38 PM
for what cryptopia needs so long? if they dont open helium soon there is no longer a fair start. im sure the normal rewards starts before this shit exchange do anything...

I think the dev team could provide an update with some info about why it is taking so long when the chain is running for a while now. They must have been in communication with Cryptopia and there must be a reason why it's taking so long.

We have been waiting for the launch of this network for so long. A lot of work was done. We can ask for the reasons for this delay, but I do not think this will speed up the process. In addition, you all know that coin is more difficult to exit than a token. I'm still calm.
Activity: 693
Merit: 508
September 23, 2018, 03:34:38 PM
for what cryptopia needs so long? if they dont open helium soon there is no longer a fair start. im sure the normal rewards starts before this shit exchange do anything...

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
Ganja <3
September 23, 2018, 03:15:33 PM
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
September 21, 2018, 03:45:31 PM
Cool, thank you very much,  now us Windows plebs can do the masternode thing as well. I plan to setup one, possibly two, and then compare returns with just regular staking.

Last year, I ran a masternode for another coin (chaincoin) on Windows, and it was really simple. Just a few options in the config file and "masternode start" in the wallet console. It may be much less secure than the remote wallet on Linux, but still I also wonder, if there is a possibility to run a single Helium masternode in a single Windows wallet, without these "multi-master-nodes with a remote control" features?
You can start MN as you want. Hot and cold wallets separately or in one, and Windows or Linux. As I remember Chaincoin has guide exactly for one local wallet.
Almost all masternodes are the same.
Activity: 434
Merit: 107
September 21, 2018, 12:56:18 PM
Cool, thank you very much,  now us Windows plebs can do the masternode thing as well. I plan to setup one, possibly two, and then compare returns with just regular staking.

Last year, I ran a masternode for another coin (chaincoin) on Windows, and it was really simple. Just a few options in the config file and "masternode start" in the wallet console. It may be much less secure than the remote wallet on Linux, but still I also wonder, if there is a possibility to run a single Helium masternode in a single Windows wallet, without these "multi-master-nodes with a remote control" features?
Activity: 113
Merit: 10
September 20, 2018, 02:37:18 PM
Do you have more or less HLM than you expected?
This happened to me. The address shown in my Spreadwallet wasn't the one where my SPR where during the snapshot due to change addresses being used by the wallet. Check the Spread explorer to find the correct address.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
September 20, 2018, 10:30:48 AM
Wasn't the snapshot date 10/10/2017? Or was it moved? Because the balance showing on my wallet is after Jan 5, 2018.
Merit: 103
September 20, 2018, 10:10:30 AM
Is there any more information as to when Cryptopia will open for Helium so we can start running some MNs?
I think they need to update us here as soon as this happens. Because I'm also waiting for this, for the acquisition, and I think that not only i.
I hope that it will not be too expensive at first. Smiley
Activity: 670
Merit: 130
September 20, 2018, 03:49:28 AM

That is one excellent mn set-up guide you posted there mate. Much obliged as I'm sure others are.
(I see Graham was impressed )
You may want to post your helium address for tips... Wink

Is there any more information as to when Cryptopia will open for Helium so we can start running some MNs?

Well I'll go out on a limb here and and say that when that information becomes available it will be posted
here in like...oh... maybe 20 seconds later or so?  (give or take 5 seconds)

never thought that some one would actually send tips or something, however i like your idea so i've added a helium address to my original post.
Appreciation is really appreciated  Grin
Activity: 116
Merit: 22
September 19, 2018, 09:27:21 PM
An update: the guys in #dev got the DNS seeder working. New wallets will no longer need to add nodes manually. The wallet will find connections itself.

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
September 19, 2018, 09:25:45 PM
How hard to setup a masternode on Windows, or is helium more suitable for Linux now? Is there a tutorial for masternodes too, and anyone thinking of setting up a staking pool?

Got my wallet setup and spread keys imported, was very smooth!

there you go buddy https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/docs/masternode-setup-guide

Good lord...I just read that mn set-up guide. Thanx for link.
Well that’s  just a tad more complicated than I envisioned.
Hmmm...you mean I can’t just click a “start masternode” button?.....  Grin

Its super easy to do it in windows, have them both on the same machine. Needless to say that the machine has to be powered on 24/7.

Follow this guide, its a bit similar with a few changes -->   MN Guide of another Coin
The procedure is the same, just replace the amount of needed coins (1000 for HLM), use and forward the port (9009) proposed in the HLM configuration.

or fuck it, i'll just write it down for you

Prerequisites:

Helium Wallet running on your local computer with 1000 HLM for each masternode (amount of HLM needed for a masternode)
    Static IP Address with open ports for masternodes

Preparing Helium Masternodes

1 – Choose the place where you will hold you masternodes directories (you need some freespace for every masternode)
2 – Create folder “HLMMN1” there
3 – Copy file “helium-qt.exe” in folder “HLMMN1”
4 – Create in folder “HLMMN1” new folder “data”
5 – Copy file “blk0001.dat” and folder “txleveldb” in created folder “data” (From your master wallet)
6 – Rename “helium-qt.exe” to the “Heliummn1.exe”
7 – Open “Command Prompt” and type following Command:
Code:
echo start Heliummn1.exe -datadir=./data > %homepath%/Desktop/startmn1.cmd
8 – Move file “startmn1.cmd” from Desktop to the “HLMMN1” folder
9 – Repeat the process from step 2 for each masternode you want to created, with
changing mn1 to mn2, mn3
10 – Run startmn1.cmd, startmn2.cmd and startmn3.cmd, wait for complete loading
wallets and complete syncing with blockchain
11 – Now you can exit from each running masternode wallets

Prepare Helium Controller Wallet

1 – Open your main wallet where you have your HLM
2 – Go to Receive tab
3 – Press button “New address” and enter “Masternode 1” in Label (do not check “Stealth address”)
4 – Send exactly 1000 HLM to this address
5 – Wait for 1 confirmation of transaction and go to the Debug console
6 – Run command “masternode genkey” and write down generated key (this is your
masternode private key)
7 – Run command “masternode outputs” and write down hexnumbers (this is your
masternode tx) and digit after “:” (this is tx index)
8 – Go to \AppData\Roaming\Helium and edit the masternode.conf or Click Tools then Open Masternode Configuration File and put your MN settings
For example
Code:
MN1
31.14.135.27:9009
892WPpkqbr7sr6Si4fdsfssjjapuFzAXwETCrpPJubnrmU6aKzh
8ba8caae2670bb38d43fb609e31a337d4d7b4fd4544f93b8cc3b8b3426409

where

Code:
-The name (masternode_alias) you gave your masternode
-The IP and port of the VPS
-The masternodeprivkey from step 1
-The first value from masternode outputs
-The second value from masternode outputs

Thus

Additionally, open helium.conf which is in the same folder and put
Code:
pcuser=long random username
rpcpassword=longer random password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=0
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=256

Configuring Helium Masternodes

1 – Go to “HLMMN1/data” folder
2 – Open ” helium.conf” in Notepad
3 – Add following Lines in there:

Code:
rpcuser=long random username
rpcpassword=long random password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=256
masternode=1
externalip=Your_PUBLIC_IP
bind=Your_PUBLIC_IP
masternodeaddr=Your_PUBLIC_IP:9009
masternodeprivkey=YOUR_MN_PRIV_KEY

Replace PORT with port for your Masternode 1, IP:PORT with your external ip and the same port for you Masternode 1
Replace PRIVKEY with masternode private key you generated with “masternode genkey” in controller wallet for Masternode 1

4 – Save it and repeat process for Masternode 2 and Masternode 3.

Start Helium Masternodes

1 – Now you can start all your masternodes with “startmn1.cmd”, “startmn2.cmd” and “startmn3.cmd”
2 – Go to controller wallet, check that your coins in Masternode 1, 2 and 3 addresses have at least 15 confirmations.
3 – Go to Masternodes tab and switch to the “My Masternodes”
4 – Press “Start All”

Your masternode will be started now.
After some time, click update to see if its in the list and working
correctly.
Pat yourself in the back.

Activity: 617
Merit: 559
September 19, 2018, 08:03:41 PM

(anyone feel free to edit out the  "A"...I couldn't be bothered   Cheesy)

Cryptopia - Wallet status offline

As said before. We're starting with a very low block reward so nobody misses out.

Anyone who is struggling with their keys, wallet or masternode please join us in Slack (https://heliumslack.herokuapp.com/). The community is on standby 24/7 to help you out.

New announcement topic is still being worked on. As well as a couple of other things.

P.S. I'll likely be able to moderate in the new topic and DuzyGej and lunobird will both be allotted 1 post each. They are to use that post to apologize for their behavior.

I apologize for calling the devs to get off their lazy ass and sorry for the disrespect. This bear market has been very harsh on us and made me question how serious HLM is.   Seriously I'm happy to see main net launch and looking forward to running a masternode.

Kudos to you for owning that - not a lot of souls have that level of maturity so you earned some respect here in my book as well. Hope to see you around in the community!
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
September 19, 2018, 07:22:26 PM

That is one excellent mn set-up guide you posted there mate. Much obliged as I'm sure others are.
(I see Graham was impressed )
You may want to post your helium address for tips... Wink

Well I'll go out on a limb here and and say that when that information becomes available it will be posted
here in like...oh... maybe 20 seconds later or so?  (give or take 5 seconds)
September 19, 2018, 05:15:15 PM
Pon13 this is awesome. Is it OK if I copy your guide and put it with the rest of the guides on the heliIumlabs website? (with credits ofc.) There were some questions in slack already with regards to this and until you wrote one there was no guide to point people to.

Sure mate, do whatever you like, i don't mind.
Glad if it helps anyone  Grin
Activity: 693
Merit: 508
September 19, 2018, 03:48:17 PM
Activity: 116
Merit: 22
September 19, 2018, 03:00:33 PM
Pon13 this is awesome. Is it OK if I copy your guide and put it with the rest of the guides on the heliIumlabs website? (with credits ofc.) There were some questions in slack already with regards to this and until you wrote one there was no guide to point people to.
September 19, 2018, 08:38:17 AM
How hard to setup a masternode on Windows, or is helium more suitable for Linux now? Is there a tutorial for masternodes too, and anyone thinking of setting up a staking pool?

Hmmm...you mean I can’t just click a “start masternode” button?.....  Grin

Its super easy to do it in windows, have them both on the same machine. Needless to say that the machine has to be powered on 24/7.

Follow this guide, its a bit similar with a few changes -->   MN Guide of another Coin
The procedure is the same, just replace the amount of needed coins (1000 for HLM), use and forward the port (9009) proposed in the HLM configuration.

or fuck it, i'll just write it down for you

Prerequisites:

Helium Wallet running on your local computer with 1000 HLM for each masternode (amount of HLM needed for a masternode)
    Static IP Address with open ports for masternodes

Preparing Helium Masternodes

1 – Choose the place where you will hold you masternodes directories (you need some freespace for every masternode)
2 – Create folder “HLMMN1” there
3 – Copy file “helium-qt.exe” in folder “HLMMN1”
4 – Create in folder “HLMMN1” new folder “data”
5 – Copy file “blk0001.dat” and folder “txleveldb” in created folder “data” (From your master wallet)
6 – Rename “helium-qt.exe” to the “Heliummn1.exe”
7 – Open “Command Prompt” and type following Command:
Code:
echo start Heliummn1.exe -datadir=./data > %homepath%/Desktop/startmn1.cmd
8 – Move file “startmn1.cmd” from Desktop to the “HLMMN1” folder
9 – Repeat the process from step 2 for each masternode you want to created, with
changing mn1 to mn2, mn3
10 – Run startmn1.cmd, startmn2.cmd and startmn3.cmd, wait for complete loading
wallets and complete syncing with blockchain
11 – Now you can exit from each running masternode wallets

Prepare Helium Controller Wallet

1 – Open your main wallet where you have your HLM
2 – Go to Receive tab
3 – Press button “New address” and enter “Masternode 1” in Label (do not check “Stealth address”)
4 – Send exactly 1000 HLM to this address
5 – Wait for 1 confirmation of transaction and go to the Debug console
6 – Run command “masternode genkey” and write down generated key (this is your
masternode private key)
7 – Run command “masternode outputs” and write down hexnumbers (this is your
masternode tx) and digit after “:” (this is tx index)
8 – Go to \AppData\Roaming\Helium and edit the masternode.conf or Click Tools then Open Masternode Configuration File and put your MN settings
For example
Code:
MN1
31.14.135.27:9009
892WPpkqbr7sr6Si4fdsfssjjapuFzAXwETCrpPJubnrmU6aKzh
8ba8caae2670bb38d43fb609e31a337d4d7b4fd4544f93b8cc3b8b3426409

where

Code:
-The name (masternode_alias) you gave your masternode
-The IP and port of the VPS
-The masternodeprivkey from step 1
-The first value from masternode outputs
-The second value from masternode outputs

Thus

Additionally, open helium.conf which is in the same folder and put
Code:
rpcpassword=longer random password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=xxxx (a port number different from MN port and MN rpcport) --> for example rpcport=2222
listen=0 --> this line is not mandatory
server=1 --> this line is not mandatory
daemon=1 --> this line is not mandatory
logtimestamps=1 --> this line is not mandatory
maxconnections=256 --> this line is not mandatory

Configuring Helium Masternodes

1 – Go to “HLMMN1/data” folder
2 – Open ” helium.conf” in Notepad
3 – Add following Lines in there:

Code:
rpcpassword=long random password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=2223
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=256
masternode=1
externalip=Your_PUBLIC_IP
masternodeaddr=Your_PUBLIC_IP:9009
masternodeprivkey=YOUR_MN_PRIV_KEY

Replace PORT with port for your Masternode 1, IP:PORT with your external ip and the same port for you Masternode 1
Replace PRIVKEY with masternode private key you generated with “masternode genkey” in controller wallet for Masternode 1

4 – Save it and repeat process for Masternode 2 and Masternode 3.

Start Helium Masternodes

1 – Now you can start all your masternodes with “startmn1.cmd”, “startmn2.cmd” and “startmn3.cmd”
2 – Go to controller wallet, check that your coins in Masternode 1, 2 and 3 addresses have at least 15 confirmations.
3 – Go to Masternodes tab and switch to the “My Masternodes”
4 – Press “Start All”

Your masternode will be started now.
After some time, click update to see if its in the list and working
correctly.
Pat yourself in the back.

Appreciation is appreciated --> SRkgkcwVnXcQ1YH1dtgrEhVuhyxvcSxBx6
sud
Merit: 301
September 19, 2018, 08:15:19 AM
It should be easier to you run it on windows if you are not familiar with linux. If Helium wallet is like regular qt-wallet, you just have to edit your masternode.conf file with outputs and ip (and other config too afaik). I think I have a simple guide from another coin on my home computer somewhere.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
September 19, 2018, 06:59:54 AM

Hmmm...you mean I can’t just click a “start masternode” button?.....  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: