Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM - page 9. (Read 189392 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 100
0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282
October 09, 2018, 03:19:11 PM
Do you know what time it is?

Yes, it's a little anniversary...

Because exactly one year ago...

Wink Angry Roll Eyes Tongue
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
October 09, 2018, 01:22:13 PM
My avast antivirus identifies helium-qt.exe file as a threat and moves it to a chest. This happens in the newest 0.15.2 version. How come Huh
Activity: 615
Merit: 554
October 09, 2018, 11:18:23 AM
Good Day everyone,

It has just come to the core teams attention that Helium (HLM) has been listed on Crex24 and the market has just opened up for trading. We did have Crex24 as one of the exchanges engaged in with to open and were informed it would take another week to get listed . They apparently were able to build / test and integrate the latest client of 0.15.2 much quicker than that and went ahead and listed us. This listing was not paid for by the Treasury, so special thanks to @cryptoconsultant who graciously paid for this listing out of his own pocket.

We will continue to actively engage with our exchange partners and ensure to keep you all updated on matters. We will be spreading this news across all platforms so this is as fair an announcement as possible. Here is the trading pair at Crex24 for reference:

https://crex24.com/exchange/HLM-BTC

Regarding Cryptopia:

Cryptopia and another yet-to-be-revealed exchange are on target to open trading end of this week, however, as always they are the ultimate decider of their own pace. As many of the other team members have mentioned previously, one year ago many variables were fundamentally different than they are today. At the time the team was asked to provide two choices for redemption by the community and we worked to provide that.  Because we understood the redemption process with Crypotpia at the time and still had to code in a redemption method into the wallet, we asked each person to make a personal choice based upon their own preferences using the knowledge we all had available. Since then we were able to code in an import option for the wallet and Cryptopia ended up in the middle of a large relocation project with their physical headquarters once we launched. These are things that are regrettable but outside of the team's and communities control. We are also going to improve as a Team each day and our ability to forecast for future events like this will become easier as everyone learns to gel together for a united cause.

Your patience and maturity regarding this all is very much appreciated as it allows the Team to focus on other critical matters.  Our community is Helium's largest single asset by far and we will continue to benefit from the insight, support and energy you all bring here each day.
Activity: 28
October 09, 2018, 11:16:52 AM
I have some spreadcoins and will watch this thread. I just don't quite get it - is Helium designed to be poolmining-resistant ?
Activity: 71
October 09, 2018, 11:14:44 AM
So, after year of development Helium just YAPC (Yet Another PIVX Clone) with same blockchain problems?
Activity: 116
Merit: 22
October 09, 2018, 08:32:27 AM
Hello
Can you help me with update MN
When I fallow instruction get this error on this step
xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx:~$ cp -r ~/helium-0.15.2/bin/. /usr/local/bin/
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/bin/./helium-cli': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/bin/./heliumd': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/bin/./helium-qt': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/bin/./helium-tx': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/bin/./test_helium': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/bin/./test_helium-qt': Permission denied

MN is on Ubuntu VPS
tnx

Its a mistake in the instructions. Thank you for posting, its been fixed.

Try
Code:
sudo cp -r ~/helium-0.15.2/bin/. /usr/local/bin/
Activity: 33
October 09, 2018, 08:06:05 AM
Hello
Can you help me with update MN
When I fallow instruction get this error on this step
xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxx:~$ cp -r ~/helium-0.15.2/bin/. /usr/local/bin/
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/bin/./helium-cli': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/bin/./heliumd': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/bin/./helium-qt': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/bin/./helium-tx': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/bin/./test_helium': Permission denied
cp: cannot create regular file '/usr/local/bin/./test_helium-qt': Permission denied

MN is on Ubuntu VPS
tnx
Activity: 116
Merit: 22
October 08, 2018, 02:43:55 PM

Meanwhile, today Cryptopia completed swap and opened trading for yet another coin. But not for HLM.

And are we the first in the queue for exactly what reason? Are you going to demand absolute priority for your project from a private company among all the jobs they have? Come on. Do you think we can force other companies to do what we wan and when we want? What kind of business relationship do you want to establish if you start like this? Seriously, to be in crypto you need patience because not everything is as simple as it seems.
Patience? Lol. More than year I patientlly wait when I can use my coins freezed on Cryptopia. And still waiting patiently, when those who had coins in their wallet skim the cream off.
And I still waiting small rewards from bounty campaign. More than year. Patiently.

Have to second Rzerod here, Cryptopia have been very helpful through out the process and have been very forthcoming in communications. We added the 28000k reduced reward blocks to take the edge off of things but with hindsight it is good to have gone to full rewards before trading went live. We encountered some issues after the reward increase and had to update the code to stabilize the network. If this had happened with trading already live it would not have been pretty and it would have impacted negatively on the value of the holdings of everyone.

So yes the people who are currently staking and running masternodes earn rewards and the rest is waiting for Cryptopia. I have my coins on Cryptopia too but I don't see any skimming of the milk. On the contrary, the community was the MVP in sorting out last weeks issues and coming up with a solution, and by that prevented delays on the Cryptopia listing.

In terms of ROI this will be a difference of a few percentage points (if even) in the long run. Everyone on the team and in the community did their very best to make things go as smooth as possible and consider all interests.

This is the tx that went out to craslovell from the treasury with the coins for last years BTY campaign:

https://heliumchain.info/#/tx/71458c8d208f7c5aca828b8adfee6f6e23cab0c85a81eec0a34250bf1e378f7d

He's on it but he'll need to reach everyone through PM in order to distribute. This is quite a lot of work and it will take some time.
Activity: 43
Merit: 10
October 08, 2018, 01:11:45 PM
As long as we know that trading will start at some point I'm fine now, I'll just wait. Another few days, weeks, whatever it takes.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
October 08, 2018, 11:48:41 AM

Meanwhile, today Cryptopia completed swap and opened trading for yet another coin. But not for HLM.

And are we the first in the queue for exactly what reason? Are you going to demand absolute priority for your project from a private company among all the jobs they have? Come on. Do you think we can force other companies to do what we wan and when we want? What kind of business relationship do you want to establish if you start like this? Seriously, to be in crypto you need patience because not everything is as simple as it seems.
Patience? Lol. More than year I patientlly wait when I can use my coins freezed on Cryptopia. And still waiting patiently, when those who had coins in their wallet skim the cream off.
And I still waiting small rewards from bounty campaign. More than year. Patiently.
Activity: 272
Merit: 107
Paranoid In Chief
October 08, 2018, 10:51:27 AM

Activity: 630
Merit: 251
October 08, 2018, 09:37:12 AM
There must be a reason why Cryptopia has not opened for trade of Helium, right? Why would they not if everything is ok, they loose money. The dev team might not be honest here and share the real reason why Cryptopia has not opened for trade / withdrawals.

I have a simple question for the dev team that doesn't appear to have been answered.

(1) How many coins are "stuck" at Cryptopia?

(2) Provide a transaction ID for the transfer of coins to Cryptopia for this amount of coins. You should be able to as the that txn must have been done if they are to open for withdrawals and trade. Did you transfer coins to Cryptopia?

First of all, we have already informed Cryptopia of everything they needed to open the markets but now they are moving their offices and part of its infrastructure (https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=2911e5afdbf42f40d7e096888a961904), so they will have part of their staff helping with those tasks. I would like to emphasize that Cryptopia has been very patient and has been very helpful with us from the beginning, so if they are asking for more time, I would give it to them.

That said:
Cryptopia address: SQTstaCXN3vNjSCjJbVA9Z7ecrsYcTjYKn
https://heliumchain.info/#/address/SQTstaCXN3vNjSCjJbVA9Z7ecrsYcTjYKn

Treasury address: 3JcEX7PQCSZW6i8Ye4iHfn3QFEKbAtNyVa
https://heliumchain.info/#/address/3JcEX7PQCSZW6i8Ye4iHfn3QFEKbAtNyVa

This has already been addressed several times in the Slack and any movement of the accounts has been detailed at all times. It took me 5 minutes to look for it in our Slack archive https://slarck.com/v2d0Ku/, but it's easier to accuse us of not being transparent than to search about it.
October 08, 2018, 06:50:37 AM
Thank you, I'm not a Slack member so didn't read that  Smiley
Paranoid In Chief
October 08, 2018, 06:40:44 AM
So it may take another month or more for Cryptopia to launch HLM trading? It is very unfortunate that Helium meinnet launch coincided with their office move out, cause a lot of people have their coins still frozen, while there are already over 440 masternodes running. I'm not one of them, but I was planning to buy 1000HLM and run MN right after the start, but now I have second thoughts if this still be profitable... well, it all depends on the price once the trading start anyway.

In my opinion it will be way less than a month, but it will depend on how busy they are.
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
October 08, 2018, 05:45:18 AM
So it may take another month or more for Cryptopia to launch HLM trading? It is very unfortunate that Helium meinnet launch coincided with their office move out, cause a lot of people have their coins still frozen, while there are already over 440 masternodes running. I'm not one of them, but I was planning to buy 1000HLM and run MN right after the start, but now I have second thoughts if this still be profitable... well, it all depends on the price once the trading start anyway.
Paranoid In Chief
October 08, 2018, 04:23:05 AM
There must be a reason why Cryptopia has not opened for trade of Helium, right? Why would they not if everything is ok, they loose money. The dev team might not be honest here and share the real reason why Cryptopia has not opened for trade / withdrawals.

I have a simple question for the dev team that doesn't appear to have been answered.

(2) Provide a transaction ID for the transfer of coins to Cryptopia for this amount of coins. You should be able to as the that txn must have been done if they are to open for withdrawals and trade. Did you transfer coins to Cryptopia?

First of all, we have already informed Cryptopia of everything they needed to open the markets but now they are moving their offices and part of its infrastructure (https://support.cryptopia.co.nz/csm?id=kb_article&sys_id=2911e5afdbf42f40d7e096888a961904), so they will have part of their staff helping with those tasks. I would like to emphasize that Cryptopia has been very patient and has been very helpful with us from the beginning, so if they are asking for more time, I would give it to them.

That said:
Cryptopia address: SQTstaCXN3vNjSCjJbVA9Z7ecrsYcTjYKn
https://heliumchain.info/#/address/SQTstaCXN3vNjSCjJbVA9Z7ecrsYcTjYKn

Treasury address: 3JcEX7PQCSZW6i8Ye4iHfn3QFEKbAtNyVa
https://heliumchain.info/#/address/3JcEX7PQCSZW6i8Ye4iHfn3QFEKbAtNyVa

This has already been addressed several times in the Slack and any movement of the accounts has been detailed at all times. It took me 5 minutes to look for it in our Slack archive https://slarck.com/v2d0Ku/, but it's easier to accuse us of not being transparent than to search about it.
Activity: 736
Merit: 262
Me, Myself & I
October 08, 2018, 03:05:08 AM
There must be a reason why Cryptopia has not opened for trade of Helium, right?

Of course there are thousands/millions of helium reasons. What would one do having borrowed waste amount of stackable coins for some period? Will increase period, naturally.
October 08, 2018, 02:21:10 AM

Paranoid In Chief
October 07, 2018, 04:42:40 PM
Mandatory update

If you have any problem, please tell us in #support (at Slack)

To update the nodes quickly follow this guide: https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/docs/masternodewallet-update-guide

Your slack autoinvite Don't work!
I wrote To You DM
You don't answer.

I invited you. Anyways, try this link: https://join.slack.com/t/onetrollbox/shared_invite/enQtNDUyMDg5NzM1MzUxLTVlOTk4YTllZGU0ZmFiZWYyMTgxZWQwOGIwZmZmM2YxYjY2ZTk2YzI1MzI0Y2Y0NDdiODBhYTVjMjkzMzFjYjI
Activity: 20
October 07, 2018, 04:34:46 PM
Mandatory update

If you have any problem, please tell us in #support (at Slack)

To update the nodes quickly follow this guide: https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/docs/masternodewallet-update-guide

Your slack autoinvite Don't work!
I wrote To You DM
You don't answer.
Pages:
Jump to: