Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM - page 11. (Read 189461 times)

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
October 01, 2018, 11:06:39 AM
As a heads up: the chain is currently stuck at block 28000. We’re looking at the best way to get things moving again.

Just give it a karate chop and a good kick...that should sort it out....
...or maybe try turning it off then turning back on again....

The roundhouse kick seems to have solved the issue. By the looks of it the first block with normal rewards proved very difficult to solve. It was solved eventually however so everything seems to be chugging along happily again.

Awesome. I was starting to worry that stucking would affect treading on Cryptopia....
Activity: 116
Merit: 22
October 01, 2018, 09:48:51 AM
As a heads up: the chain is currently stuck at block 28000. We’re looking at the best way to get things moving again.

The roundhouse kick seems to have solved the issue. By the looks of it the first block with normal rewards proved very difficult to solve. It was solved eventually however so everything seems to be chugging along happily again.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
October 01, 2018, 07:26:12 AM
As a heads up: the chain is currently stuck at block 28000. We're looking at the best way to get things moving again. By the looks of it it is a minor issue. Will post an update here when we've decided on the fix.
What the reason of stucking? And how it will affect on start Cryptopia treading?
legendary
born once atheist
October 01, 2018, 07:18:10 AM

October 01, 2018, 05:14:10 AM
As a heads up: the chain is currently stuck at block 28000. We're looking at the best way to get things moving again. By the looks of it it is a minor issue. Will post an update here when we've decided on the fix.
Activity: 272
Merit: 107
Paranoid In Chief
October 01, 2018, 03:56:58 AM
Topia is holding a boatload of staking coins...
the chain is live...hmmmmm....

fun fact...
just noticed 65 masternodes came on line between last night and today.

GO HELIUM...

The stats on Helium are quite good Smiley

[graph]
where did you get this ?

Helium explorer: https://www.heliumchain.info/#/statistics
Activity: 101
Merit: 0
September 30, 2018, 10:28:34 PM

fun fact...

GO HELIUM...

https://image.ibb.co/iZYGie/masternodes.png
where did you get this ?
Activity: 686
September 30, 2018, 06:23:22 PM
.... richy has requested that Cryptopia stake the airdrop wallet and distribute the proceeds ....

oh now that would be special.
and everyone is waiting for the wallet to finish and we believe helium will be one of the adult projects in its development because this project is probably the longest in preparing everything until now
legendary
born once atheist
September 30, 2018, 11:31:35 AM
.... richy has requested that Cryptopia stake the airdrop wallet and distribute the proceeds ....

oh now that would be special.
September 30, 2018, 08:13:33 AM
richyjames has updated the Slack with regards to Cryptopia. They've reviewed the code and have found no issues. They'll continue with building the wallets and finalise the listing. There are no indications of protracted waiting and discussions with regards to time frames are in an immediate sense. richy has requested that Cryptopia stake the airdrop wallet and distribute the proceeds but whether that is a possibility in the first place is not in our hands of course. He has done everything possible.

richyjames has also asked me to thank everyone involved on his behalf. He hopes that we'll continue to work together as a community and treat eachother well. He's looking forward to see what Helium will achieve next.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
Ganja <3
September 30, 2018, 07:58:30 AM
so almost normal rewards are coming. no news in 2 weeks about cryptopia. thats unprofessional and absolut no fair start. im going to dump mine when market open and leave this project. good job waited over 1 year for nothing. THANKS DEV!
Activity: 272
Paranoid In Chief
September 29, 2018, 03:35:47 PM

fun fact...

GO HELIUM...

legendary
born once atheist
September 29, 2018, 01:14:05 PM

fun fact...

GO HELIUM...
Activity: 307
Merit: 100
0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282
September 29, 2018, 04:15:43 AM
Just to provide some perspective: the length of the reduced reward period was a result of an open discussion and the result was voted upon by the community, all in full knowledge that it was a mere guess and that the listing date would be up to Cryptopia's discretion. So there isn't really any room for finger pointing in that regard as well.

I have my coins on Cryptopia as well and I appreciate that the community decided to start with reduced rewards in the first place.

I still have a hard time understanding why you'd release the wallet before Topia committed to a market open date or - if they'd not commit - wait till trading is open.

Esp. since you wrote earlier "We've been in contact with Cryptopia ever since main net went live and indeed they're always very fast to respond. There is no ETA yet but there will be more news on that later this week." - now the work week is over and no news. Don't know if it is again only on Discord, but at least nothing here.
September 29, 2018, 02:18:57 AM
so I did the math....
and according to this calculator
in 2 days when block reward hits 5 coins per block  (25 times what it is currently... ie .2 coins/block)
at current difficulty, 1000 staked coins generates (.3688*25) or just over 9 coins a day.

hmmm, I'd venture to say the folks who held spreadcoins in local wallet at snapshot rather than Cryptopia
must be getting a warm fuzzy right about now....

https://www.heliumchain.info/#/pos/1000

and I guess that the rest of us with coins in Cryptopia feel left behind by the team and feel that the team could have handled this better and not just put the blame on Cryptopia. So, some (a minority it seems) with a warm fuzzy feeling and the majority feel cheated. Not good I believe for the future. The team should have had all this dealt with before launching. It's too easy to just point the finger at Cryptopia.

Just to provide some perspective: the length of the reduced reward period was a result of an open discussion and the result was voted upon by the community, all in full knowledge that it was a mere guess and that the listing date would be up to Cryptopia's discretion. So there isn't really any room for finger pointing in that regard as well.

I have my coins on Cryptopia as well and I appreciate that the community decided to start with reduced rewards in the first place.
Activity: 693
Merit: 508
September 29, 2018, 02:02:07 AM
so I did the math....
in 2 days when block reward hits 5 coins per block  (25 times what it is currently... ie .2 coins/block)
at current difficulty, 1000 staked coins generates (.3688*25) or just over 9 coins a day.

hmmm, I'd venture to say the folks who held spreadcoins in local wallet at snapshot rather than Cryptopia

and I guess that the rest of us with coins in Cryptopia feel left behind by the team and feel that the team could have handled this better and not just put the blame on Cryptopia. So, some (a minority it seems) with a warm fuzzy feeling and the majority feel cheated. Not good I believe for the future. The team should have had all this dealt with before launching. It's too easy to just point the finger at Cryptopia.

How can the helium devs make cryptopia exchange admins do anything, all they can do is ask, and nag, and I assume they're doing both everyday.

On another issues, is staking returns competitive with running masternode?

I was thinking of a more professional approach than asking and nagging, where the devs talk to Cryptopia prior to launch and negotiate an agreement and maybe wait to release the wallets until Crytopia is ready to open the Helium market and deposits / withdrawals. Nagging sounds like a bunch of toddlers....
Activity: 1068
Merit: 523
September 29, 2018, 01:38:30 AM
so I did the math....

How can the helium devs make cryptopia exchange admins do anything, all they can do is ask, and nag, and I assume they're doing both everyday.

On another issues, is staking returns competitive with running masternode?
Activity: 693
Merit: 508
September 29, 2018, 01:01:03 AM
so I did the math....

legendary
born once atheist
September 28, 2018, 08:16:04 PM
so I did the math....

Activity: 307
Merit: 100
0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282
September 28, 2018, 02:38:10 PM
Sooo... weekend again, I guess that means no news from 'Topia till Monday, right?
Pages:
Jump to: