Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM - page 21. (Read 189461 times)

Activity: 1134
Merit: 167
July 10, 2018, 06:55:57 PM
what's up with this Helium thing? i have few Helium IOUs in my wallet and have seen it as a dead project. but each time i pull up my BCT i keep seeing fresh talks about it.

Is it resurrecting?

Never really died, but changed ownership, sort of. Community banded together to move it forward and we're close to producing a live product. As stated  above, Karma will drop a new ANN when he has dates, complete partnership details, etc. It won't be far off. We'll drop it here as well, so you all are up to date of what is going on. It should contain a lot of the details some members here have been asking.
and I hope helium can thrive and live so that this project is running as planned and I see improvement in this project is very significant from the beginning
Activity: 116
Merit: 22
July 10, 2018, 01:53:52 AM
By popular demand, another blog post:

https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/blog/july-10th-last-hurdles

This took a while since there was a very very long list of things to be checked off and since things move fast and dynamically anything posted today would have been irrelevant a day later already.

@chiyenbtre our developers are currently working on finalizing everything. The wallets posted are not far off from the eventual final release so you can check them out and give them a swing on testnet.

There is no date for mainnet release. I've heard its getting closer every day though.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
July 09, 2018, 10:37:05 PM
.... with a bot like posting. ....

F**king bastard bots polluting this thread again as usual. (Seems like legendaries trigger them)
Feel free to report them like I do. Nuking usually occurs shortly thereafter...Thanx mods
...and thanx faetos & team, great job! (don't reply to spam bots btw... lol)
Activity: 744
Merit: 514
gotta let a coin be a coin
July 08, 2018, 12:34:26 PM
what's up with this Helium thing? i have few Helium IOUs in my wallet and have seen it as a dead project. but each time i pull up my BCT i keep seeing fresh talks about it.

Is it resurrecting?

Never really died, but changed ownership, sort of. Community banded together to move it forward and we're close to producing a live product. As stated  above, Karma will drop a new ANN when he has dates, complete partnership details, etc. It won't be far off. We'll drop it here as well, so you all are up to date of what is going on. It should contain a lot of the details some members here have been asking.
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
July 08, 2018, 12:00:58 PM

Is it resurrecting?
July 08, 2018, 11:32:54 AM
Riveting project, witting vision! 

Never heard of witting vision. I'll use this somewhere this week - hide it in code comments somewhere. Probably best in a power point inflating an executive's ego. If someone asks I'll just say I heard it on Sky.
July 08, 2018, 11:29:41 AM
As for a working wallet you can download our current version and try it out on testnet. https://github.com/heliumchain/helium/releases/tag/v0.14.1 lists the Windows and Mac binaries. I'll be working on a deb package for Linux this week. If you want to participate on Testnet make sure to add testnet=1 in the helium.conf file (%APPDATA%/Helium - Windows, ~/Library/Application Support/Helium on Mac and .helium on Linux.) You can also edit these files directly via the client.
July 08, 2018, 11:25:14 AM
We are wrapping up the work on the Treasury which is the last major milestone for the code. I expect that to be knocked out in the next few days. Karma is going to announce a new partnership which will be accompanied by a new ANN thread, because this was started by Coins and he went AWOL last year. We're getting some dev help from Richy's friends at Phore to help us through the Cryptopia listing and any gotchas that they experienced releasing Phore. There's really not much left for launch unless Cryptopia comes back with a lot of stuff to do. I don't think they will, because we have tested in mainnet and have an active testnet going and all is going according to plan. I know you all would love a date and I would love to provide it, but I really don't see this taking any more than a month to go live. We'll post the new ANN in here when Karma puts it up.
Activity: 506
Merit: 250
July 08, 2018, 02:10:38 AM
still waiting.....
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
July 08, 2018, 12:30:17 AM
Most of the thread now are getting bombard by newbie and brand new account  with a bot like posting. back to Helium the folks have bought SPR like crazy when they read about the Helium drop because of its tech and a very active dev  but after the hype went down project get halted and here we are wondering how long will it take for them to release a working wallet.
Activity: 91
July 08, 2018, 12:02:52 AM

So how long are you willing to wait then? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? For you does Helium ever become a failed project?

As I'm an old school Spreadcoin miner all my  potential Helium assets are house money
so admittedly I don't have any skin in the game.
Personally if I gain a dollar its not a failure..I'm a dollar up.
I cant speak for folks who have a lot of time and $ invested however.
Thats not to say I don't wish Helium the very best no matter how long it takes.
I absolutely do. The community sound like really decent hard working honest crypto folks.

If you think BitConnect is the 'typical' ICO ...

Remove the word "other" from my above post. Agreed bitconnect is not a typical ICO.
The point I was attempting to make was most if not all icos are scams.
I guess I was kinda doing the strawman thing

then you haven't been paying attention to what is going on out there.

Actually I have. I've been actively following crypto since 2013.
(Bought a bunch of Auroracoin on Cryptsy back then and made a killing on my first ever pump and dump.)

There are scores of quality projects with interesting tech and good use of blockchain.

You mean like Auroracoin??  lol  (just kidding around. no disrespect)

I don't think Helium is a scam, nor do I think they owe anybody anything. But there is a point when missed (self-imposed) deadlines become laughable. If people are that poor at setting their own timetable, maybe project management isn't their strongsuit.

I guess I dont take crypto as seriously as most around these parts.
Don't get me wrong though, I want it (crypto in general) to succeed as much as any cryptocoin fanboy/girl.
It's just that until I see it accepted and utilized by average joe, like credit cards and paypal,
(and sometimes I wonder if that will indeed ever happen)
I will always see it as a fringe cult hobby thing that I enjoy and make some profit on the side.
And just smh at the amount of scammery that happens in this realm.
Timetables really don't concern me tbh...

GO HELIUM!!! 

(and England in World Cup!!)

SPR holder as well Smiley  I see this as a hidden gem that one had to be in around a year ago or so - have some skin it though. I have patience so am willing to wait for this beauty. Go ENGLAND!!
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
July 07, 2018, 09:31:15 PM

So how long are you willing to wait then? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? For you does Helium ever become a failed project?

As I'm an old school Spreadcoin miner all my  potential Helium assets are house money
so admittedly I don't have any skin in the game.
Personally if I gain a dollar its not a failure..I'm a dollar up.
I cant speak for folks who have a lot of time and $ invested however.
Thats not to say I don't wish Helium the very best no matter how long it takes.
I absolutely do. The community sound like really decent hard working honest crypto folks.

If you think BitConnect is the 'typical' ICO ...

Remove the word "other" from my above post. Agreed bitconnect is not a typical ICO.
The point I was attempting to make was most if not all icos are scams.
I guess I was kinda doing the strawman thing

then you haven't been paying attention to what is going on out there.

Actually I have. I've been actively following crypto since 2013.
(Bought a bunch of Auroracoin on Cryptsy back then and made a killing on my first ever pump and dump.)

There are scores of quality projects with interesting tech and good use of blockchain.

You mean like Auroracoin??  lol  (just kidding around. no disrespect)

I don't think Helium is a scam, nor do I think they owe anybody anything. But there is a point when missed (self-imposed) deadlines become laughable. If people are that poor at setting their own timetable, maybe project management isn't their strongsuit.

I guess I dont take crypto as seriously as most around these parts.
Don't get me wrong though, I want it (crypto in general) to succeed as much as any cryptocoin fanboy/girl.
It's just that until I see it accepted and utilized by average joe, like credit cards and paypal,
(and sometimes I wonder if that will indeed ever happen)
I will always see it as a fringe cult hobby thing that I enjoy and make some profit on the side.
And just smh at the amount of scammery that happens in this realm.
Timetables really don't concern me tbh...

GO HELIUM!!! 

(and England in World Cup!!)

Activity: 116
Merit: 22
July 07, 2018, 08:39:55 PM

I think the 0.04 BTC you offered to use our name on on your website is a bit miserly really. I mean this is a community run project and there are a lot of costs that'll need to be covered.

0.5 BTC would sound a lot more fair to everyone involved here.
Activity: 91
July 07, 2018, 07:50:27 PM
Add "HELIUM (HLM)" to TOP Masternodes (Rating) https://l2rx.com

People, we need to add coin in rating Masternodes.
Our coin: "№ 174 HELIUM (HLM)" https://l2rx.com/add.php

https://l2rx.com/img_top/Screenshot_316.png

Let us launch Helium first and then we will talk about ratings.

Not quite sure about their 'rating' system - Crave is listed as #2. I like Crave and run a mn, but really, #2? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000
July 07, 2018, 02:37:50 PM

Well it is rather difficult to bring a project of Helium's scope to fruition without money. Think it is actually awesome to see how people picked up in March and decided to do it regardless the first attempt. What sirazimuth is probably pointing at is that things become a whole lot easier when you have a couple million in ICO funds behind you and that, for that very reason, you should cut the Helium people a lot more slack than you would cut an ICO project. That includes missed deadlines.

Sure it's a lot easier with a couple million in ICO funds. I'm pretty sure the Helium team knew they wouldn't have a couple million in ICO funds since they had no plan to do an ICO. Nobody here is holding Helium to some timeline other than the one they themselves set. And really, people aren't even holding them to that. But there comes a point when missed deadlines become plain ridiculous.

And anyway, the key players behind Helium may well have a million or more from the runup in their Spreadcoin holdings. I don't think it's a secret that they had many bags of Spread.
Activity: 272
Merit: 107
Paranoid In Chief
July 05, 2018, 04:58:43 PM

Valid concerns, I also would like to know how the economic model for Helium looks like atm. I think the best solution would be to start a new ANN thread once the mainnet launches and trading starts on Cryptopia.

Karma already has a new ANN ready for the launch.
Anyway, don't worry, all the guides and info I think is completely covered.
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
July 05, 2018, 03:11:53 PM
It also isn't motivating for me to work on it considering nearly 90% or more of folks will dump their product the moment it releases.Why spend what little time I have left working for that goal?
I fully understand this and actually have to remind myself from time to time. Unfortunately, when HLM started out, it was touted as an agile project driven by a clear business plan and less a community effort. It has morphed into something else now.

One of the most galling pieces in this evolution was the "no communication" part. There was never a time @coins101 stepped forward to tell people he has dropped out of active development or isn't able to do the actual coding. We still don't really know what his role is - enterprise business development I hear, but are there actually leads or is he just waiting for release?

I have asked in the past (always got brushed off with a "wait till release") and am going to ask again here: what are the tokenomics of HLM? The ANN still states:

Code:
Technical Architecture
* Total Coin Supply 20m
* Block release is 7% per year
* Block reward: 45% miners; 45% master nodes; 10% project development funding, users chosen funding.
* PoW only algo X11 (with a review being made to change to something else after we fork off DASH code).
* Block time 2.5 minutes
* Difficulty 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2)
* Difficulty retargets using Dark Gravity Wave (created by Evan Duffield)

And this is obviously no longer true. So, what are we looking at? Is the sheet at https://www.heliumlabs.org/docs/helium-supply-reference still relevant?

The heliumlabs blog has had the last entry roughly 4w ago, previously we got updates every 14d. The medium has had the last (and only) post in April.

I fear you are right that most holders will dump instantly to make back at least a couple of cents on the Dollar. This has nothing to do with your work, but a lot with communications, investor outreach and community engagement.

Valid concerns, I also would like to know how the economic model for Helium looks like atm. I think the best solution would be to start a new ANN thread once the mainnet launches and trading starts on Cryptopia.
Activity: 272
Merit: 107
Paranoid In Chief
July 05, 2018, 03:05:32 PM

Let us launch Helium first and then we will talk about ratings.
Activity: 168
July 05, 2018, 01:38:22 PM
https://l2rx.com/img_top/masternodes_top_rating.jpg

Activity: 307
Merit: 100
0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282
July 04, 2018, 06:03:47 AM
It also isn't motivating for me to work on it considering nearly 90% or more of folks will dump their product the moment it releases.Why spend what little time I have left working for that goal?
I fully understand this and actually have to remind myself from time to time. Unfortunately, when HLM started out, it was touted as an agile project driven by a clear business plan and less a community effort. It has morphed into something else now.

One of the most galling pieces in this evolution was the "no communication" part. There was never a time @coins101 stepped forward to tell people he has dropped out of active development or isn't able to do the actual coding. We still don't really know what his role is - enterprise business development I hear, but are there actually leads or is he just waiting for release?

I have asked in the past (always got brushed off with a "wait till release") and am going to ask again here: what are the tokenomics of HLM? The ANN still states:

Code:
Technical Architecture
* Total Coin Supply 20m
* Block release is 7% per year
* Block reward: 45% miners; 45% master nodes; 10% project development funding, users chosen funding.
* PoW only algo X11 (with a review being made to change to something else after we fork off DASH code).
* Block time 2.5 minutes
* Difficulty 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2)
* Difficulty retargets using Dark Gravity Wave (created by Evan Duffield)

And this is obviously no longer true. So, what are we looking at? Is the sheet at https://www.heliumlabs.org/docs/helium-supply-reference still relevant?

The heliumlabs blog has had the last entry roughly 4w ago, previously we got updates every 14d. The medium has had the last (and only) post in April.

I fear you are right that most holders will dump instantly to make back at least a couple of cents on the Dollar. This has nothing to do with your work, but a lot with communications, investor outreach and community engagement.
Pages:
Jump to: