Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM - page 22. (Read 189458 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1003
July 04, 2018, 12:19:08 AM
update - our new source repo is here - https://github.com/heliumchain/helium. We've completed testing and are now all passing via Travis-CI: https://travis-ci.org/heliumchain/helium. We're in a good spot.
Thank you for the update i have not been in the thread for a while so a lot of back reads, from what i read its the same thing people are asking for the wallet and for sure after that they will ask for exchange listing. keep this in mind this is not an ICO they have no money to pay for extra developer, a lot of ICO now a days are either scammers or just in it for the money its a set and forget ICO.
Activity: 846
Merit: 115
July 03, 2018, 10:13:30 PM
Hlm should have at least gave us a generic qt wallet by now. That way the weak hands can dump and the strong hands can scoop. What helium is afraid of? We would dump? Give us a qt wallet and let the market decide what helium is worth. No need to hold us hostage. It's been way to long. Let the product and white paper speak for itself
legendary
Activity: 1291
Merit: 1000
July 03, 2018, 04:14:45 PM

Well I suppose if one is used to scammy-ass ICO launches all full of hype and zero substance
save for youtube vids of some suited bullethead asshat prancing across the stage, bellowing like a retard,
then yeah, as this launch doesn’t exactly follow that shitcoin SOP, or any other typical crypto ico nonsense,
one may become somewhat impatient.
Just sayin....

So how long are you willing to wait then? 2 years? 5 years? 10 years? For you does Helium ever become a failed project?

If you think BitConnect is the 'typical' ICO then you haven't been paying attention to what is going on out there. There are scores of quality projects with interesting tech and good use of blockchain.

I don't think Helium is a scam, nor do I think they owe anybody anything. But there is a point when missed (self-imposed) deadlines become laughable. If people are that poor at setting their own timetable, maybe project management isn't their strongsuit.
Activity: 744
Merit: 514
gotta let a coin be a coin
July 03, 2018, 11:36:20 AM
that video is something else. High douchery all around. Who knows what will happen here. I've completed my input into the codebase. There's some treasury work to do. If we were doing what those dbags did in the video then it'd be a 5 minute change. I'm not justifying the long wait. Unfortunately, when you have some folks contributing that are doing this on a volunteer basis other priorities trump work on this effort. It also isn't motivating for me to work on it considering nearly 90% or more of folks will dump their product the moment it releases.Why spend what little time I have left working for that goal?
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
July 03, 2018, 09:37:39 AM
I was starting to get excited by the updates and progress, then I just saw Q3 this year.  So it looks like it is going to be a while still.  I will go back to sleep and keep checking back.  It is a shame so much momentum for this was lost.  I hope Helium can regain some of that mojo for the launch.

Q3 is due next week Smiley

Well I was implying that I am not holding my breath anymore.  If it launches great, but my enthusiasm is dying here.  We have been waiting for a very long time and all we have now is "hope" that something happens.  Just seems like this project was dealt a serious set back and don't know how to gauge it's ability to deliver on what was planned for this coin any more.

Well I suppose if one is used to scammy-ass ICO launches all full of hype and zero substance
save for youtube vids of some suited bullethead asshat prancing across the stage, bellowing like a retard,
then yeah, as this launch doesn’t exactly follow that shitcoin SOP, or any other typical crypto ico nonsense,
Just sayin....

You know, there is a whole spectrum between "scammy-ass ICO launches all full of hype and zero substance" and "almost year delayed no ICO 1:1 airdrop with no hype just substance launch". I agree with @tradingdisaster, crypto landscape was looking completely different in 2017, so Helium advantage may be gone.
Activity: 307
Merit: 100
0xb58D6E68944e195420843fA98c4A3481a5914282
July 03, 2018, 09:14:12 AM

Just sayin....

I dunno man, after a year of waiting, I would appreciate some launch at all. HLM has completely lost all advantage over other masternode coins and when launched will not be more than a "Just another masternode" coin. There are literally hundreds of DASH/PIVX clones now.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
June 28, 2018, 09:59:14 AM
I was starting to get excited by the updates and progress, then I just saw Q3 this year.  So it looks like it is going to be a while still.  I will go back to sleep and keep checking back.  It is a shame so much momentum for this was lost.  I hope Helium can regain some of that mojo for the launch.

Well I was implying that I am not holding my breath anymore.  If it launches great, but my enthusiasm is dying here.  We have been waiting for a very long time and all we have now is "hope" that something happens.  Just seems like this project was dealt a serious set back and don't know how to gauge it's ability to deliver on what was planned for this coin any more.

Just sayin....
June 27, 2018, 08:53:02 PM
update - our new source repo is here - https://github.com/heliumchain/helium. We've completed testing and are now all passing via Travis-CI: https://travis-ci.org/heliumchain/helium. We're in a good spot.
June 26, 2018, 09:09:09 PM
We're finishing running through our test cases. It's challenging but the community has come together to help out. Karma has some Enterprise news in a week or two. Development should be done this week barring any weird issues. We tested mainnet before and everything worked as it should. Richy will start working with Cryptopia and then we'll have a realistic launch date.
Activity: 868
Merit: 517
June 26, 2018, 06:28:58 PM
I was starting to get excited by the updates and progress, then I just saw Q3 this year.  So it looks like it is going to be a while still.  I will go back to sleep and keep checking back.  It is a shame so much momentum for this was lost.  I hope Helium can regain some of that mojo for the launch.

Well I was implying that I am not holding my breath anymore.  If it launches great, but my enthusiasm is dying here.  We have been waiting for a very long time and all we have now is "hope" that something happens.  Just seems like this project was dealt a serious set back and don't know how to gauge it's ability to deliver on what was planned for this coin any more.

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
June 26, 2018, 06:11:26 PM
I was starting to get excited by the updates and progress, then I just saw Q3 this year.  So it looks like it is going to be a while still.  I will go back to sleep and keep checking back.  It is a shame so much momentum for this was lost.  I hope Helium can regain some of that mojo for the launch.

Q3 2025 year Smiley
Activity: 116
Merit: 22
June 25, 2018, 07:32:57 AM

Activity: 868
Merit: 517
June 25, 2018, 07:25:36 AM
June 24, 2018, 08:08:01 PM

you will - we are going to launch this. We're cleaning up and getting ready for Cryptopia. I was really pleased with how well everything worked on mainnet during the trial. I'm in the process now of adding more seed nodes and rolling back the trial code that Graham put in. He's a true wizard and without him this would have gone nowhere.

OK, could we get an update - if possible with a rough timeline - please?

In a project such as this deadlines are bad. They'll give people false expectations and put the volunteer devs under pressure.

To answer the question: we've been running main net trials for a good 2 weeks nows. Everything seems to be working more or less and all the errors and funky stuffs are being addressed.

But the guys currently having a go at it wont settle for 'more or less' so they'll code until they've got everything right.

Rough timeline: Q3 2018

June 24, 2018, 05:43:47 PM

you will - we are going to launch this. We're cleaning up and getting ready for Cryptopia. I was really pleased with how well everything worked on mainnet during the trial. I'm in the process now of adding more seed nodes and rolling back the trial code that Graham put in. He's a true wizard and without him this would have gone nowhere.

OK, could we get an update - if possible with a rough timeline - please?
June 19, 2018, 06:12:00 PM
Another month passed and I made my check-in on helium. Glad to hear there's progress, still skeptical but think that will be dissuaded soon...I hope

legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 3514
born once atheist
June 19, 2018, 05:12:05 PM
Mainnet testing is going great. We successfully switched from PoW to PoS to prepare to getting this on Cryptopia. Things are going really, really well. Mainnet is healthy and so far things are looking good.

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311
June 19, 2018, 12:03:01 PM
Another month passed and I made my check-in on helium. Glad to hear there's progress, still skeptical but think that will be dissuaded soon...I hope
June 19, 2018, 08:19:35 AM
Mainnet testing is going great. We successfully switched from PoW to PoS to prepare to getting this on Cryptopia. Things are going really, really well. Mainnet is healthy and so far things are looking good.
It should be listed on cryptopia since it is the only exchange that support the fork but if cryptopia will ask for a listing fee that would be another problem for the devs since helium has no ICO to fund the high listing fee.

Karmashark took care of the listing in summer last year (he is to be reimbursed from the treasury) so that is all taken care of. Cryptopia went out of their way to accommodate us during the snapshot.They even reserved a staff member for it. Poor guy slept about 3 hours a day in the days before and after the snapshot. The high volume raped the SPR network and they were there in the Slack answering questions, spinning up nodes and hacking away at things to keep transactions going. So nothing but praise for Cryptopia and the way they handled things.

As mentioned by faetos: yesterday's trial appeared to be a success. We witnessed the POW mining (necessary to kick start the chain) successfully switch to POS. This is a milestone. I'm not part of the dev team but do understand that this isn't a vanilla PIVX fork. We'll start with the ledger transfer in place (the SPR airdrop), a treasury in place and need to POW mine a POS coin to get it all working as intended.

June 19, 2018, 01:57:29 AM

Thanks a lot for that status update! I am very happy to be kept in the loop

It should be listed on cryptopia since it is the only exchange that support the fork but if cryptopia will ask for a listing fee that would be another problem for the devs since helium has no ICO to fund the high listing fee.

I don't think there will be a listing fee - HLM is visible on Cryptopia, I can see my balance, it's just "under maintenance" since 6 months. I wonder about 'topias patience, though...
Pages:
Jump to: