Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HLM] HELIUM - page 3. (Read 189392 times)

Activity: 116
Merit: 22
November 11, 2018, 06:41:06 AM
Where is the download for the wallet qt?
nvm lol how do I get the wallet to staking is active?

All you really have to do is unlock your wallet and keep it online. Staking should happen automatically. There are some guides and troubleshooters on www.heliumlabs.org
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
November 10, 2018, 08:56:15 PM
nvm lol how do I get the wallet to staking is active?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
November 10, 2018, 07:37:43 PM
November 09, 2018, 04:37:55 AM
can someone tell me why my mn1 need everytime some hours longer for getting a reward than mn2. i started mn1 + mn2 at the same time and got from mn2 already 2 rewards more than from mn1.
so i got now in 15 days from mn1 9 rewards and from mn2 11 rewards
thats 1 reward per week i get less with it. looks not normal for me.

Masternodes work with a payment cycle. They start all the way at the bottom and move up block by block. Once at the top they have a chance to be paid. So there is still some chance involved and some nodes may be "luckier" than others.

On a side note: there is an update with regards to our Governance in the new ann topic:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annhlm-helium-decentralized-services-digital-networks-main-net-live-5056752
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
Ganja <3
November 06, 2018, 08:36:25 PM
can someone tell me why my mn1 need everytime some hours longer for getting a reward than mn2. i started mn1 + mn2 at the same time and got from mn2 already 2 rewards more than from mn1.
so i got now in 15 days from mn1 9 rewards and from mn2 11 rewards
thats 1 reward per week i get less with it. looks not normal for me.
sud
Activity: 826
Merit: 301
November 02, 2018, 03:04:33 PM
@cradox

Nice site, they plan to implement a lot of features for sure. But I like masternodes.online service more, it's simple and has almost all MN coins out there. Helium was also added there recently, so to can check what will be your daily rewards.

https://masternodes.online/currencies/HLM/
October 31, 2018, 01:57:59 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand its done  Grin

appreciated!

Now if you all please continue conversation in the new ANN topic Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annhlm-helium-decentralized-services-digital-networks-main-net-live-5056752

fixed everything in one post and posted it to the new ANN topic.
Update the guide in the website if you want as well.

Will do!
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
October 31, 2018, 04:49:09 AM
what is the % return per year with the pos?
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484
born once atheist
October 29, 2018, 04:18:12 PM

The 'masternode outputs' command yields only this:

"11:23:01 [
]"

FWIW...during my failed endeavors to set up a Masternode , I had exact same thing happen to me.
So started again and I made another transaction of 1000 HLM  to a new address,
then after 1 confirm I tried the "masternode outputs" command again and voila, it worked and spat out a tx id ...go figure...
(too bad that wasn't my only issue....)
Activity: 670
Merit: 130
October 29, 2018, 03:44:14 AM

appreciated!

fixed everything in one post and posted it to the new ANN topic.
Update the guide in the website if you want as well.
Activity: 153
Merit: 102
October 29, 2018, 01:12:09 AM
Where are these support channels found that are referenced in the masternode setup guide?

"Helium community on Discord: TBA (#help for technical support)"?  "#masternodes and we will help you fix it."  Where does one find the "Helium community on Discord"?  Is #masternodes also on discord?

These instructions are not working for me: https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/docs/masternode-setup-guide

The 'masternode outputs' command yields only this:

"11:23:01 [
]"
October 29, 2018, 12:13:16 AM

appreciated!

legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 3484
born once atheist
October 28, 2018, 11:38:34 AM
Hey, heliumchain.info's staking reward estimates seem to be way off. Like in reality I get half to 1/3rd as much rewards as it suggests.
A user (unobt) told me he's using 50*staking_amount/difficulty for estimating HLM rewards per day which seems spot on to me. I think that should be the correct equation on heliumchain.info.

I don't have masternodes so I'm wondering, does the sites masternode reward estimates correct?

Yes, I have already changed the way to calculate the reward for PoS at heliumchain.info, so the estimates should be quite correct right now.
If anyone has any more suggestions for the page, tell me.

Well if I'm reading this right and it is indeed accurate, staking 1000 HLM is currently more profitable than masternoding.
Fine by me.

(DING... speak of the devil... 2.5 HLM incoming)
legendary
October 28, 2018, 04:57:58 AM
shitty value, if i had sold spreadcoin at the peak would have been a better choice..

seems there is a good staking here what the %?

You're still holding spread coins ? I know that a lot of people just bought at the top and probably now they have an useless bag (because that's a useless coin, so to speak)

no you did not read correctly, i sold them long time ago, but it was a mistake seen the value of helium...
Activity: 670
Merit: 130
October 28, 2018, 03:14:35 AM
October 27, 2018, 05:38:12 PM

When you create your masternode, you enter a command "getaccountaddress MN1" (or you replace MN1 with anything you want, call yours DERP1 if you want to).  That getaccountaddress command gives you the address you send your collateral to, but it also tells your wallet the name of your masternode.  That is how you name your masternode.  Then the masternode.conf file references that same name.  Your masternode.conf file will then have a line that says "MN1 129.125.72.152:9009 YOURPRIVATEKEY MASTERNODEOUTPUT TXID" only those last three variables are replaced by whatever your values are.  That's it.  You might be making it harder than it actually needs to be.

Moved 1000 helium to 1 address
I've done all config file edits on both controller wallet and masternode wallet.
Ran that command in both wallets.
still get... "Error reading masternode configuration file: could not parse masternode.conf Line 1  "MN1"  "
(or whatever I call it. It won't parse 1st line. I have to un-edit file back to launch wallet)

So I guess I'm missing something fundamental here.
derp derp derp...  I give up.  
I will tip any masternode geniuses who can figure out wtf I'm doing wrong.

yesterday i helped someone on slack to setup his MN. By the end of the process everything was running smoothly. i hope it was you and you got your mn running  Grin
https://imgur.com/a/ChGcPtJ

I wrote the guide (https://www.heliumlabs.org/v1.0/docs/masternode-setup-guide-windows-local) on the fly while trying to help someone in here without running a mn that time cause i had my coins in cryptopia.

If you run the controller/mn, 2 different wallets but same machine setup you have to add to the configs  (helium.conf) the rpcport command and specify different rpcports for two wallets (controller/mn) else you get an error that the rpc could not be binded.

For example on Controller Wallet:
Code:
rpcuser=long random username
rpcpassword=longer random password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=xxxx (a port number different from MN port and MN rpcport) --> for example rpcport=2222
listen=0 --> this line is not mandatory
server=1 --> this line is not mandatory
daemon=1 --> this line is not mandatory
logtimestamps=1 --> this line is not mandatory
maxconnections=256 --> this line is not mandatory

While on MN Wallet:
Code:
rpcuser=long random username
rpcpassword=long random password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=2223
listen=1
server=1
daemon=1
logtimestamps=1
maxconnections=256
masternode=1
externalip=Your_PUBLIC_IP
bind=Your_INTERNAL_IP
masternodeaddr=Your_PUBLIC_IP:9009
masternodeprivkey=YOUR_MN_PRIV_KEY

If you'd edit all of this into the OP where you posted the initial guide this would be very helpful. We had quite a lot of users asking for support with this set up and I could update the guide I copy pasted.
Activity: 272
Merit: 107
Paranoid In Chief
October 27, 2018, 10:41:45 AM
Hey, heliumchain.info's staking reward estimates seem to be way off. Like in reality I get half to 1/3rd as much rewards as it suggests.
A user (unobt) told me he's using 50*staking_amount/difficulty for estimating HLM rewards per day which seems spot on to me. I think that should be the correct equation on heliumchain.info.

I don't have masternodes so I'm wondering, does the sites masternode reward estimates correct?

Yes, I have already changed the way to calculate the reward for PoS at heliumchain.info, so the estimates should be quite correct right now.
If anyone has any more suggestions for the page, tell me.
Activity: 616
Merit: 145
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
October 27, 2018, 08:02:16 AM
shitty value, if i had sold spreadcoin at the peak would have been a better choice..

You're still holding spread coins ? I know that a lot of people just bought at the top and probably now they have an useless bag (because that's a useless coin, so to speak)
legendary
October 27, 2018, 03:55:26 AM

Activity: 449
Merit: 250
Belief in the immutable.
October 26, 2018, 08:22:27 PM
https://coinhub.news has just published an article regarding Helium and our plans for the future:

https://coinhub.news/cs/article/helium-decentralized-currency-and-service-platform-for-enterprise-business

On behalf of the Helium community I'd like to thank the Kreds project for making this possible. They've been following Helium closely and were kind enough to give us this exposure.

Excellent article looking good Helium!
Pages:
Jump to: