Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 113. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Hi guys,

Any news on this? I just done a git pull to the latest but the error still remains  Sad
I've had to remove HUC from my node until I can get a pre-compiled binary to try......anyone?

Or has nobody else been able to compile it on Xubuntu 14.04 64bit either?......

What issues are you having compiling it?

Ill take a crack at getting Cryptsy's wallet back online tonight

I have no issues compiling it at all, zero errors - running it is the problem - it keeps throwing me the DB error mentioned earlier....
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002
I've had to remove HUC from my node until I can get a pre-compiled binary to try......anyone?

What issues are you having compiling it?

Ill take a crack at getting Cryptsy's wallet back online tonight
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

It works without any problems for me on Debian Wheezy.  But I don't know if my binary helps you in any way.  (Not much experience with GNU/Linux binaries, since I either compile from source or use the existing Debian package when available.)

Still didn't get mine running on Xubuntu 64bit yet...... Sad

However, I did get it working on a winblows machine: I transferred the newly downloaded blockchain & the wallet.dat from my Linux rig to the PC to find that it works perfectly - so I now know that the blockchain & wallet.dat isn't corrupted, which leaves the Linux daemon as the culprit for my problems. Looks like something has changed on my Xubuntu setup since compiling the last Huntercoin daemon that is causing the problem - but I don't recall making any changes at all...... Huh

Is there a link to a pre-compiled Linux daemon anywhere?

Peace  Smiley

Maybe it is related to the system BDB version.  However, I'd only expect problems if it was downgraded - which, presumably, did not happen.  Upgrades through the system update (or something else) should be fine.

Doesn't HUC use the same BDB as NMC? I've compiled & updated NMC wallets on the same machine no problem - currently running NMC v3.80

Yes.  If NMC works for you, than it should with HUC as well.  (Unless there's something weird happening, like your NMC wallet was created when your system still had the older version of BDB and is thus compatible, and the HUC wallet was created with a newer version ... but all of that seems not really plausible.)

Right, that's what I thought. Everything has been fine until this latest update - I've had to remove HUC from my node until I can get a pre-compiled binary to try......anyone?
legendary

However, I did get it working on a winblows machine: I transferred the newly downloaded blockchain & the wallet.dat from my Linux rig to the PC to find that it works perfectly - so I now know that the blockchain & wallet.dat isn't corrupted, which leaves the Linux daemon as the culprit for my problems. Looks like something has changed on my Xubuntu setup since compiling the last Huntercoin daemon that is causing the problem - but I don't recall making any changes at all...... Huh

Peace  Smiley

Maybe it is related to the system BDB version.  However, I'd only expect problems if it was downgraded - which, presumably, did not happen.  Upgrades through the system update (or something else) should be fine.

Doesn't HUC use the same BDB as NMC? I've compiled & updated NMC wallets on the same machine no problem - currently running NMC v3.80

Yes.  If NMC works for you, than it should with HUC as well.  (Unless there's something weird happening, like your NMC wallet was created when your system still had the older version of BDB and is thus compatible, and the HUC wallet was created with a newer version ... but all of that seems not really plausible.)

Peace  Smiley

legendary

Peace  Smiley

Peace  Smiley
Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
Yeah, I even removed everything apart from the huntercoin.conf & wallet.dat files & still got the same error. If I can find a link to the previous wallet version on git I'll try that again.....

try removing wallet.dat, it will generate an empty one, if it works, then it's the wallet that's compromised (and this is what i think the problem is)

i'm trying to implement a C# utility to read wallet.dat keys and import them in a new wallet

Yup, tried that too - same result.

I succeeded at fixing my wallet
I've done a C# utility that parse the wallet.dat using the barkeley provider and applying correct alghoritm to read the private key, then once i've read all the private key from the corrupted wallet, i've used them to call "importprivkey" RPC command (with false as 3rd parameter to prevent a rescan every key added) over an active huntercoind.exe instance that was using an empty wallet
at this point all my addresses were on the new wallet so i just launched again the daemon with the -rescan option and after a long time (it had to do the whole blockchain scan for every address i imported, and were a lot) it ended up with a fixed wallet!
Yeah, I even removed everything apart from the huntercoin.conf & wallet.dat files & still got the same error. If I can find a link to the previous wallet version on git I'll try that again.....

try removing wallet.dat, it will generate an empty one, if it works, then it's the wallet that's compromised (and this is what i think the problem is)

i'm trying to implement a C# utility to read wallet.dat keys and import them in a new wallet

Yup, tried that too - same result.
Developer!

I assume all tried without a wallet? (to confirm it's something to do with wallet/new version.

i'm using different wallets and working on ubuntu and win7-64.. although no tx's in ubuntu wallet

any backup wallets to try?
tried using old version again?

did you remove all other files, and database directory etc (i found this can sometimes cause issues).

legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
I assume all tried without a wallet? (to confirm it's something to do with wallet/new version.

i'm using different wallets and working on ubuntu and win7-64.. although no tx's in ubuntu wallet

any backup wallets to try?
tried using old version again?

did you remove all other files, and database directory etc (i found this can sometimes cause issues).

same here

EXCEPTION: 11DbException       
Db::open: Invalid argument       
C:\Huntercoin\huntercoind.exe in AppInit() 

update:
in debug.log, last line before the error was Loading wallet... so i think it depend on the wallet, could be a compromised wallet, now i'll try with a rescan

update2:
impossible to issue -rescan because the error is during the wallet load, so before the daemon has a chance to try rescan
i think the only way is to export all keys from a wallet to another, anyone know a fast way to do that?

Yeah, I also tried the reindex & rescan options on both the new & old blockchain with the same result. Thanks for clarifying MithrilMan - I thought it was just me...... Tongue
Developer!
same here

Db::open: Invalid argument      
C:\Huntercoin\huntercoind.exe in AppInit()  

update:
in debug.log, last line before the error was Loading wallet... so i think it depend on the wallet, could be a compromised wallet, now i'll try with a rescan

update2:
impossible to issue -rescan because the error is during the wallet load, so before the daemon has a chance to try rescan
i think the only way is to export all keys from a wallet to another, anyone know a fast way to do that?
Hi guys, need a little help here. Since updating the wallet to the latest version I've been unable to start the wallet, getting this error:

Code:
Dbc::get: Invalid argument
huntercoin in AppInit()

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'DbException'
  what():  Dbc::get: Invalid argument

I'm running Xubuntu 64bit & have 8 other wallets on this machine - all compiled from git without issue (including NMC). I get this error weather I'm using the new blockchain from http://chain.hutnercoin.org or with an empty data directory apart from the conf & wallet.dat files. I've not changed a thing since compiling the last huntercoin daemon & I get zero errors when compiling.

Are there any pre-compiled Linux binaries available for me to try anywhere?  I'm stumped  Tongue
Activity: 1
Merit: 0
Mithril, that looks like a lot of major improvements. HUC should do quite well once the little bugs are fixed. It is one of the coolest coins and market cap is under 10k right now.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
still awaiting F2pool to confirm they have updated to 1.1.01 -

Polo exchange frozen and i believe crypsty are waiting for confirmation also

Wallet guys on Cryptsy have been notified.
Jump to: