Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 108. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
hyperboria - next internet
Tried to play my 800 huc in game.. imposibble there is one guy controlling all exit zones except the coins that are closer to the spawn area. i can't play this sorry

besides i lost 400 huc just on the disaster thingy

Disspointed

It's true. I'm also were trying to return to playing. Wasted about 100 hucs and quit. We need a new gameplay obviously. What about ChronoKings, is it under development?

we are discussion about gameplay changes here, please contribute: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/board,5.0.html

we are talking about:
- removing disaster kill (please says your thoughts)
- implementing teleports

basically, i'm for removing disaster to preserve player money and introduce a teleport system to speed up things and at the same time give something to game mechanics, implementing something that's near to the "tower defence" concept of many of current games, here my thoughts: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,702.msg3641.html#msg3641

here a summary:
Quote from: MithrilMan

didn't placed letters, etc. but should be pretty clear

note: no TP back to base, i'll tell you why

now let me list how teleport works in my concept because i think it's interesting and i applied some "tower defense" game style to it (it's a trend nowadays)

- everytime you use a teleport, you spend 5 HUCS. This way, the more people you control the more you spend, while we add a lot of fun to the concept  (*1)
- the teleport cost, is added to a loot that belongs to the teleport itself (so the teleport has a value that increase over time)
- teleport LANDING areas are safe zones, no one can trigger destruct there (only landing areas!)
- teleport STARTING areas are NOT safe zones, so anyone can destruct there
- when you get teleported, you can't move for few blocks (5?) [to prevent at some extent the "following" thing snailbrain is afraid of but not punish too much genuine players] (maybe not necessary and would could interfere with next point)
- teleports is active for 20 blocks, then need a 10 blocks recharge time (this thing too to prevent the "following" issue and to complicate a little bit more invasions, etc...
- if an enemy enter into an enemy teleporter STARTING (not landing) area, he doesn't get teleported anywhere
- if an enemy enter into an enemy teleporter STARTING (not landing) area and DESTRUCT, he will get the teleport loot (so all the collected tolls from hunter that used it since last teleport destruct) right into his address, no need to bank it. It's a potential big reward (increase during time like a jackpot) and would be a nice target once it gets high value
- a destructed teleport area inhibit it to works for some time (1 day? it would be very hard and risky to do so it should have a big impact on gameplay too)
- colored peripheral (or even the central ones) landing areas are bank area too (this is why there is no need for a teleport back to base)

hucs can be taken right from hunter value, so you spend 200 to create a hunter, then enter the teleport and it's value is 195, so would be easier to manage the toll required by teleporters instead of taking other sums from address, etc.. and there is a less risk to run out of hucs

I think this would be very funny and worthy and technically the implementation shouldn't be much hard and could be done in this fork

Quote from: bgb
I do wonder if moving the outer landing zone away from the coin spawn would be more appropriate, more to where snailbrain has it.

if you move landing areas enemies would have too much difficult reaching the enemy spawn zone to destroy the teleporters and if someone siege the teleport area, would be cannon fodder because you just need create some hunters of the TP color and to go kill them and then bank in few minutes (as you stated somewhere in the past, sieging teleport areas isn't much an issue)

if we let landing tp areas being bank area too, we mix togheter the "miner" gamestyle with pvp play style better (so who wants to mine have a bank area near, but it's more exposed to enemies so can't farm too easily and anyway with many player, the coins shared would be too few to be relevant)

at the same time, pvp action would be possible everywhere (even because going to enemy spawn area would be worthy after some days of teleport usage)
we could even do that a % of the collected coins from middle banks areas goes to teleport loot, so it would become even more worthy!

i think that this way even the crown would be a bit useless, we could remove it and split its current perblock income among the teleporters and we could give to the crown another meaning (e.g. having a blast radius of 10, so who has the crown can organize an attack to an enemy teleport and so destroy it from a larger distance!

this is the quadrant map with color based on my expected difficult for people that like to mine (passive play style)

green = very easy
yellow/orange = easy but with some risk
red = dangerous

here the quadrant map about my expected pvp actions

Opinions?

I think these changes are great. They will definetely allow newcomers to play and at least get back hucs they've spent on hunters. And maybe this will drag ppl who were playing and quit back into game.

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
Tried to play my 800 huc in game.. imposibble there is one guy controlling all exit zones except the coins that are closer to the spawn area. i can't play this sorry

Disspointed

It's true. I'm also were trying to return to playing. Wasted about 100 hucs and quit. We need a new gameplay obviously. What about ChronoKings, is it under development?

we are discussion about gameplay changes here, please contribute: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/board,5.0.html

we are talking about:
- removing disaster kill (please says your thoughts)
- implementing teleports

basically, i'm for removing disaster to preserve player money and introduce a teleport system to speed up things and at the same time give something to game mechanics, implementing something that's near to the "tower defence" concept of many of current games, here my thoughts: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,702.msg3641.html#msg3641

here a summary:
Quote from: MithrilMan

didn't placed letters, etc. but should be pretty clear

note: no TP back to base, i'll tell you why

now let me list how teleport works in my concept because i think it's interesting and i applied some "tower defense" game style to it (it's a trend nowadays)

- everytime you use a teleport, you spend 5 HUCS. This way, the more people you control the more you spend, while we add a lot of fun to the concept  (*1)
- the teleport cost, is added to a loot that belongs to the teleport itself (so the teleport has a value that increase over time)
- teleport LANDING areas are safe zones, no one can trigger destruct there (only landing areas!)
- teleport STARTING areas are NOT safe zones, so anyone can destruct there
- when you get teleported, you can't move for few blocks (5?) [to prevent at some extent the "following" thing snailbrain is afraid of but not punish too much genuine players] (maybe not necessary and would could interfere with next point)
- teleports is active for 20 blocks, then need a 10 blocks recharge time (this thing too to prevent the "following" issue and to complicate a little bit more invasions, etc...
- if an enemy enter into an enemy teleporter STARTING (not landing) area, he doesn't get teleported anywhere
- if an enemy enter into an enemy teleporter STARTING (not landing) area and DESTRUCT, he will get the teleport loot (so all the collected tolls from hunter that used it since last teleport destruct) right into his address, no need to bank it. It's a potential big reward (increase during time like a jackpot) and would be a nice target once it gets high value
- a destructed teleport area inhibit it to works for some time (1 day? it would be very hard and risky to do so it should have a big impact on gameplay too)
- colored peripheral (or even the central ones) landing areas are bank area too (this is why there is no need for a teleport back to base)

hucs can be taken right from hunter value, so you spend 200 to create a hunter, then enter the teleport and it's value is 195, so would be easier to manage the toll required by teleporters instead of taking other sums from address, etc.. and there is a less risk to run out of hucs

I think this would be very funny and worthy and technically the implementation shouldn't be much hard and could be done in this fork

Quote from: bgb
I do wonder if moving the outer landing zone away from the coin spawn would be more appropriate, more to where snailbrain has it.

if you move landing areas enemies would have too much difficult reaching the enemy spawn zone to destroy the teleporters and if someone siege the teleport area, would be cannon fodder because you just need create some hunters of the TP color and to go kill them and then bank in few minutes (as you stated somewhere in the past, sieging teleport areas isn't much an issue)

if we let landing tp areas being bank area too, we mix togheter the "miner" gamestyle with pvp play style better (so who wants to mine have a bank area near, but it's more exposed to enemies so can't farm too easily and anyway with many player, the coins shared would be too few to be relevant)

at the same time, pvp action would be possible everywhere (even because going to enemy spawn area would be worthy after some days of teleport usage)
we could even do that a % of the collected coins from middle banks areas goes to teleport loot, so it would become even more worthy!

i think that this way even the crown would be a bit useless, we could remove it and split its current perblock income among the teleporters and we could give to the crown another meaning (e.g. having a blast radius of 10, so who has the crown can organize an attack to an enemy teleport and so destroy it from a larger distance!

this is the quadrant map with color based on my expected difficult for people that like to mine (passive play style)

green = very easy
yellow/orange = easy but with some risk
red = dangerous

here the quadrant map about my expected pvp actions

Opinions?

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
hyperboria - next internet

Disspointed

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
I fired up autohunter with four bots (one from each color), and it kept crashing after a couple turns/blocks, so I launched from terminal to keep window open and got this error:

INFO:root:name_update 'jw-26yerc2': d1ee0caf06a52b33d4d06f2b1da49ff9eea3d036aca0c96e84a09b883f04b034
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "E:\miners\autohunter-autohunter\mainGather.py", line 64, in
    if controller.persist ("gather.state"):
  File "E:\miners\autohunter-autohunter\controller.py", line 225, in persist
    control.loop (strategy)
  File "E:\miners\autohunter-autohunter\controller.py", line 255, in loop
    self._sendMoves ()
  File "E:\miners\autohunter-autohunter\controller.py", line 463, in _sendMoves
    p.sendMoves ()
  File "E:\miners\autohunter-autohunter\player.py", line 473, in sendMoves
    res = self._rpc.call ("name_update", [self.name, val])
  File "E:\miners\autohunter-autohunter\namerpc.py", line 108, in call
    raise RpcError(val)  # attn: different format for client and nmcontrol
namerpc.RpcError: {u'id': 383, u'result': None, u'error': {u'message': u'Error: The transaction was rejected.  This might happen if some of
the coins in your wallet were already spent, such as if you used a copy of wallet.dat and coins were spent in the copy but not marked as spe
nt here.', u'code': -4}}

I ended up just commenting out lines 473, 474, and 476 in player.py, and it seems to be working ok now.

Hopefully someday soon I'll get some time to really dig into code and modify it a bit...or maybe I should give mithrilman edition a shot I guess...
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
Nice work, MM!  I'll try to find some time to work on the game tx decoding to JSON next week.
Developer!
I'm working on a new feature that will give more way to gain money: Bounties!!!

everyone will be able to put a reward to kill a hunter, whoever kill one of the reward target, will get the bounty on the hunter address

basically you'll use a window in my client to create the bounty, that will send the money you chose to put as reward, then everyone using my client will see that someone offered a reward to kill player xx
after that, anyone that will cause the player xx death, will get the reward

If the hunter die because he destruct or because of disaster, reward amount will be sent back to the bounty creator

there will be little fees applied to handle various transactions and check (very low) but to prevent people to create bounty and then remove them right before someone is going to destruct the target, the bounty cancellation will be possible with some constraint:

the creator will receive 50% of the sent amount (this should discourage bounty cancellation) and to bounty cancellation will be applied after 50 block confirmation, so if someone kill the target before the cancellation is applied, he will receive the bounty and the cancellation will fail

this is more or less the feature i'm doing even if it could change a bit of course, depending on feedback and other ideas

here a preview of the window

note that, while actually the bounty creation will only be possible within my client (but it's easily possible to extend it to any system), the contest is valid for anyone, using my client or standard QT or whatever, so anyone could be an head hunter! I think i'll setup a webpage too so that anyone can see active bounties

P.S.
any idea about things to implement are welcome, i'll be appy to implement any funny/worthy things you have, if possible
legendary
Just updated the chain download at http://chain.huntercoin.org/ again.  It is now at block 607k-something.
legendary
Question on domob's python botting framework:
http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,139.msg3477.html#msg3477

So, I just created my first SimpleGather bot, and he seems to be working OK. I just edited the RPC settings, the name, and made it so only one bot is created, and he's off to gather some coins (only 10 at a time cause I forgot to edit that :/ ).

Anyway, my question is:
Is there any way to convert the simple gather bot to a simple runner bot if I happen to be around the computer when the disaster happens? Is this possible using this framework?

Edit: Also, is there a way to tell gather bot to go sit in the spawn area to recover the 200 HUC it cost to create him?

Thanks Smiley
Modify message
« Last Edit: Today at 04:29:15 PM by jwinterm »

Edit: I guess to answer the edit portion, I can just wait until bot is in/close to spawn region then kill python script and manually move/hold him in spawn area.

Answered there, but yes, basically you can just kill the bot process (when there are no pending name_new's) and then manually do whatever you want with the hunter.
legendary
Question on domob's python botting framework:
http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,139.msg3477.html#msg3477

So, I just created my first SimpleGather bot, and he seems to be working OK. I just edited the RPC settings, the name, and made it so only one bot is created, and he's off to gather some coins (only 10 at a time cause I forgot to edit that :/ ).

Anyway, my question is:
Is there any way to convert the simple gather bot to a simple runner bot if I happen to be around the computer when the disaster happens? Is this possible using this framework?

Edit: Also, is there a way to tell gather bot to go sit in the spawn area to recover the 200 HUC it cost to create him?

Thanks Smiley
Modify message
« Last Edit: Today at 04:29:15 PM by jwinterm »

Edit: I guess to answer the edit portion, I can just wait until bot is in/close to spawn region then kill python script and manually move/hold him in spawn area.
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
I created a thread preparing for urgent hardfork (disaster removal) based on mithrilman and someone else's preference.. but more people wanted to keep it than not...
it will be modified when we come to a consensus..

like MM said, if you want to give your thoughts, do so on the forum..

what we are working/concentrating on atm is "fast travel"

Ultimately we want players to be able to get straight into the action -- a simple teleport is not enough (although simple to implement)

Developer!
imo it was funnier before, in current fork i like the 1x range for pvp and heart rate reduced a lot, but game isn't more playable just because there are less hunters, because after safe period you keep being worried about disaster and so don't play much, leaving the control to the same "always on" players

hopefully when we'll have teleports, more items and no disaster (or at least a way to preserve player investment and give everyone the chance to get even 0.001 huc) we'd have a better experience

please say all what you think about this matters, huntercoin isn't an entity outside of control, we can shape it as we want (if technically feasible of course Cheesy)
legendary
yes please join the discussion..

although note, the game is more playable than it was >>  you can  get to the more central side areas - it's just still hard and it still needs more work

this is what it was like before the update :--

if we didn't make the change you'd be playing as with the screenshot for another 12 months...

change is good. now that we are all awake we can work on making the game more playable Smiley
Developer!

Disspointed

ye i know the feeling (i lost 3), this is why i said to not change the game this way, but we are now talking to change it again but taking another direction and would be nice if community would join the discussion here on this forum: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/board,5.0.html

I wanted disaster removed in this fork and not so high costs, but i had no luck having accepted that at that time, but now we are talking again about this thing so if more player join the discussion (we are even talking about teleports to speed up things, etc...) would be better, otherwise we have no much chance seeing accepted things that preserve player coins instead of "win all or lose all"

at the time (4 of February) i said:
sorry missed this post..

i've addded 1 radius destruct.

we can't add 5 days disaster because bot master will create 10000 generals then recycle before the last day with no worry. The reason for price increase is so they can't create more than X generals at any one time.

Yes, good idea about adding back death after 30 blocks and then giving coins back.
If not a big job domob, add that, otherwise leave till next one? -- the other updates should just be trivial, although not sure how simple (time) for destruct on spawn spot.
would also need to make sure it's not exploitable/game breakable in anyway -- (e.g. things like moving with coins but destruct triggers when land on bank)
ref: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/topic,735.msg2831.html#msg2831

At the end at least the "30 blocks to have funds back" has been accepted Cheesy

Actually it's too risky going outside after disaster safe period, so we need to change that, and it seems we are now agreeing about that

Every idea would be taken into account, and more thing that the game should follow some implementation, the more chance we'll have this will be done, otherwise we have just to follow the flow

long story short, everyone who care about the futur of huntercoin, should join discussions here: http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php/board,5.0.html
if you have ever played this game, you should have an opinion about how/what should be changed. If you don't have a technical background to understand problems related the game, feel free anyway to propose something, at worse the reply would be "can't be done"
Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Disspointed
Developer!
i think if he die before the 30 block has passed, coin are just placed on the special purse in blockchain, where all coins dropped from killed by disaster go
the only chance you have to recycle is wait the 30 blocks on spawn area

I'm not sure tho if you die that way while being poisoned, give you coin or not, domob has the answer
i mean if you were on spawn area since 25 blocks, and disaster strike and you have 12 of life expectancy, after 5 blocks you'll be killed by spawn area 30 blocks limit and you SHOULD be refounded, but not sure, domob can you confirm this behaviour?
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
got one question: if disaseter happens (hunter gets infected)and  is in spawn area and dies (i don't know what happened 1st.. plague killed him or 30 blocks passed).. do i get the 200 coins refunded?
legendary
I've just published the first video tutorial about my client, where i explain how to create and manage hunters
It's my first attempt at doing video tutorial and i'm not english, so excuse if i mispelled anything
no afterproduction to this video, so it's taken realtime and updated, hope it's fine Smiley

it's quite long (34 minutes) and i barely touched the tip of the iceberg, i'm planning to do a lot of this videos shortly

P.S.
at 27:35 my daughter started crying for a bit, sorry, 14 month old Tongue

link to the video:
http://youtu.be/hXRDz0JAsFM

I should have published other videos before this, like "how to setup",  or introduction on huntercoin rules etc... but for motivational purpose i started with something more concrete, i will add later all the missing pieces!

Very Good Video Mithril Man.
legendary
Is it impossible to destruct in the spawn area? And if you get killed in the spawn area you don't drop any coins?

Edit: Also, when you destruct you can kill other players/generals under your control?

You can destruct (and be killed) in the spawn area, in which case you do drop coins (but they are moved just outside of the spawn area).  You won't get the refund in this case.

Yes, if you destruct, you kill every hunter of an opposing colour nearby.  It does not matter whether they are also yours or not (the game doesn't know which hunter belongs to which human player).
legendary
Is it impossible to destruct in the spawn area? And if you get killed in the spawn area you don't drop any coins?

Edit: Also, when you destruct you can kill other players/generals under your control?
Developer!
I've just published the first video tutorial about my client, where i explain how to create and manage hunters
It's my first attempt at doing video tutorial and i'm not english, so excuse if i mispelled anything
no afterproduction to this video, so it's taken realtime and updated, hope it's fine Smiley

it's quite long (34 minutes) and i barely touched the tip of the iceberg, i'm planning to do a lot of this videos shortly

P.S.
at 27:35 my daughter started crying for a bit, sorry, 14 month old Tongue

link to the video:
http://youtu.be/hXRDz0JAsFM

I should have published other videos before this, like "how to setup",  or introduction on huntercoin rules etc... but for motivational purpose i started with something more concrete, i will add later all the missing pieces!
Jump to: