Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 121. (Read 879551 times)

legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
I have 10k HUC since it started. Never ever managed to synchronize this shit of the wallet. Each time new update comes I download it hoping it might be the one, just to open it, download 20-30 blocks and stuck there.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
I agree with the DT side. If we had a DT-like site for other currencies, that would be awesome! I wish they would support more on their own as well. They could break it down into different islands per currency.

Honestly, I don't think it would be a bad idea to ask them.  We don't have enough people around this to make a petition that would look any good at all Tongue.  It would be signed by like 15 people (Just like the Cex.IO merge mining request lol)

Huntercoin isn't a altcoin, it is a altcurrency. Altcoins don't rely on Bitcoins being mined.  We however do and deserve to stand next to Bitcoin, but we have to prove it first.  

I'm sure Di is jerking off in a pool of money in Costa Rica, but it might not hurt to propose to him to accept HUC and we could give him some type of marketing deal like buy him a Bay Bridge billboard for a month (cost about $10,000 and gets a HUGE amount of traffic... all the cars going from Oakland into SF.)  We could donate a good sum of Huntercoins to their statues as well.

I'm just thinking out loud, but we need a historical Bitcoin company to give their nod of approval to get the sheep herded in the right direction + boost morale.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

MM client add many new features, it's user friendly than even before.
Now the challenge is how to bring people more fun and attention.
We can see they are trying

PLS correct your writing.

Still not user friendly enough.

If When someone makes a "Dragon Tale" like world where you can mine as well... gg.  It needs to be as easy as making a Dragon Tale account to mine and omfg.  Dragon Tale was one of the first businesses known to accept BTC.  I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir @ this point Tongue.

Who ever gets this done and done right first will most likely make a metric fuck ton of money.  I know everyone is kind of letting Snailbrain have the first crack at this, but I think the more coding the merrier!  

People who don't have mining equipment need a simple and secure way to earn Bitcoin.  This mofo is it I'd bet... Bitcoin isn't going to get less popular.

Selling pressure is still on the market, so if you are looking to add coins I strongly recommend waiting for someone to sell into you Smiley The ask is pretty thin as well.

Goooo HUC

I agree with the DT side. If we had a DT-like site for other currencies, that would be awesome! I wish they would support more on their own as well. They could break it down into different islands per currency.
Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
problem with my client "setting up" is an intrinsic difficulty of the huntercoin core setup
I relay on huntercoind.exe so if its difficult to setup / update chain, etc... this is something i can't improve much because it's out of my boundaries

I've a plan of ease the process of startup, presetting all what i can, but to do that, I'de need to be able to download a playable chain from somewhere, in a short time (so, at the end, i need pruning be implemented)
at that time, i could ship my client with the last huntercoin core version and setup automatically what i need to start the service

actually i could already ship huntercoin and preset daemon path, etc... but it will end up with the user staring at the "synchronizing" window for days/weeks...

We shouldn't mix anyway the user friendly aspect of the game, with the setup.
What i talked about was about setup difficulty, and I agree is not straightforward because of external dependencies, but the article was pointing out that the game wasn't much funny and user friendly and so i pointed out that my client gives a totally different feeling when used (this require so that you are able to start it...)
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com

If When someone makes a "Dragon Tale" like world where you can mine as well... gg.  It needs to be as easy as making a Dragon Tale account to mine and omfg.  Dragon Tale was one of the first businesses known to accept BTC.  I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir @ this point Tongue.

Who ever gets this done and done right first will most likely make a metric fuck ton of money.  I know everyone is kind of letting Snailbrain have the first crack at this, but I think the more coding the merrier!  

People who don't have mining equipment need a simple and secure way to earn Bitcoin.  This mofo is it I'd bet... Bitcoin isn't going to get less popular.

Selling pressure is still on the market, so if you are looking to add coins I strongly recommend waiting for someone to sell into you Smiley The ask is pretty thin as well.

Goooo HUC

The MM client is as user friendly as you can get for this game.  Its awesome and smooth.  The QT client could use some work for sure.  

I couldn't get it to work.  

Only as strong as the weakest link.  

This is new technology and just part of it.  I've told this story about 10 times, but Defense Against The Ancients (DOTA) at the start of it was fucking SHIT to start a game.  The load screen would take 30 minutes... in a Warcraft 3 custom game match back then people would ALT+F4 in about 1 minute because it seemed like there was a problem with the game.  Then the people who sat there the 30 minutes would have a 3v5 game or whatever.   What was done to fix it for the small community of die hard players was a new clan channel was created to help link all of us together to play private matches... at least that way we knew after the 30min wait you'd have a full fuckin game!

Well, we can all see someone found the little fix it took to make the load screen take 30 seconds.  Then the game took off and  evolved. Loot at the knock off games of it (League of Legends) and DOTA's huge success as it's own game.  Not to mention the ENTIRE game of WC3 switched from Blizards ladder play to Guinsoo's DOTA. $1,000,000 tournament n shit!!!
Activity: 121
Merit: 120

Goooo HUC

The MM client is as user friendly as you can get for this game.  Its awesome and smooth.  The QT client could use some work for sure. 
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com

Goooo HUC
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!

there are 4 colors not 3.  I find it very entertaining too. Smiley

Are you a nxt developer?

tell him to try my client so he can change idea Cheesy

there are 4 colors not 3.  I find it very entertaining too. Smiley

Are you a nxt developer?
HUC is very cheap right now. The promotion of bots, which hurts the value of the coin so that a few individuals can benefit, explains why some people are tepid toward the coin. Still it seems like it should pick back up soon.

BGB is right, there are no aggressive bots.  Gathering and heart finding bots are what people are using. As long as everyone has access to these bots, (which are really user friendly to use in the MM client) I dont see any problems at all.  I think it will be a while (if ever) before aggressive bots can outsmart humans.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
HUC is very cheap right now. The promotion of bots, which hurts the value of the coin so that a few individuals can benefit, explains why some people are tepid toward the coin. Still it seems like it should pick back up soon.

This again right now is false perception to a certain degree.

1) 90%+ of all generals are NOT bots currently
2) There are NO aggressive bots that I am aware of
3) There are three tools currently available to everyone to have auto pilot to gather hearts or coins.
4) There are only about 4-5 individuals using the above tools, far less than what could be its current use.

The only valid bot complaint you can have right now is the disaster bots. There is a current discussion about this on the huntercoin forum. Please also use threads there to discuss future gameplay and ideas.

Sorry to be blunt, but unless you complain about the block chain size for setup (which Domob is trying to get a handle on) you should be playing.

I would recommend using Mithral's client, then get on the real time chat to know what is going on.
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
If anyone has some Huntercoin they want to sell for USD please hit me up. Will pay 2% above market.

Needs to be a simple cash deposit in a account preferably or paypal.

I've been trying to find a trade since I got in Huntercoin and haven't sold/traded anything despite trying.   Also surprising with all the selling pressure (even now days.)

Shut up and take my cash!  Shocked  Wink

Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
maybe you can modify ABE explorer .. or how are you doing it?

Thanks for the pointer about ABE. I am working with it now... running into some (probably expected) python errors I am trying to work through...

After poking around with ABE etc... I think to do justice for the game I will probably be adding quite a bit of custom stuff. I already had some of the 'gaming' stuff started back in March so I have something to start with. Also I have an array of daemons that I query in order to build out the videos in just a few days for the entire chain, so I am setup to extract data fairly quickly.

cool stuff bro, cant wait to see it when youre done
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

Thanks for the pointer about ABE. I am working with it now... running into some (probably expected) python errors I am trying to work through...

After poking around with ABE etc... I think to do justice for the game I will probably be adding quite a bit of custom stuff. I already had some of the 'gaming' stuff started back in March so I have something to start with. Also I have an array of daemons that I query in order to build out the videos in just a few days for the entire chain, so I am setup to extract data fairly quickly.

brilliant.

looking forward to see the end result

legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
Unless somebody really wants this, I'll pick it up and you can keep the bounty. I swore I had one of these started already but can't find it...

Little confused by this post?

Somebody wants what and you'll pick what up?

If there isn't somebody that wants to do this, then I'll add it to my website. I already started on it, so if somebody wants it and the bounty, please let me know and I'll stop.

Ah totally.

Thanks dude.
Jump to: