Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 181. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Muniti creator
I understand BGB's possible reluctance in helping out on this issue, but if he has a big stash of HUC (and I believe he has), perhaps he would be much better off helping in every way he can to implement such a bot interface and make bots accessible to the normal player, which would add a degree of strategy to the game as most people would be on an equal footing, yet never detracting the advantage which active groups of human player would have over bots. It's pretty elementary - the benefit BGB would derive from joining the HUC development team, if his help is needed, would be far greater than the benefit he is currently deriving with his bots when the market-cap is around $60,000.

Note - I use the term "HUC development team" generically and not with reference to any official dev team.

I did make an attempt to release a QT Client that uses very similar bot methods to what I am using. It is posted on the huntercoin forum site. I am running some of these AFKs right now and they are turning in a pretty good profit since the reduction of aggressive players on the map.

I also just posted in the other forum that my BGB bots are in wind down mode with the recent drop in players after all the red players removed themselves from the game. I don't want to "own" the game because that is bad for everyone. One thing to keep in mind when looking at "BGB" on the board is there are many imposters using the name. For example there is/was a huge amount of "BGBT" bots in the green cresent coin area. Finally somebody made their player names that match the same naming scheme as I have been using "BGB<3 digit number>" (ie green player BGBT000G) which caused my bots to completely ignore them assuming they were "friendly" to them. Obviously when I coded it in the bots I recognized it as a risk but it was the simple thing to do at that time. It has taken months for somebody to figure that out. Of course plan B was already in place where I use a database to keep track of the players names. So I turned that on and the imposters began to be attacked. I am just trying to point out there are a bunch of "BGB" players on the board that are NOT mine.

Sorry, didn't know about the client! The second part is really interesting. I took a look at the map on occasions and I did notice a large amount of players with "BGB" in them - that's a really neat trick. It does show how players and programmers alike quickly adapt to any changes in the game
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
I understand BGB's possible reluctance in helping out on this issue, but if he has a big stash of HUC (and I believe he has), perhaps he would be much better off helping in every way he can to implement such a bot interface and make bots accessible to the normal player, which would add a degree of strategy to the game as most people would be on an equal footing, yet never detracting the advantage which active groups of human player would have over bots. It's pretty elementary - the benefit BGB would derive from joining the HUC development team, if his help is needed, would be far greater than the benefit he is currently deriving with his bots when the market-cap is around $60,000.

Note - I use the term "HUC development team" generically and not with reference to any official dev team.

I did make an attempt to release a QT Client that uses very similar bot methods to what I am using. It is posted on the huntercoin forum site. I am running some of these AFKs right now and they are turning in a pretty good profit since the reduction of aggressive players on the map.

I also just posted in the other forum that my BGB bots are in wind down mode with the recent drop in players after all the red players removed themselves from the game. I don't want to "own" the game because that is bad for everyone. One thing to keep in mind when looking at "BGB" on the board is there are many imposters using the name. For example there is/was a huge amount of "BGBT" bots in the green cresent coin area. Finally somebody made their player names that match the same naming scheme as I have been using "BGB<3 digit number>" (ie green player BGBT000G) which caused my bots to completely ignore them assuming they were "friendly" to them. Obviously when I coded it in the bots I recognized it as a risk but it was the simple thing to do at that time. It has taken months for somebody to figure that out. Of course plan B was already in place where I use a database to keep track of the players names. So I turned that on and the imposters began to be attacked. I am just trying to point out there are a bunch of "BGB" players on the board that are NOT mine.

Muniti creator
at the moment bot cause huntercoin to be unfair because bot can easily evade and/or keep collecting while the human is disconnected, with a client that can manage bots (for all, not just for who has programming knowledge) then it will be fair enough, that's why i want to implement a bot interface into my client (not easy but that's my mission)

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
at the moment bot cause huntercoin to be unfair because bot can easily evade and/or keep collecting while the human is disconnected, with a client that can manage bots (for all, not just for who has programming knowledge) then it will be fair enough, that's why i want to implement a bot interface into my client (not easy but that's my mission)
Muniti creator
No, it doesn't explain much at all. How can a human mine anything if now when you play you often start (right after a block was found), drive for 3 seconds and the map changes because someone already found the block... in 3 seconds???

My bots are still "throttled" so they don't solve blocks faster than the TargetTime.  It seems like all the bot operators were doing this at first, but now I think it is just me.

Today the bot competition heated up quite a bit, before there was just three prominent bots (all three (including my own) have very distinct "signatures") and they were being subtle, but today I saw several new bots, stale/fork rates going up, many coin dumped onto c-cex, etc.

I think this is great, the first coin to directly monetize AI research!  Game on!

It seems that not only Huntercoin has a problem with bots.  Human-minable is very difficult to actually achieve, it seems.  But honestly, I think that Huntercoin is much more fun with bots than Motocoin with bots.

Yeah, just saw that Motocoin has been taken over by bots now as well. Shame, I had bought some MOTO just in case but that game is simply useless and no fun with bots. In Huntercoin, unlike Motocoin, bots can complement human play
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
No, it doesn't explain much at all. How can a human mine anything if now when you play you often start (right after a block was found), drive for 3 seconds and the map changes because someone already found the block... in 3 seconds???

My bots are still "throttled" so they don't solve blocks faster than the TargetTime.  It seems like all the bot operators were doing this at first, but now I think it is just me.

Today the bot competition heated up quite a bit, before there was just three prominent bots (all three (including my own) have very distinct "signatures") and they were being subtle, but today I saw several new bots, stale/fork rates going up, many coin dumped onto c-cex, etc.

I think this is great, the first coin to directly monetize AI research!  Game on!

It seems that not only Huntercoin has a problem with bots.  Human-minable is very difficult to actually achieve, it seems.  But honestly, I think that Huntercoin is much more fun with bots than Motocoin with bots.
Muniti creator
Hi,

totally new here. Installed the wallet, but couldn't bare to finish watching the blockchain download. It stops all the time.

Is this a common issue, or just at my end? Never had this problem with another coin.

Edit: found the answer in OP

The dev team is working on smoothing out the blockchain and pruning it, making it much easier to sync the wallet.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
I had a user out of Just-dice request for the past 4 weeks blockchain download be put on the DL list to help sync the wallet!

Thanks,

BAC
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Hi,

totally new here. Installed the wallet, but couldn't bare to finish watching the blockchain download. It stops all the time.

Is this a common issue, or just at my end? Never had this problem with another coin.

Edit: found the answer in OP
Muniti creator
I've a question to ask to past/current/future players:

I'm trying a different way to display cell values
before this changes, cell value was the sum of money carried by hunters, but since generals have a value (0.96 huc), i've decided to add that sum, so it's easy even to pick a zone to destroy some afkers at their base, or similar

in the process of doing that, since now much more cells has values displayed, i've decided to display loot value differently, based on some value threshold
this is the simply "if" based on value, that i'm doing
Code:
if (cell.CoinValue <= 1) {
                  scale = 0.7f;
                  textColor = new Color(255, 150, 0, 255);
               }
               else if (cell.CoinValue < 2) {
                  scale = 0.85f;
                  textColor = new Color(255, 170, 0, 255);
               }
               else if (cell.CoinValue < 4) {
                  scale = 0.9f;
                  textColor = new Color(255, 200, 0, 255);
               }
               else if (cell.CoinValue < 10) {
                  scale = 1f;
                  textColor = new Color(255, 215, 0, 255);
               }
               else if (cell.CoinValue < 15) {
                  scale = 1.1f;
                  textColor = new Color(255, 230, 0, 255);
               }
               else if (cell.CoinValue < 25) {
                  scale = 1.3f;
                  textColor = new Color(255, 255, 0, 255);
               }
               else {
                  scale = 1.5f;
               }

the code isn't important (but give a clue about my subdivision, that could change during time if huc generals change of costs, etc...

this is how this appear

with yellow players in their bank area, text color is not very readable but i think that bank area isn't a real problem, most of action happen on grass and this pic show the new style in action, i think it could be helpful to find easier a good area to go & destroy but i'd like your opinion (maybe in the future color could be chosen, but in a not so close future... so i'd like to setup something good)

I like that - there definitely needs some quick way of knowing if someone has a lot of coins

Looks good! Well done MithrilMan
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

before this changes, cell value was the sum of money carried by hunters, but since generals have a value (0.96 huc), i've decided to add that sum, so it's easy even to pick a zone to destroy some afkers at their base, or similar

in the process of doing that, since now much more cells has values displayed, i've decided to display loot value differently, based on some value threshold
Code:
                  scale = 0.7f;
               }
                  scale = 0.85f;
               }
                  scale = 0.9f;
               }
                  scale = 1f;
               }
                  scale = 1.1f;
               }
                  scale = 1.3f;
               }
               else {
                  scale = 1.5f;
               }

the code isn't important (but give a clue about my subdivision, that could change during time if huc generals change of costs, etc...

this is how this appear

with yellow players in their bank area, text color is not very readable but i think that bank area isn't a real problem, most of action happen on grass and this pic show the new style in action, i think it could be helpful to find easier a good area to go & destroy but i'd like your opinion (maybe in the future color could be chosen, but in a not so close future... so i'd like to setup something good)

I like that - there definitely needs some quick way of knowing if someone has a lot of coins
Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!

Code:
                  scale = 0.7f;
               }
                  scale = 0.85f;
               }
                  scale = 0.9f;
               }
                  scale = 1f;
               }
                  scale = 1.1f;
               }
                  scale = 1.3f;
               }
               else {
                  scale = 1.5f;
               }

this is how this appear

Activity: 403
Merit: 251
probably not easy to implement and better to be done from the start.

Everything you see in the original chronokings thread is possible: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-chrono-kings-a-gameworld-within-the-block-chain-262599
and more that i've not posted.

Yep. Not easy but huntercoin can become the one true chronokings, over time...

50,000 HUC? Are you serious lol?
Totally serious.
If you can't really be killed by other players or disasters, then the coins are as save as in an (unencrypted) wallet.
And there should be only a few of these units, not thousands.
Start saving up!  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
Huntercoin needs 'rare' player classes. They could be created if a new player name has a special property/checksum
and sufficient fee is sent for name_new tx and should
a) act as a coin sink
b) encourage players of the same color to cooperate
c) give no direct advantage for rich guys versus other players of the same color, only bragging rights.

Example:

'Champion of '

Cost: 50000 HUC.

Passive ability: (perhaps restricted to some part of the map)
Every soldier in the champion's vicinity (distance <= 12 squares or so) attacks like a general (2 squares destruct radius).
If the attack kills an enemy, loot is not dropped but evenly distributed between the team of that soldier
and one randomly choosen general in the vicinity of the champion. The champion has the same chance to get 50%
of the loot like every one else.

Rational players would rally around the champion(s) wherever they choose to attack.

Expensive player classes need to be mostly immortal, of course. If destructed, they either just go back to spawn,
or can be recreated at normal cost (i.e. 20 HUC) for the same name and address.
For safe cash out, their own reward address immediately gets 96% (or more) of the initial fee if self-destructed.

Is this easy to implement?  Wink

it's possible to have other classes just like that.
and even NPCs

probably not easy to implement and better to be done from the start.

Everything you see in the original chronokings thread is possible: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-chrono-kings-a-gameworld-within-the-block-chain-262599
and more that i've not posted.

but we need to solve all the other stuff first Smiley
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
Huntercoin needs 'rare' player classes. They could be created if a new player name has a special property/checksum
a) act as a coin sink
c) give no direct advantage for rich guys versus other players of the same color, only bragging rights.

Example:

'Champion of '

Every soldier in the champion's vicinity (distance <= 12 squares or so) attacks like a general (2 squares destruct radius).
If the attack kills an enemy, loot is not dropped but evenly distributed between the team of that soldier
and one randomly choosen general in the vicinity of the champion. The champion has the same chance to get 50%

Rational players would rally around the champion(s) wherever they choose to attack.

Expensive player classes need to be mostly immortal, of course. If destructed, they either just go back to spawn,
For safe cash out, their own reward address immediately gets 96% (or more) of the initial fee if self-destructed.

Is this easy to implement?  Wink

Make it 100,00 lol Cheesy
Muniti creator
a) act as a coin sink

Example:

'Champion of '

a) act as a coin sink

Example:

'Champion of '

I was a huge follower of Huntercoin but the value now is way too low, I didn't expect this at all  Sad
What do you think about it

There's some 'guidance' for the upcoming gameplay changes and optimisations:
http://forum.huntercoin.org/index.php?PHPSESSID=87c47cbb056264c0ce2bab62abe5dd5e&topic=96.msg577#msg577
Sounds good so far...perhaps time to start brainstorming about gameplay improvements for the next but one update?
legendary
Owner at AltQuick.com
Would 1,400kh be enough to solo mine and find blocks?

nope not really

I lost a 2^32 bet, so never say never! Here is where it happened   Angry

I think you would be better off mining shitcoins, dumping them over to BTC and then going into HUC. A multipool for HUC would be kind of nice for the miners in your case!
Jump to: