Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 215. (Read 879551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000
Crackpot Idealist
I'd be happy o participate in any beta program or testing of course.

BGB I'm really impressed by your transparency.  You easily could just sit back and dominate huntercoin anonymously but you've been open and active in the community. So thanks, I think everyone appreciates it.

lol better the villain you know then the villain you don't?

But seriously, I agree. I'm not gonna hate just because I do not have the skillz to code a bot for Huntercoin. Soon enough either:

A: The client will give enough advantage to a pulse and a brain

B: People will stop bitching and form gangs

C: Some goodie goodie two shoes will open source bot(s) ..

and the playing field is leveled. B can be done now if you could stop bitching and A is right around the corner thanks to the mighty efforts of MithrilMan.

But B could be a lot of fun...

http://youtu.be/qAUMri0mv8M
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
U two should join the Dev team, seems MithrilMan already in the role
Activity: 20
Merit: 0

BGB I'm really impressed by your transparency.  You easily could just sit back and dominate huntercoin anonymously but you've been open and active in the community. So thanks, I think everyone appreciates it.
Activity: 114
Merit: 10
Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
What's the eta on your release?  Days? Weeks?

Read Only Tech Demo: days (tbh it's already ready to be released from days but there is a bug in huntercoind.exe that prevent the use of name_list RPC command, because it can stuck the daemon, so i'm waiting huntercoin devs fix it before release, but if takes too much i can release it with own players updated once, when client start, or maybe put a refresh button that issue that name_list command but it's risky)

Playable eta: depends on feedback and interest received and maybe donations income. i could setup a closed beta where, for a little fee bound to an address in the playable wallet, users can have it sooner and have almost daily updates available. I have already partially implemented move/destroy commands and working on the new_player
unfortunatly huntercoind daemon lack some commands i'd need but i'm in contact with snailbrain that pass requests to huntercoin devs and i think that what's missed will be added soon (with name_list fixed, it would be still playable with current commands but not the way i'd like, thinking about user experience, e.g. it's difficult to track pending moves and read name_update values of pending tx)

Bot interface: TBD

Activity: 364
Smart ppl still can get coins by using human strategy
I have less income with 50~60 generals now compare to 10~20 generals when I first join the game
My understanding is difficulty rapidly increase, that's make sense with  3 reasons:

1. More and more players  join
2. Bots
3. Human strategy

although is tough time but they can balance, u can't simply cut one

Activity: 114
I have been considering setting up some coin gather bots for fellow hunters that want to have a couple of bots but do not have the know how. I don't use these anymore as I am working on more complicated bots. I would just need the name, reward address, and coin area you wanted to use. Of course since these bots are in my system, my bgb hunters would not directly target them.

Thoughts?
Activity: 887
Merit: 1000
Dear Snailbrain & devs,

I know you are working hard to improve the experience, but I disagree on the bot issue.

Even though humans can currently overwhelm the bots, you should definitely fight them in the long run. It's completely insane that you can run a computer with bots and get your 'free' huntercoin, when a human player has to think, play and invest their time to play the game. It is very important that you run a healthy and sustainable ecosystem.

You can see it in other fields like gaming or poker, too. The big ones remaining are the companies which fight bots. There are always people who try to find the loop hole and build bots, but your goal should be to get rid of the non human players. It can't be too hard to implement a code verification or something like that.

Please think about it. I am sure, players will appreciate it as well and that the coin will benefit in the long run due to this decision.

Sincerely

Scrooge D

huntercoin source code is opensource, every operation are clearly visible (stored on block), no way to limit that
if they code a captcha into qt wallet, the only ones hit by that will be human players, because bot programmers for sure will remove that check in code... (and i'd like to see then how many post about "remove that $/$$£%" captcha!")

the best thing is to be able to command a squad, programming behaviours, and exposing those functionalities into the client (that's what i'd like to do in the future with my client)

What's the eta on your release?  Days? Weeks?
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
Captcha won't work, otherwise you could have Captcha Coin (Human mining)
you can see the original wiki here http://wiki.chronokings.com/index.php?title=Huntercoin

Bots cannot be stopped. No matter what you do, they are inevitable.

Stop Soloing is all I can suggest (if you cannot make coins doing it) - control 20 Generals (20 HUCs, 60 Hunters), team up with 20 people who have done the same = 1200 Hunters

out of 13000 Generals on the map, how many coins do you expect to get with your <10 Generals ?

--
This is how huntercoin is, if you want to "win", you need to adapt

what else can we do? Magic? Smiley

people are frustrated because they think the price of HUCs is low. maybe it is, or maybe it's high - either way, just wait and see what unfolds.

Get Huntercoin on exchanges, help setup pools

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
Dear Snailbrain & devs,

I know you are working hard to improve the experience, but I disagree on the bot issue.

Even though humans can currently overwhelm the bots, you should definitely fight them in the long run. It's completely insane that you can run a computer with bots and get your 'free' huntercoin, when a human player has to think, play and invest their time to play the game. It is very important that you run a healthy and sustainable ecosystem.

You can see it in other fields like gaming or poker, too. The big ones remaining are the companies which fight bots. There are always people who try to find the loop hole and build bots, but your goal should be to get rid of the non human players. It can't be too hard to implement a code verification or something like that.

Please think about it. I am sure, players will appreciate it as well and that the coin will benefit in the long run due to this decision.

Sincerely

Scrooge D

huntercoin source code is opensource, every operation are clearly visible (stored on block), no way to limit that
if they code a captcha into qt wallet, the only ones hit by that will be human players, because bot programmers for sure will remove that check in code... (and i'd like to see then how many post about "remove that $/$$£%" captcha!")

the best thing is to be able to command a squad, programming behaviours, and exposing those functionalities into the client (that's what i'd like to do in the future with my client)
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Missing the 0.002 BTC/HUC days.  Grin

the positive thing is that now you can redeem yourself if you sold at current price before huc went big lol
Activity: 280
Knowledge is Power
Dear Snailbrain & devs,

Sincerely

Scrooge D

I don't think it would be a bad thing to add caphe after ever 10 moves or something... Some way to make it more difficult.

I agree. This is the #1 advantage of bots. It's not strategy. It's the fact that they are running 24/7 for you. A human person can't sit here and micromanage his hunters all day long. I usually only check on them twice a day, which means usually half my hunters die by the time I get home. Bots don't have that problem and it is a huge advantage. It's not about strategy, it's about normal players not having the time to constantly move their hunters to gather coins and go back to base before being killed.
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
Dear Snailbrain & devs,

Sincerely

Scrooge D

I don't think it would be a bad thing to add caphe after ever 10 moves or something... Some way to make it more difficult.

Because their cost of energy is so low that they can sell HUC for next to nothing and their is no time value per say.

It'll work out one way or the other Cheesy
Activity: 70
█ Scrooge D Silver █
Dear Snailbrain & devs,

Sincerely

Scrooge D
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
anyone else get a corrupted zip file downloading the chain from MEGA link in OP?

you error occurs when downloading or unpacking archives?
Activity: 40
Missing the 0.002 BTC/HUC days.  Grin
Activity: 22
been stuck on block 105027 since last night. IS the chain dl in the OP a new one?
Activity: 736
Merit: 508
anyone else get a corrupted zip file downloading the chain from MEGA link in OP?
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
Is it possible to modify huntercoin so bots can be used only in one or two teams at most?
This will make huntercoin more interesting I think...

Just my own take... but... No.

The only person that can do that is you. (Or anyone of us.)

Huntercoin is a protocol and set of rules. Whether that is followed by humans or not is entirely up to us.

Plans are in the works... Wink
Activity: 55
Is it possible to modify huntercoin so bots can be used only in one or two teams at most?
This will make huntercoin more interesting I think...
Jump to: