Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 217. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
I've just posted a new video, this is the last one before i'll release the Tech Demo Preview

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO3gfiW0GaE

as a note:
actually i'm waiting name_list fix (name_list return the list of the wallet Players, so it's vital)
meanwhile, since calling it may cause huntercoind stop woriking (thus updating this client AND downloading blocks) i ask name_list just once so if i release tech demo with this constraint, if you run my cliend side by side (on a virtual machine) with the original wallet to move,destroy,create) you won't see the "PlayerInfo Window" updated correctly

this is why i'm waiting to publish the tech demo
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

where do you see that less people are playing?
do you think the bot masters are controlling over 1k Generals each? how many do you think are being controlled out of 12k?
http://huntercoin.info/

Now obviously there are people who control 1k generals and more. I think that the game is now about 80% of the bots will continue longer.

You can read all the original threads about how bots were/are expected, yet, they still can not compete with collaborating humans .

If huntercoin turns into who can make the smartest bots, i think that would probably be more interesting than a pure human vs human environment. maybe that's just me.

Again, a group of humans can easily overpower any bots at this time, so this is a non-factor atm, although people can't seem to see it.
-

In every game in which people compete, there will always be losers Smiley

Which of the smartest bots are you talking about? To do this, there are other games and technology. all reputable game try to fight against bots.

You are here way most people say that you have to fight bots, and you keep repeating the same bottom. You of course I'm sorry, but I think you're thinking in the wrong direction. And I think that Mikhail Sindeyev l would not want to kill the game bots.
Activity: 1176
Merit: 265
New guys don't join up in teams and guilds, they join alone with a few coins ..then they spend hours trying to work out strategy and setting up to see if the game is for them, get mobbed by bots...I don't think they'll stay long  enough to team up. I know that people spend some HUC, lose them, didn't enjoy the process and never come back.

2 months into bitcoin you could easily solo mine, comparing now in BTC to now in HUC is apples vs oranges. Ones had hardware wars and years of difficulty rises, the other just got going.

I hope the new GUI and other stuff helps with bots, they aren't doing any good as it stands now that's obvious. Sad
Developer!
You're missing the point. If only bots are playing, the coin has no value. And right now, every day it's getting more difficult for "human" players to mine coins. In my case for example, I haven't actually made any coins for about a week because I keep losing hunters so I'm barely keeping even.

bot's aren't free, they have to pay for every player as "human players" do, so i don't agree about that
and watching (not much because i'm mainly on testnet to go on with my client) how bots behave, i think that often they pay an high fee to move on next block, so if someone come out with an "antibot bot", it will be more expensive for the bot owner

Of course i hope human players will keep playing the game because i'm doing my client for them and not for bot, but in future i want to add bot programming inside my client, because i believe that it's a scenario that huc players have to deal with

It does not really cost anything to create teams after you recover your generals coins. If you keep your generals safe you just kill them when the runners die and collect the coins, you get back like 0.96. When I was playing I had over 90% of my generals coins recovered. Therefore, 100 teams only cost 5 HUC if you count the .01 fee.

Antibots vs. Bots? I thought this coin was about being "human-mineable" (says so right in the title).

oh cmon, bot aren't invincible, you can destroy them as any human player, since you see many bots, hunt for their generals then, team up, play smart
the problem i see here are mainly 2:
1 - actual client is too slow and didn't give much help to human players
2 - players lack of a teamplay attitude/will

maybe with my client i could help about point 1, but point 2 is about players attitude

I'd add a point 3: blockchain size, as already said here in this thread
blockchain size can keep away new players, but i think something will come out about that

as a last point, not directly to you but in general, everything need it's time. This is not a commercial game that has been built with millions investment and has a huge team working on every aspect, this is an experiment, a new thing, built on top of another new thing and this project counts few people working on it (i'm counting me in for alternative client stuff but i'm working on my own) and if you consider that bounties wallet has been lost on previous dev PC that passed away (i'm developing my client too without any bounty) you have to wait or to help in some way
one way could be invest (donating, buying hucs, doing marketing, faucet, and so on), another way could be building stuff up on that (like me), trying to improve original code, or working with the community in many forms

I've not invested in this coin in term on money (just had a daughter, 2 month old, and i can't gamble her future) but i've invested in term of time, literally hundreds of hours working on my client, and It's one of my goal pushing HUC up in cryptocoin world, even if i wouldn't be rich at all atm (my wallet would make you all laugh Cheesy) but i'm considering this an investment in term of knowledge and maybe, who know, maybe the future will be benevolent with my wallet too Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
You're missing the point. If only bots are playing, the coin has no value. And right now, every day it's getting more difficult for "human" players to mine coins. In my case for example, I haven't actually made any coins for about a week because I keep losing hunters so I'm barely keeping even.

it gets more difficult because you are soloing. You can't keep mining bitcoin with 1 GPU, you need to join a pool...

maybe you could use better skill/tactics , or join a clan, and work together.

i think you are doing something drastically wrong if you haven't made any coins for about a week of playing none stop.

https://poloniex.com/exchange/BTC_HUC

Huc tanking super fast on poloniex.

Of course it is. The price of a coin is usually directly connected with the cost needed to generate it. Now that tons of coins are going to people who do little or no work, and spend no time playing.....expect coin prices to continue to plummet. Why would they hold out for higher prices when they spent basically no money or time to gain them?

worrying too much Smiley

That's exactly my point seed. That's why bots are killing the coin.

make one for <200$ , join friends, play better --- you can't solo forever

No offense snail, but I do not think you understand that this is the opposite of "you used to be able to solo mine bitcoin....."....

With Bitcoin, more people started mining so better hardware was required to keep up, so more cost went into generating the coins, which in turn caused the price to rise because people spent x amount of money to get the bitcoins.

What is happening here is less people are playing because of so many bots, no new hardware is required...so a massive amount of coins are going to people that spend no money or time to accumulate them. Why would they hold out for high prices? They spent nothing to get them.

where do you see that less people are playing?
do you think the bot masters are controlling over 1k Generals each? how many do you think are being controlled out of 12k?
http://huntercoin.info/

Huntercoin mechanics are what they are, and won't change - so either adapt or give up .. if you think these bots are going to make the price go low, then that means you should buy?
cheap labour? Smiley

It is the same as bitcoin - Difficulty goes up, it gets harder to mine coins.

You can read all the original threads about how bots were/are expected, yet, they still can not compete with collaborating humans .

If huntercoin turns into who can make the smartest bots, i think that would probably be more interesting than a pure human vs human environment. maybe that's just me.

Again, a group of humans can easily overpower any bots at this time, so this is a non-factor atm, although people can't seem to see it.
-

In every game in which people compete, there will always be losers Smiley
IVI
Activity: 15
Merit: 0

it gets more difficult because you are soloing. You can't keep mining bitcoin with 1 GPU, you need to join a pool...

i think you are doing something drastically wrong if you haven't made any coins for about a week of playing none stop.

Of course it is. The price of a coin is usually directly connected with the cost needed to generate it. Now that tons of coins are going to people who do little or no work, and spend no time playing.....expect coin prices to continue to plummet. Why would they hold out for higher prices when they spent basically no money or time to gain them?

worrying too much Smiley

Tы чтo блять тyпopылый?!?!?! Teбe cyкa дeгиниpaтy бeзгoлoвoмy oбъяcнили, чтo aппapaтныe cвoйcтвa клиeнтa нe пoзвoляют тягaтьcя c бoтaми!!!!!!!! Bключи гoлoвy...!!! Cдeлaeшь нopмaльнo paбoтaющий клиeнт, дoбaвляй бoтoв и дeлaй чтo xoчeшь, a пoкa чтo клиeнт нe дocкoнaлeн бoтaм тyт нe мecтo!

Taк пoнятнeй?
legendary
Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

worrying too much Smiley

No offense snail, but I do not think you understand that this is the opposite of "you used to be able to solo mine bitcoin....."....

With Bitcoin, more people started mining so better hardware was required to keep up, so more cost went into generating the coins, which in turn caused the price to rise because people spent x amount of money to get the bitcoins.

What is happening here is less people are playing because of so many bots, no new hardware is required...so a massive amount of coins are going to people that spend no money or time to accumulate them. Why would they hold out for high prices? They spent nothing to get them.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
Oh my so much BOT whinning here, wsup with that? You know, you guys just made me download newest wallet and now I'm syncing it slowly, I must
see what is all this crying about. I used to play test HUC and then immidiately after release for like 7 days. I really need to see with my own eyes how
badly BOTs (if they are BOTs) screwed the game, damn you, will you gonna pay me for new SSD if this one dies under Huntercoin heavy load?
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

worrying too much Smiley

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Knowledge is Power
Activity: 364
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

yayks yeah seems people are panic selling

I don't like bots, but I really don't see how you can avoid them.

Just disable hunter command (with coordonate) and you must interact with the wallet by only one way : clic and go with the computer mouse.

+1 if this is possible to implement. Smiley
legendary

Knowledge is Power
legendary

bot's aren't free, they have to pay for every player as "human players" do, so i don't agree about that
and watching (not much because i'm mainly on testnet to go on with my client) how bots behave, i think that often they pay an high fee to move on next block, so if someone come out with an "antibot bot", it will be more expensive for the bot owner

Of course i hope human players will keep playing the game because i'm doing my client for them and not for bot, but in future i want to add bot programming inside my client, because i believe that it's a scenario that huc players have to deal with

It does not really cost anything to create teams after you recover your generals coins. If you keep your generals safe you just kill them when the runners die and collect the coins, you get back like 0.96. When I was playing I had over 90% of my generals coins recovered. Therefore, 100 teams only cost 5 HUC if you count the .01 fee.

Antibots vs. Bots? I thought this coin was about being "human-mineable" (says so right in the title).

Activity: 448
Merit: 280
I don't like bots, but I really don't see how you can avoid them.

Just disable hunter command (with coordonate) and you must interact with the wallet by only one way : clic and go with the computer mouse.
Developer!

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
The blockchain is already over 2GB.
I'm not sure if new people would even download the entire chain when it's this big.
Knowledge is Power
Activity: 887
Merit: 1000
I don't think there will be any getting rid of bots.  If it becomes bot vs bot it will still be interesting.  Everntually it might actually take alot of people's time to keep development going on their bots.  Plus it will always cost 1 HUC to play. Smiley

The more bots there are, the less value the coin has. So it will continue falling and I highly doubt there will be "development" of the bots. The bots are bringing the coin's value down into the ground. Think about it, if people can just turn on bots and run them, why would "real" people play? And if nobody is playing the game anymore, the coin loses all value.

Maybe at first it is just turn the bot on and run since you are competing against mostly humans. Eventually you are going to have to outsmart the other bots so you will need to be constantly tweaking your bot.  As was posted before its still human vs human in a sense although not the way many would like.  I don't like bots, but I really don't see how you can avoid them.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
I don't think there will be any getting rid of bots.  If it becomes bot vs bot it will still be interesting.  Everntually it might actually take alot of people's time to keep development going on their bots.  Plus it will always cost 1 HUC to play. Smiley
u're kiddin.. We're not all programmers.. and it's pretty clear that the ones who have these bots aren't gonna release a source code so anyone could develop their own strategy.

Okay fine let it be bot vs bot.. 400 generals vs 400 generals.. what do i and the rest of my worldwide friends do? with different GMT. different language, different opininons..

i'm not saying i can;t beat a bot,,, but i deffinetely can't and never will beat 800
Jump to: