Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 232. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 448
Merit: 280
That has worked for me on 3 different machines.

Have you got a SSD ? How time for downloading blockchain from scratch ? What is the blocknumber of your chain ? Thank you.
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
I haven't SSD but I sync every day my wallet, but for this block is very long. 88,221 => 88,245 : 50 Minutes ! Let's run on my computer this night...

I had it stuck in one machine. I made more space on the disk and restarted the QT. Things started moving again. It might work for you. Dunno...

To follow up on this...

It didn't work. I still got stuck.

The procedure I outlined in this post worked for me:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5709519

tl;dr - Just redownload the entire blockchain.
copper member
made trial concluded with Poloniex never received coins. (

I can confirm this. I tried to withdraw from Poloniex, and they never arrived. (Still need to contact support for those coins...)

Hmmm yep you should contact support. Poloniex is not a great exchange but it was quite reliable ...

I went back to check on it, and the transfer is "PENDING". Jokes aside... I'm going to skip contacting support for now. I figure he's probably quite busy already and will get to fixing this issue as a batch transaction. It will likely get cleared up easier if I don't contact support.
copper member
try rescan using my backup at date 02/27

after get block 72XXX error has begun

this picture proccesing block 87xxx

any advise?

I can tell you what worked for me...

1) Open the "%appdata%\huntercoin" folder. (The "datadir" or data directory.)

2) *** BACK UP YOUR WALLET.DAT AND HUNTERCOIN.CONF FILES *** (see my sig for a wallet.dat backup utility) DO NOT DELETE YOUR WALLET!

3) Move all files except for wallet.dat and huntercoin.conf to another folder. You can delete these files after you have completed all the steps here.

4) Ensure that you have the "addnode" entries in your huntercoin.conf file that are in the OP.

5) Start huntercoin-qt.exe. It will download the blockchain entirely from scratch.

6) Once the blockchain has finished downloading, you can then safely delete the files you moved in step 3.

That has worked for me on 3 different machines.

I tried the "-rescan" option several times on 2 machines -- no luck. It didn't work. It has worked in the past, but not for the kinds of errors that we're seeing now.

legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1199

I can confirm this. I tried to withdraw from Poloniex, and they never arrived. (Still need to contact support for those coins...)

Hmmm yep you should contact support. Poloniex is not a great exchange but it was quite reliable ...
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
http://www.jexpotz.com bitcoin faucet
try rescan using my backup at date 02/27

after get block 72XXX error has begun

this picture proccesing block 87xxx

any advise?
copper member
Hi guys , who can send me some HUC coins so i can play this game to HA792TiaR9Abm9QVhCTuXSKEucmaQQhQoF. I will send back after i make some HUC Smiley
Thanks

Now is a bad time to ask. It looks like there is a fork in the blockchain, so nobody should send or receive unless they know 100% that they are on the correct chain and that whoever they transact with is on the right chain.

But you're best off buying a few HUC at an exchange. You can mine other coins then flog them off and buy HUC. Some coins are only for CPU, and they might be more profitable, but you'd have to look into it.
copper member

copper member
I am completely non technical and have no idea what anyone is talking about for the last 5 pages.

I bought a bunch of HUC a couple of weeks ago and keep them on qt...the name on the zip archive is "Huntercoin-1.00.05c-time-to-dest"

I have not opened my qt or done any transactions for almost a week, definitely before these apparent problems started.

Are my coins safe? once we are eventually all on one chain again will the coins still be recognised as mine and I will be able to spend them without needing to do anything different?

Thanks

1) Your coins are safe.
2) You should back up your wallet. (Check my sig for some backup software for wallets.)
3) If you are on the wrong chain, you shouldn't do anything at all. Don't send. Don't receive. Get on the right chain.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Admin of CoinMiners Pools
Hi guys , who can send me some HUC coins so i can play this game to HA792TiaR9Abm9QVhCTuXSKEucmaQQhQoF. I will send back after i make some HUC Smiley
Thanks
Activity: 196
Muniti creator
I am completely non technical and have no idea what anyone is talking about for the last 5 pages.

I bought a bunch of HUC a couple of weeks ago and keep them on qt...the name on the zip archive is "Huntercoin-1.00.05c-time-to-dest"

I have not opened my qt or done any transactions for almost a week, definitely before these apparent problems started.

Are my coins safe? once we are eventually all on one chain again will the coins still be recognised as mine and I will be able to spend them without needing to do anything different?

Thanks

This ^

Should we let our wallets update to the latest block (if possible)?
Activity: 180

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Activity: 4
it seems to be OK now.
I used to download and update the client from the op link.
At present, i can receive and send HUC from other,
the current block is 91944
I tested withdraw and deposit in btcqian.com, it's normal Grin
I don't know whether poloniex.com is on the right block. Roll Eyes
copper member
Just to clarify your post before: I delete and re-synch one of my machines 2 days ago, it took me almost 2 days to synch, but I was on the longer chain. The other computer running for the whole time (of that synching) is also on that longer chain. So if you re-synch now you can still get on this longer chain.

Similarly, the machine I deleted the blockchain on and resync'd from zero (only OP addnode IP addresses in conf file) looks to be on the longer chain. Not 100% certain yet, but from the looks of it, yeah - longer chain right now.
Activity: 31
I've been out of the loop since I acquired a good amount of HUC and wanted to lay back and forget HUC for a while. What is happening? is it like the first fork all over again where the coins people mined will be gone? That would be very tragic...
I would imagine so if said coins are mined on a chain that ultimately gets rejected. Tragic indeed.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Riecoin and Huntercoin to rule all!
I've been out of the loop since I acquired a good amount of HUC and wanted to lay back and forget HUC for a while. What is happening? is it like the first fork all over again where the coins people mined will be gone? That would be very tragic...
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Anyone have a HunterCoin scrypt pool I can use for testing BFGMiner/scrypt?
I don't want merged mining...

Thanks,

Luke
Jump to: