Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 227. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
I do that, and always is like that. now is 20 hours.

download chain in OP

maybe you are locking on to the bad forks

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
I do that, and always is like that. now is 20 hours.
Activity: 196
Merit: 101
In my wallet is write: out of sync. And my time for wait increase. For example: when i had opened the game , my time of syncronisation was 16 hours.. And now is 19. Why?

That happened to me also, I just close/reopened the wallet and was fine.
In my wallet is write: out of sync. And my time for wait increase. For example: when i had opened the game , my time of syncronisation was 16 hours.. And now is 19. Why?
Activity: 26
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
IMO, it should be his last name, not first.

Not so much for how it sounds, but for the simple fact that this project could be considered his "baby." What better way to symbolize that then to have his family name attached to it?
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
Hy. I have a question. Why grow up the time in my wallet?

You mean the "Chronon" count? That's the block height or the number of blocks, or the turn number. It increases by about 1 per minute.

If you're referring to the blockchain, then there was a fork, and maybe you're on the right chain now.
Hy. I have a question. Why grow up the time in my wallet?
copper member
And thanks for writing up the page!

There is a TONNE of room for improvement, so for anyone that can competently write for Wikipedia, full steam ahead ! Smiley

(I left the "Game" section pretty sparse as I figured that some others might be interested in helping out, and that is likely an area of interest for many. Also, looking up references chewed up the bulk of the writing time.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntercoin

And... graphics/screenshots are missing. Lots to do there. (I'll revisit as time permits.)

copper member
regarding 0.00000001 = a Mikhail

i'm now starting to think maybe sounds better if it's a Sindeyev
has a better ring to it maybe..

what do you think?

I thought about that before, but "Sin-de-yev" is 3 syllables where "Mik-hail" ("Mikh-ail"? 'h' as aspiration indicator for the 'k'?) is only 2. Shorter is easier.

Also, the phonetic combinations in "Mikhail" are easier in English (and Korean). I can't speak for other languages though.

As shortened forms, they're likely to end up as "miks" and "sins". "Miks" is shorter again as the final 's' in "sins" is a hard 's' (z) and longer sound. In English, there is the "sin" issue, and it could be a negative connotation with some people.

You are right, Sindeyev sounds better to me - but only a bit, so I'm undecided.  (Not sure if that's an argument, but note that Sindeyev is probably transcribed differently in non-English languages (I'd write it as Sindejew in German, for instance) ... at least that's my experience with Russian mathematicians' names.  I don't know if that could cause confusion.)

My first thought was that Sindeyev is a bit cooler sounding, but on rethinking it, I'm on the fence. I've really got no solid opinion there.

I prefer the first name Mikhail than last name Sindeyev, like "Satoshi Nakamoto".

That is an interesting consideration.

But whatever it ends up being, I think that honouring Mikhail and preserving his memory like this is very much worthwhile. Given name or family name.

I think that I'm far from alone in referring to the 8th decimal place of any currency as " satoshis" or " sats". It's a wonderful tip of the hat to Satoshi Nakamoto for what he has accomplished, and I think that Snailbrain is right here with this being an opportunity to honour Mikhail for what he's accomplished with Huntercoin.

Anyways... Just my 2 mikhails. Wink
copper member
when they resumed exchange coins? Impossible so long to close the opportunity to exchange.

I keep checking hoping to see it is safe to exchange too Cry Need moar...

I also want to get some buy orders in on Poloniex.

My gut is telling me that a few days of pent up sellers will dump and we'll have a super cheap bonanza buying spree. Cheesy

Activity: 448
Merit: 280

what do you think?

I prefer the first name Mikhail than last name Sindeyev, like "Satoshi Nakamoto".
Merit: 100
Muniti creator
Let's try to get HUC on this exchange once everything's back on track. It's the largest in China by volume trade:

https://www.okcoin.com/
legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166
shouldn't be long..

we've been testing, and downloading chains from scratch etc..

I hope so, thanks for testing!

what do you think?

You are right, Sindeyev sounds better to me - but only a bit, so I'm undecided.  (Not sure if that's an argument, but note that Sindeyev is probably transcribed differently in non-English languages (I'd write it as Sindejew in German, for instance) ... at least that's my experience with Russian mathematicians' names.  I don't know if that could cause confusion.)
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
shouldn't be long..

we've been testing, and downloading chains from scratch etc..

--

what do you think?
Muniti creator
Exchanges will resume normally once the blockchain is fully secured. It's better to wait a few extra days rather than release it prematurely and end up with one massive clusterf**k, as that would surely damage the coin a lot
Activity: 168
would just like to know at least the approximate dates resume sharing
legendary
Activity: 3934
Merit: 1248
Owner at AltQuick.com
when they resumed exchange coins? Impossible so long to close the opportunity to exchange.

I keep checking hoping to see it is safe to exchange too Cry Need moar...
Activity: 168
Jump to: