Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 238. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 10
i've tried the mega link a couple times without success... I'll try again...
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Redownloading the chain worked for me. I'm on block 90743 and my hunters are all there and moving.

did you redownload from scratch?

or use the mega link
What is mega link?
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
Redownloading the chain worked for me. I'm on block 90743 and my hunters are all there and moving.

or use the mega link

I used the mega link, which didn't work for me the first two times but I just did it again about an hour ago and it seems to be working fine.
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

or use the mega link
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
legendary
i'm going to sync from scratch with ram drive..
then upload that chain.. it may be a couple of hours

-- there's a chance that until the shorter chain overtakes the longer chain in blocks, syncing might not be perfect.. although, i'm only guessing at this stage..
---------

p.s. I'm not a coder... which is why you get fast responses without absolute correct information.. i could just wait days before I post (like what happens with other coins), but i think is better to tell you what i know when i know it -- also it's why I say "maybe", "think", "seems" - a lot Wink

For real information you will need to wait while i gather the information from others
Activity: 55
I just worry about my hunter, may be they will killed while I'm downloading the correct chain.  Cry
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
█ Scrooge D Silver █
Thanks for the answers snailbrain.

When will trading resume at Poloniex & Cryptorush?

PS: Can somebody reupload the chain? Mega doesn't work for me somehow showing temporary error after 50%.
Activity: 1
I downloaded the blockchain from Mega... can someone please tell me the steps necessary to install it? Besides copying the files over, isn't there some sort of command that must be run in order for it to recognize the transactions in your wallet?

Thanks!

Copy and paste all of the files you downloaded from Mega into your AppData folder. If you're using windows it should be in Username > Appdata > Roaming > Huntercoin

Also make sure show hidden files, folders, and drives is selected under folder and search options before doing this.

The location of the Appdata folder is also shown in this tutorial. Even though the video above is Dogecoin instead of Huntercoin, all cryptocurrency data is stored in the AppData > Roaming folders.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Purse began some synchronization  Roll Eyes
legendary
so here's http://huc.explorer.dot-bit.org/ the correct chain? I now have 90871 block, it is normal or not?

no this is not correct chain.. if you resync u will not get on that chain because it's invalid .. but pool carry on mining and those that never stoped syncing stayed on that chain...
possibly corrupt dat file somewhere.. and reorg never work proper..
possibly the same thing happens with namecoin, except they never become a longer chain, so doesn't have the same effect

also possible someone cause reorgs to happen.. we'll try to get pools to put more hash on (they are not going full blast atm, it seems)

still... we'll keep looking into the issue

which block is correct now?

Activity: 7
so here's http://huc.explorer.dot-bit.org/ the correct chain? I now have 90871 block, it is normal or not?

no this is not correct chain.. if you resync u will not get on that chain because it's invalid .. but pool carry on mining and those that never stoped syncing stayed on that chain...
possibly the same thing happens with namecoin, except they never become a longer chain, so doesn't have the same effect

also possible someone cause reorgs to happen.. we'll try to get pools to put more hash on (they are not going full blast atm, it seems)

which block is correct now?
legendary
so what to do to get the correct network? and how wrong it is shorter? I now carry about miners coins, I lose them all?

sync from scratch is the best option...

if you use the blockchain in OP, it will get you to the correct block.. but i'm still trying to work out if i uploaded that from the wrong chain to begin with.. even thought it seems to sync to the correct block... but then says there are more to go..
seems it works..

I'm finding out when the split happened (sha256 one fork, scrypt the other fork)

i think i know the problem
snail you on IRC at all?

i sent a pm mate
so what to do to get the correct network? and how wrong it is shorter? I now carry about miners coins, I lose them all?
Activity: 378
Merit: 254
small fry
i think i know the problem
snail you on IRC at all?
legendary

Activity: 596
Merit: 500
I downloaded the blockchain from Mega... can someone please tell me the steps necessary to install it? Besides copying the files over, isn't there some sort of command that must be run in order for it to recognize the transactions in your wallet?

Thanks!
Activity: 55
Anyone here can help me install huntercoin daemon in ubuntu server ?
I tried but got this
Code:
g++ -c -O2 -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wformat -D_MT -DNOPCH -DFOURWAYSSE2 -DUSE_SSL
-DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE  -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -I../libs/openssl-1.0.1e/inclu
de -I../libs/db-4.7.25.NC/build_unix -I../libs/boost_1_50_0 -o obj/auxpow.o auxp
ow.cpp
In file included from auxpow.cpp:4:0:
headers.h:38:20: fatal error: db_cxx.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/auxpow.o] Error 1

Code:
sudo apt-get install libboost-chrono-dev libboost-date-time-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-serialization-dev libboost-system-dev libboost-thread-dev libboost-dev libdb5.1++-dev libglib2.0-dev git build-essential libssl-dev

Should get all your dependencies for daemon

Thanksss...  Kiss
legendary
NOTICE:

The longer chain (which was slightly ahead) is invalid.

If you was on the longest chain, you will need to redownload the chain (you can use the chain in OP.. hopefully) .. at the moment you can tell if you was on the longest chain by comparing with blockexplorer (is on the longest chain) http://huc.explorer.dot-bit.org/

problem possibly due to corrupt nameindexfull.dat or game.dat on a pool.. or could have been some other issue (someone trying to disrupt huntercoin)

The pool has now stopped mining the longest chain, and is now syncing to the lesser chain.

we are investigating the issue
Jump to: