Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 240. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Knowledge is Power
What's up with the constant syncing issue over past few days? Any fixes?
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
I guess it was always going to be flakey in the early days of such an innovative concept like this. I'm fairly new to this but I'm sure there were lots of issues with bitcoin and namecoin and all the others. So I think it will take a fair amount of patience and there will probably be some collateral damage (losing teams, some non-banked coins) until such time that everything is squeaky clean. This could take a few weeks or a few months in all probability. My thinking is that it is better to be in the tent than out of the tent so keeping at it (have a few coins and a few players). I remember people panic selling their bitcoins at 3 bucks a copy and packing up their mining rigs not too long ago. Feels like minor setbacks even though they are frustrating.
Activity: 554
Merit: 502
Developer!
Now the client is catching up to the fork going to the future fork and I was in the past I guess... Gonna lose all my coins:/ 15 coins were heading back to base and I'm about 75 blocks behind by the time I sync up my guys were be dead. Especially because blue is doing a raid on green base ugh:/. Cant wait for Mithirils client!

thanks about trust Smiley
anyway my client depend upon daemon (huntercoind.exe) so i can't do anything about this problems (fork and sync)
but i can do a lot about game experience (smooth), interface and game features
Activity: 17
I haven't had any luck for days now. Can't sync the wallet, all of my 40 teams wasted (this game gets more and more expensive!!), and now news of a fork so I guess I should stop trying.

I've tried -rescan and all of the other "fixes" mentioned in this thread. It's especially hard because when I close the HuC wallet, it takes 30-40 minutes to actually go out of memory so that I can attempt to open it again.

If we aren't supposed to force-close the wallet, then there needs to be a fix so that it will actually close itself when asked to!
Activity: 34
Now the client is catching up to the fork going to the future fork and I was in the past I guess... Gonna lose all my coins:/ 15 coins were heading back to base and I'm about 75 blocks behind by the time I sync up my guys were be dead. Especially because blue is doing a raid on green base ugh:/. Cant wait for Mithirils client!
Activity: 288
how can i resolve this issue ?

free some space? Cheesy

restart client

run -rescan (will take a long time)

I received the same error. I have a 1TB drive, 777 GB free, so it doesn't make any sense. I deleted and redownloaded the blockchain, and that didn't work.

Rescanning now...

No longer getting this error, but am getting a "Error: The transaction was rejected. This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent....."

that error usually means you need to rescan..

as for network status atm, few people looking into it,  looks like could be some bug or other issue.
will keep updated.

I'm actually still getting the diskfull error as well....

Thanks for looking into it.
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

free some space? Cheesy

restart client

I received the same error. I have a 1TB drive, 777 GB free, so it doesn't make any sense. I deleted and redownloaded the blockchain, and that didn't work.

Rescanning now...

No longer getting this error, but am getting a "Error: The transaction was rejected. This might happen if some of the coins in your wallet were already spent....."

that error usually means you need to rescan..

as for network status atm, few people looking into it,  looks like could be some bug or other issue.
will keep updated.

free some space? Cheesy

restart client

Rescanning now...

free some space? Cheesy

restart client

Rescanning now...
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
if rescan doesn't work.. you will need to redownload blockchain

https://mega.co.nz/#!9BcD3IgS!kMDsxVp5LfADC4mpLkgvADMBNETyTmD2pRbHWxSdVA8

Replaced and waited for it to sync. Then stuck on 10105..   not enough space = no more blocks coming in.

140 GB free space. 0.1% disk fragmentation :\
Developer!
Mithrilman, you never stop to have good ideas  ? Grin

i hope no Cheesy

this has been taken at block 88872

if you find it being too confused, i can do those dots toggable by keyboard shortcut (es. CTRL + N)

next step will be drawing coins on main map, when the total is > than a threshold (i.e. show all cell that has loot value > 20)
Activity: 403
Merit: 251

There doesn't seem to be any negative consequences of getting this warning.
(Empirically from playing, I didn't check the code)

Activity: 448
Merit: 280
Mithrilman, you never stop to have good ideas  ? Grin
Developer!
here with updates!

i've added two features that could be very useful, here we go with screenshots:

I've totally remade the floating windows, now it's a real minimap (stretchable) that show the whole map and don't cause performance loss
you can't pan it or zoom in/out because it always show the whole map and you can double click in it to center the main map
In future days I'll add to it other features like heat maps (player concentration shown by color where density change color intensity), own troop localization, and so on (you can suggest what you'd like there)
One of the nice feature i've added, is a resize of the coin shown, based on the amount (in testnet, center map has cell with 1000+ coins so that's why you see those big ones, on main blockchain i suppose you'll see a so big coin only over crown cell)
coins are drawn not only if mineable but even if held by hunters (maybe i'll add 2 different toggable button, to show just lootable coins)

2nd screen:

I've added an indicator that show easily how many hunter (and which color) there are in a cell
every colour has his indicator in it's own corner, yellow = tol left, red = top right, green= bottom right, blue = bottom left (same as spawn zone location)

those 2 screens have been taken in testnet but now i'll try to sync main blockchain and shot one with real data
yay!

follow progressions here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/annhuc-huntercoin-mithril-edition-update-v-104-2216-update-20jul14-509574
Activity: 34
Just got forked? People were shouting it in game everyone is either block 90124 or 90077. I hope this doesn't change the amount of coins I looted in game
Activity: 20
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
IVI
Activity: 15
Funny i have same error. Stuck at block 8997.. i have 120 GB free space.. restarted 5 times.. nothing

I schaslivchik, I 8998   Grin
Activity: 105
Merit: 10
Funny i have same error. Stuck at block 8997.. i have 120 GB free space.. restarted 5 times.. nothing
IVI
Activity: 15
http://s11.postimg.org/dp3y6us3n/Untitled.png

free some space? Cheesy

restart client

The same problem, there is enough space! Restarted several times...
Jump to: