Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 3. (Read 879142 times)

Activity: 859
Merit: 251
Not sure what you are talking about here...
Like domob mentioned above, Mikhail (thecoder) died very suddenly shortly after Huntercoin launched. It was a pretty big shock for everyone. He had the coins and private keys, so it was all lost...

My bad, I heard so many times about lost keys by the developers that I don't believe it anymore because every time it turns out to be a lie in the end.
I wasn't aware of the Huntercoin sad story about the death of the developer in the early stages of the project.

I assume everything was checked and theses coins were never moved from these wallets?

As I said already is not the first time I hear such story and always coins finally were moved from these wallets to exchanges and sold.
This happens almost always in the end (postponed exit scam) or when the project has bad times and is at the straight way to oblivion.

Well, the light at the end of the tunnel is getting nearer (in a year?). Maybe huntercoin will get a re-brand or be swapped for a newer type of coin, I don't know. For sure, the dev did everything he could possibly do for the last five years.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold
Not sure what you are talking about here...
Like domob mentioned above, Mikhail (thecoder) died very suddenly shortly after Huntercoin launched. It was a pretty big shock for everyone. He had the coins and private keys, so it was all lost...

My bad, I heard so many times about lost keys by the developers that I don't believe it anymore because every time it turns out to be a lie in the end.
I wasn't aware of the Huntercoin sad story about the death of the developer in the early stages of the project.

I assume everything was checked and theses coins were never moved from these wallets?

As I said already is not the first time I hear such story and always coins finally were moved from these wallets to exchanges and sold.
This happens almost always in the end (postponed exit scam) or when the project has bad times and is at the straight way to oblivion.
copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
...keep in mind that Huntercoin was entirely funded by the dev who spent years and never recouped costs...

Something seems not right. Taking into consideration the second part of the statement.

snailbrain paid for everything. Development costs, web hosting, etc. Nothing unusual there. But I don't think he ever managed to make back his costs. He also paid to maintain it over the years too. I'm not sure what you think isn't quite right.

...I suppose I should've been selling when HUC was $1 or $10 or whatever. It spiked pretty high.

Did Dev lose keys like the new Faketoshi?

Like domob mentioned above, Mikhail (thecoder) died very suddenly shortly after Huntercoin launched. It was a pretty big shock for everyone. He had the coins and private keys, so it was all lost. I'm sure there are some posts way back about it. It was pretty devastating.

legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1161
...keep in mind that Huntercoin was entirely funded by the dev who spent years and never recouped costs...

Something seems not right. Taking into consideration the second part of the statement.

...I suppose I should've been selling when HUC was $1 or $10 or whatever. It spiked pretty high.

Not sure what you are talking about here.  The statement about "should've been selling" was not related to the developer owning any / much coins.  Also, unlike most more recent projects, Huntercoin did not give 90%+ of the coins to the developers in a premine.  There were 80k (or maybe 85k?) HUC premined with a clearly stated goal to give them out as bounties (rather than make the developer rich).  But the keys to most of them were indeed lost when the original main coder died shortly after launch.  IIRC this is described (somewhat) on the webpage and most probably also in the early history of this thread.
legendary
Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708
First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

copper member
Activity: 1380
Merit: 504
THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA
Huntercoin has been a dead project for some time.  The developer has moved on to a different ICO token/premined coin or whatever that had an extremely little reward for the HUC crowd.

I would strongly advise people not to buy Huntercoins at this time.

(No offense to all the great developers here and such.)

I personally lost around 60-70 Bitcoins here.

Huntercoin was a 1-year experiment, so considering we're 6 years on now, it seems that it did pretty well.

Let's also keep in mind that Huntercoin was entirely funded by the dev who spent years and never recouped costs, so I don't think it's really something to complain about. It was fun.

I never lost that much BTC, but at today's prices more than enough to buy an extremely nice new vehicle. I suppose I should've been selling when HUC was $1 or $10 or whatever. It spiked pretty high.

legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1238
Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com
Huntercoin has been a dead project for some time.  The developer has moved on to a different ICO token/premined coin or whatever that had an extremely little reward for the HUC crowd.

I would strongly advise people not to buy Huntercoins at this time.

(No offense to all the great developers here and such.)

I personally lost around 60-70 Bitcoins here.
Activity: 120
Merit: 0
Guys, plz help newbie

HUKWjQGNhH8MDEe8Z5hZuucXiqWitD72P5    Cool
legendary
Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564
精神分析的爸
https://freiexchange.com/market/HUC/BTC

Nobody trading there, so please go and support the coin.

-extro

It doesn't seem to be listed anymore on Freiexchange or am I looking at the wrong place?

TIA
legendary
My question is - Which wallet is it that you are mentioning here?

If you really just want to generate a wallet / address, then it doesn't really matter.  You can use that v0.13 one, or you can use one built from latest Github sources or probably any other version you can find.  You also don't necessarily need the Unity + chain download part.  But if that download is the easiest to get for you, then it will certainly work.

As soon as you have it started (even if the blockchain is not yet synched), just grab an address and make sure to backup your wallet properly.
Activity: 15
Hey Domob, Thank you very much for taking the time to reply. I was a little lost about the ideas you suggested in the second paragraph about using a bitcoinCore wallet ( I'm not very familiar with stand alone wallets ) , so id say that is too advanced for me to invest a lot of time learning at the moment....

But,what you say in the first paragraph sounds like something I could handle:

"Of course, the most straight-forward option is installing the wallet.  You don't have to sync the full blockchain to generate an address and withdraw coins to it."

- My question is - Which wallet is it that you are mentioning here? I believe you are referring to the Huntercore v0.13 mentioned on the 1st page of this thread. It states:

"All in One - Huntercore v0.13 + Unity3d 1.22+ Pruned Chain - 500mb Download
For New Users - this should get you up and running with a huntercoin wallet + unity3d client in the time it takes to download + a few minutes of syncing >>
Windows > https://mega.nz/#!pdUznRiJ!oEDFIU6ctJWm9zmIcalEXQP8wkmiB9itY2Ipole-0ow

You should replace huntercoin-qt.exe (in c:\huntercore\gamedata\ ) with the latest version here > https://github.com/chronokings/huntercore/releases"

I had initially thought that was old and outdated info, but now I see that it was updated a few months ago by Snailbrain....

So basically, I should just do what Ders_a had said on the post above from 13th of June?
Thanks again for the help!
legendary
Can someone pleeeeeease suggest where to move the coins to from Poloniex?

Of course, the most straight-forward option is installing the wallet.  You don't have to sync the full blockchain to generate an address and withdraw coins to it.

If you really do not want to do that and just want to "secure" the coins (for further HODLing), then an alternative could be to generate an address through another wallet (e.g. a "legacy" address in Bitcoin Core) and simply convert the address format to Huntercoin.  Then as long as you have the private key from the Bitcoin wallet, you can always later import it into Huntercoin if you want to do something with your coins.  (However, this is of course only something you should attempt if you roughly know what you are doing!)
Activity: 15
I'm curious, too... I still have coins on sitting Poloniex (Huntercoins) from a long time ago...I cant seem to figure out if I should go through the headache of trying to download some old wallet that may or may not work.

Polo de listed HUC and I want my coins off the exchange before they permanently disable their wallet...

-We probably only have a few days/week to figure this out before there is no options left - it's urgent!

Can someone pleeeeeease suggest where to move the coins to from Poloniex?

As far as moving the coins to another exchange, I cant find any others at all out there that have HUC listed, so that's not a viable option at this time. Thanks in advance!
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
Activity: 48
Merit: 4
https://freiexchange.com/market/HUC/BTC

Nobody trading there, so please go and support the coin.

-extro
Activity: 3
I suppose if Snailbrain will do some efforts coin can be listed on Bittrex or Upbit, some complete shitcoins were listed there after purging from Polo.

Snailbrain, talk to people, what You think, what are You gonna do?
Activity: 3
what wallet can I use to wd coins from polo? thanks for any link

Take this one https://mega.nz/#!pdUznRiJ!oEDFIU6ctJWm9zmIcalEXQP8wkmiB9itY2Ipole-0ow (it's from 1st page of this thread) in my case I could download blockchain only with old version. Then download new version from here https://github.com/chronokings/huntercore/releases/download/huc0.16.0/Huntercore-win64-0.16.0.zip and replace binary only. Full blockchain download even from purned variant will take a few days, hurry.
Activity: 298
Merit: 10
what wallet can I use to wd coins from polo? thanks for any link
Activity: 213
Merit: 1
Was there a swap or is there even a working wallet? Let me guess, no mac wallet right? Or can you store HUC on XAYA wallet?
Activity: 367
Merit: 255
Huccoin was delists on Poloniex. How i can send my Huc.
Send to a local wallet and forget or wait for a wonder  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: