Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 331. (Read 879551 times)

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
thanks, we looked at it, but think it could have some vulnerabilities or need a lot of work..

once more than 1 pool is mining, and daemon is fixed, i think it will be ok

It will not be OK unless there is a mechanic used to insure cryptocoin does not "pause" once major hashpower drop happens. All you
developers are playing with fire and it will end up in dissaster sooner or later.
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
looks like pool stop mining.. probably daemon crash (this will be the next bug to fix.. hopefully the last major one ) .. maybe something else... investigating

That is partial solution. If you find time please check artificial downward difficulty retarget implemented with Bitcoin Testnet and
artificial difficulty halving that was implemented in older version of Terracoin. Former one works perfectly but it temporaly drops
difficulty to 1. Once block is added it then rises difficulty back to previous value and retargets in classic way every 2016 blocks.
Dropping difficulty to 1 with Huntercoin would probably be overkill in terms of orphans though. Terracoin had it a bit different, it
was artificially halving difficulty but an error there was it was doing it permanently so smart guys with a lot of hashrate exploited
the mechanic and later Terracoin developer changed the code. Combination of mentioned two mechanics should be added to any
and all cryptocoins and I still wonder why developers are stuborn there. Code already exists, it just need a minor adjustments.

1. Artificialy halve difficulty if block is not found within X minutes.
2. Halve it again if block is still not found after X + Y minutes.
3. Drop difficulty to 1 in the worst case scenario (no block found within some tolerable period of time).
4. Once block is finaly found retarget the usual way.

X = 1 minute, Y = 1.5 minute, the worst case scenario = 5 minutes or any other values you think would best suit Huntercoin.

v1.00.4 rocks, keep up the great work!  Smiley

thanks, we looked at it, but think it could have some vulnerabilities or need a lot of work..

once more than 1 pool is mining, and daemon is fixed, i think it will be ok
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043
:^)
looks like pool stop mining.. probably daemon crash (this will be the next bug to fix.. hopefully the last major one ) .. maybe something else... investigating

That is partial solution. If you find time please check artificial downward difficulty retarget implemented with Bitcoin Testnet and
artificial difficulty halving that was implemented in older version of Terracoin. Former one works perfectly but it temporaly drops
difficulty to 1. Once block is found it then rises difficulty back to previous value and retargets in classic way every 2016 blocks.
Dropping difficulty to 1 with Huntercoin would probably be overkill in terms of orphans though. Terracoin had it a bit different, it
was artificially halving difficulty but an error there was it was doing it permanently so smart guys with a lot of hashrate exploited
the mechanic and later Terracoin developer changed the code. Combination of mentioned two mechanics should be added to any
and all cryptocoins and I still wonder why developers are stuborn there. Code already exists, it just need a minor adjustments.

1. Artificialy halve difficulty if block is not found within X minutes.
2. Halve it again if block is still not found after X + Y minutes.
3. Drop difficulty to 1 in the worst case scenario (no block found within some tolerable period of time).
4. Once block is finaly found retarget the usual way.

X = 1 minute, Y = 1.5 minute, the worst case scenario = 5 minutes or any other values you think would best suit Huntercoin.

v1.00.04 rocks, keep up the great work!  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
I think the devs are working for the WWF.
They keep delaying the hunters and delaying them until they get bored or hunting.
legendary
Pending problem should be fixed.. the problem is there are no blocks coming in Smiley

but we will see

Hey OP , how much bribe do you get from that Chinese pool  for not helping other pools being set up ?

no pools have asked, yet i have asked every pool..
and, we don't know a lot about Mining Pools -- otherwise, maybe we would have made one ourselves???

----

Take a break, go to the toilet, get a shower Smiley

if anyone has Big Hash, try to mine a block.. Smiley

Hey snailbrain,

First off, your patience & hard work is world class - well done. A coin such as this, as everyone should know, takes time to develop & iron out bugs - but you're getting there.

I've updated to the latest version & have been merge mining with p2pool since day one with over 100gigs but have yet to solve a block & have had to restart both the daemon & GUI version multiple times a day, so there's definitely a problem somewhere my man. My programming skills are limited I'm afraid so I can't be much help to you in that respect, but I'm sure you are on the right track, keep at it  Grin

To everyone else testing this coin - please be patient, this is a totally new concept coin & is bound to have bugs, instead of complaining, offer help - that way the bugs will be fixed quicker.

Peace  Grin

thank you, much appreciated

Yep mate, we are aware the daemon crashes sometimes when mining it..

we decided, first fix pending tx bug, then work on daemon crash --

please be patient while we try to reconnect the portals to Chronosius...

http://huntercoin.org/information/chronosius/
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....
Hey OP , how much bribe do you get from that Chinese pool  for not helping other pools being set up ?

and, we don't know a lot about Mining Pools -- otherwise, maybe we would have made one ourselves???

----

Hey snailbrain,

First off, your patience & hard work is world class - well done. A coin such as this, as everyone should know, takes time to develop & iron out bugs - but you're getting there.

I've updated to the latest version & have been merge mining with p2pool since day one with over 100gigs but have yet to solve a block & have had to restart both the daemon & GUI version multiple times a day, so there's definitely a problem somewhere my man. My programming skills are limited I'm afraid so I can't be much help to you in that respect, but I'm sure you are on the right track, keep at it  Grin

To everyone else testing this coin - please be patient, this is a totally new concept coin & is bound to have bugs, instead of complaining, offer help - that way the bugs will be fixed quicker.

Peace  Grin
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Any details
How we can do solo mining please

I have mining power

Please help me for solo mining

+1
and HUNTER IN PENDING SOLLUTION? i have version 1.04 and addnodes..
legendary
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
Any details
How we can do solo mining please

I have mining power

Please help me for solo mining
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
I tried the new wallet 1.04, it doesn't synchronize
Activity: 1078
Merit: 507
Hey OP , how much bribe do you get from that Chinese pool  for not helping other pools being set up ?

----

looks like pool stop mining.. probably daemon crash.. maybe something else... investigating

brickleul, im currently setting up a p2pool for huntercoin.
I edited the code to work with huntercoin, but now have issue with python bcuz my system is x64.
Trying to fix that asap..
legendary
Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004
How I can mining solo huc?
Any details??
legendary

----

Activity: 105
Merit: 10
what the hell.. no blocks coming in..... Huh
Activity: 23
Bcuz i dont want lots of pms i decided to use following adress:

[email protected]

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

[email protected]

Technical details of permanent failure:
The email account that you tried to reach does not exist.
Activity: 82
last block 08/02/14 11:19:28, thats why Undecided
Activity: 71
Hey OP , how much bribe do you get from that Chinese pool  for not helping other pools being set up ?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1009
Activity: 18
you pending, me pending, and lol pending, please fix this Cry
Activity: 28
ALL HUNTER PENDING AGAIN HAHAH  Grin Angry Angry Angry
Jump to: