Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][HUC] Huntercoin - Worlds First Decentralized Game/World on the Blockchain - page 48. (Read 879551 times)

Activity: 403
Merit: 251
I have updated the Windows build for "Old version Huntercoin (with game tab)": https://mega.nz/#!rNNBAZRT!Jdbqy2SJjzc0ILRsE-XMlOgovsVFVOP01t6OM6Gi6as

- standard v1.4, and betterQt safemode + advanced mode (both with quickstart guide)

- description of game rules updated from old GameLogicChanges.txt that is not in the All-in-One-Installer (yet)

- hit+run system is now fork ready, won't walk right into trap of newly spawned invulnerable guy (who can do 1 or 2 destructs while still invulnerable)

- edited visual map in center a bit to make the spawn strip less obscured by palisades (the south gate can't be opened because it's blocked by that rock Wink

Activity: 403
Merit: 251
Does GBT refer to gibraltar trustee?

More to getblocktemplate, probably Tongue

Activity: 1150
Merit: 502
compiled it and just syncing now, but I see that gbt isn't active so I don't think I'll be able to mine it.

I know there has been conversation about this before, but I've not been able to find out if merge mining NMC has been fixed or if it actually works anymore. I've scanned the NMC forum but can't find any definate answer, so can only presume that if HUCcore is based on NMCcore then merge mining will also be broken with HUC also? That sucks if I'm correct.

As far as I know, merge-mining with neither NMC nor the new HUC client is "broken".  GBT is disabled at the moment since it caused difficulties with a planned change in NMC and seems pointless for merge-mining, but apparently people are still using it for controlling their mining.  See discussion in https://github.com/namecoin/namecoin-core/issues/98.  It will probably be re-enabled "soon" and then become available also in HUC.

Does GBT refer to gibraltar trustee? Trustees are the men u should avoid talking to and meeting with in real life. Merge a trustee into the code of a coin and see which direction it goes. The pitfalls with merging an outside suspicious coin into a bloated blockchain have been apparent all the while. Remember when doge announced merge mining with ltc. Though doge wasnt supposed to merge mine with gibraltar trustee coin.
legendary
Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020
Do we need to update huntercore also  or just the prune node? for the 200 or less coins issue?

BTW Thanks Smiley

Icon

PS

Does unity client need updating too?

if using huntercore (even if in prune mode or not), you should use the new huntercoin-qt.exe

unity doesn't need updating.... atm. Smiley

Activity: 821
Merit: 503
Do we need to update huntercore also  or just the prune node? for the 200 or less coins issue?

BTW Thanks Smiley

Icon

PS

Does unity client need updating too?

legendary
I've updated all the links to Huntercore binaries.

All-in-One Huntercore Installer 0.13 + pruned chain + unity3d (<500mb) > https://mega.nz/#!gIVXUaYD!kvwLruozyLjXlvZjjU43oJzJ4Tn1qn-3f0K3clShu4I

Huntercore 0.13 + Unity3d Client > https://mega.nz/#!lU1WUDwb!S0qiHjC_2KjADxqnTuDw358R9TUFQsRhLBRW1tfzu_0

any issues let us know
legendary
Regarding pruned chain issue - the problem seemed to be only when you had less than 200 hucs in your wallet.

domob has done a fix and i will update the repo asap.

it seems the old pruned chain (if you have it), should work fine for playing as long as you have over 200 hucs in your wallet.
Otherwise be patient while i update the repo, build binaries, and make/upload the new windows installer.

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
compiled it and just syncing now, but I see that gbt isn't active so I don't think I'll be able to mine it.

I know there has been conversation about this before, but I've not been able to find out if merge mining NMC has been fixed or if it actually works anymore. I've scanned the NMC forum but can't find any definate answer, so can only presume that if HUCcore is based on NMCcore then merge mining will also be broken with HUC also? That sucks if I'm correct.

As far as I know, merge-mining with neither NMC nor the new HUC client is "broken".  GBT is disabled at the moment since it caused difficulties with a planned change in NMC and seems pointless for merge-mining, but apparently people are still using it for controlling their mining.  See discussion in https://github.com/namecoin/namecoin-core/issues/98.  It will probably be re-enabled "soon" and then become available also in HUC.

ok. ahh I see... I guess I did use a fork of the nmc-core that put gbt back in....

#git config --get remote.origin.url
https://github.com/UNOMP/namecoin-core.git
#

namecoin-cli getblocktemplate
{
  "capabilities": [
    "proposal"
  ],
  "version": 65540,
  "previousblockhash": "7855b6ca1a16d8b2bd3eb068d7c86efa032ce2af0214534c822206e0de0a700a",
  "transactions": [
  ],
  "coinbaseaux": {
    "flags": ""
  },
  "coinbasevalue": 2500000000,
  "longpollid": "7855b6ca1a16d8b2bd3eb068d7c86efa032ce2af0214534c822206e0de0a700a1517",
  "target": "00000000000000000929fa000000000000000000000000000000000000000000",
  "mintime": 1481303155,
  "mutable": [
    "time",
    "transactions",
    "prevblock"
  ],
  "noncerange": "00000000ffffffff",
  "sigoplimit": 20000,
  "sizelimit": 1000000,
  "curtime": 1481306175,
  "bits": "180929fa",
  "height": 317508
}

legendary
Activity: 1135
Merit: 1166

legendary

I'm using NMC on my pool now without issues, but yes, in the past it didn't work either....

Hi crackfoo,

Do you know if merge mining with p2pool is working again?

that.... I'm not sure of. I've never looked into p2p...
Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

I'm using NMC on my pool now without issues, but yes, in the past it didn't work either....

Hi crackfoo,

Do you know if merge mining with p2pool is working again also?
legendary

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574
Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
Ok, to clarify once the fork has happened can we play with a prune node?

Icon

The two are not directly related. I'm waiting for the fork because it will improve the gameplay. I'm just guessing the bug will be fixed by then as a matter of timing
Ok, to clarify once the fork has happened can we play with a prune node?

Icon
legendary
Activity: 1268
Merit: 1006
When will huntercore be ready for mining? Does it have submitblock and getblocktemplate functions?

i think it has but are disabled (I will let domob respond).

atm we don't recommend mining with it until after the fork. but if you want to help test some, that would be great.

--

--

I've uploaded here a windows installer without the pruned chain - it will sync from scratch. should take 24hours on a decent connection and decent machine. it will be extremely slow from blocks 70-240k but will then be much faster.

https://mega.nz/#!MB9ngSAR!eDSc2VUXJ9qufOEj1lof1H6Uy1u-_6PgS8X-6wPjLEc

don't use the prune option yet please - or you may lose some hunters

So let me get this straight, there is no use atm running a prune node, due to missing hunters?

Icon

You can't play the game, but you can still use the wallet with the pruned chain. I have some coins on mine, actually. So it's useful if you don't trust Poloniex to be your wallet. I don't plan on playing until after the fork, anyways... we still have some time
When will huntercore be ready for mining? Does it have submitblock and getblocktemplate functions?

atm we don't recommend mining with it until after the fork. but if you want to help test some, that would be great.

--

--

I've uploaded here a windows installer without the pruned chain - it will sync from scratch. should take 24hours on a decent connection and decent machine. it will be extremely slow from blocks 70-240k but will then be much faster.

So let me get this straight, there is no use atm running a prune node, due to missing hunters?

Icon

Activity: 2147
Merit: 518

--

--

I have a feeling situation with mining will worsen after the chain starts kicking, post fork. Dream on about clean network. I will flood it with orphans and dust spam to restrict the connections to legit nodes. I call it protectionist philosophy.
legendary

--

--

compiled it and just syncing now, but I see that gbt isn't active so I don't think I'll be able to mine it. submitblock seems to be there though.
legendary

--

--

Pages:
Jump to: